Additional FT-02 Acoustic Wave Prototype Images

Additional FT-02 Acoustic Wave Prototype Images

Friday, March 9th, 2012 8:40am CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 46,576

Courtesy of new to the market third-party company Fans Toys we have some additional prototype images of their Soundwave homage, FT-02 Acoustic Wave. You'll notice there two separate prototypes shown, the smaller one is the original, the larger one features modifications that were suggested by fans. The figure will also include Laserbeak. According to Fans Toys we can expect pre-orders in April or May. As you can see the figure will be approximately Masterpiece scale.

Credit(s): Daimchoc, Fans Toys

This article was last modified on Friday, March 9th, 2012 8:17pm CST

Re: Additional FT-02 Acoustic Wave Prototype Images (1356436)
Posted by PaxCybertron82 on March 9th, 2012 @ 8:45am CST
Re: Additional FT-02 Acoustic Wave Prototype Images (1356438)
Posted by Trikeboy on March 9th, 2012 @ 8:53am CST
Hurry up Takara, I'm going to buy a Masterpiece Soundwave even if it isn't yours. Everything shown makes this a must buy in my opinion.
Re: Additional FT-02 Acoustic Wave Prototype Images (1356440)
Posted by gothsaurus on March 9th, 2012 @ 8:54am CST
Re: Additional FT-02 Acoustic Wave Prototype Images (1356443)
Posted by El Duque on March 9th, 2012 @ 9:04am CST
gothsaurus wrote:Okay... I'm in, but what's the SECOND smaller soundwave to the right? Is that a competing 3rd party? >:oP

I believe they have two working prototypes, I've asked about it, but have not received a response yet.
Re: Additional FT-02 Acoustic Wave Prototype Images (1356444)
Posted by Requiem Prime on March 9th, 2012 @ 9:04am CST
Oh look, it's World's Smallest Soundwave. He's official, didn't stray far from the original engineering, and CAME WITH AN INSANELY TINY RAVAGE...

See, SEE! Smaller Bot, Smaller Cassettes! It's Not THAT HARD :BOOM:

I'm still not comfortable with his sheer height among my classics, but I guess I can put up with it.
Re: Additional FT-02 Acoustic Wave Prototype Images (1356446)
Posted by Rated X on March 9th, 2012 @ 9:07am CST
I would like to see IGear copy it and make it the perfect voyager size. ;)
Re: Additional FT-02 Acoustic Wave Prototype Images (1356448)
Posted by Trikeboy on March 9th, 2012 @ 9:08am CST
El Duque wrote:

The other is the original prototype, they have improved on it with the current version which will be he production model.
Re: Additional FT-02 Acoustic Wave Prototype Images (1356450)
Posted by soundwave42 on March 9th, 2012 @ 9:12am CST
As long as the asking price isn't outrageous, I'm ready to preorder now. That is assuming they don't mess up the paint app.
Re: Additional FT-02 Acoustic Wave Prototype Images (1356452)
Posted by Tigertrack on March 9th, 2012 @ 9:13am CST
Rumored TT one could kill this before it's even released.

While it's nice in prototype phase the details are awesome, but I think that when colored we'll lose a lot of them.

And is anybody else not feelin' the masterpiece size line anymore? I once collected them, but the amount of transforming I do with them is practically nil, and they take up a lot of shelf space, and do a poor job for the most part of staying in cool poses on the shelf.

I really think very hard about MP puchases (3rd party or legit), and really at this time, it's not for completion, but only particular characters.
Re: Additional FT-02 Acoustic Wave Prototype Images (1356454)
Posted by gothsaurus on March 9th, 2012 @ 9:18am CST
Yeah, with the sheer number of seeker and Prime repaints, the Masterpiece line has become pretty stale. It definitely needed Soundwave on the shelf to mix things up. I just wish Takara would have jumped on it first. We shouldn't have to rely on 3rd party companies to finish our toy lines, right? :-?

Re: Additional FT-02 Acoustic Wave Prototype Images (1356458)
Posted by Ravage XK on March 9th, 2012 @ 9:28am CST
I really hope that this has a gritty, slightly weathered look in bot mode rather than a flat one colour blue look.
Re: Additional FT-02 Acoustic Wave Prototype Images (1356465)
Posted by Trittbrettfahrer on March 9th, 2012 @ 9:51am CST
gothsaurus wrote:But yeah, I'd love this guy in full size... and then in Voyage size for my Classics shelf as well. Maybe these guys have that in the works. :-D

speaking of size - it would be great if it came with a tiny version of its own altmode. So you can put it into a MP Seeker's cockpit or MP Prime's hands or so.

I guess the correct size to fit into MP Spike's pocket would be too microscopic, though. But a nice thought nevertheless... :-?
Re: Additional FT-02 Acoustic Wave Prototype Images (1356469)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on March 9th, 2012 @ 10:07am CST
ViperEye82 wrote:Looks good, I'm still 100% in, I just would hope we'd get a price estimate soon.

Yes please and that QC factors are slim to none! :PRAY: :VEHI:
Re: Additional FT-02 Acoustic Wave Prototype Images (1356471)
Posted by PaxCybertron82 on March 9th, 2012 @ 10:10am CST
Nemesis Destron wrote:

Yes please and that QC factors are slim to none! :PRAY: :VEHI:

Yeah. But given that they are working with prototypes of this quality, I should think we'll get a TFC Herc like quality figure. Hopefully.
Re: Additional FT-02 Acoustic Wave Prototype Images (1356477)
Posted by Kibble on March 9th, 2012 @ 10:33am CST
The alt mode was better on the first proto...and seeing the profile pose of the new one, looks like he could use a cheeseburger or ten. Too skinny! Yet, this guy's still tempting, but I hope Taks offers up info on theirs if they indeed have plans for one. I think I'd be swayed to go that way instead if it were coming any time soon.
Re: Additional FT-02 Acoustic Wave Prototype Images (1356504)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on March 9th, 2012 @ 12:30pm CST
i really want one but i know i cant afford one
Re: Additional FT-02 Acoustic Wave Prototype Images (1356506)
Posted by Requiem Prime on March 9th, 2012 @ 12:33pm CST

Incidently, I'd appreciate a clean looking bot over detailing on the alt mode. And I know I'm not alone, because people were whimpering about Maketoy's Giant figures having a logo.
Re: Additional FT-02 Acoustic Wave Prototype Images (1356539)
Posted by soundwave42 on March 9th, 2012 @ 2:26pm CST
Requiem Prime wrote:The only thing I genuinely don't like is the "PLAY" sculted in the button. It seems like an odd addition throw into the sculpting that doesn't add much. Sonicron was covered in the stuff, but it was all tampos and everywhere.

I agree that the "play" on the button isn't necessary, but I disagree about the detailing. I love all of the little details on the sculpt. In my opinion it makes the MP mold that much more impressive. As long as the paint app is good, this is going to be one amazing Transformer.
Re: Additional FT-02 Acoustic Wave Prototype Images (1356542)
Posted by Requiem Prime on March 9th, 2012 @ 2:36pm CST
soundwave42 wrote:

Not that sort of detail. I mean the alt-mode specific stuff that in a soundwave's case would just cover him like a bunch of weird tattoos. Mechanical detail in scult and paint is always welcome, since so many evolved from a very boxy look.
Re: Additional FT-02 Acoustic Wave Prototype Images (1356561)
Posted by Optimus1116 on March 9th, 2012 @ 3:40pm CST
On the last 2 pictures, does anyone know which Laserbeaks and Ravages are in the MP's chest? Perhaps they are the MP cassettes they are releasing. :D

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "New Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Leader Class Shockwave MISB" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO TRANSFORMERS SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON RATCHET WALGREEN'S DELUXE MISB VHTF" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Astrotrain Shockwave Barricade" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Earthrise Autobot Lot Bumblebee Mirage" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers / SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON sound wave SG24" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Netflix Walmart Quintesson Deseeus Army Drone NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Pretenders Bludgeon incomplete lot Please Read Description" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers: Optimus Prime - Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures (E7112)" on EBAY