98+ new galleries coming down the pipes in July / August 2009

98+ new galleries coming down the pipes in July / August 2009

Thursday, July 2nd, 2009 10:14am CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 77,791

I keep getting emails from people asking "Where are the ROTF galleries?" so I thought I'd address this in a new thread. The end of May was an onslaught of new Transformers figures between BotCon and the release of ROTF merchandise. Unfortunately, Seibertron.com is not my full time job so it's been a scramble to keep up with everything, especially with having a baby that's 2 months old and dealing with a flood in my basement two weeks ago. Regardless, I've still been plugging along with my galleries.

I'm sure you guys know how I enjoy doing comparison shots, especially of figures within the same series or of the same mold, so as you can imagine it's taking me quite a while to go through all of the ROTF figures. I'd estimate that I'm about 60% of the way complete with the photo and cropping process of this entire list. That means there'll be a massive amount of galleries hitting the site starting in a couple of weeks. It'll probably take me about a month to get all of these posted on the site once I start posting them mid-July.

You should see some of the galleries below that I consider "rainy day" galleries popping up in the next few days such as the Dinobots, the Classics Universe figures and a couple of others.

Without further ado, here's the list of 98 galleries that I'm currently in the middle of. This list will most likely grow once I get the wave 3 Scout class figures. Once I start working on those, that'll be an additional 9 galleries to add to this list. 2000+ galleries here I come!

Revenge Of The Fallen
Mudflap
Optimus Prime (Leader)
Optimus Prime (Voyager)
Ramjet
Ratchet
Ravage
Sideswipe (gallery already on site but new comparison photos will be added)
Skids

Premium Barricade
Premium Blackout
Premium Bumblebee
Premium Ironhide
Premium Jazz
Premium Megatron (Leader)
Premium Optimus Prime (Leader - Takara version)
Premium Optimus Prime (Leader)

Classics Universe

Boss
Falcon
Flash
Hurricane
Scorch
Skydive
Skyquake (completed minus Predator comparison shots)
Snare
Stalker
Talon
Thunder Clash (gallery already exists but new pics to be added)

G1 Dinobots
------------------------------------------------------------
Grimlock (Completed)
Swoop (Completed)
Sludge (Completed)
Snarl (Completed)
Slag (Completed)

Re: 98+ new galleries coming down the pipes in July / August 2009 (946936)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on July 2nd, 2009 @ 10:45am CDT
That's awesome Ryan. I'm really looking forward to them. Especially Leader Jetfire and the Jetfire/Prime combo. Congratulations on the new baby, by the way!
Re: 98+ new galleries coming down the pipes in July / August 2009 (946953)
Posted by jaws on July 2nd, 2009 @ 11:29am CDT
Finish the ROTF first please, especially OP & Jetfire.
Re: 98+ new galleries coming down the pipes in July / August 2009 (946957)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 2nd, 2009 @ 11:42am CDT
Re: 98+ new galleries coming down the pipes in July / August 2009 (946964)
Posted by Seibertron on July 2nd, 2009 @ 11:56am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Nice work, man! Any chance you could squeeze in some Takara Beast Wars galleries?

Not a chance at this time unfortunately. I'm way too far behind on ROTF and Classics Universe/Henkei galleries to have time to do galleries that aren't relevant to the current galleries. I sure wish I had time though ... I've wanted to finish up the Beast Wars Neo and Beast Wars II galleries for quite some time. I can't wait to have an excuse to bust out Octo Tank finally. :D
Re: 98+ new galleries coming down the pipes in July / August 2009 (946972)
Posted by Mkall on July 2nd, 2009 @ 12:10pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:I've wanted to finish up the Beast Wars Neo and Beast Wars II galleries for quite some time. I can't wait to have an excuse to bust out Octo Tank finally. :D

I'd love to see that gallery, that and the waterfall base.

Not too many pics out there of either
Re: 98+ new galleries coming down the pipes in July / August 2009 (946978)
Posted by Seibertron on July 2nd, 2009 @ 12:17pm CDT
Mkall wrote:

I'd love to see that gallery, that and the waterfall base.

Not too many pics out there of either

I'm planning something big for the Waterfall and Volcano bases (I think I have the waterfall base ... is that what came with the green frog Cybertron?) I accidentally bought an AFA graded Volcano base. I got it for $100 with a buy-it-now. It's AFA graded 80. I've wanted to do a few pictures of me taking a hammer to the AFA case, busting it open, so that I can do a proper gallery of a figure that was once AFA graded. Of course, maybe I'll just find a MIB version instead and sell the AFA version that I got for so "cheap". It'll be a while until I figure out how I want to do that gallery.
Re: 98+ new galleries coming down the pipes in July / August 2009 (946985)
Posted by Mkall on July 2nd, 2009 @ 12:35pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
Mkall wrote:

I'd love to see that gallery, that and the waterfall base.

Not too many pics out there of either

Re: 98+ new galleries coming down the pipes in July / August 2009 (946991)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on July 2nd, 2009 @ 12:45pm CDT
Full time job, new kid, home repair, almost 100 galleries....

Do you sleep???
Re: 98+ new galleries coming down the pipes in July / August 2009 (946998)
Posted by Skowl on July 2nd, 2009 @ 12:58pm CDT
Hey Ryan,

When you took photos of Leader-class Megatron, did you take some without his stupid little "toes" flipped down in robot mode?

For him to be movie-accurate, he really shouldn't have them. I don't know why they're even there in the first place...
Re: 98+ new galleries coming down the pipes in July / August 2009 (947003)
Posted by MetaMorden on July 2nd, 2009 @ 1:11pm CDT
Great job, thank you!
Re: 98+ new galleries coming down the pipes in July / August 2009 (947018)
Posted by Seibertron on July 2nd, 2009 @ 1:36pm CDT
Mkall wrote:If you aren't interested in making much of a profit on that volcano base, drop me a PM ;)

IF I sell it, I would definitely be interested in making a profit off it since I know the MIB version goes for more than what I paid for it in AFA graded condition. Though I think it would be more fun to destroy an AFA container and open it up than it would be to sell it. I'd love to see that on YouTube and in the spotlight image on the homepage. Not a fan of AFA graded stuff personally, though I understand why some people are. Just not my thing.
Re: 98+ new galleries coming down the pipes in July / August 2009 (947020)
Posted by Seibertron on July 2nd, 2009 @ 1:38pm CDT
Skowl wrote:Hey Ryan,

Re: 98+ new galleries coming down the pipes in July / August 2009 (947023)
Posted by Mkall on July 2nd, 2009 @ 1:43pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:

Oh well, at least I tried.

Can't wait to see the galleries!
Re: 98+ new galleries coming down the pipes in July / August 2009 (947039)
Posted by kirbenvost on July 2nd, 2009 @ 2:12pm CDT
Wow, excellent work, Seibs! :APPLAUSE: It's crazy that you're able to do so much. Definitely looking forward to the new galleries! :D
Re: 98+ new galleries coming down the pipes in July / August 2009 (947053)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on July 2nd, 2009 @ 2:27pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:

I'd pay 99 cents on iTunes to see that! I'd also pay to see people's heads explode at the sight of a "hallowed" AFA graded figure getting "violated". Or some such nonsense like that.

If you decide to promote it on the site, make sure you increase your hosting plan for a few weeks!
Re: 98+ new galleries coming down the pipes in July / August 2009 (947062)
Posted by Seibertron on July 2nd, 2009 @ 2:38pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:Full time job, new kid, home repair, almost 100 galleries....

Do you sleep???

Not as much as I should :)

Doing all of these galleries is all about efficiency. I don't play video games or things of that nature. Basically I set aside about 10 to 15 hours per week to take photos. I rotate, crop, optimize and all of the other things I need to do to get the photos ready for the site during my commute to and from work (which is about 10 hours per week). I usually seem to fit in a couple of hours per week to transform a group of figures at one time while watching a movie with my fiancee. If I don't have figures to transform, you might catch me carefully removing a batch of figures from their packages. The biggest waste of time is spent transforming figures back and forth between their alt modes. If I can shorten that process to only needing to transform a figure once, it saves me a significant amount of time in the long run. Basically the key to doing as many galleries as I do is doing the figures in groups. As for older figures, it makes the most sense to do older figures when they somehow become relevant again in the future (i.e. G1 Skyquake and Action Master Banzai-Tron both became relevant this year when their new BotCon versions came about).
Re: 98+ new galleries coming down the pipes in July / August 2009 (947089)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on July 2nd, 2009 @ 3:03pm CDT
Re: 98+ new galleries coming down the pipes in July / August 2009 (947110)
Posted by Seibertron on July 2nd, 2009 @ 3:21pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:That is a lot of work even if you try to spread it out over a period of time. But I guess having done this for years got you proper practice, and after a while it becomes routine. Whatever it is, damn good job, and the site's all better for it. :) Sometimes I catch myself spending 45 mins to an hour just looking through the galleries. Stuff I've never seen, stuff I've forgotten, and some that just amazes me. It really is a very positive part of the site, and I am happy it's here.

Thanks for the compliments. I'm glad you are enjoying my hard work.

It's hard to believe that for the first four year's of Seibertron.com that there were no galleries. And now I can't picture a Seibertron.com without it. :)
Re: 98+ new galleries coming down the pipes in July / August 2009 (947131)
Posted by Skowl on July 2nd, 2009 @ 3:57pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:Thanks for pointing out the toe-thing with Megs. I'll take a look at it when I transform him back to robot mode here in the next week or so. I've had him in tank mode since the end of May when I started doing all of these ROTF galleries ... I'm kind of forgetting what he looks like in robot mode. Can't wait to compare him to the Voyager class version, which I haven't transformed yet.

FYI... compare the movie model to this photo of the toy, properly transformed, with the treads making his feet:

And here he is with his stupid toes:

Re: 98+ new galleries coming down the pipes in July / August 2009 (947132)
Posted by Superior Prime09 on July 2nd, 2009 @ 3:58pm CDT
I understand, family first. Congratz on the Baby!

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers Timelines #3 Botcon 2008 Shattered Glass VF/NM" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Collaborative: Back to the Future Mash-Up Gigawatt" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Starscream 9" Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Robots i Disguise animated toy lot Bumblebee Fixit" on EBAY
Buy "Toy Factory TRANSFORMERS Bumblebee And Optimus Prime Plush" on EBAY