Age of Extinction short-listed for 2015 Razzies

Age of Extinction short-listed for 2015 Razzies

Sunday, January 4th, 2015 3:00pm CST

Category: Movie Related News
Posted by: Burn   Views: 43,952

The short list for this years Razzies (the awards which honour the worst movies of the year) has been leaked online and is lead by the recently released The Interview, Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas, and Transformers: Age of Extinction

In what is sure to ignite serious debate among the Seibertron.com community, Transformers: Age of Extinction has received nine nominations in the following categories.

• Worst Picture
• Worst Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel
• Worst Screenplay
• Worst Screen Combo - Any Two Robots, Actors (or Robotic Actors)
• Worst Director
• Worst Supporting Actor (2 x individual nominations) - Kelsey Grammar (also nominated for his role in Expendables 3) / T.J. Miller
• Worst Supporting Actress (2 x individual nominations) - Sophia Miles / Nicola Peltz

The full short-list of nominations can be viewed at MovieWeb.com

The final list of nominations will be announced January 14.

Credit(s): Burn

Re: Age of Extinction short-listed for 2015 Razzies (1635745)
Posted by tfcrafter on January 4th, 2015 @ 3:03pm CST
Not surprised...
Re: Age of Extinction short-listed for 2015 Razzies (1635752)
Posted by Burn on January 4th, 2015 @ 3:19pm CST
The thing that killed AOE for me was the length.

Shorten it and it will definitely be better than The Interview. I mean really, Seth Rogen playing a more serious role? ugh ...
Re: Age of Extinction short-listed for 2015 Razzies (1635758)
Posted by dragons on January 4th, 2015 @ 3:43pm CST
Burn wrote:The thing that killed AOE for me was the length.

lord of rings series is out for you?

most succesful movie of 2014 happen to be worst film interesting enough
Re: Age of Extinction short-listed for 2015 Razzies (1635766)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on January 4th, 2015 @ 4:01pm CST
I'm just going to put something out there I hope people realize.

Success (In a capitalist sense of the word) does not necessarily equal quality.

Also a transformer movie, unless it's taken dead fucking serious, like a straight up epic drama about the characters, which will never happen, does not need to be that long. There does not need to be 2 Hours and 45 minutes of a disaster movie involving transformers; from the human's perspective.
Re: Age of Extinction short-listed for 2015 Razzies (1635794)
Posted by Noideaforaname on January 4th, 2015 @ 5:40pm CST
Way to celebrate the 30th anniversary, Transformers.

SW's SilverHammer wrote:I'm just going to put something out there I hope people realize.

Success (In a capitalist sense of the word) does not necessarily equal quality.

Yup, yup, yup.
Re: Age of Extinction short-listed for 2015 Razzies (1635795)
Posted by BERSEKAEL on January 4th, 2015 @ 5:42pm CST
that is interesting... haters everywhere. Does anybody remember any of the moves awarded instead of previous transformers movies? >:oP

I learned from my games, when you find enemies, you are on the right path.
Re: Age of Extinction short-listed for 2015 Razzies (1635800)
Posted by Ultra Markus on January 4th, 2015 @ 6:09pm CST
how could it be one of the worst movies when you have Kelsie Grammar fighting Mark Wahlberg :michaelbay:
Re: Age of Extinction short-listed for 2015 Razzies (1635807)
Posted by Burn on January 4th, 2015 @ 6:28pm CST
dragons wrote:lord of rings series is out for you?

I watched the first two Hobbit movies for the first time this weekend. I broke them up by going to the gym, checking my lottery tickets, and a bit of shopping.

Re: Age of Extinction short-listed for 2015 Razzies (1635809)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on January 4th, 2015 @ 6:33pm CST
Burn wrote: I shouldn't leave a movie theatre exhausted and tired.

A.O.E was an ass numbing experience in the Theatre.
Re: Age of Extinction short-listed for 2015 Razzies (1635813)
Posted by Zeedust on January 4th, 2015 @ 6:48pm CST
Burn wrote:Long movies weren't a problem for me until AOE. I shouldn't leave a movie theatre exhausted and tired.

I'd go so far as to say "fatigued and depressed" was my reaction. I swear I didn't like Transformers any more for a little bit.
Re: Age of Extinction short-listed for 2015 Razzies (1635816)
Posted by Kup98ss on January 4th, 2015 @ 7:01pm CST
I agree. It deserves the award. I will not rewatch the last 3 movies because they are terrible movies. They are not bad because I'm a transformers purist. They are bad because they are bad movies.
Re: Age of Extinction short-listed for 2015 Razzies (1635827)
Posted by MaverickPrime on January 4th, 2015 @ 7:44pm CST
This doesn't surprise me in the slightest, the movie, even if it gave a liiiiiiiittle more screen time and characterization to the Transformers, still sucked, was overly long(which hurts even more given how much time was wasted on the humans), the product placement was downright obscene and was just another explosion fest.
What really surprised me was the fact they asked the academy to consider it for Oscars, the nerve!
And no, I'm not a Geewuner, I like most of the designs and loooove the toys, but honestly, the movies are bad. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Age of Extinction short-listed for 2015 Razzies (1635837)
Posted by Shockwave7 on January 4th, 2015 @ 9:01pm CST
I think in the hands of another director, Tformers could have 'better' movies. They've made truckloads of cash and you can't argue with that, but that doesn't make them 'good' movies. (Phantom Menace made money too, and it's not a good movie by any stretch of the imagination)

It's just that Bay has become too formulaic and predictable with his movies. They're ALL like "Armageddon" and it shows. From the explosions to the music, to the stock characters, it's like Bay and his movie making team are caught in some kind of Groundhog Day time loop in which they (and therefore we) have to relive the same cheesy movie over and over again.

That's not even factoring in the Bay robot designs. There's something about the faces (complete with robotic lips, noses, beards, teeth and tongues) which serve no function - that just bugs me.
Re: Age of Extinction short-listed for 2015 Razzies (1635845)
Posted by Blackstreak on January 4th, 2015 @ 9:23pm CST
How about a new category? Worst fan-based support. After all, critics know everything and expect perfection.
Re: Age of Extinction short-listed for 2015 Razzies (1635859)
Posted by megatronus on January 4th, 2015 @ 10:16pm CST
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
Burn wrote: I shouldn't leave a movie theatre exhausted and tired.

A.O.E was an ass numbing experience in the Theatre.
I saw AOE in theaters, alone, with a big platter of comfort (read: Mexican) food so I could suffer the indignity of it all in solitude.
Re: Age of Extinction short-listed for 2015 Razzies (1635865)
Posted by kaijuguy19 on January 4th, 2015 @ 11:05pm CST
Not surprised about this at all. This is becoming like a tradition in a way. I wouldn't also be surprised if the new TMNT movie will have it's share of the award. Makes me wonder if TF5 will get the same award even if Bay's no longer on board?
Re: Age of Extinction short-listed for 2015 Razzies (1635873)
Posted by Mechastrike on January 4th, 2015 @ 11:23pm CST
Re: Age of Extinction short-listed for 2015 Razzies (1635877)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on January 4th, 2015 @ 11:57pm CST
Mechastrike wrote:i actually enjoyed the movie. i dunno what these critics were smoking when they saw the film (assuming they've seen it).

Well I mean, it's not whether or not the movie's entertaining, Critics judge these things on personal subjective, yet objective opinions and analysis on whether or not the movies actually competently written, directed, acted, paced; so on and so forth. The Room is one of the most entertaining movies out there, it's just not quality. M-Bay's Transformers can be entertaining, but by no means is it quality entertainment
Re: Age of Extinction short-listed for 2015 Razzies (1635894)
Posted by Evil_the_Nub on January 5th, 2015 @ 2:42am CST
SW's SilverHammer wrote:

No, it's completely subjective. Everything they criticize the Transformers movies for is something they overlook pretty much everywhere else. They bash it for the action, explosions, acting, and weak plot, but The Avengers is is just as guilty of all that and I've never heard a word against it. They complain that it's too long, but there are dozens of universally praised movies that are even longer.

Those are valid reasons to dislike a movie, you can't argue against personal opinion. But in order to fairly label it bad it needs to be objectively flawed.
Re: Age of Extinction short-listed for 2015 Razzies (1635902)
Posted by Rated X on January 5th, 2015 @ 4:58am CST
I liked the god damn movies...all four of them. And Im the biggest G1 advocate on this site. The key to enjoying bayformers movies is to keep an open mind and pretend G1 never existed. It also helps to love action and explosions and not give two craps about acting like me. For the record, I never even heard of "Razzies" before reading this article...

Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Megatronus" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Liege Maximo" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series SS-22 Dropkick Bumblebee Movie Brand New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 52 Deluxe Chromia, Arcee, and Elita-1 Figures NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Netflix WFC Deluxe Class Elita-1 Walmart Exclusive MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Classics Mini-cons Night Rescue Divebomb Strongarm Firebot" on EBAY
Buy "transformers prime beast hunters blight blot" on EBAY
Buy "New Sealed Hasbro Transformers The Last Knight Premier Edition Cogman 2016" on EBAY