A Closer Look at TFC Toys Heavy Labor Hip Fix

A Closer Look at TFC Toys Heavy Labor Hip Fix

Monday, January 16th, 2012 12:14am CST

Categories: Site News, Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 54,925

Site sponsor Robotkingdom have updated their facebook page with a closer look at the hip ratchet fix for TFC Toys Heavy Labor that comes packed with their latest release Neck Breaker. The repair doesn't look too complicated but does require disassembling the figure. Take a look below.

Credit(s): Robotkingdom

Re: A Closer Look at TFC Toys Heavy Labor Hip Fix (1334334)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on January 16th, 2012 @ 12:22am CST
those are some nasty ass nails, CUT EM!
Re: A Closer Look at TFC Toys Heavy Labor Hip Fix (1334336)
Posted by UltraPrimal on January 16th, 2012 @ 12:28am CST
Re: A Closer Look at TFC Toys Heavy Labor Hip Fix (1334340)
Posted by El Duque on January 16th, 2012 @ 12:41am CST
UltraPrimal wrote:So what was wrong with Heavy Labor's hips and how does this fix them? Sorry, I haven't really been paying much attention to these Hercules other looking at new pics and going, "Ooo! Me likey!"

The hip joint ratchet that allows for forward and backward leg movement wasn't designed properly and strips the teeth off the ratchet cogs. This fix should correct this issue.
Re: A Closer Look at TFC Toys Heavy Labor Hip Fix (1334345)
Posted by Rated X on January 16th, 2012 @ 12:57am CST
Re: A Closer Look at TFC Toys Heavy Labor Hip Fix (1334350)
Posted by LiKwid on January 16th, 2012 @ 1:08am CST
Re: A Closer Look at TFC Toys Heavy Labor Hip Fix (1334353)
Posted by waaaaghlord on January 16th, 2012 @ 1:20am CST
Looks easy enough. Five minutes if that to swap those parts out.
Re: A Closer Look at TFC Toys Heavy Labor Hip Fix (1334355)
Posted by Random on January 16th, 2012 @ 1:26am CST
Mine seems fine also, but I am glad they have addressed the issue in case a problem does come up. I'm not to keen about taking apart a 100 dollar figure though.

Gonna watch for a really thorough walkthrough video before I do anything of that caliber.
Re: A Closer Look at TFC Toys Heavy Labor Hip Fix (1334356)
Posted by El Duque on January 16th, 2012 @ 1:27am CST
LiKwid wrote:I guess I lucked out because My Longhauls hip seems fine. If this fix allows you to pose it figure skater style, then it seems like a waste IMO ....

You aren't lucky I'm afraid, it's not a hit or miss QC issue all Heavy Labor's have faulty hips. Yours either haven't failed yet or they have and you just don't realize it. It also depends on how much you've moved the legs forward and backward.
Re: A Closer Look at TFC Toys Heavy Labor Hip Fix (1334370)
Posted by Ravage XK on January 16th, 2012 @ 3:32am CST
Im going to wait until my figures hips fail before I do this, I dont mess with my stuff to much so fingers crossed it will survive.

Thumbs up to TFC for sending out the fix. Though they would have a lot of angry customers if they hadnt.
Re: A Closer Look at TFC Toys Heavy Labor Hip Fix (1334372)
Posted by Trikeboy on January 16th, 2012 @ 3:41am CST
This is precisely why I have no problem giving my cash to TFC, after sales care. They could easily have done nothing to fix issues but instead are giving us replacement parts at no extra cost to us. Will Maketoys offer the same service should their toys break, which judging by how hollow they look wouldn't surprise me. Also, pictures like this:

are exactly the reason I love Hercules, it is so posable and articulated that it is not just a display piece. This thing can be played with. I wonder if Giant can stand on one foot perfectly balanced.
Re: A Closer Look at TFC Toys Heavy Labor Hip Fix (1334381)
Posted by Ravage XK on January 16th, 2012 @ 4:19am CST
Agreed. My Exgraver was missing the purple piece that connects the hand the arm. I emailed them and have asked for my address to post out the part. It hasn't arrived yet but Im sure it will.
Re: A Closer Look at TFC Toys Heavy Labor Hip Fix (1334385)
Posted by Warrant on January 16th, 2012 @ 4:36am CST
Trikeboy wrote:I wonder if Giant can stand on one foot perfectly balanced.

Well I don't know about if it can once all 6 parts are combined, but I have mine displayed right now combined with only the four parts we have now and he stands just fine with only one foot . . . So I'm betting that the full version won't have any problems with those crazy poses.
Re: A Closer Look at TFC Toys Heavy Labor Hip Fix (1334430)
Posted by metaphorge on January 16th, 2012 @ 7:35am CST
Warrant wrote:
Trikeboy wrote:I wonder if Giant can stand on one foot perfectly balanced.

How'd you get four parts of Giant? I haven't even seen preorders for any of them yet. :grin:

(I kid, I kid, I presume you meant the four released parts of Hercules....)
Re: A Closer Look at TFC Toys Heavy Labor Hip Fix (1334435)
Posted by Cybershark on January 16th, 2012 @ 8:05am CST
MINDVVIPE wrote:those are some nasty ass nails, CUT EM!

Ahahah, I was thinkin the same thing when I seen these pics,lmao
Re: A Closer Look at TFC Toys Heavy Labor Hip Fix (1334438)
Posted by rpetras on January 16th, 2012 @ 8:33am CST
I'll probably just hold onto mine till I have an issue.

I had him apart once to do the leg straightening, and he's easy to disassemble.
Re: A Closer Look at TFC Toys Heavy Labor Hip Fix (1334451)
Posted by Solrac333 on January 16th, 2012 @ 9:40am CST
MINDVVIPE wrote:those are some nasty ass nails, CUT EM!

How do you know the dude doesn't play classical guitar.
Re: A Closer Look at TFC Toys Heavy Labor Hip Fix (1334481)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on January 16th, 2012 @ 11:29am CST
omega666 wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:those are some nasty ass nails, CUT EM!

How do you know the dude doesn't play classical guitar.

I can finger pick without ghetto witch nails.
Re: A Closer Look at TFC Toys Heavy Labor Hip Fix (1334485)
Posted by Rated X on January 16th, 2012 @ 11:34am CST
MINDVVIPE wrote:
omega666 wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:those are some nasty ass nails, CUT EM!

How do you know the dude doesn't play classical guitar.

I can finger pick without ghetto witch nails.

I think he uses those nails for a different kind of picking... ;)
Re: A Closer Look at TFC Toys Heavy Labor Hip Fix (1334488)
Posted by Skullcrunchberries on January 16th, 2012 @ 11:47am CST
Rated X wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:
omega666 wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:those are some nasty ass nails, CUT EM!

How do you know the dude doesn't play classical guitar.

I can finger pick without ghetto witch nails.

I think he uses those nails for a different kind of picking... ;)

You mean insurance companies? Man, it's hard to pick insurance companies nowadays. I'm not surprised his nails grew to nasty ass proportions with how long it takes. >_>
Re: A Closer Look at TFC Toys Heavy Labor Hip Fix (1334521)
Posted by Kibble on January 16th, 2012 @ 1:51pm CST
Rated X wrote:Not complicated ??? I dunno about that statement. These pictures dont do justice. A youtube tutorial in english please...

Tutorial: Take the screws out in the couple spots shown in the RK photos, replace the hip, then put the screws back in. I'm far from what you'd call handy and I was easily able to figure out what was going on when I took mine apart. It's pretty obvious once it's in front of you. Honestly, your only potential for messing up is stripping the screws or losing something. To avoid that, take note. First, use a nice screwdriver or two. (There are two sizes of screws you're dealing with. I'd probably use a different size screwdriver for each.) If your screwdriver tip is getting chewed up or is too big, or too small, it has the potential to strip your screws. So...don't use an old, shitty screwdriver. If you don't already have one, I'd probably take advantage of these few days you're waiting for NB to arrive and pick up a small screwdriver set. It's also possible the one included with the iGear Kup head would work, but I don't have it in front of me to confirm. Second, do this work on a nice clean, open workspace...one that if you drop something you can easily see where it goes. Other than that, just take 'er apart and put 'er back together. Simple as that.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers BLAST OFF and MEGATRONUS Amazon Exclusive Combiner Wars Prime" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Titans Return Wheelie Generations Legends Rare Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Onslaught Combaticons Leader Combiner Wars In Box" on EBAY
Buy "?? Transformers Titans Return Legends COSMOS & SEASPRAY figure Lot Authentic" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return TRYPTICON Factory Sealed MISB HASBRO" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS STEALTH FORCE BUMBLEBEE Basic 2010." on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Takara Legends LG36 Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Battle Call Figure Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures" on EBAY