Tuesday, June 6th, 2017 11:19pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Bronzewolf   Views: 18,970

Seibertronian Albatross250 has linked us to a post on the Planet Iacon Facebook page featuring more in hand photos from a TFW2005 user of Titans Return Trypticon! These new photos show the new dino titan in his ship, city, and, uh, Dino titan modes, as well as his box, and a comparison shot with Generation Metroplex!

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Titans Return Product Reveals, News, Updates, Rumors, Leaks and more!

Credit(s): Planet Iacon

This article was last modified on Tuesday, June 6th, 2017 11:25pm CDT

Re: Additional In Hand Images of Transformers Titans Return Trypticon, Comparison with Metroplex (1887538)
Posted by bodrock on June 6th, 2017 @ 11:20pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
bodrock wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Do you macross fans have leader jetfire? That is one sexy bot.

I do, Will! I used to have G1 Jetfire too, but he had to break in half at the hinges..... :(

Do you still have his accessories? Because thats whats pricey. A jetfire body can be aquired for about $50 on e-bay (last time I checked) which isnt too terrible.

I might, actually! I'll take a look next time I'm at the parents' house. ;)
Re: Additional In Hand Images of Transformers Titans Return Trypticon, Comparison with Metroplex (1887539)
Posted by Agamemnon on June 6th, 2017 @ 11:33pm CDT

Classics Voyager was more Macross like, IMO.... (And a better toy too!)

Wow, does Trypt look nice! I was planning on having him as a dino standing over Metroplex in carrier mode, ready to stomp. But, I might need to do a whole base/fortress or starship display instead... Nice work there on this titan! :APPLAUSE:
Re: Additional In Hand Images of Transformers Titans Return Trypticon, Comparison with Metroplex (1887547)
Posted by megamanfan on June 7th, 2017 @ 12:28am CDT
well slap me on the kneecap and call me daddy, that base mode actually looks good! maybe it's from all the titans return nonsense, but i was expecting something terrible.
Re: Additional In Hand Images of Transformers Titans Return Trypticon, Comparison with Metroplex (1887548)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on June 7th, 2017 @ 12:29am CDT
Albatross250 wrote:About Windblade.... She's somewhat bears a striking resemblance on her fighter mode, mostly the VF-9 from Macross, without her dual fans on her wings. :x :michaelbay:

Apart from being a red jet with backward wings they don't look similar to me at all.
Re: Additional In Hand Images of Transformers Titans Return Trypticon, Comparison with Metroplex (1887550)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on June 7th, 2017 @ 12:31am CDT
Agamemnon wrote:

Classics Voyager was more Macross like, IMO.... (And a better toy too!)

Yeah I felt the classics voyager toy was better, the Leader just does nothing for me at all. But niether come anywhere near the G1 Macross Jetfire toy. That's still a beautiful thing that just can't be beat no matter how many times they've tried. Trying to blend elements of it within that awful boxy Skyfire cartoon design just ruins it. Yeah I get why they need to do that but it still just sucks.
Re: Additional In Hand Images of Transformers Titans Return Trypticon, Comparison with Metroplex (1887551)
Posted by Ultra Mad on June 7th, 2017 @ 12:39am CDT
This Windblade look awsome! I have the Takara legend Windblade and I really do like her overall appearance but I don't like her jet mode very much. The Titan Return jet mode look very good to me. And even though she is a repaint/remold, I think it fit the character very well. I can't wait to pick her up at retail. Do we have a release date yet? Same goes for Trypticon. I don't usually buy Decepticons but he look so good, I can't pass on him. He will be great standing beside Metroplex on my shelf. :D
Re: Additional In Hand Images of Transformers Titans Return Trypticon, Comparison with Metroplex (1887552)
Posted by bodrock on June 7th, 2017 @ 12:48am CDT
We are almost exact opposites there, my friend! I tend to go with Cons most of the time! :CON:

But as far as Tryp goes, I'm still undecided - I still have the G1 incarnation and he holds a lot of nostalgia, being the last TF I bought until eBay came along and brought me Snaptrap.
Re: Additional In Hand Images of Transformers Titans Return Trypticon, Comparison with Metroplex (1887554)
Posted by Chriphord on June 7th, 2017 @ 1:26am CDT
Re: Additional In Hand Images of Transformers Titans Return Trypticon, Comparison with Metroplex (1887563)
Posted by Qwan on June 7th, 2017 @ 2:25am CDT
unicron1200 wrote:So I'm a little confused by this picture. This Trypticon is looking exactly like the T.Tomy version, and if that's the case, heck, Imma go Hasbro on this one. But it makes me wonder, will it be paint apps to Necros and Full-Tilt specifically that are going to be the difference between the two or are they just separate market versions of the same exact product?

IIRC, the only difference to Trypticon himself are some small gray circle paint-apps on his back cannons that aren't present on the TT version. I haven't been paying too much attention to the differences between each version of Necros and Full-Tilt, but I imagine there'd be the trademark little-bit-more-paint on TT Necros and I thiiink Full-Tilt's gun is a different color? But yeah, basically no difference between the two - unless you can get them at practically equal prices and/or you reeeally care about getting the totally-100%-cartoon-accurate deco, you're probably best off just saving some money and going Hasbro on the big guy.
Re: Additional In Hand Images of Transformers Titans Return Trypticon, Comparison with Metroplex (1887564)
Posted by Blackstreak on June 7th, 2017 @ 2:58am CDT
They could have made him bigger. >:oP
Re: Additional In Hand Images of Transformers Titans Return Trypticon, Comparison with Metroplex (1887566)
Posted by Albatross250 on June 7th, 2017 @ 3:25am CDT
IN HAND IMAGES TITANS RETURN: SIEGE OF CYBERTRON BOXSET Via TFND member group and Planet Iacon!
Link: https://www.facebook.com/Planetiacon.stfu/
Re: Additional In Hand Images of Transformers Titans Return Trypticon, Comparison with Metroplex (1887567)
Posted by Albatross250 on June 7th, 2017 @ 3:29am CDT
Tidal Wave's Carrier mode is based from this, on Beast Wars : Uprising
Re: Additional In Hand Images of Transformers Titans Return Trypticon, Comparison with Metroplex (1887572)
Posted by Qwan on June 7th, 2017 @ 4:15am CDT
Albatross250 wrote:Tidal Wave's Carrier mode is based from this, on Beast Wars : Uprising

Honestly with the length of time these toys tend to be in production (or pre-production) for, I wouldn't be altogether surprised if his appearance in Uprising was actually based on this figure's plans. Though who can tell for certain which came first; it's practically a paradox trying to deduce where the initial plan for this redeco came from...
Re: Additional In Hand Images of Transformers Titans Return Trypticon, Comparison with Metroplex (1887574)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 7th, 2017 @ 4:37am CDT
A set with Ginrai, but no God Bomber.

Siiiiiigh............

I wonder if :TAKARATOMY: or :HASBRO: will ever make a special two-pack containing Ginrai and God Bomber? This would be a great excuse to make a Platinum set or something.
Re: Additional In Hand Images of Transformers Titans Return Trypticon, Comparison with Metroplex (1887575)
Posted by Qwan on June 7th, 2017 @ 4:46am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:A set with Ginrai, but no God Bomber.

Siiiiiigh............

I don't keep up with Takara news too well, but I seem to remember some rumor floating around that there'd be some kind of Ginrai/God Bomber 2-pack (coming with Minerva and Hosehead heads to boot, I think) - of course that's a rumor at most, last I heard.

And it's pretty common speculation at this point that we'll see a Hasbro release of Godbomber in one the remaining two box-sets. There's been no official confirmation of any kind (even of more sets coming, let alone what's in them), but it only seems to make sense given that it'd probably be a good money-making move for Hasbro after they've already released Ginrai in one.
Re: Additional In Hand Images of Transformers Titans Return Trypticon, Comparison with Metroplex (1887576)
Posted by steals_your_goats on June 7th, 2017 @ 4:51am CDT
Qwan wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:A set with Ginrai, but no God Bomber.

Siiiiiigh............

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/official-images-for-takara-tomy-transformers-legends-lgex-god-ginrai-set-plus-cab-minerva/38316/ definitely not a rumour.
Re: Additional In Hand Images of Transformers Titans Return Trypticon, Comparison with Metroplex (1887577)
Posted by Qwan on June 7th, 2017 @ 4:57am CDT
steals_your_goats wrote:
Qwan wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:A set with Ginrai, but no God Bomber.

Siiiiiigh............

Ah ok, cool! There you go. I guess that's a good example for why I need to keep better track of Takara news ;)^
Re: Additional In Hand Images of Transformers Titans Return Trypticon, Comparison with Metroplex (1887586)
Posted by ExciKaiser on June 7th, 2017 @ 5:53am CDT
Albatross250 wrote:Image

Do you think that GPS will apply ?
Re: Additional In Hand Images of Transformers Titans Return Trypticon, Comparison with Metroplex (1887588)
Posted by Qwan on June 7th, 2017 @ 6:03am CDT
ExciKaiser wrote:
Albatross250 wrote:Image

Do you think that GPS will apply ?

Seems unlikely to me. I think HasTak have pretty much worked out the whole GPS situation - the last documented case of GPS, according to my check of TFWiki, was Movie '07 Starscream - so we shouldn't be seeing that kind of issue again (fingers crossed). Remember that companies like Lego have been producing gold plastic, of almost exactly the hue used on Metalhawk here no less, for many years that can withstand huge amounts of stress without issue.
Re: Additional In Hand Images of Transformers Titans Return Trypticon, Comparison with Metroplex (1887590)
Posted by Kurona on June 7th, 2017 @ 6:16am CDT
Also remember that there was a very recent case of huge gold plastic use in yet another Generations Boxset - G2 Slingshot. And unlike his infamous original counterpart from the 90s, he doesn't have any significant breakage issues!

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Targetmaster Windblade LG62 Takara Tomy Legends Collection" on EBAY
Buy "rare SEALED hasbro TRANSFORMERS rotf movie JETFIRE legends class SR-71 BLACKBIRD" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends Series Lg10 Arcee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends Series Lg15 Night Bird Shadow" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars AIR RAID Generations BRAND NEW UNOPENED with COMIC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers MechFansToys MF-0 Megatron Hot Soldiers Optimus Prime Lot G1 Legend" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime RiD Ratchet Deluxe Class MOC 2011 New in Box" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Studio Series Hot Rod 86 Voyager Class Action Figure - F0712" on EBAY