Friday, July 11th, 2014 6:08pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Store News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 22,861

The behemoth Stomp & Chomp Grimlock is available to order at ToysRUs.com for $79.99. Click here to see the order page.

You can also get him at HasbroToyShop.com for $79.99 or Kre-O Dinofire Grimlock for $39.99. Below are our in-hand images of both items.

Transformers News: Age of Extinction Stomp & Chomp Grimlock Available ToysRUs.com and HasbroToyShop.com

Credit(s): Hasbrotoyshop.com, Toysrus.com, OptimalOptimus2

Re: Age of Extinction Stomp & Chomp Grimlock Available ToysRUs.com and HasbroToyShop.com (1589845)
Posted by STngAR on July 11th, 2014 @ 6:19pm CDT
Really can't see spending 80 bucks for that

:MAXIMAL:
Re: Age of Extinction Stomp & Chomp Grimlock Available ToysRUs.com and HasbroToyShop.com (1589847)
Posted by KirbyForce1 on July 11th, 2014 @ 6:22pm CDT
Kre-O Dinofire Grimlock?
Re: Age of Extinction Stomp & Chomp Grimlock Available ToysRUs.com and HasbroToyShop.com (1589849)
Posted by Superwheeljack on July 11th, 2014 @ 6:23pm CDT
indarkestknight wrote:...Isn't he supposed to have a hook hand?

*confused*

Sadly, no.
Re: Age of Extinction Stomp & Chomp Grimlock Available ToysRUs.com and HasbroToyShop.com (1589852)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on July 11th, 2014 @ 6:33pm CDT
STngAR wrote:Really can't see spending 80 bucks for that

:MAXIMAL:

I know. It looks cheap. If I had to give it a price, I'd say $29.99. But as time goes on, things will get more expensive. Soon, a gallon of gas could cost $20. I hope gas companies won't raise the price after the making of this post.
Re: Age of Extinction Stomp & Chomp Grimlock Available ToysRUs.com and HasbroToyShop.com (1589897)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 11th, 2014 @ 10:18pm CDT
Superwheeljack wrote:
indarkestknight wrote:...Isn't he supposed to have a hook hand?

*confused*

Sadly, no.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if a third party group made a hook accessory that just snapped over his hand.
Re: Age of Extinction Stomp & Chomp Grimlock Available ToysRUs.com and HasbroToyShop.com (1589907)
Posted by megatronus on July 12th, 2014 @ 1:07am CDT
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:
STngAR wrote:Really can't see spending 80 bucks for that

:MAXIMAL:

Re: Age of Extinction Stomp & Chomp Grimlock Available ToysRUs.com and HasbroToyShop.com (1589950)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on July 12th, 2014 @ 8:12am CDT
megatronus wrote:I don't care how good the joke is (and this one wasn't spectacular)... text never needs to be that small.

I wasn't trying to joke.
Re: Age of Extinction Stomp & Chomp Grimlock Available ToysRUs.com and HasbroToyShop.com (1589979)
Posted by El Duque on July 12th, 2014 @ 11:36am CDT
We have new official images of Takara Tomy's Transformers: Age of Extinction Dual Model Kit (DMK03) Optimus Prime via Amazon Japan. The kit looks quite impressive and offers a very screen accurate and articulated version of the latest incarnation of Optimus Prime. Check him out in the series of images mirrored below:

Re: Age of Extinction Stomp & Chomp Grimlock Available ToysRUs.com and HasbroToyShop.com (1589988)
Posted by Evil Eye on July 12th, 2014 @ 12:03pm CDT
Re: Age of Extinction Stomp & Chomp Grimlock Available ToysRUs.com and HasbroToyShop.com (1590008)
Posted by YRQRM0 on July 12th, 2014 @ 12:53pm CDT
Looks great. What's with all the silver though? Is that supposed to be the silver knight Optimus? I'm assuming that idea got dumped at the last minute, because in the film I didn't notice any change in color on him. Unless it's just really subtle.
Re: Age of Extinction Stomp & Chomp Grimlock Available ToysRUs.com and HasbroToyShop.com (1590030)
Posted by TransformersFan89 on July 12th, 2014 @ 1:19pm CDT
Ok thanks! Do you think we'll be seeing any human alliance figures for Age Of Extinction?
Re: Age of Extinction Stomp & Chomp Grimlock Available ToysRUs.com and HasbroToyShop.com (1590059)
Posted by Shuttershock on July 12th, 2014 @ 3:32pm CDT
Delta Magnus wrote:...Dayum. That looks pretty sweet. But seeing that, I think it's safe to say that expecting an accurate transforming version of this design is kinda unfair. I mean, by the looks of things this transformation defies the laws of physics. There's no way they could make an even remotely accurate version without major partsforming. And you all know what I think of partsforming.

And THAT'S why I don't really care for this knight design for Optimus. It's neat and all, but it's impossible for designers to work around that in ways that aren't bulky awkward shell-forming. There's really nothing to indicate that he's a truck outside of the smokestacks, so he's near unidentifiable as a Transformer.

Re: Age of Extinction Stomp & Chomp Grimlock Available ToysRUs.com and HasbroToyShop.com (1590096)
Posted by william-james88 on July 12th, 2014 @ 4:45pm CDT
Shuttershock wrote:

I am really looking forward to owning EM Prime then. I am simply waiting for that Evolution 2 pack to come out since I dont have either of those molds yet (looks like it will be in a while).
Re: Age of Extinction Stomp & Chomp Grimlock Available ToysRUs.com and HasbroToyShop.com (1590127)
Posted by Evil Eye on July 12th, 2014 @ 5:25pm CDT
Shuttershock wrote:

Indeed. I do tip my hat to the designers for trying to make the design unusual, refreshing and not obviously an upscaled and heavily detailed toy, but it is a pain for those of us who want a decent figure of it. Granted, the increased simplification of the AoE line doesn't help (at least with the very large toys; the Deluxes and some of the Voyagers look same as usual) but really, I doubt even Studio Half-Eye could make an accurate transforming version of that (although I wouldn't put it past them considering they made "perfect transforming" versions of Gunbuster and Gurren Lagann).

On the plus side, this could help push forward the toy engineering/mech designing arts, so to speak. For a similar example, look at Evangelion; the lithe, organic designs were considered too difficult to render in toy form and thus Gainax were bombarded with requests to make them more toyetic. However, Gainax refused to give on the designs, and the series went on to basically rewrite the rules of anime. Plus, they eventually got a toy contract with Sega and several years later there are now lots of good Evangelion figures. So, Eva and its radical designs changed not only the anime industry, but the toy industry too.

Not that the live-action Transformers movies are up to par with Eva of course, but you get what I mean.
Re: Age of Extinction Stomp & Chomp Grimlock Available ToysRUs.com and HasbroToyShop.com (1590128)
Posted by Shuttershock on July 12th, 2014 @ 5:27pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:

Seems to be the right way to go. I haven't even considered the leader class, mainly because it's to pricey to be a big, kibble strewn mess.

Moreover, once again at that size Optimus doesn't have anyone to challenge him at that size. Galvatron is a shell-forming voyager and Lockdown (the PRIMARY antagonist of the movie) is a tiny deluxe. And it's not even like the other Lockdown toys where he unfolds to be taller than a voyager.
Re: Age of Extinction Stomp & Chomp Grimlock Available ToysRUs.com and HasbroToyShop.com (1590142)
Posted by Shuttershock on July 12th, 2014 @ 5:42pm CDT
Delta Magnus wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:

I see your point. However, the main difference here is that the Eva (to my knowledge) do not transform, and have the luxury of having more lithe forms with ball joints.

Now, I'm not saying that they have to transform to be Transformers toys. I'm aware of Action Masters, Pretenders, Revoltech, Robot Heroes and those God awful plastic bricks they make now a days. I'm just saying that Optimus Prime's knight-mode model was never meant to logically become a truck, just a sleek robot. While this is perfectly serviceable with these Dual Models, it has made every other toy that has had to transform be a cluttered, back-heavy kibbled mess that is about as far removed from the screen design as possible. If a screen-accurate transformable toy did exist, such a thing would be Metroplex-scaled, break apart into dozens if not hundreds of panels and hinges, and would be a price point that not even Fansproject would be willing to commit to.

This might be the wrong place to talk about engineering aesthetics, but it's been a pet peeve about this "knight" design for me for a long while now.
Re: Age of Extinction Stomp & Chomp Grimlock Available ToysRUs.com and HasbroToyShop.com (1590268)
Posted by Evil_the_Nub on July 13th, 2014 @ 4:24am CDT
Shuttershock wrote:Credit where credit's due, EM Optimus is an engineering marvel. True, his arms might be a little skinny, but his robot mode is condensed, tight and impressively poseable.

What's really impressive is it's so simple, he basically turns inside-out. Hound even transforms in a similar way. I don't know why they didn't take that approach with leader Optimus and Galvatron.
Re: Age of Extinction Stomp & Chomp Grimlock Available ToysRUs.com and HasbroToyShop.com (1590392)
Posted by Peridot on July 13th, 2014 @ 3:17pm CDT
I find it weird that the $10 One Step Changer and $12 Power Battler versions of Optimus both have more cohesive robot modes and less kibble than the $40-50 Leader Class figure.
Re: Age of Extinction Stomp & Chomp Grimlock Available ToysRUs.com and HasbroToyShop.com (1590403)
Posted by Shuttershock on July 13th, 2014 @ 4:10pm CDT
Evil_the_Nub wrote:

That's what annoys me even more about Galvatron's design. In the film (spoilers), he "transforms" by basically dematerializing into cubes and reforming as a robot, meaning that absolutely NO care has to be put into parts from vehicle mode fitting in. Because of this, they've just had to make him a shell-former with a semi-backpack.

In short, the movie designs and sensibilities are hindering the engineering of the toys.
Re: Age of Extinction Stomp & Chomp Grimlock Available ToysRUs.com and HasbroToyShop.com (1590441)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 13th, 2014 @ 6:03pm CDT
Shuttershock wrote:
Evil_the_Nub wrote:

A lot of that has to do with the fact that Hasbro is basically made to sit in a corner while Paramount handles most of the movie stuff. I really think Hasbro needs to step up and insist that the movie designers work alongside the toy designers.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Barricade Action Figure Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cogman The Last Knight 1 Step Turbo Changer Cyberfire" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyager Class Megatron Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "????  NEW Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Trilogy “STARSCREAM” Voyager Class" on EBAY
Buy "Soundwave Sealed MISB MOSC Voyager War for Cybertron - Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Decepticon Shockwave Sealed MISB Leader War for Cybertron Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Sideswipe Sealed MISB MOSC Deluxe War for Cybertron - Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Red Alert Sealed MISB MOSC Deluxe War for Cybertron - Siege Transformers" on EBAY