Monday, December 26th, 2011 11:48am CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 46,750

iGear has posted more images and listed pre-orders for their three upcoming PP series Seekers: PP03J-G2, PP03R Rainforest, and PP03C Translucent Current. All three are listed as limited releases, and we already know that Comic Ink will have an exclusive version of the G2 Ramjet that will feature custom G2 style weapons. Images mirrored below.

Credit(s): iGear

This article was last modified on Monday, December 26th, 2011 4:34pm CST

Re: Additional Images of iGear's PP03J-G2, PP03R Rainforest, and PP03C Translucent Current (1327275)
Posted by WolfDawg on December 26th, 2011 @ 11:59am CST
I'm really digging G2 Ramjet. The others are pretty ho hum. I still don't get why they didn't give Acidstorm a deco similar to his Universe counterpart.
Re: Additional Images of iGear's PP03J-G2, PP03R Rainforest, and PP03C Translucent Current (1327291)
Posted by Rated X on December 26th, 2011 @ 12:30pm CST

Acid Storm: puke green

Sunstorm: annoying red IDW fuselage

Icestorm: red dots all over his midsection

G2 Ramjet: all black helmet with no purple below the nose cone

G1 Coneheads: nose cones in jet mode are not black to match their black "nosecone helmets" in robot mode
Re: Additional Images of iGear's PP03J-G2, PP03R Rainforest, and PP03C Translucent Current (1327294)
Posted by BeastProwl on December 26th, 2011 @ 12:36pm CST
Rated X wrote:Ramjet's helmet being all black ruins the figure. Still cant see why they chose puke green for Acid Storm. Dont see the purpose in a translucent purple seeker. Skywarp's warping has always been portrayed as "clear" not purple. How about a purple clone instead ? Ive been wanting to buy at least one version of the new mold for for one of the more obscure characters, but they keep letting me down.

Acid Storm: puke green

Sunstorm: annoying red IDW fuselage

Icestorm: red dots all over his midsection

G2 Ramjet: all black helmet with no purple below the nose cone

I Understand alot of what your saying here. I Personally like the more realistic military green used for Acid Storm as apposed to bright popping neon green. I Don't like Icestorm or sunstorms decos either. I Don't get the point of the translucent purple seeker, aside maby as cutom fodder? That G2 paint scheme to me just seems :SICK:
In fact, Acidstorm's gotta be the only one I really like here...
Re: Additional Images of iGear's PP03J-G2, PP03R Rainforest, and PP03C Translucent Current (1327302)
Posted by wolverinetodd on December 26th, 2011 @ 12:49pm CST
I believe "Current" is supposed to be representing "Slipstream" of the Seekers. She was the purple seeker jet in "Transformers: Animated" whose name we learned after the series ended and was the only fembot of the group. However, from the looks of the robot mode of this possible "Slipstream," and the fact there doesn't appear to be any differences from the others, this purple translucent Seeker will be male.
Re: Additional Images of iGear's PP03J-G2, PP03R Rainforest, and PP03C Translucent Current (1327303)
Posted by G1 Legacy on December 26th, 2011 @ 1:03pm CST
BeastProwl wrote: I Don't get the point of the translucent purple seeker, aside maby as cutom fodder?

My first thought regarding the purple transluscent seeker was as a "Unicron scanning" version just prior to being assimilated into either Cyclonus or one of the Sweeps....just my thought.

Oh and regarding the "Rainforest", I can understand why that color can turn some people off but I like the green, it looks like a realworld 80's era middle eastern or British repaint of American-Tech from that period. I wouldn't want my masterpiece to neccesarily share an identical paint scheme with it's deluxe class counterpoint etc. As discussed in a recent podcast episode the "masterpiece" quality seems to be gradually getting spread thin more and more. I have other figures higher on my want list at the moment but I wouldn't be opposed to getting a few of these in a couple of years...maybe at a Botcon dealer table lol.
Re: Additional Images of iGear's PP03J-G2, PP03R Rainforest, and PP03C Translucent Current (1327330)
Posted by Skyfire77 on December 26th, 2011 @ 3:04pm CST
G1 Legacy wrote:

IMO, if it wasn't for the "Rainforest" code name, I'd think they were representing the green "Ultimate Doom" Seeker.

Re: Additional Images of iGear's PP03J-G2, PP03R Rainforest, and PP03C Translucent Current (1327337)
Posted by Rated X on December 26th, 2011 @ 3:26pm CST
Skyfire77 wrote:
G1 Legacy wrote:

I can understand why people might like the green I-Gear chose, as it does look like a cold war Mig. For me personally though, it looks like puke. Plus at least the head and a few details should be done in black.

This is why I wanted the neon green cartoon accurate deco:

Blacklights...no bachlor pad is complete without them ! ;)
Re: Additional Images of iGear's PP03J-G2, PP03R Rainforest, and PP03C Translucent Current (1327339)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on December 26th, 2011 @ 3:44pm CST
You know, there's a REAL good chance the colors will change on these on the final product, right? No sense feeling down about some of the details before we see the final product.

If I were collecting MP Seekers I'd be stoked. Although Takara's Starscream has always been a contender for Acid Storm, hasn't he? Oh, well, I guess it doesn't matter either way.
Re: Additional Images of iGear's PP03J-G2, PP03R Rainforest, and PP03C Translucent Current (1327345)
Posted by Scaleface on December 26th, 2011 @ 4:16pm CST
I think "Current" is "Air Warrior".
Re: Additional Images of iGear's PP03J-G2, PP03R Rainforest, and PP03C Translucent Current (1327517)
Posted by Rated X on December 27th, 2011 @ 10:08am CST
Re: Additional Images of iGear's PP03J-G2, PP03R Rainforest, and PP03C Translucent Current (1327561)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on December 27th, 2011 @ 11:23am CST
Rated X wrote:Why is it BBTS sells everything else from I-Gear except the seekers ??? Being able to add it in my POL might tempt me to get one.

They don't seem to sell anything that approaches the KO category. I've only ever found KOs in their lots category.

But you may as well get it direct from iGear. It'd be cheaper.
Re: Additional Images of iGear's PP03J-G2, PP03R Rainforest, and PP03C Translucent Current (1327569)
Posted by Scaleface on December 27th, 2011 @ 11:37am CST
That's probably right. BBTS isn't just another online store, they do exclusives with Hasbro, do they probably don't even want to come close to pissing them off. They recently moved all third party items to a completely seperate part of their store calling it "Transforming toys".
Re: Additional Images of iGear's PP03J-G2, PP03R Rainforest, and PP03C Translucent Current (1328102)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on December 28th, 2011 @ 8:41pm CST
Gauntlet101010 wrote:But you may as well get it direct from iGear. It'd be cheaper.

When I bought the coneheads from TFSource, it was $80 cheaper for the trio than buying them from iGear.
Re: Additional Images of iGear's PP03J-G2, PP03R Rainforest, and PP03C Translucent Current (1328195)
Posted by Dead Metal on December 29th, 2011 @ 3:20am CST

A couple years back Hasbro smacked them over the head for selling KOs.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #251 - Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill
"Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill"
Posted: Sunday, May 24th, 2020

Buy "New Transformers Gernerations Cyber Battalion Series JETFIRE Walgreens Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO TRANSFORMERS CYBERTRONIAN VILLAINS SHARKTICONS/STEALTH FORCE HOTROD" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblee includes Coin US Seller" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Topspin Lowes Nascar w/ Armored Topspin's Guns" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Trypticon Action Figure Decepticon City Hasbro/Takara 1986 Works" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Alchemist Prime NIB Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Shatter Studio Series #40 Transformers Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Alchemist Prime Power of the Primes 2017 2" Figure w/ Head MISP" on EBAY