Additional Transformers Masterpiece Hound Images Now With Breathing Mask

Transformers News: Additional Transformers Masterpiece Hound Images Now With Breathing Mask

Friday, June 7th, 2019 12:39PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News, Site Articles, Sightings, Press Releases, Collectables
Posted by: 00Stargrave00   Views: 25,402

That pretty much says it in the title. Thanks staff news member William-James88 and to Takara Tomy's website we have a great image of Transformers Masterpiece MP-47 Hound with his underwater face mask, even posed as he was in the classic G1 episode when he originally used it. Please keep in mind this is the Takara Tomy listing and the Hasbro release is available through our link at Entertainment Earth.

It's just amazing the thought put into some of these Masterpiece editions, the amount of fan service can be far reaching and no doubt intends to bring a smile to some of the most long time hardened fans. It's also one of those little touches that helps cushion the blow of the sizeable price tag. Share your view with the Seibertron crew and let everyone know if this is the final straw that breaks the camel's back in your decision on this piece.
Credit(s): Takara Tomy
Re: Additional Transformers Masterpiece Hound Images Now With Breathing Mask (2023760)
Posted by G1COLLECTOR on June 7th, 2019 @ 1:03pm CDT
This is cool until I seen the Price at $169.00 ... :BOOM: These MP's just keep getting higher and not at all worth it. I have paid a lot for MP figures and it is just getting stupid high for what your getting anymore. I know many are going to say if you don't want to pay that, oh well stop collecting them. However, it's just funny to me when I see the asking prices of these newer figures. I'll wait for a sale or will pass, no big deal on this one to me. ;)^
Re: Additional Transformers Masterpiece Hound Images Now With Breathing Mask (2023762)
Posted by Ironhide516 on June 7th, 2019 @ 1:12pm CDT
I find it amusing Hound required an underwater breathing mask despite the fact he's a robot & doesn't breathe air. Aah the silliness of 80's cartoons :HEADHURTS:
Re: Additional Transformers Masterpiece Hound Images Now With Breathing Mask (2023763)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on June 7th, 2019 @ 1:12pm CDT
Hound looks to be on the level of Ironhide, an intuitive transformation that leaves you wondering just how you did it.

As was previously stated Amazon Japan locked out a bunch of international pre-orders a few nights ago.99% of the time that means it would be several months before AJ would open up orders for toys again. Thankfully that wasn't the case this time.
Re: Additional Transformers Masterpiece Hound Images Now With Breathing Mask (2023770)
Posted by SpaceKaseJase on June 7th, 2019 @ 2:25pm CDT
Re: Additional Transformers Masterpiece Hound Images Now With Breathing Mask (2023771)
Posted by william-james88 on June 7th, 2019 @ 2:27pm CDT
SpaceKaseJase wrote:$118 via Anime-export, if you're patient. Never had issues with them. Just sayin'.

I had issues with my MP dinobot and they... sent me a new one a few months later, it all worked out well and I recomend them fully.

Their shipping has gone up though.
Re: Additional Transformers Masterpiece Hound Images Now With Breathing Mask (2023776)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 7th, 2019 @ 2:58pm CDT
pfft, called it back with mp 44, prices are going way up and never coming back down; way to kill off a good chunk of your customer-base, idiots >:oP

that being said, he actually looks cool, and a toy accurate deco would probably look nice :-?
Re: Additional Transformers Masterpiece Hound Images Now With Breathing Mask (2023827)
Posted by xMXUx on June 8th, 2019 @ 3:39am CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Their shipping has gone up though.

I'm still waiting for them to resolve my account issues so that I can have a $250+ order shipped, but so far the just say they can't help and then ignore my emails... So I'd only recommend them if you're sure you won't be needing to contact them in case something doesn't work out
Re: Additional Transformers Masterpiece Hound Images Now With Breathing Mask (2023830)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 8th, 2019 @ 7:54am CDT
xMXUx wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Their shipping has gone up though.

In that case, you should Paypal claim the shit out of them. I do hope you are within the delays.
Re: Additional Transformers Masterpiece Hound Images Now With Breathing Mask (2023841)
Posted by Syclone on June 8th, 2019 @ 9:24am CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:
Syclone wrote:The price is insane for a figure smaller than Ironhide....who SHOULDN'T be smaller than Ironhide.

Hound is consistently smaller than Ironhide, in the cartoon, in the Sunbow size charts, and now even in the SIEGE line, where Hasbro is paying especially close attention to relative character scale. Hound is the same height as the likes of Prowl and Sideswipe, more or less.

I stand corrected.

Either way, I'm still pretty eh on the guy for $160. I JUST got Wheeljack for roughly half that price and this guy is in the same league. There's no way he either comes with enough accessories, or dev/parts costs have gone up THAT much.

I know Takara is Japan but are any of these toys made in china (not near a box to be able to look) Do tariffs have any effect on this?
Re: Additional Transformers Masterpiece Hound Images Now With Breathing Mask (2023852)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 8th, 2019 @ 10:09am CDT

However, I found the MPs to be just NOT fun to play with. I never even bothered to transform MP-36 Megatron. I want my transformers to be quick and fun to transform and MPs have been really annoying to play with recently. Especially the MPMs. So will I buy Hound? It will really depend on video reviews.
Re: Additional Transformers Masterpiece Hound Images Now With Breathing Mask (2023853)
Posted by joevill on June 8th, 2019 @ 10:15am CDT
This looks pretty dope! Definitely a must have!
Re: Additional Transformers Masterpiece Hound Images Now With Breathing Mask (2023904)
Posted by SpaceKaseJase on June 8th, 2019 @ 8:04pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:Well, with my recent doll purchases, I have absolutely no rights to complain about the price.

Lol, my MP-36 is still in the box. Kinda scared to open him!
Re: Additional Transformers Masterpiece Hound Images Now With Breathing Mask (2023906)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on June 8th, 2019 @ 9:26pm CDT
SpaceKaseJase wrote:

Lol, my MP-36 is still in the box. Kinda scared to open him!

Do you want my opinion? Open him, pose him really nice, transform him a few times, then put him an a nice display. That way, you can properly experience the figure ;)

I like my figures to be complex, time consuming, but fluid and intuitive. I believe MP-36 to be the embodiment of that opinion.

If MP Hound will be the same, then that's great :D
Re: Additional Transformers Masterpiece Hound Images Now With Breathing Mask (2023908)
Posted by SpaceKaseJase on June 8th, 2019 @ 9:45pm CDT
Nathaniel Prime wrote:
SpaceKaseJase wrote:

Lol, my MP-36 is still in the box. Kinda scared to open him!

If MP Hound will be the same, then that's great :D

Wow! You just crystalized my thoughts!
Re: Additional Transformers Masterpiece Hound Images Now With Breathing Mask (2023910)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on June 8th, 2019 @ 10:31pm CDT
SpaceKaseJase wrote:
Nathaniel Prime wrote:
SpaceKaseJase wrote:

Lol, my MP-36 is still in the box. Kinda scared to open him!

If MP Hound will be the same, then that's great :D

Wow! You just crystalized my thoughts!

Glad to help! ;)

I have an extremely unpopular opinion in that I hate keeping a figure boxed honestly. Keeping it boxed is no different to me than looking at a photo of it.

That's why I immediately open the box to get to the figure. Let me feel the creation and praise those who have brought it to me, and enjoy it for times to come.

I will keep the box (especially those with lovely artwork, like Siege), but that's about it.

I hope others see where I am coming from, because I would love for them to properly enjoy that new MP Hound ;)
Re: Additional Transformers Masterpiece Hound Images Now With Breathing Mask (2023911)
Posted by SpaceKaseJase on June 8th, 2019 @ 10:45pm CDT
Nathaniel Prime wrote:
SpaceKaseJase wrote:
Nathaniel Prime wrote:
SpaceKaseJase wrote:

Lol, my MP-36 is still in the box. Kinda scared to open him!

If MP Hound will be the same, then that's great :D

Wow! You just crystalized my thoughts!

Glad to help! ;)

I have close to 200 Ttansformers, and only a handful of them are unopened--mainly because they are duplicates or redecos. I open, transform, and display all my MPs, but unlike you, I take my time. Just weird like that, I guess. Save the best for last, or something like that. I still have MP-36, MP-39, and MPM-7 still unopened. Hound is definitely going to be my next purchase. Probably open it in 2021. :lol:
Re: Additional Transformers Masterpiece Hound Images Now With Breathing Mask (2023918)
Posted by xMXUx on June 9th, 2019 @ 4:51am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
xMXUx wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Their shipping has gone up though.

In that case, you should Paypal claim the **** out of them. I do hope you are within the delays.

Re: Additional Transformers Masterpiece Hound Images Now With Breathing Mask (2023924)
Posted by Emerje on June 9th, 2019 @ 7:51am CDT
Just noticed an interesting line in the Pulse description that we haven't seen a picture of yet:

a convertible top for vehicle mode that can also attach to robot mode as a shield or backpack

I wonder what that looks like. :-?

Emerje
Re: Additional Transformers Masterpiece Hound Images Now With Breathing Mask (2023928)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 9th, 2019 @ 9:45am CDT
xMXUx wrote:Unfortunately it's way too late for that, since you have to put in your preorder months ahaead of the release. So by the time a figure releases, all the paypal and credit card protection programms are no longer inside the time frame to launch a claim :BANG_HEAD:

I used them only ONCE, to preorder the Nendoroid Kizuna Ai. It went well, but the fact that it took EIGHT FREAKING MONTHS made me nervous as hell. Because if there was a fokkup, I was fokt. Your story further proves my fear.

So, no. I'm never preordering anything that require a payment up front. Ever.
Re: Additional Transformers Masterpiece Hound Images Now With Breathing Mask (2023930)
Posted by Brokebot on June 9th, 2019 @ 10:46am CDT
Dangit. Here I was all grateful that I was going to save money this year because Takara-bro wasn't putting anything on the shelves I wanted, and then they pull this one. :ic$:

*sigh* Good-bye, $160.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #225 - The Overexposure of Bumblebee
"The Overexposure of Bumblebee"
Posted: Sunday, June 16th, 2019

Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON BATTLE MASTERS SMASHDOWN FIGUER" on EBAY
Buy "SOUNDWAVE - Siege War For Cybertron - Transformers Voyager Class 2019 - NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Studios Series 5 Inch Figure Deluxe Class - Dropkick #22" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Autobot - Springer - NIB In Hand Ships Fast" on EBAY
Buy "transformers siege war for cybertron Chromia" on EBAY
Buy "transformers siege war for cybertron Prowl" on EBAY
Buy "transformers siege war for cybertron starscream" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Siege Voyager Optimus Prime E3541" on EBAY