6-Inch Titaniums To Make A Return To Target?

6-Inch Titaniums To Make A Return To Target?

Monday, July 23rd, 2007 5:27pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Store News
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 12,648

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply


Dark_Magnus wrote:

"Just an FYI to all board members, Target is doing their fall reset for Toys THE WEEK OF AUGUST 5TH. Ultimate Bumblebee will be featured on an endcap beginning that week as well.

So I was browsing at the new planogram for boys action and saw something interesting. An item on the planogram has a DPCI of 087-06-0413 and the description in the line listing was "Transformers G1". This is the old DPCI for the 6-inch titaniums and the product image picture (a mock up to show what the aisle will look like) shows a picture of a 6-inch titanium box!

Could Titaniums make a brief comeback to Target shelves in early August? I will report back tomorrow morning after I do some more investigating at work tonight."


Anyone hoping it is true like me? We still have at least two new molds to get on the market, and many people have not seen molds all the way back to 'The Fallen'.

So this is certainly welcome news, if it is true.

Credit(s): Dark_Magnus


This article was last modified on Monday, July 23rd, 2007 5:29pm CDT

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: 6-Inch Titaniums To Make A Return To Target? (239520)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on July 23rd, 2007 @ 6:13pm CDT
Im sure alot of stores have old cases full of them hidden in the back. Hell last week TRU had a few re-issue soundwaves.

EDIT: also does any one know the DCPI number for voyager megatron?
Re: 6-Inch Titaniums To Make A Return To Target? (239627)
Posted by Dark_Magnus on July 23rd, 2007 @ 7:06pm CDT
Megatron_Wolf wrote:Im sure alot of stores have old cases full of them hidden in the back. Hell last week TRU had a few re-issue soundwaves.

EDIT: also does any one know the DCPI number for voyager megatron?


The DPCI for voyager Megatron is the same as every other voyager. Only exclusives have unique DPCIs
Re: 6-Inch Titaniums To Make A Return To Target? (239657)
Posted by Decatron on July 23rd, 2007 @ 7:18pm CDT
Awesome.
Re: 6-Inch Titaniums To Make A Return To Target? (239658)
Posted by 1337W422102 on July 23rd, 2007 @ 7:19pm CDT
Could this potentially just mean there's going to be a restock?
Re: 6-Inch Titaniums To Make A Return To Target? (239700)
Posted by Blozor on July 23rd, 2007 @ 7:39pm CDT
My area Target will take great strides to make sure they don't get any of it.
Re: 6-Inch Titaniums To Make A Return To Target? (239900)
Posted by Zeds on July 23rd, 2007 @ 9:56pm CDT
1337W422102 wrote:Could this potentially just mean there's going to be a restock?


That would be my thoughts as well.
Re: 6-Inch Titaniums To Make A Return To Target? (239986)
Posted by Sportimus Prime on July 23rd, 2007 @ 10:46pm CDT
Besides Prowl and Grimmy, what else is there in those 6 titaniums left? Skywarp? I hope so since he'd be a simple repaint. :cool: Any ideas?
Re: 6-Inch Titaniums To Make A Return To Target? (240026)
Posted by Autobot032 on July 23rd, 2007 @ 11:19pm CDT
Dark_Magnus wrote:
Megatron_Wolf wrote:Im sure alot of stores have old cases full of them hidden in the back. Hell last week TRU had a few re-issue soundwaves.

EDIT: also does any one know the DCPI number for voyager megatron?


The DPCI for voyager Megatron is the same as every other voyager. Only exclusives have unique DPCIs


Speaking of exclusives, would you happen to know the DPCI and pricing for the Bumblebee 2-pack? (Evolution Of A Hero, as seen on eBay)

Thanks, in advance!

P.S. if all you can find out is just the number, that would be fantastic.
Re: 6-Inch Titaniums To Make A Return To Target? (240030)
Posted by D-340 on July 23rd, 2007 @ 11:24pm CDT
Dark_Magnus wrote:
Ironhide Texas wrote:Do you work at Target?


No, I just hack their system on a daily basis from inside a store wearing red and khaki... :-?


Hacking is bad, mkay.:lol:

Anyway, this is good news. Finally I'll get my hands the Titaniums I missing(namely Sunstorm and the Fallen). And I get paid then too :DANCE: :DANCE: :DANCE: :DANCE: :DANCE:
Re: 6-Inch Titaniums To Make A Return To Target? (240091)
Posted by Tigertrack on July 24th, 2007 @ 12:27am CDT
Sportimus Prime wrote:Besides Prowl and Grimmy, what else is there in those 6 titaniums left? Skywarp? I hope so since he'd be a simple repaint. :cool: Any ideas?


No Skywarp was shown the door, and not allowed to come back.

In other words, they said no to him.

The Soundblaster repaint of Soundwave with Ravage maybe? It was supposed to happen like Skywarp. Also Primal Prime, you know the red white and blue version of Optimal Optimus.
Re: 6-Inch Titaniums To Make A Return To Target? (240212)
Posted by Toyotus Superion on July 24th, 2007 @ 3:20am CDT
I work at Target and I saw this as well. They're probably overstock from the distribution centers. Old characters maybe? And as Dark Magnus said, the dpci is the same for every character of that scale unless its an exclusive, because then it comes in its own box. I work backroom in case anyone is wondering.
Re: 6-Inch Titaniums To Make A Return To Target? (240216)
Posted by Sportimus Prime on July 24th, 2007 @ 3:25am CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:
Sportimus Prime wrote:Besides Prowl and Grimmy, what else is there in those 6 titaniums left? Skywarp? I hope so since he'd be a simple repaint. :cool: Any ideas?


No Skywarp was shown the door, and not allowed to come back.

In other words, they said no to him.

The Soundblaster repaint of Soundwave with Ravage maybe? It was supposed to happen like Skywarp. Also Primal Prime, you know the red white and blue version of Optimal Optimus.


Wait, they're repainting the crappy Soundwave, and the unimpressive Optimal Optimus, but they're not doing a Skywarp on a mould that is actually good? Sheesh, they must've had their heads in the toilet too long or something. :( Maybe I'll hopefully pick up Sunstorm to even out my collection.
Re: 6-Inch Titaniums To Make A Return To Target? (240365)
Posted by Tigertrack on July 24th, 2007 @ 7:40am CDT
Sportimus Prime wrote:
tigertracks 24 wrote:
Sportimus Prime wrote:Besides Prowl and Grimmy, what else is there in those 6 titaniums left? Skywarp? I hope so since he'd be a simple repaint. :cool: Any ideas?


No Skywarp was shown the door, and not allowed to come back.

In other words, they said no to him.

The Soundblaster repaint of Soundwave with Ravage maybe? It was supposed to happen like Skywarp. Also Primal Prime, you know the red white and blue version of Optimal Optimus.


Wait, they're repainting the crappy Soundwave, and the unimpressive Optimal Optimus, but they're not doing a Skywarp on a mould that is actually good? Sheesh, they must've had their heads in the toilet too long or something. :( Maybe I'll hopefully pick up Sunstorm to even out my collection.


Well the Soundwave is up in the air like skywarp, but we were not given a no on him, as we were Skywarp.

However, there was not one in the display case as there was Primal Prime.
Re: 6-Inch Titaniums To Make A Return To Target? (240460)
Posted by Dark_Magnus on July 24th, 2007 @ 8:51am CDT
Toyotus Superion wrote:I work at Target and I saw this as well. They're probably overstock from the distribution centers. Old characters maybe? And as Dark Magnus said, the dpci is the same for every character of that scale unless its an exclusive, because then it comes in its own box. I work backroom in case anyone is wondering.


I don't think it would be overstock from the DCs since they should have cleared out their stock when we clearanced them out way back. I think we'll be seeing new cases coming in from now until the line ends.

Some new info. The tag says "Transformers 6" G1" and the price is $15.99. Also the spot alloted for the item is 8 inches wide, so it fits the description of og 6-inch titanium box. All signs point to this being the definite return of titaniums to Target.

Autobot032 wrote:
Speaking of exclusives, would you happen to know the DPCI and pricing for the Bumblebee 2-pack? (Evolution Of A Hero, as seen on eBay)

Thanks, in advance!

P.S. if all you can find out is just the number, that would be fantastic.


Bumblebee 2-pack 087-06-0905
Re: 6-Inch Titaniums To Make A Return To Target? (240479)
Posted by rbailen on July 24th, 2007 @ 9:00am CDT
I got Fallen, Cheetor, and Sunstorm from Hasbro's online shop and they rock it very nicely. Still haven't seen them at retail. I've read that this line is getting canned. It would be better if they retooled some way like focusing on War Within and Beast Machines or something. Despite all the crying, the winners of this series are really great shelf pieces for $15. The emphasis was on display, not play, which confused folks for some reason.
Re: 6-Inch Titaniums To Make A Return To Target? (240841)
Posted by devil prime on July 24th, 2007 @ 1:48pm CDT
i really hope this is true i wanted to get the soundwave figure but i never saw it around me
Re: 6-Inch Titaniums To Make A Return To Target? (240912)
Posted by --B-- on July 24th, 2007 @ 2:30pm CDT
hopefully this will be our chance to see G1 magnus,the fallen, and WW Magnus on the shelves, as no one has seen them out much. since they are already out in the UK and Canada, I like to think that they held them off until the movie line had sold out some.

I hope :(
Re: 6-Inch Titaniums To Make A Return To Target? (241252)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on July 24th, 2007 @ 5:52pm CDT
I hope so, I'm starved for some metal TFs!
Re: 6-Inch Titaniums To Make A Return To Target? (241339)
Posted by Anonymous on July 24th, 2007 @ 6:24pm CDT
Liege Evilmus wrote:I hope so, I'm starved for some metal TFs!


QFT.

I ordered WW Megatron, The Fallen and G1 Ultra Magnus from BBTS. A few weeks ago, I got the WWI Prime vs. Megatron 2-pack at TRU, so all that is left for me is Sunstorm, perhaps Grimlock.

They are building a Super Target near me now, along with another one that already exists, so bring on the 6" Titaniums!
Re: 6-Inch Titaniums To Make A Return To Target? (241413)
Posted by Wheeljack35 on July 24th, 2007 @ 6:49pm CDT
Dark_Magnus wrote:
Ironhide Texas wrote:Do you work at Target?


No, I just hack their system on a daily basis from inside a store wearing red and khaki... :-?


That was uncalled for Conspirocy....You do that to customers faces not online people :P


Unfotunatly he works with me at my Target :P

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Liege Maximo Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
Twincast / Podcast #268:
"Call Me 2020"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers 3 Dark of the Moon Movie Commander Class Ironhide" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers HUB Dark Of The Moon Cyberverse: MEGATRON (Unopened) Series 1 003" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series MPM-7 Bumblebee Hasbro Takara Tomy New" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Masterpiece Movie Series MPM-11 AUTOBOT RATCHET Takara Tomy" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage 1985 G1 Transformers - Devastator Scrapper Payloader - Near Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage G1 Transformers Scrapper 1984" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robot Academy Medix the Doc-Bot Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Ironhide InComplete Cyberverse DOTM" on EBAY