6 additional Siege TakaraTomy stock photos from Dengeki Hobby

Transformers News: 6 additional Siege TakaraTomy stock photos from Dengeki Hobby

Sunday, October 21st, 2018 12:08AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: notirishman   Views: 16,772

A while ago, we put up an which featured many nice, HD, stock photos for the new Siege: War for Cybertron Trilogy toyline. Thanks to seibertron user Cyberpath, Dengeki Hobby finally put up an article featuring the stock photos for the Decepticons and more. Out of these stock photos we've picked out the six new stock photos. It comprises of two new Megatron stock photos, which mounts the fusion cannon onto his arm, unlike the original stock photos. We also have another Megatron photo using Blowpipe. Then we have Leader Shockwave using the Blowpipe fire effect with the second configuration for his additional parts. Finally we have Hound and Skytread wielding the Micro Master packs. So thoughts on these photos? Tell us in the pub forums below!

Credit(s): Dengeki Hobby

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: 6 additional Siege TakaraTomy stock photos from Dengeki Hobby (1990064)
Posted by Combat Zero on October 21st, 2018 @ 1:44am CDT
So wanting that Megatron and Shockwave. 8-)
Re: 6 additional Siege TakaraTomy stock photos from Dengeki Hobby (1990067)
Posted by mentre83 on October 21st, 2018 @ 3:59am CDT
Re: 6 additional Siege TakaraTomy stock photos from Dengeki Hobby (1990068)
Posted by Emerje on October 21st, 2018 @ 5:48am CDT
mentre83 wrote:I think it's a shame that for Flywheels they didn't make two merging Tfs like Battletrap. Still, a better toy than the last one we got - and I'm not over yet not getting a Triple Changer version. It seems that the character is cursed... or not very popular, at least.

Skytread/Flywheels being exactly like Battletrap was probably wishful thinking on our part. The two individual bots are much more complex than most Legends, effectively being Triplechangers themselves. They probably only were able to budget them by only having three other new Legends molds in the line (Beachcomber, Slash, and Windcharger), along with three slight retools (Tailgate, Cindersaur, and Outback), and one minor repaint of a much older figure (Skrapnel). Skrapnel is likely the biggest factor in us getting Battletrap since he was basically a budget freebie saving money they could use on the Duocon. If Siege Deluxe really are $17.99 that's not enough to cover two Legends, let alone two Legends that complex.

Emerje
Re: 6 additional Siege TakaraTomy stock photos from Dengeki Hobby (1990073)
Posted by Adimus Prime on October 21st, 2018 @ 6:58am CDT
That Micromaster "sword" looks ridiculous. Lol
Re: 6 additional Siege TakaraTomy stock photos from Dengeki Hobby (1990074)
Posted by Burn on October 21st, 2018 @ 7:12am CDT

That was what made the Duocons fun, two alt modes into one robot mode. They screwed up Battletrap and made things right for Flywheels, here's hoping they go back and "fix" Battletrap.
Re: 6 additional Siege TakaraTomy stock photos from Dengeki Hobby (1990075)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on October 21st, 2018 @ 7:27am CDT
Burn wrote:Personally I think it's a shame we got two TF's that merged into one like Battletrap.

I don't ... I don't understand what you mean? Or what you want? To have a Battletrap that doesn't turn into two separate robots you could just ... not transform them into separate robots? It's the easiest mod ever; you don't have to change the toy, you just have to pretend.
Re: 6 additional Siege TakaraTomy stock photos from Dengeki Hobby (1990076)
Posted by Albatross250 on October 21st, 2018 @ 7:37am CDT
Im curious how Battletrap is compatible to Flywheels?
Hmmmm..... :-?
Re: 6 additional Siege TakaraTomy stock photos from Dengeki Hobby (1990077)
Posted by ZeroWolf on October 21st, 2018 @ 7:39am CDT
Albatross250 wrote:Im curious how Battletrap is compatible to Flywheels?
Hmmmm..... :-?

Depends on the connection points I think it would be a shame if they weren't compatible.
Re: 6 additional Siege TakaraTomy stock photos from Dengeki Hobby (1990078)
Posted by Cyberpath on October 21st, 2018 @ 7:41am CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
Skritz wrote:Wait. THE TURRET MOVES?!

I'm honestly not too surprised. HasTak figured out how to pull that stunt off way back in 2005 with Cybertron Defense Scattorshot, and repeated it in 2015 with Combiner Wars Megatron.

And that was such a neat stunt, kind of blew my mind when it came out. Arms connected to a carousel that can turn around once the shoulder joints are swung up.

Burn wrote:

Agreed!

And I think it hurt the look of the combined robot form, especially those clunky legs.

Re: 6 additional Siege TakaraTomy stock photos from Dengeki Hobby (1990079)
Posted by Albatross250 on October 21st, 2018 @ 7:45am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:
Albatross250 wrote:Im curious how Battletrap is compatible to Flywheels?
Hmmmm..... :-?

Better get Battleslash and Roadtrap then, shame they dont have weapons like Flywheels
Re: 6 additional Siege TakaraTomy stock photos from Dengeki Hobby (1990080)
Posted by carytheone on October 21st, 2018 @ 7:48am CDT
Cyberpath wrote:
Burn wrote:

Agreed!

I agree as well. I think Battletrap is quite fun and I've enjoyed the figure a lot, but after seeing Flywheels and how tight and focused of a package he is, I also wish BT was not two robots.

Albatross250 wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
Albatross250 wrote:Im curious how Battletrap is compatible to Flywheels?
Hmmmm..... :-?

I gave the Battletrap boys CW Megatron's weapons. Combining weapons for combining bots made sense and they look good with the individual bots as well as the combined figure (combined).
Re: 6 additional Siege TakaraTomy stock photos from Dengeki Hobby (1990082)
Posted by ZeroWolf on October 21st, 2018 @ 8:16am CDT
Albatross250 wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
Albatross250 wrote:Im curious how Battletrap is compatible to Flywheels?
Hmmmm..... :-?

I plan on giving battle trap the Decepticon air patrol ;-) I would settle for the other half of the team to just be redecos just to give to Flywheels.
Re: 6 additional Siege TakaraTomy stock photos from Dengeki Hobby (1990088)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on October 21st, 2018 @ 8:57am CDT
While I only have half of PotP Battletrap, I'll agree that the extra parts needed for Battleslash and Roadtrap can be a bit in the way. No argument. But it was the only way to do him as a regular retail release under the constraints of PotP. But who knows, maybe they will do a Battletrap-only retool if Flywheels sells well.

Adimus Prime wrote:That Micromaster "sword" looks ridiculous. Lol

So did the Star Saber (albeit less so because of the unified colors), but it's the fun kind of ridiculous. Hopefully this sword stays combined better, though!
Re: 6 additional Siege TakaraTomy stock photos from Dengeki Hobby (1990095)
Posted by Albatross250 on October 21st, 2018 @ 10:10am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:
Albatross250 wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
Albatross250 wrote:Im curious how Battletrap is compatible to Flywheels?
Hmmmm..... :-?

I did miss Powerglide but I don't mind Viper redecoed as Tailwind but who knows, A-10 that turns into a gun, and also i do want Storm Cloud and Whisper turning into Dark Star Saber. :michaelbay:
Re: 6 additional Siege TakaraTomy stock photos from Dengeki Hobby (1990099)
Posted by MagicDeath on October 21st, 2018 @ 11:19am CDT
I think what Burn is getting at is: what was sacrificed in PotP Battletrap to give him his extra robot modes?
Re: 6 additional Siege TakaraTomy stock photos from Dengeki Hobby (1990113)
Posted by Crosscheck on October 21st, 2018 @ 1:30pm CDT
I had Flywheels as a kid. He definitely looks superior to Battletrap. I can't wait to get him. One of the few figures I am going to get from this line (all Micromasters, the weapons-maybe, the city add-on deluxes, and Flywheels).
Re: 6 additional Siege TakaraTomy stock photos from Dengeki Hobby (1990130)
Posted by mentre83 on October 21st, 2018 @ 3:54pm CDT
Emerje wrote:And personally I'm very glad they didn't go the lazy way and make the Duocons just another pair of Triplechangers. It works as a club exclusive, but we deserve something more faithful at retail.

I'm glad that they preserved the Duocons concept, yet a Blitzwing redeco to pair with the Triple Changer Battletrap would have been nice.
Re: 6 additional Siege TakaraTomy stock photos from Dengeki Hobby (1990153)
Posted by william-james88 on October 21st, 2018 @ 7:35pm CDT
Cyberpath wrote:Best Megatron head/face-sculpt after the MP-36.

I know I convinced everyone Leader Megs was overrated but come on, we still have to give credit where its due, that headsculpt was excellent:

And when you think about it, Megatron headsculpts are usually great. My best of list mentions another one too. https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... pts/36908/

This headsculpt was also great

And this one was just so cool as a hybrid design

So while this one is nice, I think its simply par for the course for megatron headsculpts. I still think the Gen Leader one is superior.

Also, is it just me or does the deco on Megatron not really show battle damage, but rather simply dirt. Like he fell in some mud.
Re: 6 additional Siege TakaraTomy stock photos from Dengeki Hobby (1990154)
Posted by Emerje on October 21st, 2018 @ 7:44pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:
Albatross250 wrote:Im curious how Battletrap is compatible to Flywheels?
Hmmmm..... :-?

Warden said they are compatible. I imagine there's a ball joint about the size of Battleslash's head used to connect the tank to the jet.

Emerje
Re: 6 additional Siege TakaraTomy stock photos from Dengeki Hobby (1990176)
Posted by Overcracker on October 21st, 2018 @ 8:44pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:Best Megatron head/face-sculpt after the MP-36.

This headsculpt was also great

And this one was just so cool as a hybrid design

Gotta disagree there. Leader Megs is o.k. But there is no contest with the finely chiseled evilness that is the new face:
wfcMegface.jpg

R.I.D and the others are o.k sculpts but are not G1. This is G1 as he's supposed to look.

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #211 - On The Prowl
"On The Prowl"
Posted: Sunday, November 4th, 2018

Buy "Transformers Universe Decepticon HEAVY LOAD Heavyload with Drill Bit Mini-Con" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe Voyager Class Heavy Load" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Invasion optimus prime KO generations Voyager size" on EBAY
Buy "NEW - Transformers: Monstrosity by Metzen, Chris; Dille, Flint" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Dinobot SWOOP HEAD BEAK ASSEMBLY Part Lot Weapon Missiles" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe HEAVY LOAD Voyager Class  figure complete no mini con" on EBAY
Buy "New 2012 Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Nova Stinger Bow Airachnid Figure 3"" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BACKFIRE Scout Class 2008 Hasbro Tomy" on EBAY