A Closer Look at ROTF Mail-In Ravage

Transformers News: A Closer Look at ROTF Mail-In Ravage

Friday, January 1st, 2010 1:56AM CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 41,425

A few months ago we had a report that the N.E.S.T. Global Alliance Mail-In Figure would be an Exclusive repaint of Deluxe Ravage. Energon Pub Member s250 shares with us images of the robotic cat. This Ravage is painted red and black, with yellow and chrome highlights. You need 3 N.E.S.T. Stickers and the Mail-in certificate from the Battlefield Bumblebee vs. Infiltrator Soundwave 2-pack to obtain the Ravage. Check out the images below.

A Closer Look at ROTF Mail-In Ravage.
A Closer Look at ROTF Mail-In Ravage.
A Closer Look at ROTF Mail-In Ravage.

Stay tuned to Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!
Credit(s): s250, Yizhi of TF08.net
Re: A Closer Look at ROTF Mail-In Ravage (1032404)
Posted by Ruthless Cynic on January 1st, 2010 @ 2:02am CST
Gorgeous figure alright. May have to get him.
Re: A Closer Look at ROTF Mail-In Ravage (1032405)
Posted by Mkall on January 1st, 2010 @ 2:05am CST
These colours seem rather random. Even if I liked the ROTF line, I wouldn't go out of my way to get this one.

First time chrome has seen the US in... how long now?
Re: A Closer Look at ROTF Mail-In Ravage (1032410)
Posted by Jetstorm92210 on January 1st, 2010 @ 2:26am CST
Yellow eye, cromed missiles, the red may seem out of place, but, he is a good homage to G1 Ravage (Fun fact: In the mexican dub, he is called Destructor). I really hope this promotion applies to Canada and Mexico.
Re: A Closer Look at ROTF Mail-In Ravage (1032418)
Posted by Anonymous on January 1st, 2010 @ 4:26am CST
Is it just me, or does Ravage look like the Black Lion from Voltron?
Re: A Closer Look at ROTF Mail-In Ravage (1032454)
Posted by Tigertrack on January 1st, 2010 @ 7:41am CST

I guess the red, and yellow are atmospheric entry colors? Like the points that got superheated?
Re: A Closer Look at ROTF Mail-In Ravage (1032458)
Posted by JediJerseyJoe on January 1st, 2010 @ 8:12am CST
figures...

coolest looking, most detailed one will be the hardest to get.

wtg hasbro :roll:
Re: A Closer Look at ROTF Mail-In Ravage (1032461)
Posted by Duke of Luns on January 1st, 2010 @ 8:27am CST
tigertracks 24 wrote:The only compulsion I feel to get this figure is to participate in the long dead 'mail away' campaigns.

Yeah, that's how I feel too. However, I don't have Ravage yet, or Soundwave, and I want Bludgeon, maybe Mindwipe and Skystalker, so I figure another Bumblebee with a cool battle mask isn't so hard to swallow for it.

Also, is the Battlefield 2 pack exclusive to anywhere? Is it out yet?
Re: A Closer Look at ROTF Mail-In Ravage (1032464)
Posted by Covenant on January 1st, 2010 @ 9:38am CST
Regular ROTF Deluxe Ravage was the pile.

With Mail-in ROTF Deluxe Ravage, the bag's been lit.
Re: A Closer Look at ROTF Mail-In Ravage (1032477)
Posted by Quaternion on January 1st, 2010 @ 10:40am CST
Rodimus723 wrote:Is it just me, or does Ravage look like the Black Lion from Voltron?

It's not just you. When I saw these pics, I thought it looked like Black Lion too.

Maybe some crazy customizer will buy 5 ravages, paint them the appropriate colors, and make a Voltron.
Re: A Closer Look at ROTF Mail-In Ravage (1032479)
Posted by Skyfire77 on January 1st, 2010 @ 11:04am CST

Yep.

Quaternion wrote:

Re: A Closer Look at ROTF Mail-In Ravage (1032487)
Posted by Mkall on January 1st, 2010 @ 12:02pm CST
JediJerseyJoe wrote:figures...

coolest looking, most detailed one will be the hardest to get.

wtg hasbro :roll:

Of course. They gotta encourage the extra effort somehow.
Re: A Closer Look at ROTF Mail-In Ravage (1032489)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on January 1st, 2010 @ 12:15pm CST
Ugh.. Pass.
Re: A Closer Look at ROTF Mail-In Ravage (1032500)
Posted by El Duque on January 1st, 2010 @ 1:27pm CST

Ditto, I already have two stickers and I'm bound to end up with more. I have no interest in the two pack you have to buy to get the certificate, but I can always take it out and give to toys to kids I know.
Re: A Closer Look at ROTF Mail-In Ravage (1032520)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on January 1st, 2010 @ 2:31pm CST
Finally chromed out parts. Bout time they started using silver instead of gold. I miss the transmetal figures hasbro should bring the idea back. It kinda reminds me of one of the voltron lions. Wonder if thats what they were going for?
Re: A Closer Look at ROTF Mail-In Ravage (1032521)
Posted by PhunkJunkion on January 1st, 2010 @ 2:32pm CST
Though I'll be passing on this one, I would very much like to see more mail- away figures in the future. I love getting cool stuff in the mail, makes me feel like a kid again....
Re: A Closer Look at ROTF Mail-In Ravage (1032550)
Posted by Marcdachamp on January 1st, 2010 @ 3:52pm CST
Oh yeah, I'm totally snagging that. Gorgeous colors.
Re: A Closer Look at ROTF Mail-In Ravage (1032579)
Posted by Rated X on January 1st, 2010 @ 5:38pm CST
The red just ruined it....
Re: A Closer Look at ROTF Mail-In Ravage (1032592)
Posted by starfish on January 1st, 2010 @ 5:59pm CST
...and of course, those of us in the UK will have to get this guy from the secondary market. You suck, Hasbro!
Re: A Closer Look at ROTF Mail-In Ravage (1032613)
Posted by nemesis-prime on January 1st, 2010 @ 8:09pm CST
awsome homage to voltron ill prolly get one
Re: A Closer Look at ROTF Mail-In Ravage (1032619)
Posted by LiKwid on January 1st, 2010 @ 8:24pm CST
I wonder why only the front legs are chromed? That seems a little odd considering Ravage is a 4 legged animal..IMO the yellow is what throws it off but the idea of getting one in the mail is hard to pass up..

I have 8 of the stickers in question..I wonder if you'll be able to photocopy the order form..I wouldn't mind picking up a few extra to help out those who can't get and so they can avoid the ridiculous price of getting one on the market...LoL event hough it's seemingly easier I wonder how many will be available..Or could this be another Aveo Swerve happening :P

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #213 - How to Say Expensive and Mean It
"How to Say Expensive and Mean It"
Posted: Sunday, December 9th, 2018

Buy "Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise RID Autobot Sergeant Kup MOSC New Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of The Moon Cyberverse Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime RID Robots in Disguise Deluxe Knock Out Knockout Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Brawl Flip Shot Bot Shots Action Figure G1 Transformers 2012" on EBAY
Buy "Prowl Flip Shot Bot Shots Action Figure G1 Transformers Hasbro 2012" on EBAY
Buy "Bumblebee Flip Shot Bot Shots Action Figure G1 Transformers Hasbro 2012" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise RID Deluxe Class Airachnid Brand New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise RID Voyager Class Dreadwing Brand New" on EBAY