7-Eleven Japan Exclusive Nemesis Prime Revealed

Transformers News: 7-Eleven Japan Exclusive Nemesis Prime Revealed

Friday, March 8th, 2019 11:03AM CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 25,892

As we previously stated, 7-Eleven Japan revealed a new toy today, on 3/8. It turns out it's a redeco of Legendary Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime in Nemesis Prime colours, with all that lovely teal. It can be preordered now on the 7-Eleven site for 7500 yen plus tax. That is the only place to get it at the moment, so it's only available to Japanese residents. It may show up at site sponsors though (for a premium). The toy will be released September 13th, 2019, in 7-Eleven stores in Japan. You can check out the images below. Enjoy, and let us know what you think!

Transformers News: 7-Eleven Japan Exclusive Nemesis Prime Revealed

Transformers News: 7-Eleven Japan Exclusive Nemesis Prime Revealed

Transformers News: 7-Eleven Japan Exclusive Nemesis Prime Revealed

Transformers News: 7-Eleven Japan Exclusive Nemesis Prime Revealed

Transformers News: 7-Eleven Japan Exclusive Nemesis Prime Revealed

Transformers News: 7-Eleven Japan Exclusive Nemesis Prime Revealed
Credit(s): 7-Eleven
Re: 7-Eleven Japan Exclusive Nemesis Prime Revealed (2013964)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on March 8th, 2019 @ 11:40am CST

KO Trash-talk aside, this looks pretty cool.
Re: 7-Eleven Japan Exclusive Nemesis Prime Revealed (2013966)
Posted by william-james88 on March 8th, 2019 @ 11:51am CST
Decepticon Stryker wrote:Finally, an official version of the knockoff that has literally been EVERYWHERE on eBay. I swear I could look up a potato on eBay on a computer that I've never used before, and this would still show up in the recommended results.

KO Trash-talk aside, this looks pretty cool.

The KO is more expensive though, right? At least more expensive than the original legendary prime.
Re: 7-Eleven Japan Exclusive Nemesis Prime Revealed (2013967)
Posted by carytheone on March 8th, 2019 @ 11:57am CST

This is the redeco I was hoping for to justify the figure. Hoping it's not too hard/pricey to get here.
Re: 7-Eleven Japan Exclusive Nemesis Prime Revealed (2013969)
Posted by william-james88 on March 8th, 2019 @ 12:06pm CST
carytheone wrote:So 7-11 huh? Hasbro should work with Circle K (insert local gas station/C-store here) to bring exclusives to the states. Fill your tank, get some smokes, maybe a scratch off ticket and an $80 toy.

Did you guys get these toys at gas sations in the 80s?

Re: 7-Eleven Japan Exclusive Nemesis Prime Revealed (2013975)
Posted by SGMLordMirage on March 8th, 2019 @ 12:49pm CST
Not sure if this is realitivly new or not but spotted this in a Walmart in Colonial Heights, VA. It’s the Energon Igniter Shatter!
Re: 7-Eleven Japan Exclusive Nemesis Prime Revealed (2013984)
Posted by carytheone on March 8th, 2019 @ 2:55pm CST
william-james88 wrote:

Did you guys get these toys at gas sations in the 80s?]
I don't remember seeing them at gas stations, but that doesn't mean much.

Funny story actually. One of my clients has a huge ESSO sign inside there building and I asked about it and apparently the building was an ESSO station originally (a company I've never heard of). On my way to the hotel in Laval, QC I saw an ESSO station. Crazy right?!

EDIT: ESSO is a trading name for ExxonMobil and its related companies.

insert the more you know meme here >:oP
Re: 7-Eleven Japan Exclusive Nemesis Prime Revealed (2013986)
Posted by SGMLordMirage on March 8th, 2019 @ 3:04pm CST
ESSO stations are popular in Germany as well! More so, if you where stationed overseas, you used the ESSO stations because of the fuel stamps we had to purchase. That was a long time ago.
Re: 7-Eleven Japan Exclusive Nemesis Prime Revealed (2013987)
Posted by carytheone on March 8th, 2019 @ 3:06pm CST
Slurpees, Transformers and even a history lesson - who woulda thunk it?
Re: 7-Eleven Japan Exclusive Nemesis Prime Revealed (2013988)
Posted by william-james88 on March 8th, 2019 @ 3:08pm CST
carytheone wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Did you guys get these toys at gas sations in the 80s?]
I don't remember seeing them at gas stations, but that doesn't mean much.

EDIT: ESSO is a trading name for ExxonMobil and its related companies.

insert the more you know meme here >:oP

The US had Essos before they rebranded the company in 1972. The rest of the world never caught up with the rebranding though.

And Esso even appeared in the Japanese G1 cartoon:

Re: 7-Eleven Japan Exclusive Nemesis Prime Revealed (2013998)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 8th, 2019 @ 5:00pm CST
That paint job is stunning!
Re: 7-Eleven Japan Exclusive Nemesis Prime Revealed (2014004)
Posted by primalxconvoy on March 8th, 2019 @ 5:19pm CST
As much as I would like to get this, I've got the original Weijiang OSKO Nemesis Prime. Being in Japan, the official version might be cheaper, but outside, I'm not so sure.

I reckon the official version is going to be over 100 dollars outside Japan, whereas the original Weijiang version is around 130 dollars or so (possibly including postage) here: - http://sirtoys.com/toys.php?c=23&p=2750 ... Black.html .

Also, there's the newly released Black Mamba version (although the lorry mode is different) : - http://sirtoys.com/toys.php?c=23&p=4651 ... ck_BM.html . Thus version is about the same price as the official TT version. Both of the KO versions don't really have much teal, though.

I suppose it's great that there are at least three great options for a large, film-style Nemmy-P.
Re: 7-Eleven Japan Exclusive Nemesis Prime Revealed (2014018)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 8th, 2019 @ 8:28pm CST
Nemesis Prime? Never thought I'd say this but...

*yawn*

Re: 7-Eleven Japan Exclusive Nemesis Prime Revealed (2014082)
Posted by SGMLordMirage on March 9th, 2019 @ 3:20pm CST
Re: 7-Eleven Japan Exclusive Nemesis Prime Revealed (2014116)
Posted by Emerje on March 10th, 2019 @ 12:34am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Nemesis Prime? Never thought I'd say this but...

*yawn*

That one sure is yawn inducing, never really thought the Evasion Mode version was as good as it could be. But the Legendary version really lives up to its name, it's beautiful with all the teal flames and added details.

SGMLordMirage wrote:Just wanted to show this, they had one of the Bumblebee Movie displays in a Walmart down the street from me, with blankets and posters. The poster in the middle was the one i bought, pretty cool!

Did that display just go up at that store? Most stores had them up in December and tore them down in January. I wonder if they're going back up for the home release of the movie? The posters are the same as the ones from the first run. Looks like wave 1 of the Mini-Bots reissues are in there, too. :-?

Emerje
Re: 7-Eleven Japan Exclusive Nemesis Prime Revealed (2014129)
Posted by SGMLordMirage on March 10th, 2019 @ 7:39am CDT
Re: 7-Eleven Japan Exclusive Nemesis Prime Revealed (2014135)
Posted by william-james88 on March 10th, 2019 @ 8:52am CDT
SGMLordMirage wrote:They had one version up when the movie came out but then this particular one popped up. I guess they are just repurposing it. Adding the posters, blankets, pillows, and the Mini-bots. I bought one of the pillows awhile back, but at that time, they didn’t have th posters. So when i saw it, i thought they had torn them down. I posted a better shot of this particular display a week or two ago under the “Virginia Sightnings” where the opposite side was nothing but the Wave 1 Mini-bots. In my area, its the only display still remaining.

The bumblebee display in my area was always for bedding and the like, and its been up since last holiday season.
Re: 7-Eleven Japan Exclusive Nemesis Prime Revealed (2014166)
Posted by Emerje on March 10th, 2019 @ 4:38pm CDT
Mine was mainly toys, books, and activity sets (and the posters), plus the pillows. Ironically there were barely any actual Bumblebee movie figures, it was mostly Cyberverse and reissues (It's double sided).

20181220_195503.jpg

20181220_195510.jpg

Photos from 12/20/2018.

Emerje
Re: 7-Eleven Japan Exclusive Nemesis Prime Revealed (2014170)
Posted by william-james88 on March 10th, 2019 @ 4:54pm CDT
Here was mine
Re: 7-Eleven Japan Exclusive Nemesis Prime Revealed (2014174)
Posted by SGMLordMirage on March 10th, 2019 @ 5:05pm CDT
Now that is sweet!

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #219 - Big Cat Convoy
"Big Cat Convoy"
Posted: Monday, March 18th, 2019

Buy "Transformers AoE Bumblebee VS Lockdown" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction AOE Scorn Dinobot 2013 Hasbro New on Card" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Hollywood Rides Metals Die Cast Truck Jada Car Toys" on EBAY
Buy "HIGH OCTANE BUMBLEBEE TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION ACTION FIGURE, UNOPENED" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers  AOE Age Extinction Deluxe Class Dinobot Strafe, MISP MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Generations Deluxe Class Scorn Figure NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Voyager Scorn Dinobot Figure AOE TLK The Last Knight Voyager" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Thrilling 30 Sky-Byte Generations New" on EBAY