Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation"

Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation"

Wednesday, May 8th, 2013 2:11pm CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 17,086

Here's something you don't see everyday, a napkin outlining the origin of a Transformers series. More specifically, this is Aaron Archer's "Napkin of Revelation" for Transformers: Cybertron. This rare gem comes to us from Disciples of Boltax, who have shared the images mirrored below. As you can see the drawings include many initial concepts that didn't make their way into the series, but a few that did, such as the four planets.

Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation"

Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation"

Credit(s): Disciples of Boltax

Re: Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation" (1485554)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 8th, 2013 @ 3:49pm CDT
This looks vaguely familiar, but I can't think of why.

I didn't go to BotCon '05, and I haven't finished reading the Vault book.

Was it also in any of the TCC newsletter/magazine issues? :-?
Re: Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation" (1485559)
Posted by Va'al on May 8th, 2013 @ 3:55pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:This looks vaguely familiar, but I can't think of why.

I didn't go to BotCon '05, and I haven't finished reading the Vault book.

Was it also in any of the TCC newsletter/magazine issues? :-?

Monzo had this to say about it:

The Napkin of Revelation

Aaron Archer’s original outline for the series that would become Transformers: Cybertron, drawn on a napkin (origin uncertain), shown to fans at Hasbro’s booth during the final hours of BotCon 2005. With Aaron’s recent departure from Hasbro, I have decided to reveal these personal photos to the general public for the first time, though one side of the napkin previously showed up in the Transformers Vault guidebook.

You did a lot of good during your time on the brand, Aaron, and you will be missed. I am sorry that our first run-in, at BotCon 2002, consisted of me inadvertently keeping you from the restroom before the start of a panel to ask what the deal with Movor’s name was. Um, my bad.
Re: Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation" (1485563)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 8th, 2013 @ 4:01pm CDT
I read that, hence my mentionings of BotCon '05 and the Vault.
Re: Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation" (1485569)
Posted by Va'al on May 8th, 2013 @ 4:12pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:I read that, hence my mentionings of BotCon '05 and the Vault.

Then I don't know. [-(
Re: Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation" (1485574)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 8th, 2013 @ 4:39pm CDT
No worries. I'll just ask Monzo myself. :-B
Re: Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation" (1485619)
Posted by First-Aid on May 8th, 2013 @ 7:59pm CDT
Wasn't this an episode of "Futurama"?

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Bumblebee Rescue Guard 10-Inch" on EBAY
Buy "WFC-S37 BRUNT Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Hasbro 2019 MIB Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Rescan - Bumblebee (Rescue Jet) - Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots - Capture Claw Chase - Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Thunderhowl Transformers Cyberverse Adventures Deluxe Class Hasbro 2020 BAF #8" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS SIEGE DECEPTICON REFLECTOR WAR FOR CYBERTRON " on EBAY
Buy "AM-17 Swerve | Japanese Transformers Prime Arms Micron Takara Tomy Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Action Attackers 1-Step Changer SKY-BYTE Figure Hasbro" on EBAY