Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation"

Transformers News: Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation"

Wednesday, May 8th, 2013 2:11PM CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 16,146

Here's something you don't see everyday, a napkin outlining the origin of a Transformers series. More specifically, this is Aaron Archer's "Napkin of Revelation" for Transformers: Cybertron. This rare gem comes to us from Disciples of Boltax, who have shared the images mirrored below. As you can see the drawings include many initial concepts that didn't make their way into the series, but a few that did, such as the four planets.

Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation"

Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation"
Credit(s): Disciples of Boltax
Re: Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation" (1485554)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 8th, 2013 @ 3:49pm CDT
This looks vaguely familiar, but I can't think of why.

I didn't go to BotCon '05, and I haven't finished reading the Vault book.

Was it also in any of the TCC newsletter/magazine issues? :-?
Re: Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation" (1485559)
Posted by Va'al on May 8th, 2013 @ 3:55pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:This looks vaguely familiar, but I can't think of why.

I didn't go to BotCon '05, and I haven't finished reading the Vault book.

Was it also in any of the TCC newsletter/magazine issues? :-?

Monzo had this to say about it:

[quote]The Napkin of Revelation

Aaron Archer’s original outline for the series that would become Transformers: Cybertron, drawn on a napkin (origin uncertain), shown to fans at Hasbro’s booth during the final hours of BotCon 2005. With Aaron’s recent departure from Hasbro, I have decided to reveal these personal photos to the general public for the first time, though one side of the napkin previously showed up in the Transformers Vault guidebook.

You did a lot of good during your time on the brand, Aaron, and you will be missed. I am sorry that our first run-in, at BotCon 2002, consisted of me inadvertently keeping you from the restroom before the start of a panel to ask what the deal with Movor’s name was. Um, my bad.[/quote]
Re: Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation" (1485563)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 8th, 2013 @ 4:01pm CDT
I read that, hence my mentionings of BotCon '05 and the Vault.
Re: Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation" (1485569)
Posted by Va'al on May 8th, 2013 @ 4:12pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:I read that, hence my mentionings of BotCon '05 and the Vault.

Then I don't know. [-(
Re: Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation" (1485574)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 8th, 2013 @ 4:39pm CDT
No worries. I'll just ask Monzo myself. :-B
Re: Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation" (1485619)
Posted by First-Aid on May 8th, 2013 @ 7:59pm CDT
Wasn't this an episode of "Futurama"?

Ending Soon On eBay

Hasbro Transformers Beast Wars 10th anniversary Optimus Primal 100% - Time Remaining: 7 days 21 hours 10 minutes 11 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Generations Classic Blurr, Near complete - Time Remaining: 1 day 8 hours 10 minutes 5 seconds
Hasbro Transformers DOTM Ultimate Optimus Prime, Complete with instructions - Time Remaining: 1 day 19 hours 10 minutes 12 seconds
ULTRA MAGNUS Convoy 019 REVOLTECH Kaiyodo TRANSFORMERS Optimus Prime 2006 - Time Remaining: 8 days 1 hour 22 minutes 39 seconds
Transformers Optimus Prime Costume by Size L/G (10-12) With Mask & Battle Sword! - Time Remaining: 2 days 22 hours 24 minutes 33 seconds
Transformers Hunt for the Decepticons Ironhide Complete Deluxe W/ Weapon HTF - Time Remaining: 1 day 11 hours 28 minutes 55 seconds
Iron Factory Power Up Battle Kit FOR Transformers Fall of Cybertron FOC GRIMLOCK - Time Remaining: 3 days 2 hours 29 minutes 30 seconds
Blurr NEW Transformers Generations Deluxe Class 2010 Hasbro Figure MOSC Figure - Time Remaining: 1 day 8 hours 32 minutes 38 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #174 - Autobot Jedi Newtypes