Age of Extinction Wave 3 Have Hit Canada

Age of Extinction Wave 3 Have Hit Canada

Friday, October 31st, 2014 12:39am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Reviews, Sightings, Store News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 53,863

Age of Extinction Wave 3 figures have been spotted at Canadian retail. Here is a picture of Hot Shot taken at Walmart in Laval (on boulevard Saint Martin).

The other figures that come with this figure in the box are Bumblebee (in his updated form) and Snarl were already sold at the time this picture was taken.

Transformers News: Age of Extinction Wave 3 Have Hit Canada

Also of note, fellow fan and video reviewer Felzbug has posted a video review of Age of Extinction Hot Shot. (G1 Tracks deco)

Credit(s): william-james88 (photo), Felzbug (video)

Re: Age of Extinction Wave 3 Have Hit Canada (1618457)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on October 31st, 2014 @ 1:16am CDT
Bounti76 wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Hey folks stupid question, does anyone know what happened to the Constructbots Dino Riders we were supposed to get of Starscream and other characters from the movieverse? For that matter has the Wal-Mart Strafe with Stinger and Bumblebee set been released yet?

If you're talking strictly Construct-Bots as far as this post then I can't help you- 'cause I don't know. If the Bumblebee/Stinger/Strafe set you mean is the Deluxe Strafe with Legion 'Bee and Stinger, I've seen that one at a couple of different local Walmarts for several weeks now.

Strictly Constructbots. Strafe is done in the same colors as that exclusive Grimlock and Stinger is a repaint of Bumblebee.
Re: Age of Extinction Wave 3 Have Hit Canada (1618460)
Posted by Samsonator on October 31st, 2014 @ 1:47am CDT
Worth noting I just saw the same figure in a Walmart here in Surrey
Re: Age of Extinction Wave 3 Have Hit Canada (1618470)
Posted by Va'al on October 31st, 2014 @ 3:56am CDT
Almost at the end of the simplified Transformers: Age of Extinction line, fellow Seibertron.com user chuckdawg1999 has shared another video review, hitting the Decepticon-but-not-quite-spot with Galvatron. Check out the clip below, and leave a comment on the line - if you picked any up - in the Energon Pub!

I've gone back and forth but I have to say, Galvatron is the best One-Step changer from the AOE line. It has a really unique transformation that's a lot of fun to work back and forth. The details and paint are solid too. If there's one figure to get from this simplified line it really is Galvatron.

Re: Age of Extinction Wave 3 Have Hit Canada (1618474)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on October 31st, 2014 @ 4:15am CDT

Know what? At first, I hated the idea of these 1step changers. The early ones were kinda bad too. However, the more they create them, the more they come up with some nifty ideas that end up with some cool results! I'd never thought I would say this, but I'm looking foward to see what will they come up next.
Re: Age of Extinction Wave 3 Have Hit Canada (1618477)
Posted by RhA on October 31st, 2014 @ 4:45am CDT
I was doubting if I ever would pick up a one-step figure, but if it's ever going to be the case... Galvatron would top the list.
Re: Age of Extinction Wave 3 Have Hit Canada (1618487)
Posted by Autobot032 on October 31st, 2014 @ 5:39am CDT
Galvatron looks amazing. That head is even better than the one on the Voyager. I'd say he is up there on the list in terms of One-Step figures, but Steeljaw, while very simplistic even in One-Step terms, is a really nice figure in both modes. Stinger is painfully simplistic, but it looks SO good.

Galvatron, though...you sexy beast.
Re: Age of Extinction Wave 3 Have Hit Canada (1618518)
Posted by william-james88 on October 31st, 2014 @ 8:40am CDT
I know its not intentional but I can't help it.

In the box with all that kibble raised above his shoulders, AOE Hotshot reminds me of one of his predecessors:

Re: Age of Extinction Wave 3 Have Hit Canada (1618520)
Posted by william-james88 on October 31st, 2014 @ 8:44am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:Wow. I mean, wow. That 1 step Galvatron is one incredible feat of engeneering! If I ever see him in stores, along with HelocoDrift, I'll pick them up without waiting for any sales.

I dont see how Galvatron is better than that one step Drift. That helicopter drift is so sleek while Galvatron has this giant backpack.
Re: Age of Extinction Wave 3 Have Hit Canada (1618537)
Posted by Solrac333 on October 31st, 2014 @ 10:02am CDT
Re: Age of Extinction Wave 3 Have Hit Canada (1618540)
Posted by william-james88 on October 31st, 2014 @ 10:07am CDT
omega666 wrote:Wow. That price is reason enough to stop collecting. I'd rather save up and get 3rd party figures.

Which toy are you referring to?
Re: Age of Extinction Wave 3 Have Hit Canada (1618547)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on October 31st, 2014 @ 10:25am CDT

If you're looking at AoE TracksHot Shot, I'll say one thing: Canadian, not US. Though I will agree prices are high wherever you go.
Re: Age of Extinction Wave 3 Have Hit Canada (1618551)
Posted by william-james88 on October 31st, 2014 @ 10:34am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

If you're looking at AoE TracksHot Shot, I'll say one thing: If you read the post in addition to looking at the pretty picture, you'd have known that's the Canadian price, not the US one.

Imagine he knew the Euro Price? And in Japan, they spend 25$ per deluxe at retail. And I just learnt that in England, MP Grimlock was selling for 99 pounds. Thats 157 $ US!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Age of Extinction Wave 3 Have Hit Canada (1618554)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on October 31st, 2014 @ 10:39am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Euro prices are nuts, but the 20%-off promo in the Netherlands soften the blow: €22 instead of €27 for a Deluxe is closer to the original level. I hope it's a permanent change, I'll find out by next week.
Re: Age of Extinction Wave 3 Have Hit Canada (1618557)
Posted by william-james88 on October 31st, 2014 @ 10:58am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Still, at 22 euros, thats about the same price Japanese retailers sell their deluxe Takaras. But they get the better deco. Man, I will remember those prices the next time I think I am paying too much for a deluxe here in Canada. But arent you coming over to the US soon? You will finally get these low low prices.
Re: Age of Extinction Wave 3 Have Hit Canada (1618558)
Posted by william-james88 on October 31st, 2014 @ 11:03am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Also, while the color scheme does look like G1 tracks, it is also quite reminescent of Cybertron Hot Shot

Re: Age of Extinction Wave 3 Have Hit Canada (1618563)
Posted by ScottyP on October 31st, 2014 @ 11:44am CDT
Way back at Botcon we had a glimpse of a two pack being released containing the Smash and Change Optimus Prime along with Flip and Change Grimlock from Age of Extinction. This set has finally been sighted at a Kohl's store in Grand Blanc, Michigan by site owner Seibertron's dad Kevin Yzquierdo.

This set is another opportunity to grab these up if you missed these upon their first release, or if you're looking for a fun gift for the younger Transformers fan in your life this holiday. There don't appear to be any deco changes to either toy in this set, at least not to this Seibertronian! You can also order the set online for $44.99 at Kohls.com, however be warned that their sale price is actually higher than the retail price of buying these two separately at many other outlets.

We've got extensive Galleries of both Smash and Change Optimus Prime and Flip and Change Grimlock available to help you find out if these are right for you.

Keep it tuned right here to Seibertron.com for all the latest news, and if you've got a sighting of a new toy yourself, be sure to let us know at sightings@seibertron.com, use our Toy Sightings resource tool, and be sure to post in your local Toy Sightings thread too!
Re: Age of Extinction Wave 3 Have Hit Canada (1618581)
Posted by KirbyForce1 on October 31st, 2014 @ 12:34pm CDT
Fxfranz already did a review of this guy a month or 2 ago. Why do you NEVER read my news submissions?
Re: Age of Extinction Wave 3 Have Hit Canada (1618584)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on October 31st, 2014 @ 12:52pm CDT
Re: Age of Extinction Wave 3 Have Hit Canada (1618585)
Posted by Seibertron on October 31st, 2014 @ 1:06pm CDT
Megatron Wolf wrote:wow they're selling it for $45 figured it would be around $60 or $70, kohls has the worst prices on everything.

Actually they don't, especially if you have a Kohl's credit card. They always have sales going on and you can also get an additional 15 to 30% off if you use your Kohl's credit card.
Re: Age of Extinction Wave 3 Have Hit Canada (1618595)
Posted by william-james88 on October 31st, 2014 @ 1:31pm CDT
That pack was also just spotted yesterday in Canada, don't know if that is news worthy.

What is very itneresting is that in Canada, it's a Walmart exclusive for 25$..canaidian! (that's like 22$ US) And it is thus cheaper than buying them individually.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #286 - They Might Be Giants
"They Might Be Giants"
Posted: Friday, October 8th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Selects Shattered Glass Ratchet and Optimus..." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power Charge Bumblebee Volkswagen VW Bug Beetle With Original Box" on EBAY
Buy "Energon Armor IACONUS Transformers Cyberverse Adventures Ultimate Class 2020" on EBAY
Buy "Optimus Prime Battle Base Trailer Transformers Cyberverse Energon Axe Attack New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers ~ Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures ~ Deluxe Cheetor ~ Dinobots Unite" on EBAY
Buy "Used IRONHIDE  TRANSFORMERS ARMS MICRON PRIME AM-20 / TAKARA" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2011 Generations Fall of Cybertron Shockwave New In Box!" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Toys Studio Series 46 Deluxe Class Transformers: Bumblebee …" on EBAY