5 Page Preview for Transformers: Lost Light 25

Transformers News: 5 Page Preview for Transformers: Lost Light 25

Tuesday, November 6th, 2018 8:58AM CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 9,616

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

We are at the end of an era, with the final book in James Robert's Transformers saga about to be released. Lost Light 25 is an oversized issue coming in a 30 pages, practically double the length of a regular issue. Below is a very spoilery 5 page preview from Graphic Policy, so only read it if you are ok with knowing who died.

James Roberts (w) • Jack Lawrence (a & c)

MORE THAN MET THE EYE. The quest is over, the dust has settled, and everything has changed—forever. But before the fond farewells, before the parting of ways, before the unkept promises to stay in touch, there’s time—surely, there’s time—for one last drink…

FC • 40 pages • $4.99

Transformers News: 5 Page Preview for Transformers: Lost Light 25

Transformers News: 5 Page Preview for Transformers: Lost Light 25

Transformers News: 5 Page Preview for Transformers: Lost Light 25

Transformers News: 5 Page Preview for Transformers: Lost Light 25

Transformers News: 5 Page Preview for Transformers: Lost Light 25

Transformers News: 5 Page Preview for Transformers: Lost Light 25

Transformers News: 5 Page Preview for Transformers: Lost Light 25

Transformers News: 5 Page Preview for Transformers: Lost Light 25
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: 5 Page Preview for Transformers: Lost Light 25 (1992763)
Posted by Stryker P28 on November 6th, 2018 @ 9:06am CST
It was Ratchet?





Also I've only ever read 2 comics:The one with centuritron "Into the Abyss"
and the one that came packaged with nightbeat " IDK "
Re: 5 Page Preview for Transformers: Lost Light 25 (1992774)
Posted by Stormshot_Prime on November 6th, 2018 @ 10:39am CST
So at least Prowl, Windblade, and Earth survive Unicron. If this is years after Unicron 6 and Op25, shouldn’t it have been released last?
Re: 5 Page Preview for Transformers: Lost Light 25 (1992775)
Posted by Randomhero on November 6th, 2018 @ 10:43am CST
Stormshot_Prime wrote:So at least Prowl, Windblade, and Earth survive Unicron. If this is years after Unicron 6 and Op25, shouldn’t it have been released last?



It was always intended to be released first and we still don’t know the entire issue so don’t let this let you draw to conclusions just yet. It is Roberts and he always subverts expectations. If this comic was to ruin the end of OP and unicron than it wouldn’t be first.
Re: 5 Page Preview for Transformers: Lost Light 25 (1992777)
Posted by Maverick69429 on November 6th, 2018 @ 10:59am CST
"We achieved something" Yeah, turning a beloved franchise into an SJW circle jerk. Good. Riddance.
Re: 5 Page Preview for Transformers: Lost Light 25 (1992785)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on November 6th, 2018 @ 12:00pm CST
Maverick69429 wrote:"We achieved something" Yeah, turning a beloved franchise into an SJW circle jerk. Good. Riddance.
Overall, that aspect wasn't too bad. It gave some extra layers to characters, even if it humanized them, thus taking away from the mystique of being alien shape-shifting robots. It was heavy-handed at times, but that's not due to the nature of the subject, but rather the inadequate talent of the writer. I got tired of Chromedome and Rewind pretty quickly, but I thought Cyclonus and Tailgate fit together well. I was a bit surprised by Ratchet and Drift, but I shouldn't have been. They spent most of the story together. I don't care about the rest. I do think that by the time the issue (and the story) comes to a close, Rodimus and Megatron will become at least conjunx amicae, if not more. As much as I was disappointed in the end of MTMTE, the overall story of the crew of the Lost Light has been pretty good. It won't beat the original Marvel comics, but it's better than what we had between 2006 and 2012. Just my opinion, of course.
Re: 5 Page Preview for Transformers: Lost Light 25 (1992789)
Posted by Stormshot_Prime on November 6th, 2018 @ 12:22pm CST
Randomhero wrote:
Stormshot_Prime wrote:So at least Prowl, Windblade, and Earth survive Unicron. If this is years after Unicron 6 and Op25, shouldn’t it have been released last?



It was always intended to be released first and we still don’t know the entire issue so don’t let this let you draw to conclusions just yet. It is Roberts and he always subverts expectations. If this comic was to ruin the end of OP and unicron than it wouldn’t be first.


You have a good point, but I remember back during First Strike there was a lot of weirdness with releases. For example we were spoiled that the villain of Revolutionaries was Joe Colton, before the pentultimate issue of that came out. I’m hoping you’re right, but the schedule has been modified so much at this point who knows.
Re: 5 Page Preview for Transformers: Lost Light 25 (1992809)
Posted by Randomhero on November 6th, 2018 @ 1:11pm CST
Stormshot_Prime wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
Stormshot_Prime wrote:So at least Prowl, Windblade, and Earth survive Unicron. If this is years after Unicron 6 and Op25, shouldn’t it have been released last?



It was always intended to be released first and we still don’t know the entire issue so don’t let this let you draw to conclusions just yet. It is Roberts and he always subverts expectations. If this comic was to ruin the end of OP and unicron than it wouldn’t be first.


You have a good point, but I remember back during First Strike there was a lot of weirdness with releases. For example we were spoiled that the villain of Revolutionaries was Joe Colton, before the pentultimate issue of that came out. I’m hoping you’re right, but the schedule has been modified so much at this point who knows.



That was due to revolutionaries being delayed so much which ruined that surprise but this was always intended to be released first or the same week as Unicron but I know for sure it was never last and moved due to delays.
Re: 5 Page Preview for Transformers: Lost Light 25 (1992827)
Posted by Bounti76 on November 6th, 2018 @ 3:39pm CST
So, (possibly) YEARS into the future, and Prowl STILL hasn't gotten his eye fixed?
Re: 5 Page Preview for Transformers: Lost Light 25 (1992833)
Posted by Randomhero on November 6th, 2018 @ 4:14pm CST
Bounti76 wrote:So, (possibly) YEARS into the future, and Prowl STILL hasn't gotten his eye fixed?



Look at the corner of those panels. It’s says much earlier. The scene of Rodimus prowl and megatron are flashbacks
Re: 5 Page Preview for Transformers: Lost Light 25 (1992871)
Posted by ScottyP on November 6th, 2018 @ 7:31pm CST
See You, Space Cowboy
A Review of Transformers: Lost Light #25

Free of any explicit spoilers, but some may be unintentionally implied.
Image
I'll drink to that

Sometimes I find the best way to start saying "goodbye" is to get straight to business.

For this review, sharing some context for this final issue of Lost Light may be an appropriate starting point. For those keeping up with the series you'll know that issue 24 left us with most of the series' main plots resolved. This finale serves as a way to put a bow on some other points of unfinished business while also providing a coda to show just where things go once the dust has settled. The biggest questions still to be answered are addressed for the most part, and even some yet-to-come events in IDW's other stories are alluded to in a telling way without venturing far into spoiler territory. That latter point is not the book's fault, but rather due to the chaotic release scheduling we've all come to be familiar with.

Image
It hasn't been long enough since Steins;Gate 0 for this

The primary story is set in the far flung future, where everyone that has survived to that point is older and sadder. It's just like real life, only with robots that turn into cars and stuff, and that allows the story to deliver some of the emotional beats the series has become so well known for.

The sincere, dedicated following this series has earned stems from that ability to present a narrative that allows for an escape into another world that retains a connectivity to its readers by examining, among many things, our relationships to others. Interpersonal, romantic, platonic, professional, friendly, or just plain casual, the Lost Light crew forged various bonds through their journey. What those are, were, could be, and could have been form the backbone of this finale, sparing no remorse for your feelings along the way.

Image
Had to know the wet blanket would show up

There's little left to really wrap up, and the biggest question on the minds of most readers probably has to do with how exactly this story might tie in to things going on elsewhere. This is answered early and allows the story to keep going, and ends up leaving some wonder in my mind anyhow about whether or not that question is actually addressed - but that's just me and it almost definitely was in its entirety.

The other one has to do with one of the central figures of the story since "Season 2" of More Than Meets The Eye began. A great deal of nuance is present in the approach to this plot, and unfortunately it crosses into the point of ambiguity. This may have been on purpose, or it could be that I just plain missed something. If that's the case, I'm happy to eat crow later because it's my only real critique of this issue, and even then it's more critical of the content than the delivery.

Image
Now if we can just get MP3 to save the day in Unicron 6

This is an ending that manages to do exactly what it needs to do, and it does so in a way that only this story with these characters at this moment could do. There's just enough of a twist to it to make you wonder "is it really over?" This occurs almost immediately after reaching the point of the issue where it appears that it truly is - goodbyes are said, farewells are made, and characters have again gone their separate ways. The mood received is comparable to one that might be felt on the last day of school, or at the last meeting at a soon-to-be-departed job, or even while writing the last review about your favorite comic book series of all time.

It's the end and it's ok to be a little sad, but it's better to be glad that it happened.

Image
You won't believe who gets to say something! Well, even moreso than in this panel.

Jack Lawrence returns for the finale, a fitting assignment as this lands him at 16 issues of the series' 25 on primary line art duties. The output does not disappoint, with his signature adeptness with expressions allowing many character moments to come through precisely as they were intended. Joana Lafuente's colors are a wonderful complement as usual, with special attention and praise in order for the subtle but impossible to miss difference in palette between scenes set in the future and those occurring in the "present". Tom B. Long takes the dense script and places every bubble of text with care, creating a full package between art, color, and text which ensures these unique characters keep their voice. Peaks and valleys help even Swerve convey speech that hits more at home with its realism than a Swerve line ever possibly could otherwise.

The covers available are the "A" cover, featured in this review's news story thumbnail, with art by Lawrence and colors by Lafuente. Nick Roche's art and Josh Burcham's colors take up the traditional "B" cover spot, with editor David Mariotte making the spelling assist that will be forever appreciated turn into a reality. MTMTE regular Alex Milne provides an appropriately decorated RI cover with Josh Perez's colors shining as they always do. You can find images of all of those covers and full credits for the issue in our Vector Sigma Database page for Transformers: Lost Light #25, but please note it contains a character appearance list which may accidentally deliver spoilers.

Verdict
Image
I guess we have to deal with this now.

I've taken great care here to not spoil much. If you've been reading the series, you'll read this issue, and I think you'll be satisfied. There's always a desire to want more of a good thing, and while you might be left with a lingering question or two that won't ever be answered, there's always that faint chance that one day Simon Furman's old adage "it never ends" might apply here as well. Transformers was kept alive in part by the passion of its fans even after the Marvel comic ceased publication - twice, counting G2 - so every back issue, collected version, trade paperback, and fancy hardcover omnibus set (please?) you buy in the future helps keep the possibility of Team Rodimus having some future adventures alive.

"Chances of this actually working?" "Oh, astronomically slim." But with the backup content of Roberts' retrospective teasing at just enough as it relates to the murdered word, and considering other strange goings on such as the initially solicited 40 page, $4.99 sized issue not happening, it feels like there's something in a distant tomorrow. Maybe one day the Crusadercons will quip their way into our hearts all over again, and this reader would welcome that with open arms.

Right, a score. 5/5 if there were numbers, but no numbers are needed this time.

To James Roberts, Jack Lawrence, Joana Lafuente, Alex Milne, Nick Roche, Josh Burcham, Brendan Cahill, Casey Coller, E.J. Su, Priscilla Tramontano, Tom B. Long, Carlos Guzman, David Mariotte, Sara Pitre-Durocher, Andrew Griffith, John Barber, Hayato Sakamoto, Brian Shearer, JP Bove, Agustin Padilla, Jose Aviles, and the huge list of other creators that worked on Lost Light and More Than Meets The Eye that I'll kick myself for forgetting to mention here -

. :rodimusstar: You've Achieved Something :rodimusstar:
out of
Thank You!


So is it really over? Yes.

Image
... or maybe we'll find out next week.
Re: 5 Page Preview for Transformers: Lost Light 25 (1992893)
Posted by YoungPrime on November 6th, 2018 @ 9:13pm CST
Haven't read this issue and I miss the series already....
Re: 5 Page Preview for Transformers: Lost Light 25 (1992940)
Posted by zfogshooterz on November 7th, 2018 @ 3:49am CST
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Maverick69429 wrote:"We achieved something" Yeah, turning a beloved franchise into an SJW circle jerk. Good. Riddance.
Overall, that aspect wasn't too bad. It gave some extra layers to characters, even if it humanized them, thus taking away from the mystique of being alien shape-shifting robots. It was heavy-handed at times, but that's not due to the nature of the subject, but rather the inadequate talent of the writer. I got tired of Chromedome and Rewind pretty quickly, but I thought Cyclonus and Tailgate fit together well. I was a bit surprised by Ratchet and Drift, but I shouldn't have been. They spent most of the story together. I don't care about the rest. I do think that by the time the issue (and the story) comes to a close, Rodimus and Megatron will become at least conjunx amicae, if not more. As much as I was disappointed in the end of MTMTE, the overall story of the crew of the Lost Light has been pretty good. It won't beat the original Marvel comics, but it's better than what we had between 2006 and 2012. Just my opinion, of course.


I pretty much got used to Chromedome and Rewind. The way it was written for them in MTMTE was pretty good and established that I eventually became quite fine with them.

Then from reconstruction onwards, these stuff became rampant. Cyclonus and Tailgate, Anode and Lug, Blast-Off and Onslaught, Arcee and Aileron and now, Drift and Ratchet. I just find it so weird and personally it's really hard to get used to and I don't think I ever will.

Anode with Lug, Arcee with Aileron and the Two Combaticons I can look past. But Cyclonus, Tailgate and Drift, Ratchet? That would be a big NO from me. I liked them better during the time of MTMTE when they were just close buddies (with the exception of Chromedome and Rewind). Those kinds of stuffs was moderate back then.

Sorry, I don't normally want to do this but since this current universe/continuity is ending, might as well put my thoughts on what I feel about this subject. Just my two cents there.
Re: 5 Page Preview for Transformers: Lost Light 25 (1992945)
Posted by ZeroWolf on November 7th, 2018 @ 5:06am CST
A great review Scotty, I'm really sad that this is coming to an end.
Re: 5 Page Preview for Transformers: Lost Light 25 (1992956)
Posted by ScottyP on November 7th, 2018 @ 7:27am CST
Obligatory follow-up given the review's contents - Mr. Roberts clarifies something for me, spoilers at link so be careful: https://twitter.com/jroberts332/status/ ... 24768?s=19

YoungPrime wrote:Haven't read this issue and I miss the series already....
Curious to hear what you think after you've read it :)

ZeroWolf wrote:A great review Scotty, I'm really sad that this is coming to an end.
Thanks!
Re: 5 Page Preview for Transformers: Lost Light 25 (1993003)
Posted by Coptur on November 7th, 2018 @ 10:33am CST
I won't miss this comic but i'm happy others did enjoy it.
Re: 5 Page Preview for Transformers: Lost Light 25 (1993013)
Posted by Stormshot_Prime on November 7th, 2018 @ 11:40am CST
Though some arcs were rushed for the sake of ending the universe, this is probably one of the best stories we’ll ever get. It’s not often we get some fiction with actual depth and thought put into its deep universe. I just feel like the next comic series will lack so much of what made any of the IDW stories so great, that depth will be replaced with toy selling. We saw how unnatural that sat in continuity with their attempts to tie in Combiner Wars and Titans Return.

At least there’s two more issues in the IDWverse to tide us over for the year.

Here’s to the Crusadercons.
Re: 5 Page Preview for Transformers: Lost Light 25 (1993019)
Posted by Randomhero on November 7th, 2018 @ 12:45pm CST
I wasn’t very happy with this ending. Highlights were ratchets funeral and bits with Megatron. I was not happy with Rung being completely forgotten. I understand the reason but there’s photos of him! Wouldn’t Nautica remember him? Is this really a case of “we saved the universe! We don’t remember how though...”

Some things just left me bitter. Roller, Grimlock just leaving with the Scavengers, nickel being there is a total “alright we’re just gonna ignore this cold blooded killer.” The organics from Mederi, nightbeat. Nightbeats death that came was totally forgotten was something that irked me.

This final story and arc of this 7 year series just a giant let down for me.
Re: 5 Page Preview for Transformers: Lost Light 25 (1993032)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on November 7th, 2018 @ 2:10pm CST
I understand that they're in different books, but the writers of both should have found a way to reunite Grimlock and the Dinobots. And I'm glad Rung is forgotten, I never liked the character.
Re: 5 Page Preview for Transformers: Lost Light 25 (1993037)
Posted by Flashwave on November 7th, 2018 @ 2:16pm CST
I'm going to be the minority here, but I don't like this issue for one tiny but very important detail: EVERYTHING HAPPENED OFF PANEL.

Ratchet died? Off Panel.

Megatron's Sentancing? Off Panel. (although we can infer, I guess.)

And I realize that they can't risk spoiling the ends of OP and Unicron I guess, though that didn't stop Unicron., but I was sorta hoping for something that showed the pieces going together rather than telling. I was expecting more of something happening on New Cybertron though than just telling us about flashbacks.

It occurs to me though that the Warren flung them into the far flung future, so there really isn't any way for the LL to interact with present day Earth.

I dont hate it, once yuo gwet past all the stuff that we were told happened, this issue does put a nice bow on the important things. I'm gonna miss MTMTE for its willingness to be something different than a Transformers Book and doing it well. It blazed a new trail and had fun with itself while doing it. That's not always rthe easiest thing to do. I can't wait for what IDW does next but it won't be Lost Light, and frankly I am hoping they don't try to make it so.

I pointed it out when we saw the cover that ratchet was holding the Energon flowers from Necroworld. And noromally one cannot infer anyrthing from COvers, but good god the one time Roberts put it right there in front of ud and we go "Yeah, don't read into that too much."

Megatron's glowing eyes string down Prowl at the end as Prowl twists the knife in Rodimus' back more and more was a nice touch. "I'll go willlingly, but leave my Friends alone"

Too many awesome moments int he BAr Scene to mentiont hem all. Defiantely good for a studdy Misfire under the table with FM's Leg Guns, Ten's models, Bluestreak (didn't they blow him up to prove a point?) Whirl's shirt as a nod tot he Marvel Comic's Mockingbird fallout.

Poor Hot Rod, he starts off alone in the IDW verse forced to kill his City. Loses his team to a Traitor, now has to watch his ship, his home, be reclaimed as all of his friends drive off, leaving him alone.

Fitting to his story, I guess, but I can't believe they forgot ol' whats his name. Rhymes with Eyebrows... RIng? Ladder? Nice to see bits and pieces of him in the Luna 1 bots.

Whirl and Cyclonus, starts with a hug, emds with a hug.
zfogshooterz wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Maverick69429 wrote:"We achieved something" Yeah, turning a beloved franchise into an SJW circle jerk. Good. Riddance.
Overall, that aspect wasn't too bad. It gave some extra layers to characters, even if it humanized them, thus taking away from the mystique of being alien shape-shifting robots. It was heavy-handed at times, but that's not due to the nature of the subject, but rather the inadequate talent of the writer. I got tired of Chromedome and Rewind pretty quickly, but I thought Cyclonus and Tailgate fit together well. I was a bit surprised by Ratchet and Drift, but I shouldn't have been. They spent most of the story together. I don't care about the rest. I do think that by the time the issue (and the story) comes to a close, Rodimus and Megatron will become at least conjunx amicae, if not more. As much as I was disappointed in the end of MTMTE, the overall story of the crew of the Lost Light has been pretty good. It won't beat the original Marvel comics, but it's better than what we had between 2006 and 2012. Just my opinion, of course.


I pretty much got used to Chromedome and Rewind. The way it was written for them in MTMTE was pretty good and established that I eventually became quite fine with them.

Then from reconstruction onwards, these stuff became rampant. Cyclonus and Tailgate, Anode and Lug, Blast-Off and Onslaught, Arcee and Aileron and now, Drift and Ratchet. I just find it so weird and personally it's really hard to get used to and I don't think I ever will.

Anode with Lug, Arcee with Aileron and the Two Combaticons I can look past. But Cyclonus, Tailgate and Drift, Ratchet? That would be a big NO from me. I liked them better during the time of MTMTE when they were just close buddies (with the exception of Chromedome and Rewind). Those kinds of stuffs was moderate back then.

Sorry, I don't normally want to do this but since this current universe/continuity is ending, might as well put my thoughts on what I feel about this subject. Just my two cents there.

In general, I agree with your sentiments here not just on IDW but in most stories and tv shows.When I first Saw Drift/Ratchet it got a big NO from me too, and I said as much. But the pieces were there all the way back to "How to say Goodbye" when Ratchet makes a figure of Drift for Ten's Display and says something to the effect of "We all miss him. Some of us didn't realize just how much" and it underline that those two' banter and bicker about Science vs. Religion in MTMTE, LL, and the Drift series betrayed a deeper truth of respect. They didn't agree with each other, on anything. But they appreciated each other's convictions. That's an important lesson even in friendship, but romantic stories have been built on less.

For Cyclonus and Tailgate, the only real wrinkle I see is that these are two characters who never interacted in previous Media. But they built both characters stpries so thoroughly, and they both brought out great arcs in the other that I wouldnt have it any other way.

Anode and Lug sorta bothers me in a different way, but they were introduced together as a Couple, even if one of them was a hallucination or memory, so that's just what they are.
Re: 5 Page Preview for Transformers: Lost Light 25 (1993038)
Posted by Flashwave on November 7th, 2018 @ 2:19pm CST
Rodimus Prime wrote:I understand that they're in different books, but the writers of both should have found a way to reunite Grimlock and the Dinobots. And I'm glad Rung is forgotten, I never liked the character.

If I remember right though, the last time the Dinobots saw Grimlock, they were not his biggest fans. Though I am reasonably confident in saying I think they might work past that, because Grimlock is still a Dinobot.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Dead End Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Buzzsaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Xort and Highbrow" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe protectobot Groove" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #213 - How to Say Expensive and Mean It
Twincast / Podcast #213:
"How to Say Expensive and Mean It"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, December 9th, 2018

New Items on eBay

Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots MEDIX The Doc-Bot Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G2 Motormouth Generation 2 GO-BOTS SEALED ON CARD MOC MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Motormouth Vintage Transformers Generation 2 G2 Go-Bots MOC Figure Car 1994 New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G2 Mirage Generation 2 GO-BOTS SEALED ON CARD MOC MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS 'SIDESWIPE' SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON TRILOGY" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Deluxe Sideswipe Hound Skytread Cog Set 4" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 OPTIMUS PRIME vintage cab w Roller lot Autobots" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS G1 POSTER 2 Set : AUTOBOTS & DECEPTICONS! Out of Print! Pat Lee DW" on EBAY