5 Page Preview of ROTF Comic Adaptation #4 Now Available

5 Page Preview of ROTF Comic Adaptation #4 Now Available

Thursday, June 4th, 2009 8:51am CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Movie Related News
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 13,854

The fine folks over at Comics Continuum have posted a new 5 page preview for your viewing pleasure.

This new update gives us a sneek peek at Transformers Revenge of the Fallen comic adaptation book #4.

IDW Publishing's synopsis of the book is as follows: The official adaptation of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen concludes here in this weekly series, where the return of an ultimate evil may prove to be too much for the noble Autobots and their human allies."

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Movie Adaptation #4 will be 32 pages and will cost $3.99.

Check out the preview by clicking here.

Credit(s): Comics Continuum

Re: 5 Page Preview of ROTF Comic Adaptation #4 Now Available (931799)
Posted by Officer Prowl on June 4th, 2009 @ 9:52am CDT
"The star harvester...awaits!" Ok this just screams Unicron to me.
Re: 5 Page Preview of ROTF Comic Adaptation #4 Now Available (931808)
Posted by Ravage XK on June 4th, 2009 @ 10:17am CDT
The Fallen is trying to jump start Unicron or something. COOOOOL.
Re: 5 Page Preview of ROTF Comic Adaptation #4 Now Available (931837)
Posted by DinobotKing on June 4th, 2009 @ 11:36am CDT
Re: 5 Page Preview of ROTF Comic Adaptation #4 Now Available (931841)
Posted by syphonn on June 4th, 2009 @ 11:41am CDT
DinobotKing wrote:No, the star harvester is the giant machine that Devastator breaks out of the pyramid that needs the matrix to activate it. No reference to Unicron.

Did they go into the 'connection' between humans and Transformers?
Re: 5 Page Preview of ROTF Comic Adaptation #4 Now Available (931886)
Posted by T-Macksimus on June 4th, 2009 @ 1:39pm CDT
syphonn wrote:

Did they go into the 'connection' between humans and Transformers?

Depends on how much of a spoiler you want to have?

(Was that sufficient warning for folks that I might be about to spill the beans?)

The humans and every other living thing on the planet were a speed bump in the Fallens plans thousands of years ago. That's about the scope of the general connection. I wont say anymore since the movie will explain it better. Like ID4 or most of the Star Trek movies, or most sci-fi movies in general, humans prove to be a pain in somebodys ass somewhere throughout the galaxy so I think I left it pretty vague.
If you live in the states and want more details you can pick up the complete Adaptation Graphic Novel at Target. The Target exclusive version has a red "holographic" cover (it shimmers but young kids will think it's neat) and bonus art. I don't know if other countries have it available but I suppose you can check online.
Re: 5 Page Preview of ROTF Comic Adaptation #4 Now Available (931890)
Posted by Blurrz on June 4th, 2009 @ 1:49pm CDT
My god... Did Megatron just call the Fallen... Master? What the..
Re: 5 Page Preview of ROTF Comic Adaptation #4 Now Available (931897)
Posted by Phenotype on June 4th, 2009 @ 2:11pm CDT
So I guess Megatron really does retain his jet mode.
Re: 5 Page Preview of ROTF Comic Adaptation #4 Now Available (932005)
Posted by Ironhide63 on June 4th, 2009 @ 4:48pm CDT
Re: 5 Page Preview of ROTF Comic Adaptation #4 Now Available (932059)
Posted by cybercat on June 4th, 2009 @ 6:19pm CDT
Ironhide63 wrote:hehehehe..these always leave me with more questions...although I suppose it is setting up unicron, not for this movie, but for the third.

(Maybe a spoiler--be cautious!)

Not so much. Found a copy at local Barnes and Noble (I'm such a cheat!), and I got the impression that (please don't kill me if this spoils anything, I'm trying to be discreet) Megatron is pretty much done being anyone's flunkie. So the idea of him allying with Unicron seems kind of remote to me. It could still be done, but just not that easily.

It does definitely plant a seed for a third movie, though. One may hope one without all these pesky hyooomins.

HK, discrete, as well.
Re: 5 Page Preview of ROTF Comic Adaptation #4 Now Available (932634)
Posted by T-Macksimus on June 5th, 2009 @ 10:34pm CDT
I'll vote for Unicron in the 3rd movie only if they bring back the original voice actor...
OOOHHH, That's right, they can't! Aaawww, darn, no Unicron. Seriously though, if they introduce Unicron to the Movie-verse then I'm done. I flat out will not watch it. That character died in 1986 and should have stayed dead! Bay and Spielberg and Orci and co. have a good thing going and taking a leap like that will turn this franchise into the crap that all the whiners already say it is. I fail to see how anyone could possibly think this would be a good idea or how it could even be half-way approached. Turning a multi-million dollar movie (the 3rd one will probably push 250-300 mil.) into a sideways version of the cartoon is unconscionable.

I'm sorry, I realize that may appear rather harsh at first read. Don't take it personally, I understand that you folks have a totally different vision of the outcome that what I do, so in fairness I'll at least be polite and give you the chance to pitch it and try to paint a rosy picture. Just remember that the vision of the '07 movie was about "a boy and his car" and back in 1986 that "boy and his car" got swallowed whole. No pressure.
Re: 5 Page Preview of ROTF Comic Adaptation #4 Now Available (933979)
Posted by Cryosis Prime on June 8th, 2009 @ 8:56pm CDT
I'm all for galactica threats, but I think it feels too soon after the AEC trilogy to use Unicron again. Besides, there are entities and factions that exist that can easily be force that the Autobots and Decepticons must unite against 'for scale's sake,' assuming the film makers do decide to go that route. Reimagined Quintessons, the Vok, the Swarm, the Dead Universe are just a few I can think of off the top of my head.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #288 - Filler Episode
"Filler Episode"
Posted: Sunday, November 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Beast Hunter Optimus Prime Sealed, Brand New!" on EBAY
Buy "1986 ChromeDome Headmaster Transformers Action Figure G1 with box, instructions." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Construct Bots Wheel Jack and Ironhide" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO KINGDOM * RHINOX * TRANSFORMERS WAR FOR CYBERTRON VOYAGER CLASS!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class Skullsmasher & Grax Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Highbrow Complete Deluxe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers kingdom war for cybertron trilogy Rodimus prime  -BOX ONLY-" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage GO BOTS ROAD RANGER OPTIMUS PRIME Bandai 1983 TRANSFORMERS" on EBAY