6" Galvatron Model Kit Preorder

6" Galvatron Model Kit Preorder

Wednesday, September 5th, 2007 6:07pm CDT

Categories: Sponsor News, Store News
Posted by: Air Commander Starscream   Views: 20,079

BigBadToyStore.com has put up a preorder for a 6" Galvatron unpainted model kit from Arianrhod.

This is an unpainted model kit that requires assembly and can be painted. This kit is licensed by Takara Tomy and made by a newly formed company called Arianrhod. Only ~100 pieces of this kit will be sold at the Japanese Super Festival so it is extremely limited. The kit is a ‘full action’ model kit with moveable joints and articulation, no glue is required, but there may be some minor trimming of parts or other basic modeling skills needed. There are 26 total pieces in the kit and Arianrhod will follow this kit up with Bludgeon and Thunderwing as their next releases. The kit will be packaged in a full color box with artwork. The kit stands roughly 6” tall and is in scale with Hasbro ‘Deluxe’ sized items.

You can view the pictures and preorder the item here.

Credit(s): CyberTooth, BigBadToyStore.com

Re: 6" Galvatron Model Kit Preorder (326014)
Posted by i_amtrunks on September 5th, 2007 @ 6:17pm CDT
Bonger wrote:Ah, I just logged on to post this. Well, I've never modeled ever, but I'm gonna take a shot at this. He just looks like he would fit in with tit. scourge and my custom Cyclonus too well.

I'll post pics of the mess I make of it when I'm done for ya'll to crack up at. :grin:

Looking forward to it!

Gotta admit, the asking price for a figure I have to assemble and paint myself, and after all that it does not transform is a tad too much.
Re: 6" Galvatron Model Kit Preorder (326110)
Posted by Ultra Magnus on September 5th, 2007 @ 6:49pm CDT
Re: 6" Galvatron Model Kit Preorder (326129)
Posted by Bonger on September 5th, 2007 @ 6:56pm CDT
i_amtrunks wrote:

Looking forward to it!

I agree. Too bad this was not mass produced. For around 40-50, they'd sell pretty well I think.
Re: 6" Galvatron Model Kit Preorder (326176)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on September 5th, 2007 @ 7:22pm CDT
For $125 I want a fully painted and assembled figure!
Re: 6" Galvatron Model Kit Preorder (326232)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on September 5th, 2007 @ 7:51pm CDT
I was just gonna do a lttle something on this, but seeming how it's already donne...

Still, I can't help but wonder and hope it in this kit are the paving stones that will one day lead to a MP Galvatron!?!

(or at least a quality Classic)
Re: 6" Galvatron Model Kit Preorder (326248)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on September 5th, 2007 @ 7:58pm CDT
Ultra Magnus wrote:I've always wondered why they never made Model Kits out of Transformers Characters. Look at Gundam, and the AMAZING mechs in those series. I just KNOW we could have a Fully transformable Galvatron, Arcee, Cyclonus if they just followed Ban Dai's lead. Just look in my signature.

My Friend I give you...

http://stores.ebay.com/id=266500&ssPage ... MEFS:MESST

Also I have that Gundam, and have been a long standing fan of the mod job you did there!
Re: 6" Galvatron Model Kit Preorder (326361)
Posted by metalformer on September 5th, 2007 @ 8:50pm CDT
Nice figure :grin: , awful price :-( !
Re: 6" Galvatron Model Kit Preorder (326377)
Posted by Decatron on September 5th, 2007 @ 9:00pm CDT
Cool Magnus Gundam :P

Back on topic. Anyway, as cool that Galvatron is, I have no skills whatsoever. That being said I go only for action figures
Re: 6" Galvatron Model Kit Preorder (327161)
Posted by Cyberstrike on September 6th, 2007 @ 6:36am CDT
I'm not a big fan of models.
Re: 6" Galvatron Model Kit Preorder (327238)
Posted by spiritofcat on September 6th, 2007 @ 7:42am CDT
Re: 6" Galvatron Model Kit Preorder (327295)
Posted by rob_charb on September 6th, 2007 @ 8:26am CDT
spiritofcat wrote:The fact that it requires painting puts me off a bit. I like that Gundams are molded in colour.

Even though they're molded in colours, they still require a fair bit of painting to look decent. So painting the Galvatron isn't really that much more work doing a good-looking Gundam.

Anyway, if that Galvy was cheaper, it would be a must have. But at that price, I'd rather get myself a couple of Encores.
Re: 6" Galvatron Model Kit Preorder (327437)
Posted by Optimist_Prime on September 6th, 2007 @ 10:16am CDT
Is this the same brand of models that those Wheelie and Cyclonus are?
Re: 6" Galvatron Model Kit Preorder (327446)
Posted by Bonger on September 6th, 2007 @ 10:23am CDT
Optimist_Prime wrote:Is this the same brand of models that those Wheelie and Cyclonus are?

Nope.
Re: 6" Galvatron Model Kit Preorder (327589)
Posted by Auto Bot on September 6th, 2007 @ 11:52am CDT
That's go to be the most expensive model kit around.

Could there be a mistake? Maybe the currency should be in YEN?
Re: 6" Galvatron Model Kit Preorder (327624)
Posted by Ultra Magnus on September 6th, 2007 @ 12:15pm CDT
Liege Evilmus wrote:

My Friend I give you...

http://stores.ebay.com/id=266500&ssPage ... MEFS:MESST

Thanks for the Props, man. There'll be more Customs as soon as I start to get free time again. Those Kabaya kits are pretty cool, but wouldn't it be sweet if they had Transformers characters in Master Grade model kit form? Look at the Master Grade Zeta and Double Zeta Gundams if you want a better example.

Re: 6" Galvatron Model Kit Preorder (327711)
Posted by waaaaghlord on September 6th, 2007 @ 1:00pm CDT
Re: 6" Galvatron Model Kit Preorder (327795)
Posted by Deceptiwho? on September 6th, 2007 @ 1:45pm CDT
Personally I want one bad... I love painting my TFs!! right up my alley!!
Re: 6" Galvatron Model Kit Preorder (327945)
Posted by CyberTooth on September 6th, 2007 @ 3:05pm CDT
waaaaghlord wrote:Just put in a preorder. Does BBTS send an email out before they charge your card? I'm going to be having a slight employment hickup shortly due to the seasonal nature of my primary income and while I can definately ensure that this is covered it would be handy to know in advance exactly when I'm going to be charged.

You'll get the notification when the preorder arrives. At this point, your card'll be charged. And the status will change to 'pending'. A day or so later [once your card clears] you'll get the ship notice.
Re: 6" Galvatron Model Kit Preorder (327956)
Posted by waaaaghlord on September 6th, 2007 @ 3:18pm CDT
Cheers for that. Shouldn't be too hard to keep £80 sat in the bottom of my account. Anyone else wondering if the Bludgeon and Thunderwing are going to look anything like the IDW interpretations?
Re: 6" Galvatron Model Kit Preorder (328168)
Posted by Cyber-Kun on September 6th, 2007 @ 5:29pm CDT
If anyone wants to take a look at the Master Grade Zeta Gundam 2.0 (http://www.dalong.net), its a fantastic model kit that transforms better then any transformer toy, and I include masterpieces in that.

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 68 Deluxe Movie 3 Leadfoot Target Exclusive In Hand" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 60 Constructicon SCRAPPER Voyager Class MISB/New 2020" on EBAY
Buy "MISB Transformers SCF Tokyo Game Show Battle Damage Set Optimus/Convoy Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premiere Edition Deluxe Cogman 2017  ((NEW))" on EBAY
Buy "1:64 TRANSFORMERS OPTIMUS PRIME WESTERN STAR 5700 & BARRICADE JADA TOYS DIECAST" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Movie 2 Rotf Voyager Mixmaster Action Figure" on EBAY