Age of Extinction Kreo Microchangers Wave 2 at Dollar Tree

Transformers News: Age of Extinction Kreo Microchangers Wave 2 at Dollar Tree

Sunday, May 31st, 2015 9:42PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 20,567

It seems a few late Age of Extinction products are now surfacing at discount chains, like the recently reported Power Battler Vehicon. Well today, Seibertron himself found wave 2 of the Age of Extinction Kreo Microchangers at Dollar Tree. These are individual Kreons, 12 in a set, sold in blind bags. They were 1$ each, which Seibertron says is an " absolute steal".

Transformers News: Age of Extinction Kreo Microchangers Wave 2 at Dollar Tree
Re: Age of Extinction Kreo Microchangers Wave 2 at Dollar Tree (1692931)
Posted by MartianSpyGirl1996 on May 31st, 2015 @ 10:22pm CDT
Blackarachnia :3 I have somewhere to be tomorrow...
Re: Age of Extinction Kreo Microchangers Wave 2 at Dollar Tree (1692936)
Posted by Noideaforaname on May 31st, 2015 @ 10:38pm CDT
Kick ass! Always nice when an item that had no hope for a wide release suddenly shows up, and at a nice discount!

... although the closest Dollar Tree to me is just out of convenience range. I can get there, but I really don't want to go out of my way if the store doesn't even have them. Besides, I already have the ones I really wanted anyways.
Re: Age of Extinction Kreo Microchangers Wave 2 at Dollar Tree (1692937)
Posted by UnderYourCloset on May 31st, 2015 @ 10:45pm CDT
An absolute STEAL! :ic$:
I never have been very interested in visiting Dollar Tree, but this is making me wanna check my local D.T. out for Transformer deals! ;)^
Re: Age of Extinction Kreo Microchangers Wave 2 at Dollar Tree (1692939)
Posted by BERSEKAEL on May 31st, 2015 @ 10:46pm CDT
Kreo is crap, I wish they put that effort in legion class instead. :-(
Re: Age of Extinction Kreo Microchangers Wave 2 at Dollar Tree (1692946)
Posted by Break on May 31st, 2015 @ 10:54pm CDT
I can get to two easily; I'll definitely be checking out both.
Re: Age of Extinction Kreo Microchangers Wave 2 at Dollar Tree (1692960)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on May 31st, 2015 @ 11:13pm CDT

DT normally isn't worth looking into at all because they're the honest dollar store, where everything actually is $1.00. The only interesting TF KOs they ever had were of Cybertron Legends, including Brimstone who I'm not sure got the official treatment. Their only other item of possible interest to our fandom is some "T-BOTS" coloring books, featuring many robots that look vaguely familiar, including a yellow Tracks-ish fellow on the cover.

Some of their stuff doesn't get distributed evenly though. The store on Warren just west of Westland mall had a toyline called "S.T.O.P. vs. S.C.U.M." that I've never seen elsewhere, not even at other Dollar Trees. A cross between G.I.Joe and Mad Max, they all sold out fast except for Lady Lead about 5 years ago. I'll have to stop by and see if she's still pegwarming.

Man, this and yesterday's Vehicon news just keeps giving me renewed hope that Arcee and Chromia might still show up at TJMarshaxx or Tuesday Morning, cheap enough for me to stockpile enough Arcees for all the customs I've wanted to do! Marvel, Blurr prototype colors...
Re: Age of Extinction Kreo Microchangers Wave 2 at Dollar Tree (1692972)
Posted by UnderYourCloset on May 31st, 2015 @ 11:32pm CDT
Bumblevivisector wrote:Kreons ain't normally my bag either, but I have so many Dollar Trees between my home and work that I gotta' check this out!

Just on a side note, who came up with the expression, "pegwarming", something about that sounds dirty.
Re: Age of Extinction Kreo Microchangers Wave 2 at Dollar Tree (1692987)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on June 1st, 2015 @ 12:27am CDT
Thanks, Silly. "Pegwarming" is now ruined forever.
Re: Age of Extinction Kreo Microchangers Wave 2 at Dollar Tree (1692998)
Posted by MemphisR56 on June 1st, 2015 @ 2:01am CDT
I NEED A FULL SET OF 12 IMMEDIATELY.

Please could somebody middleman me a full set of these?

I've been hoping this wave would reemerge forever. :KREMZEEK:
Re: Age of Extinction Kreo Microchangers Wave 2 at Dollar Tree (1693047)
Posted by Tresob on June 1st, 2015 @ 8:44am CDT
It makes one wonder what is wrong with distribution. If I had found this set in TRU like it was supposed to be, I probably would have dropped $40-$50 bucks. If I'm lucky, I'll squeak by with spending less than $20. If I can get to a Dollar Tree in time, of course.
Re: Age of Extinction Kreo Microchangers Wave 2 at Dollar Tree (1693058)
Posted by ScottyP on June 1st, 2015 @ 9:40am CDT
Tresob wrote:It makes one wonder what is wrong with distribution.

I don't think this one is any indication of distribution issues, since Kreo is dead and done in the US market for now. That's not to say there aren't any, I just don't think this is an example of it due to that factor.

I'm surprised these showed at all! Thought the ship sailed on them months ago in regards to showing up at discount. Happy for those that missed out though, that's for sure.
Re: Age of Extinction Kreo Microchangers Wave 2 at Dollar Tree (1693070)
Posted by william-james88 on June 1st, 2015 @ 10:19am CDT
Re: Age of Extinction Kreo Microchangers Wave 2 at Dollar Tree (1693074)
Posted by MartianSpyGirl1996 on June 1st, 2015 @ 10:32am CDT
BERSEKAEL wrote:Kreo is crap, I wish they put that effort in legion class instead. :-(

Completely unrelated.
Re: Age of Extinction Kreo Microchangers Wave 2 at Dollar Tree (1693082)
Posted by Noideaforaname on June 1st, 2015 @ 11:29am CDT
william-james88 wrote:I actually had found wave one for 1$ as well, but in a cinema chain. I didnt know until right now with these comments that it was a good deal. Although they did add a sticker making is a real blind bag, these dont seem to have that.

Kreons retail at $3 a pop, and having no other choice but to import this particular wave was... obviously a lot more. So seeing these for just a buck is pretty amazing. Like "grab the entire box, slam a $20 on the counter, and giddily skip back home" amazing. Wouldn't even care about the lack of codes for that price.
Re: Age of Extinction Kreo Microchangers Wave 2 at Dollar Tree (1693086)
Posted by Tresob on June 1st, 2015 @ 11:51am CDT
ScottyP wrote:
Tresob wrote:It makes one wonder what is wrong with distribution.

I don't really know one way or the other...I just remember these were due out a long time ago and have been available in other countries for quite a while (I have about for figures from this wave that were sent from Canada). I was just figuring they were supposed to hit the shelves of TRU before the kre-o meltdown happened, but got gummed up somewhere...and then went straight to the liquidators.
Re: Age of Extinction Kreo Microchangers Wave 2 at Dollar Tree (1693171)
Posted by crazyfist on June 1st, 2015 @ 4:22pm CDT
Just checked two dollar trees in Winston-Salem, NC and not a single Kre-O...
Re: Age of Extinction Kreo Microchangers Wave 2 at Dollar Tree (1693177)
Posted by UnderYourCloset on June 1st, 2015 @ 4:28pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:Thanks, Silly. "Pegwarming" is now ruined forever.

Lol I shouldn't have said that. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Age of Extinction Kreo Microchangers Wave 2 at Dollar Tree (1693224)
Posted by Shockwave7 on June 1st, 2015 @ 6:25pm CDT
Still don't want to buy any of the movie figures. Sorry, but Bay's weird take on them just doesn't cut it. I've only gotten a very few figures, like Evasion Optimus, and that only for his G1 ties. Snarl was the only other one that made the cut for me, again, because of his G1 roots and my fondness for stegosaurs.

I know this Chainsaw vehicon is rare, but I still don't want one....
Re: Age of Extinction Kreo Microchangers Wave 2 at Dollar Tree (1693226)
Posted by Shockwave7 on June 1st, 2015 @ 6:29pm CDT

I know this Chainsaw vehicon is rare, but I still don't want one....
Re: Age of Extinction Kreo Microchangers Wave 2 at Dollar Tree (1693227)
Posted by Moosey on June 1st, 2015 @ 6:30pm CDT
SillySpringer wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:Thanks, Silly. "Pegwarming" is now ruined forever.

Lol I shouldn't have said that. :BANG_HEAD:

SHAME! Go in your corner. :-x
( :lol: )

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #228 - Afterthoughts
"Afterthoughts"
Posted: Monday, August 12th, 2019

Buy "TransFormers Generation 2 G2 Combaticon BRUTICUS Collector Ed 5x figure combiner" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations armada starscream MC Donald toy 2002 never opened." on EBAY
Buy "MISB TRANSFORMERS Generations - COMBINER WARS BRUTICUS Combaticons Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rumble Glow in Dark Exclusive Action Vinyl by The Loyal Subjects" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Studio Series Voyager Bumblebee movie Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations Cyber Series Cyber Commander Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations Gdo Brawl" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations Fall Of Cybertron Japanese Fireblast Grimlock" on EBAY