Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation"

Transformers News: Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation"

Wednesday, May 8th, 2013 2:11PM CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 16,238

Here's something you don't see everyday, a napkin outlining the origin of a Transformers series. More specifically, this is Aaron Archer's "Napkin of Revelation" for Transformers: Cybertron. This rare gem comes to us from Disciples of Boltax, who have shared the images mirrored below. As you can see the drawings include many initial concepts that didn't make their way into the series, but a few that did, such as the four planets.

Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation"

Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation"
Credit(s): Disciples of Boltax

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation" (1485554)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 8th, 2013 @ 3:49pm CDT
This looks vaguely familiar, but I can't think of why.

I didn't go to BotCon '05, and I haven't finished reading the Vault book.

Was it also in any of the TCC newsletter/magazine issues? :-?
Re: Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation" (1485559)
Posted by Va'al on May 8th, 2013 @ 3:55pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:This looks vaguely familiar, but I can't think of why.

I didn't go to BotCon '05, and I haven't finished reading the Vault book.

Was it also in any of the TCC newsletter/magazine issues? :-?

Monzo had this to say about it:

[quote]The Napkin of Revelation

Aaron Archer’s original outline for the series that would become Transformers: Cybertron, drawn on a napkin (origin uncertain), shown to fans at Hasbro’s booth during the final hours of BotCon 2005. With Aaron’s recent departure from Hasbro, I have decided to reveal these personal photos to the general public for the first time, though one side of the napkin previously showed up in the Transformers Vault guidebook.

You did a lot of good during your time on the brand, Aaron, and you will be missed. I am sorry that our first run-in, at BotCon 2002, consisted of me inadvertently keeping you from the restroom before the start of a panel to ask what the deal with Movor’s name was. Um, my bad.[/quote]
Re: Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation" (1485563)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 8th, 2013 @ 4:01pm CDT
I read that, hence my mentionings of BotCon '05 and the Vault.
Re: Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation" (1485569)
Posted by Va'al on May 8th, 2013 @ 4:12pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:I read that, hence my mentionings of BotCon '05 and the Vault.

Then I don't know. [-(
Re: Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation" (1485574)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 8th, 2013 @ 4:39pm CDT
No worries. I'll just ask Monzo myself. :-B
Re: Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation" (1485619)
Posted by First-Aid on May 8th, 2013 @ 7:59pm CDT
Wasn't this an episode of "Futurama"?

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Optimus Prime New Sealed Beast Hunters 001 Voyager Series 3 2013 - Time Remaining: 3 days 15 hours 34 minutes 36 seconds
Transformers Combiner Wars Motormaster Action Figure - Time Remaining: 5 days 17 hours 36 minutes 35 seconds
Transformers AOE Age of Extinction Snarl New Sealed Deluxe M4 #010 Figure 2014 - Time Remaining: 4 days 7 hours 39 minutes 11 seconds
Transformers Flip & Change AUTOBOT HOT ROD Last Knight Figure WALMART EXCLUSIVE - Time Remaining: 2 days 7 hours 41 minutes 54 seconds
Transformers Reveal the Shield Deluxe-Class Rodimus Hot Rod Complete Reprolabels - Time Remaining: 1 day 23 hours 44 minutes 32 seconds
2006 Transformers Optimus Prime Talking Helmet Voice Changer Mask by Hasbro - Time Remaining: 6 days 19 hours 45 minutes 44 seconds
Hot Rod TARGETMASTER Action Figure Robot Instruction Manual 1987 G1 Transformers - Time Remaining: 2 days 7 hours 45 minutes 48 seconds
Hot Rod TARGETMASTER Vintage Hasbro 1987 G1 Transformers Action Figure NO TOP - Time Remaining: 2 days 7 hours 45 minutes 49 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #186 - NYCC 2017