Wednesday, June 7th, 2017 2:20pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Bronzewolf   Views: 20,293

The same weibo user that leaked the original photo of the set has now released further stock photos and packaging shots of the Transformers Tribute Optimus Prime Orion Pax two pack! The photos reveal Orion's Titan Master, as well as pieces of Optimus's bio!

Transformers News: Re: Transformers: Tribute Toyline Discussion Thread

Transformers News: Re: Transformers: Tribute Toyline Discussion Thread

Transformers News: Re: Transformers: Tribute Toyline Discussion Thread

Credit(s): Weibo

Re: Additional Stock and Packaging images of Transformers: Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Set (1887704)
Posted by Deadput on June 7th, 2017 @ 2:27pm CDT
Re: Additional Stock and Packaging images of Transformers: Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Set (1887708)
Posted by Optimum Supreme on June 7th, 2017 @ 2:36pm CDT
Well, that explains the weird transparent but painted? dyed? tinted? colored wheels on Kup, it was part of premolding for this guy.
Re: Additional Stock and Packaging images of Transformers: Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Set (1887719)
Posted by william-james88 on June 7th, 2017 @ 3:23pm CDT
Deadput wrote:It's a headmaster I must buy it no matter the cost both literally and figuratively.

It will be 50$ plus 30$ shipping from Robot Kingdom, the only place I am sure will have it. That makes it $108 CDN before custom fees if applicable. These are estimates, but based on my experience with this.

You'd still be up for it? because that will pretty much be what it will end up costing you one way or another.
Re: Additional Stock and Packaging images of Transformers: Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Set (1887733)
Posted by Kurona on June 7th, 2017 @ 4:04pm CDT

... would be perfect. If only I could get Orion for a Deluxe price :-( Gonna hold out for Crosshairs!
Re: Additional Stock and Packaging images of Transformers: Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Set (1887742)
Posted by RAR on June 7th, 2017 @ 4:20pm CDT
WFC Prime is one of the nicest Optimus Deluxes ever made so - I'm pleased they chose him over FOC or the Classic Deluxe.

But you know what I'd not mind at all if they made a Nemesis Evolution with FOC Nemesis Prime that evolved into the much decryed Classic Deluxe in Black colours.

But I want every Optimus mould to be made in black. Orion looks nice enough - I look forward to getting a better look at his face.

A set i'd get - even though I have Takara & Hasbro WFC Prime - I like the blue on this one way more than the pink on the original.

Black legs might have been a nice change though perhaps.
Re: Additional Stock and Packaging images of Transformers: Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Set (1887752)
Posted by Deadput on June 7th, 2017 @ 4:38pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Dude I just bough the last Chaos on Velocitron in my area for $112.00 just the other day even though I barely had enough to get it, and I payed almost $200 For Lio Convoy and Godbomber on Ages Three and up just about a month ago, $50 for Brainstrom a couple months ago from BBTS, I'm saving money for the second boxset from BBTS which I have preordered, I have legends Hot Rod, Kup, Sharkticon and Kickback on preorder, I plan to get that possible exclusive Bludgeon.

If I have the money I will buy it since I'm only buying Headmaster stuff and once Titans returns is over I'll probably be done besides a figure or two if I like the characters enough from a future show or movie.

I've already missed out on Wave 1 Terribull, Wave 3 Megatron and the Lg-ex Scourge, and I'm sure I will miss the chance to get Convobat before it's sold out that's not including the fact Topspin is the only one I have of wave 4 and beyond.

And we don't know if it's an exclusive in Asia right now for all we know it might come here too.

I have nothing else to spend money on since I don't have any other hobbies that require me to buy stuff and I'm taking advantage of not having bills to pay and constant disability money, I want to be proud to say I have the entirety of Titans return and I will one day go back and track down the stuff I missed.

Also I never got the WFC Optimus figure and I do have WFC Megatron.
Re: Additional Stock and Packaging images of Transformers: Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Set (1887761)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on June 7th, 2017 @ 5:09pm CDT
Is the head of Pax a new mold or a repaint of TR PM Prime's head?
Re: Additional Stock and Packaging images of Transformers: Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Set (1887765)
Posted by Deadput on June 7th, 2017 @ 5:24pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Is the head of Pax a new mold or a repaint of TR PM Prime's head?

It's a new head if it was the leader head it would be oversized also their differently shaped.
Re: Additional Stock and Packaging images of Transformers: Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Set (1887773)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on June 7th, 2017 @ 5:55pm CDT
Deadput wrote:

The Powermaster Optimus Prime head has too wide of a face, plus he lacks the chin guard that Orion Pax has. Also, only TakaraTomy dares switching out heads.
Re: Additional Stock and Packaging images of Transformers: Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Set (1887775)
Posted by Hydrargyrus on June 7th, 2017 @ 6:06pm CDT
Kurona wrote:I've heard so many good things about the Kup mold but I never fancied getting him with that head and those colours - so this would be perfect for me.

Yeah, I'd say that this not being a traditionally released deluxe resets the chance of getting Crosshairs later on (Hopefully with Pointblank and the Horrocons!). I guess this is off-topic a bit, but so is the product...

EDIT: Oh, it has its own thread.
Re: Additional Stock and Packaging images of Transformers: Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Set (1887829)
Posted by Terrsolpix on June 7th, 2017 @ 9:01pm CDT
That WFC Optimus came out a few months before I started collecting transformers. This is my chance to get a mold I've been waiting for and a new head repaint of one of my favorite TR molds. Speaking of that, I tried convincing one of my friends to become addicted purchase it and see what he thinks. Turns out the TRU he was at only had wave 2 revision cases and voyager Shelflock.
Re: Additional Stock and Packaging images of Transformers: Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Set (1887837)
Posted by Zeedust on June 7th, 2017 @ 9:19pm CDT
Re: Additional Stock and Packaging images of Transformers: Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Set (1887838)
Posted by Terrsolpix on June 7th, 2017 @ 9:22pm CDT
Zeedust wrote:So what are the chances of us getting the TR Wheelie mold as Dion at some point? :lol:

Dion tribute. The other figure will probably be prime bee in dion's colors with a dion mask made of paper glued on.
Re: Additional Stock and Packaging images of Transformers: Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Set (1887841)
Posted by Qwan on June 7th, 2017 @ 9:36pm CDT

Given that it looks like this Tribute set is technically within the movie line... probably not so good any more actually.
Re: Additional Stock and Packaging images of Transformers: Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Set (1887842)
Posted by Kurona on June 7th, 2017 @ 9:40pm CDT
Re: Additional Stock and Packaging images of Transformers: Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Set (1887856)
Posted by Burn on June 7th, 2017 @ 11:14pm CDT
I have absolutely no interest in WFC Prime whatsoever.

I do feel though that it's time I got an Orion Pax for the collection. Was never a fan of the G1 Kup repaint, but I do like the look of this one.
Re: Additional Stock and Packaging images of Transformers: Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Set (1887860)
Posted by Deadput on June 7th, 2017 @ 11:33pm CDT
Kurona wrote:Is it in the movie line because like Movie Optimus, these guys don't actually carry the Matrix in their chest?

He did in DOTM :P

(Also WFC Prime did carry the Matrix in the second half of the Autobot Campaign just saying.)
Re: Additional Stock and Packaging images of Transformers: Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Set (1887947)
Posted by Kurona on June 8th, 2017 @ 12:47pm CDT
Courtesy of a Weibo post once again, we have new images of the packaging for the upcoming Transformers: Tribute 2-Pack of WFC Optimus Prime and Orion Pax from Titans Return Kup! It proudly displays the figures alongside a little bio description for the two. As the image is a bit small, we've typed out the bio below for an easier time reading. Take a look and tell us what you think in the forums!

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing." The words of OPTIMUS PRIME tell of his own epic journey as the universe's greatest protector. A humble data scientist, ORION PAX accepted the MATRIX OF LEADERSHIP to become the powerful AUTOBOT commander OPTIMUS PRIME.

Re: Additional Stock and Packaging images of Transformers: Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Set (1887948)
Posted by Kurona on June 8th, 2017 @ 12:49pm CDT
Re: Additional Stock and Packaging images of Transformers: Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Set (1887950)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 8th, 2017 @ 12:51pm CDT
Kurona wrote:"Humble data scientist"? So I guess they're going with the Dreamwave War Within backstory rather than TFP's librarian, G1's factory worker or IDW's super-cop? :-?
That was Optronix, though. Orion Pax as a data clerk/archivist/librarian was Aligned.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Club Exclusive Rare - RUNAMUCK" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Steelbane Bumblebee Tiny Turbo Changers Target Exc" on EBAY
Buy "RARE Transformers The Last Knight Cyberfire COGMAN 1-Step Turbo Changer" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Cogman STUDIO SERIES # 39 DELUXE CLASS Brand New Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Leader Dragonstorm Combiner New" on EBAY
Buy "????Transformers ???? Botcon TFCC TFSS Barricade Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege & Earthrise Barricade - Nonnef Upgrade Kit" on EBAY