A Closer Look at TFC Toys Hercules Optional Visor

A Closer Look at TFC Toys Hercules Optional Visor

Monday, December 19th, 2011 11:39pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 35,092

Courtesy of the wiebo page of mansonlaw we have a closer look at the optional visor for TFC Toys Hercules. No word on which one of the remaining figures will feature this add-on, or if this is secret TFC Toys hinted at on their facebook page. Images mirrored below.

We also have some additional combined mode images from the TFC Toys facebook page that were posted over the weekend.

Credit(s): mansonlaw's weibo page, TFC Toys FB page

This article was last modified on Tuesday, December 20th, 2011 12:56am CST

Re: A Closer Look at TFC Toys Hercules Optional Visor (1325204)
Posted by dinogeist on December 20th, 2011 @ 12:37am CST
MINDVVIPE wrote:Eh, Giant's head still looks better... this one lackes depth.. looks so flat.

Fistful of Energon wrote:kinda cool, but.....not what I had in mind.

I actually think the regulag head minus the visor looks better.

this TFC Hercules head looks too much like starscreams robot head & not enough like 1985 devestators robot head.

I also think Giant's head looks more like 1985 devestator's robot head.
Re: A Closer Look at TFC Toys Hercules Optional Visor (1325227)
Posted by griftimus prime on December 20th, 2011 @ 3:12am CST
so awesome. but giant is way cooler. heads will explode when seibertron does a gallery with both combiners
Re: A Closer Look at TFC Toys Hercules Optional Visor (1325244)
Posted by Sodan-1 on December 20th, 2011 @ 6:46am CST
Tidalwavex wrote:I actually think the regulag head minus the visor looks better.

I also think Giant's head looks more like 1985 devestator's robot head.

HOLY COW!!! I think I actually agree with you.

If I were one of the ones who was after a visor then I wouldn't be satisfied with this. Looks more like Bob The Builder's safety goggles than Geordi La Forge's visor. It makes sense and they look good, but I can understand if the 'visor crowd' aren't happy with this. And if this is the 'secret' TFC teased us with then I won't be happy. Here's hoping for a complete builder's toolkit, jackhammer and all!
Re: A Closer Look at TFC Toys Hercules Optional Visor (1325251)
Posted by Genocide G2.0 on December 20th, 2011 @ 7:22am CST
the head looks better without the visor imo its probably just the photos but the visor looks way better from a distance up close looks terrible, i dont like the fact you can see his eyes through it and for some reason i think the shapes all wrong,

But its only a visor.
Re: A Closer Look at TFC Toys Hercules Optional Visor (1325277)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on December 20th, 2011 @ 8:59am CST
The visor is not and never has been a deal breaker for me with this set.

It's decent. Not as full-blown G1 toon as I'd like, but it's good enough for me. I'd love it if someone else did a more toon accurate head for this, though.

The head's flat, but that can be said of many a TF.
Re: A Closer Look at TFC Toys Hercules Optional Visor (1325279)
Posted by First-Aid on December 20th, 2011 @ 9:08am CST
I got my Dr. Crank figure on Friday and I can say that these pictures don't do the head or the figure justice. The head is not really flat at all and has a lot of nice detailing. I could care less for the visor, honestly. And I'd rather have a figure with more detail than less, and let's face it- if you went strictly G1 cartoon, there would be little detail as the cartoon tended to leave out all the little nuances in favor of easy-to-draw characters.
Re: A Closer Look at TFC Toys Hercules Optional Visor (1325299)
Posted by Rated X on December 20th, 2011 @ 10:26am CST
It will have to do until someone makes a new head for him. And hopefully theyll give him a better gun as well as real guns for the individual bots to reolace those dumb tube things.
Re: A Closer Look at TFC Toys Hercules Optional Visor (1325335)
Posted by kirbenvost on December 20th, 2011 @ 12:14pm CST
The part I don't like about the visor is those side clip things... somehow FP Superion's clipped on fine without something like that. Oh well, still looks pretty good. The full combined mode is amazing. Must be awesome to see for those who have been collecting these.
Re: A Closer Look at TFC Toys Hercules Optional Visor (1325343)
Posted by bfett88 on December 20th, 2011 @ 12:40pm CST
I think Hasbro should buy the molds and then mass produce this guy. They could make a ton of money.
Re: A Closer Look at TFC Toys Hercules Optional Visor (1325425)
Posted by Requiem Prime on December 20th, 2011 @ 4:17pm CST
Looking at the close up pictures, I worry that the black bits won't blend into his head. Besides that I just wonder if where you'd store it when he doesn't have his shades on.
Re: A Closer Look at TFC Toys Hercules Optional Visor (1325453)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on December 20th, 2011 @ 8:03pm CST
I also received Hook and the head looks great. No need for a visor IMHO.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers BLAST OFF and MEGATRONUS Amazon Exclusive Combiner Wars Prime" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Titans Return Wheelie Generations Legends Rare Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Onslaught Combaticons Leader Combiner Wars In Box" on EBAY
Buy "?? Transformers Titans Return Legends COSMOS & SEASPRAY figure Lot Authentic" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return TRYPTICON Factory Sealed MISB HASBRO" on EBAY