5 Page Preview of Tales of the Fallen #6: ARCEE

5 Page Preview of Tales of the Fallen #6: ARCEE

Friday, January 1st, 2010 6:57pm CST

Categories: Comic Book News, People News
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 54,309

Chris Mowry, of IDW Publishing, has updated his blog site, The Full Mowry, with a five page preview of the next installment of the Tales of the Fallen story arc.

5 Page Preview of Tales of the Fallen #6: ARCEE

Book #6, titled ARCEE, will feature work by Transformers artist Alex Milne and colors by Josh Perez. ARCEE will also feature a new Transformer, created by Chris Mowry, named FLATLINE. Here's Chris' basic profile on FLATLINE:

...He's a Decepticon medic, basically their version of Ratchet. While Ratchet may work to save lives, Flatline merely gets his soldiers operational again. Because as I'd like to think of him saying "to cease to serve, is to cease to function."

Check out the full preview by clicking here.

Credit(s): Chris Mowry

Re: 5 Page Preview of Tales of the Fallen #6: ARCEE (1032607)
Posted by Swiftpaw on January 1st, 2010 @ 7:28pm CST
... That is notibly '07 Arcee's design on the table, as she's seen with in the comics related to the first movie. Maybe this issue will give us a story to explain how she got her '09 form.
Re: 5 Page Preview of Tales of the Fallen #6: ARCEE (1032629)
Posted by Irken17 on January 1st, 2010 @ 9:38pm CST
So thats how skids and mudflap ended up that way.... :?
Re: 5 Page Preview of Tales of the Fallen #6: ARCEE (1032631)
Posted by amtm on January 1st, 2010 @ 9:56pm CST
So even Arcee hates her new look.
Re: 5 Page Preview of Tales of the Fallen #6: ARCEE (1032652)
Posted by Heckfire on January 2nd, 2010 @ 12:24am CST
Wow, Femmebots in Refrigerators...it REALLY sucks to be Arcee in any of the IDW universes, huh?
Re: 5 Page Preview of Tales of the Fallen #6: ARCEE (1032699)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on January 2nd, 2010 @ 11:23am CST
Swiftpaw wrote:Maybe this issue will give us a story to explain how she got her '09 form.

The preview quite plainly shows how.
Re: 5 Page Preview of Tales of the Fallen #6: ARCEE (1032733)
Posted by Blurrz on January 2nd, 2010 @ 3:06pm CST
Re: 5 Page Preview of Tales of the Fallen #6: ARCEE (1032750)
Posted by Talous on January 2nd, 2010 @ 4:37pm CST
Pretty impressive. With the new naga like form(s) the change from two legs to wheels and funky spines almost make sense.

Aww hell, who am I kidding, I'd buy one.
Re: 5 Page Preview of Tales of the Fallen #6: ARCEE (1032751)
Posted by Jetstorm92210 on January 2nd, 2010 @ 4:39pm CST
Blurrz wrote:What the f- is this? This is supposed to be one the of the cutest Transformers fembots in the Universe, not some Quintesson freak hound. I'm not questioning character placement, but w-o-w, there's just things you don't do with certain characters. Poor Arcee.

You're right, the Movie Universe JUST hates fembots (Crasher, Elita-1, Arcee and her clones(?))
Re: 5 Page Preview of Tales of the Fallen #6: ARCEE (1032789)
Posted by Swiftpaw on January 2nd, 2010 @ 7:21pm CST

I felt the same way about the 'origin' they wrote for the Arcee Spotlight. Honestly I don't mind the idea of how some nutjob experimenting with genders created female transformers, but I'd of rathered they'd made someone up for it than have Arcee be a robo-transexual. It's just really weird that way.
Re: 5 Page Preview of Tales of the Fallen #6: ARCEE (1032996)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on January 3rd, 2010 @ 4:32pm CST
This... really does nothing to entice me to buy it. At. All. What happened to the females not getting trashed all the time in TF?
Re: 5 Page Preview of Tales of the Fallen #6: ARCEE (1033315)
Posted by genozaur on January 4th, 2010 @ 12:28pm CST
OHMYGOD this story is gonna be so.... so ....grotescue, ,,so dark and so utterly haunting and grim and gritty

just how i like it

i love a good story like that

damn this is gonna be a good beginning for a transformers style stragith up horrorsetting

can't wait
Re: 5 Page Preview of Tales of the Fallen #6: ARCEE (1033502)
Posted by Heckfire on January 4th, 2010 @ 11:18pm CST
Whether it's cool or not, I'm REALLY looking forward to when we don't have that huge screaming Bayformer face on the front page...*shudder*
Re: 5 Page Preview of Tales of the Fallen #6: ARCEE (1033845)
Posted by RoboticZombie on January 5th, 2010 @ 10:01pm CST
I wanna know why Thundercracker has 'boobs.' He must be really cold. :P
Re: 5 Page Preview of Tales of the Fallen #6: ARCEE (1034749)
Posted by cybercat on January 8th, 2010 @ 9:41am CST
Swiftpaw wrote:

I actually liked this story (Mowry's) a lot. I liked that it ISn't pretty, that she isn't some airheaded femmebot or preschool teacher (shakes fist at TFA), but seems tough and competent and maybe, just maybe, will save her OWN goddam butt without waiting for a man to come rescue her.

(And I heart Flatline. Big time.)

I think the only thing that upsets me is that it is, I believe, the last Mowry is writing for Transformers.

HK, now if only we could stop making femmes *pink*.
Re: 5 Page Preview of Tales of the Fallen #6: ARCEE (1035505)
Posted by Moon Bug on January 10th, 2010 @ 3:29pm CST
hellkitty wrote:Actually, as an actual female, I really had HUGE problems with Furman's Spotlight. Let's start with the 'femmes is crazazy' and add to that the idea that she's vicious but ONLY to the man/mech whut done her wrong? (facepalm). Add to that the idea that 'female' is somehow less than male, and that the MALE mechs are the ones who notice the pronoun shift...all somehow without explaining exactly, 'scuse me, but, WTF the whole point of creating femmes is at all?!?!

(And I heart Flatline. Big time.)

HK, now if only we could stop making femmes *pink*.

I don't see the point in having all femmes have a tough and competent fighting spirit. All Transformers are different. So what I don't have a problem with TFA's Arcee when you have Black Arachnia. Plus maybe having a character like Arcee is portrayed often would help bring young girls into being fans of the franchise. What is the problem with pink femmes? There are Blue femmes too. Should they stop making Blue male TFs too? There must have been a reason for the creation of femmes in the TF universes, so this reason should reflect in their attitude, tone of voice and frame. There is a reason for everything. Everyone has TFs they don't like. You don't like Arcee but that does not mean that her attitude should be different. I think she was portrayed quite well in TFA.

It's war! Anything goes!

Although I do kind of get sick of people always wanting to torture these femmebots in their stories.
Re: 5 Page Preview of Tales of the Fallen #6: ARCEE (1035611)
Posted by cybercat on January 10th, 2010 @ 8:45pm CST
Lunar-tic wrote:

The face shot in this snippet is pretty ghastly: she's pretty hot later on.

HK, And I LIKE TC's spike nipples. It's COLD in that lab!
Re: 5 Page Preview of Tales of the Fallen #6: ARCEE (1035819)
Posted by Moon Bug on January 11th, 2010 @ 11:46am CST
hellkitty wrote:Oh yes, I'm sorry, why should I be offended by Lame Chauvinist Stereotype of Nurturing Preschool Teacher when I also have Lame Chauvinist Stereotype of Skank Who Uses Her Body To Manipulate Men? I forgot I had a choice.

Don't you write about Arcee selling her body? :roll: :P

I do agree with you that there should be a different view of femmes. But I don't think those characters should be changed, they should have introduced new characters instead. Having a lame chauvinist stereotype of nuturing preschool teacher was right for the story that was written in my opinion. And I really like Black Arachnia, she is one of my favourite characters.

Personally I hate the new Arcee look. The intended look that she should have had in the 1st movie was much better.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers RID Windblade - Warrior Class 2016 - NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Pop! Retro Toys G1 Transformers SHOCKWAVE #83 SDCC 2021 Shared Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "2015 Transformers Combiner Wars WHEELJACK Deluxe Class Complete Instructions" on EBAY
Buy "AIR RAID Transformers Combiner Wars Deluxe Aerialbot Superion 2015 Complete" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Robots in Disguise SPRINGLOAD Incomplete Action Figure Frog RID Fig" on EBAY