Age of Extinction: Evolutions Grimlock Two-Pack Sighted in Retail

Age of Extinction: Evolutions Grimlock Two-Pack Sighted in Retail

Tuesday, June 3rd, 2014 8:21pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: Mindmaster   Views: 26,231

Thanks to our acquaintance Trevyn Adams on Facebook, we have a new sighting to announce: the Toys "R" Us exclusive Age of Extinction: Evolutions Grimlock set! According to Mr. Adams, the pair were spotted at the Toys "R" Us in Roseville, California, retailing at $40 a pop. Take a quick look at the visual evidence below, and if you find this set to your liking, begin stalking your local Toys "R" Us for a chance to own this set!

Transformers News: Age of Extinction: Evolutions Grimlock Two-Pack Sighted in Retail

As a refresher of what this set entails, the "classic" Grimlock uses the Energon mold with a deco that homages the original Generation One Grimlock more closely, and the Age of Extinction Voyager Grimlock with slight deco differences from the regular retail release of the figure. Also to note, the "classic" Grimlock uses a red version of the sword that came with the Generation One Predacon leader, Razorclaw.

Credit(s): Mr. Trevyn Adams via Facebook

This article was last modified on Tuesday, June 3rd, 2014 8:35pm CDT

Re: Age of Extinction: Evolutions Grimlock Two-Pack Sighted in Retail (1579236)
Posted by Sgt Major Mirage on June 3rd, 2014 @ 8:27pm CDT
The TRU in Topeka, KS had at least 6 of these sets!
Re: Age of Extinction: Evolutions Grimlock Two-Pack Sighted in Retail (1579244)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on June 3rd, 2014 @ 8:52pm CDT
The Westland MI TRU still had 3 last I checked today.

Sorry I don't have my digital camera, or I could've verified this Sunday.
Re: Age of Extinction: Evolutions Grimlock Two-Pack Sighted in Retail (1579245)
Posted by Zeedust on June 3rd, 2014 @ 8:56pm CDT
I'm still hoping they retooled the hands on the "classic" Grimlock so he can actually hold things. That was the one thing that managed to tick me off about Energon Grimlock.
Re: Age of Extinction: Evolutions Grimlock Two-Pack Sighted in Retail (1579248)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on June 3rd, 2014 @ 9:08pm CDT
Oh no, oh god no, is this supposed to be a good thing?
Re: Age of Extinction: Evolutions Grimlock Two-Pack Sighted in Retail (1579250)
Posted by crazyfist on June 3rd, 2014 @ 9:12pm CDT
Re: Age of Extinction: Evolutions Grimlock Two-Pack Sighted in Retail (1579253)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on June 3rd, 2014 @ 9:37pm CDT
crazyfist wrote:I found it at TRU in Winston-Salem, NC. They had about 6 of them and they also had the Slug Evolution 2-pack and the Strafe Evolution 2-Pack as well.

Funny, my TRU had evo Strafe, but not Slug. Granted, Strafe sold out in less than a day, but that's cuz his regular Generations toy isn't out yet, so evo Slug shouldn't have sold out even faster.
Re: Age of Extinction: Evolutions Grimlock Two-Pack Sighted in Retail (1579261)
Posted by Zeedust on June 3rd, 2014 @ 10:58pm CDT

I think this might be the first sighting of the Slug 2-pack, actually.
Re: Age of Extinction: Evolutions Grimlock Two-Pack Sighted in Retail (1579263)
Posted by amtm on June 3rd, 2014 @ 11:02pm CDT
I'll take the Optimus two-pack. I passed on the Classics Voyager mold a few years ago because I thought the cab looked weird. But the robot mode looks better and it will go really well with my Xovergen Trailerforce. Don't really care for the new deco on the Evasion mode mold. Really stupid to put flames on a G1 style mold, and there's way too much blue and grey in bot mode. Don't understand their deco decisions.
Re: Age of Extinction: Evolutions Grimlock Two-Pack Sighted in Retail (1579279)
Posted by TeamAutobots51817 on June 4th, 2014 @ 12:49am CDT
I finally found Voyager Class Autobo Hound yesterday at my local Toys R Us
Re: Age of Extinction: Evolutions Grimlock Two-Pack Sighted in Retail (1579283)
Posted by King Kuuga on June 4th, 2014 @ 1:28am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Thanks to our acquaintance Trevyn Adams on Facebook, we have a new sighting to announce: the Toys "R" Us exclusive Age of Extinction: Evolutions Grimlock set!

I sent an email about this to the news team a few days ago, may I ask what happened?

I bought this set, incidentally. Mainly since I figured Grimlock's not going to look like either version of the toy in the movie, so I may as well get the deco I think looks better. The Energon figure is NOT worth the extra $15, though, I'm a bit annoyed by that. If the set had been $30 total I'd feel a lot better, but as it is I'm getting some buyer's remorse. Movie Grimlock is great, though. I can take some shots if anybody wants them.
Re: Age of Extinction: Evolutions Grimlock Two-Pack Sighted in Retail (1579287)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on June 4th, 2014 @ 1:47am CDT
not really a deal if you ask me, AoE voyagers are $25 and that energon grimlock is closer to a deluxe and those are $15. If it was $30 or even $35 i might get one to keep in the box but at $40 ill pass.
Re: Age of Extinction: Evolutions Grimlock Two-Pack Sighted in Retail (1579288)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on June 4th, 2014 @ 1:47am CDT
double post, internet is acting wonky tonight
Re: Age of Extinction: Evolutions Grimlock Two-Pack Sighted in Retail (1579302)
Posted by Va'al on June 4th, 2014 @ 5:21am CDT
Thanks to Seibertron.com member TeamAutobots51817 we have proof that the second wave of Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyagers is indeed hitting US retail. They were able to find and purchase Sgt. Bulk Hound from the Toys'R'Us store in Long Island City, straight off the shelf! Check out the image below for proof, and refresh your memory about this figure and its wave companion Galvatron in our galleries. Make sure to use our Sightings page to help out fellow fans, and dive into the Sightings forums for more about your area, too!

Re: Age of Extinction: Evolutions Grimlock Two-Pack Sighted in Retail (1579303)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on June 4th, 2014 @ 5:22am CDT

double dipping on Grimlock with the evolution 2 pack
Re: Age of Extinction: Evolutions Grimlock Two-Pack Sighted in Retail (1579305)
Posted by Va'al on June 4th, 2014 @ 5:36am CDT
We only just reported a retail sighting of the Transformers: Age of Extinction two-pack Evolutions Grimlock set, and fellow Seibertron.com user grimdragon2001 has already uploaded a video review to share with us! Take a look at the embedded clip below, and see how the two figures, the Energon Grimlock and new movie Voyager counterpart compare in their new tweaked decos.

Re: Age of Extinction: Evolutions Grimlock Two-Pack Sighted in Retail (1579310)
Posted by TimothyR on June 4th, 2014 @ 6:24am CDT
yeah these things and the evolution packs have been showing up for a while now.

i'm sooo excited for hound. i already feel like he'll be one of may favorites.

also.. i'm super curious to see if a third party will give him some accessories to bulk him up.. he needs it, and it would look awesome.

also.. galvatron is going to look fantastic once he's gets some silver thrown on him.

i can't wait to see comparisons on how much better takara's version of hound is than hasbro's.
Re: Age of Extinction: Evolutions Grimlock Two-Pack Sighted in Retail (1579314)
Posted by Autobot032 on June 4th, 2014 @ 6:44am CDT
The new sightings news truck just keeps on rolling! First, the master of the mind posted a sighting news piece on the Evolution Of Grimlock 2-Pack, then shortly thereafter Va'al posted the sighting news of Voyager Hound being located at a TRU in New York! And now a sighting from... ME!

Yesterday, after a somewhat failed trip to Target and Toys "R" Us in Erie PA, I called the Mentor OH Target in the hopes of finding wave 2 figures after hearing rumors of their retail release. I was incredibly fortunate because sure enough, they had them!

I bought the last Slash and one of the two Drift figures, and they were priced at $14.99 each. Also in my sightings (unfortunately I do not have visual proof as my phone was busy charging in the car at the time) I stumbled across wave 2 of the Power Attackers line, which includes Drift and Scorn! Both of those are currently available at the Mentor TRU.

And, like Va'al said in his news posting:

Va'al wrote:Make sure to use our Sightings page to help out fellow fans, and dive into the Sightings forums for more about your area, too!

And now, for the pictures of my find! I included the image of Drift from the instruction sheet to show you that all of his blades can, in fact, store on his back in robot mode. The holes in the ceiling that hold the tonfa blades in vehicle mode, can be used in robot mode, as well. I felt it should be noted because the instructions don't show you that it can be done in robot mode, just the vehicle mode.

Re: Age of Extinction: Evolutions Grimlock Two-Pack Sighted in Retail (1579338)
Posted by dragons on June 4th, 2014 @ 8:53am CDT
Got them in today oddly didn't have only at toysrus sticker on it buffalo ny hourglass location
Re: Age of Extinction: Evolutions Grimlock Two-Pack Sighted in Retail (1579341)
Posted by megatronus on June 4th, 2014 @ 9:08am CDT
Wha? Voyager Bulkhead in the NY Metropolitan area? Looks like I'm going fishing!
Re: Age of Extinction: Evolutions Grimlock Two-Pack Sighted in Retail (1579342)
Posted by ILL-Star on June 4th, 2014 @ 9:15am CDT
I'm a bit shocked that I haven't seen them by me yet. I'll be looking for them at Wal-Mart though. The Massaponax, VA Wal-Mart already has Deluxes for $10 but there were none left. So it should only be a matter of time till the others do the same.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #276 - Whoops! All Bumblebees
"Whoops! All Bumblebees"
Posted: Sunday, May 16th, 2021

Buy "LG50 Sixshot | Japanese Transformers Legends Import Takara Tomy Generations" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS 1985 G1 Hasbro  Milton Bradley Card # 47 Purple Vs Blue Sky Variant" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Breakaway Throttle" on EBAY