Age of Extinction Legion Figures Spotted in Canadian Retail

Age of Extinction Legion Figures Spotted in Canadian Retail

Saturday, June 14th, 2014 10:47am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: Mindmaster   Views: 42,736

Thanks to the keen eye of Seibertron user william-james88, we have a confirmed retail sighting of the Legends-class Age of Extinction figures! Found in the Wal*Mart of Decarie Boulevard in Montreal, Quebec, william-james88 reported finding Legends Optimus Prime, Grimlock, Stinger, and Bumblebee.

To recap, Optimus Prime is a redeco of the Revenge of the Fallen figure of the same character, Grimlock from Beast Hunters Rippersnapper, Stinger from Prime Knock Out, and Bumblebee from Revenge of the Fallen of the same character. Check out the visual proof below!

Transformers News: Age of Extinction Legion Figures Spotted in Canadian Retail

Transformers News: Age of Extinction Legion Figures Spotted in Canadian Retail

Transformers News: Age of Extinction Legion Figures Spotted in Canadian Retail

Transformers News: Age of Extinction Legion Figures Spotted in Canadian Retail

Transformers News: Age of Extinction Legion Figures Spotted in Canadian Retail

Credit(s): william-james88

Re: Age of Extinction Legion Figures Spotted in Canadian Retail (1582149)
Posted by Sideshow Sideswipe on June 14th, 2014 @ 10:51am CDT
Not my kind of thing, but I can see my kids wanting grimlock for sure
Re: Age of Extinction Legion Figures Spotted in Canadian Retail (1582159)
Posted by Noideaforaname on June 14th, 2014 @ 11:17am CDT
Re: Age of Extinction Legion Figures Spotted in Canadian Retail (1582163)
Posted by BERSEKAEL on June 14th, 2014 @ 11:57am CDT
I WANT THOSE :grin:
Re: Age of Extinction Legion Figures Spotted in Canadian Retail (1582166)
Posted by Flashwave on June 14th, 2014 @ 12:06pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:Definitely want to grab that Grimlock. Not as Grimmy himself, but as an addition to the Terrorcon troops. I'd love to have 2 or 3 Abominuses.

Agreed, Bli needs a friend.

A little Solvaset and an eraser will take care of that pesky Autobot insignea without damging theplastic. Also, if you are feeling artsy, Blot makes a nice Slog...

Check the sig for more ideas too. ;)
Re: Age of Extinction Legion Figures Spotted in Canadian Retail (1582168)
Posted by Flashwave on June 14th, 2014 @ 12:32pm CDT
LeL wrote:hope the weapon attaches to his face.

Going by the spaces and the two pegs, it looks like it fits into his noggin like ahst and covrs his face
Re: Age of Extinction Legion Figures Spotted in Canadian Retail (1582181)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 14th, 2014 @ 1:16pm CDT
Congrats Will, for your first News Credit!

:APPLAUSE:
Re: Age of Extinction Legion Figures Spotted in Canadian Retail (1582182)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on June 14th, 2014 @ 1:19pm CDT

Wasp-shot23 wrote:This is truly the big time. A golden age.

What a time to be alive.

No offense intended but if you think this is a golden age i feel bad for you

T-Macksimus wrote:What I find highly irritating about this line, Or at least one of many points) is that they lump the movie crap in with Generations yet they are still running a specific "Generations" line with separate packaging... for the moment. The stores are keeping both lines separate and jacking up the prices on the movie line yet the listing above suggests that the figures are the same line (MV4 GEN) and this is just basically giving either Hasbro or the retailers an opportunity to screw us.
No, don't bother to try to break it down and "explain it" to me. I don't want to hear it, it's bullsh** plain and simple and utterly stupid. As far as I'm concerned they are two very distinct lines and the only thing that they have in common is that Hasbro is doing a stellar job of screwing them both up.

And as far as this Hot Shot character goes... it's a re-paint, I'll bet money on it. It's wave 3, we still don't have full listings of cast and toys and Hasbro is in their "We don't give a sh**" mode and looking to fleece parents and youngsters for every last red cent so of course we are going to get myriad repaints and cheap filler so they can drag this line out as long as possible with just teases of "new" characters. Marketing 101 folks, plain and simple. Don't think for one second that there is an ounce of loyalty or any respect for continuity or regard for fans. Whatever you have your hopes and dreams set on for figures... think again. Y'all are basing your speculations around past releases or on what Hasbro may or may not have said and not a one of you is thinking from a greed/profit standpoint and therein lies your error.

its refreshing to see someone else who actually gets it, to bad theres so few of us to actually make an impact. But i have to agree its way to early for a new character to show up especially when all the bots & "cons" havent been revealed yet. Now if wave 3 shows up around or after the movies release then theres a very slim possibility that its a new mold but my money is on a repaint of a DOTM mold or TFP.
Re: Age of Extinction Legion Figures Spotted in Canadian Retail (1582187)
Posted by Shockwave7 on June 14th, 2014 @ 1:24pm CDT
Thing is, I NEVER thought the 'legion' figures were great shakes. But from what I've seen, it looks like my fears were not groundless. Hasbro does indeed seem to be scrapping their usual Transformers package design and logo for this god-awful 'new' one.

While I applaud simplifying the packaging, the design stinks. I had hoped it was just Movie4 that would suffer from it. But it's spilled over to MP Grimlock, and to this new animated series.

It just doesn't have any snap to it. It makes them look like they're prizes in boxes of crackerjack, rather than cool toys.
Re: Age of Extinction Legion Figures Spotted in Canadian Retail (1582192)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on June 14th, 2014 @ 1:45pm CDT
Anyone who's complaining about the price, calm down. That's just how much they've cost in Canada for the past few years
Re: Age of Extinction Legion Figures Spotted in Canadian Retail (1582205)
Posted by Deadput on June 14th, 2014 @ 2:39pm CDT
Megatron Wolf wrote:damn $7 for a legion thats harsh, but i have no interest in these im waiting for the beast war repaints.

Wasp-shot23 wrote:This is truly the big time. A golden age.

What a time to be alive.

No offense intended but if you think this is a golden age i feel bad for you

Aparantly you never heard of Hasbro saying the following things

They are not using past movie toys for this line (they kinda lied as heli Drift is a repaint of Skyhammer so who knows)

and there are no toy only characters for this line

and there was a leaked listing and for wave three it said the following were in it

Bumblebee (probably the 2014 Camaro)
Stinger (probably in the wave 3.5 like what they are doing with Lockdown in wave 2.5)
and "rally car"

the Chevy Sonic is a rally car

therefor the Sonic is Hot Shot.

And man yo guys complain to much.
Re: Age of Extinction Legion Figures Spotted in Canadian Retail (1582236)
Posted by Flashwave on June 14th, 2014 @ 4:40pm CDT

Wasp-shot23 wrote:This is truly the big time. A golden age.

What a time to be alive.

No offense intended but if you thdesink this is a golden age i feel bad for you

Guys, the pegs those are h a nging on are for the CONSTRUCT BOTS and thats qhwt the other Legions were going for here.
Re: Age of Extinction Legion Figures Spotted in Canadian Retail (1582251)
Posted by Peridot on June 14th, 2014 @ 5:44pm CDT
Re: Age of Extinction Legion Figures Spotted in Canadian Retail (1582262)
Posted by Zeedust on June 14th, 2014 @ 6:45pm CDT

I still say they should have recolored Rippersnapper into Scorn rather than Grimlock, but whatevs. Might pick this one anways, I like the Prime Predacons. (Predaking better be back at some point in RID, BTW.)

LeL wrote:hope the weapon attaches to his face.

I'll settle for a hook.
Re: Age of Extinction Legion Figures Spotted in Canadian Retail (1582264)
Posted by Deadput on June 14th, 2014 @ 6:59pm CDT
Metro Prime wrote:Am I the only one who thinks that the rally car would make an excellent Earth mode for Evac from Transformers: The Ride?

Yeah i agree but its probably Hot Shot

But Evac looks cool as the Sonic

Re: Age of Extinction Legion Figures Spotted in Canadian Retail (1582268)
Posted by Madeus Prime on June 14th, 2014 @ 7:22pm CDT
Wasp-shot23 wrote:My trousers are now in orbit.

Finally, a toyline with more than one possible iteration of Hot Shot! Think of the potential "Then and Now" 2 packs or original faithful repaints or one-step changers...

I'll just slip into a coma cos my wildest wish for the AOE line has just been fulfilled.

This is truly the big time. A golden age.

What a time to be alive.

Just, please, for the love of god, don't die horribly in the film cos I might start weeping in the cinema.

*Blink*

*Blink*

I don't mean to be rude here, but your theory about this being a Golden age?

This isn't a golden age:

This is a GOLDEN AGE:

Re: Age of Extinction Legion Figures Spotted in Canadian Retail (1582269)
Posted by Gallifreyan Autobot on June 14th, 2014 @ 7:30pm CDT
Madeus Prime wrote:
Wasp-shot23 wrote:My trousers are now in orbit.

This is truly the big time. A golden age.

What a time to be alive.

*Blink*

*Blink*

I don't mean to be rude here, but your theory about this being a Golden age?

This isn't a golden age:

This is a GOLDEN AGE:

Or have like a evolution of hot shot with his rid self all three Unicron trilogy bodies and his aoe incarnation. Just saying that I could see shelf clearing just for that product including myself
Re: Age of Extinction Legion Figures Spotted in Canadian Retail (1582270)
Posted by Gallifreyan Autobot on June 14th, 2014 @ 7:36pm CDT
AOE hot shot and maybe animated
Re: Age of Extinction Legion Figures Spotted in Canadian Retail (1582271)
Posted by The Thuggernaut on June 14th, 2014 @ 7:40pm CDT
Autobot tap out wrote:Both me and fanboy David Willis would be really happy if it was a five pack with RID hot shot , Armada hot shot with jolt energon hot shot Cybertron hot shot and
AOE hot shot and maybe animated

Universe Hot Shot and the speculated AOE Hot Shot would be a buy for me, and it would make the most sense to me. To be honest though I don't expect it to happen. I'll be pleasantly surprised if it does.
Re: Age of Extinction Legion Figures Spotted in Canadian Retail (1582279)
Posted by Zeedust on June 14th, 2014 @ 7:58pm CDT
The Thuggernaut wrote:
AOE hot shot and maybe animated

Given the size of the toys they're using for the Evolutions deluxe packs, it'd probably have to be either RID Spychanger Hot Shot or Cybertron Legends-sized Hot Shot.

And did Animated Hot Shot's toy even make it to the point where it was anywhere near ready for mass-production before they ended Animated?
Re: Age of Extinction Legion Figures Spotted in Canadian Retail (1582280)
Posted by The Thuggernaut on June 14th, 2014 @ 8:01pm CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote:
The Thuggernaut wrote:
AOE hot shot and maybe animated

Hot Shot only got to the point of a resin prototype, I doubt they would be able to finish it off and market it though :-(

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Dark of the Moon Cyberverse Battle Steel Optimus Prime!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of The Moon Cyberverse Lunar Ratchet ONLY DOTM" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise War For Cybertron Trilogy Bombshock And Growl New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Scorponok Triple Changer & Fast Track" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Battle In Moon Light Cyberverse Optimus Prime Trailer Part" on EBAY
Buy "LOT FIGURE TRANSFORMERS DOTM SHOCKWAVE FUSION TANK POWERGLIDE CYBERVERSE OF" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Lot of 2 Flip Racers Bumblebee & Blurr" on EBAY