Alex Milne IDW Transformers Character Models: Highbrow, Holomatter Avatar Whirl

Alex Milne IDW Transformers Character Models: Highbrow, Holomatter Avatar Whirl

Sunday, June 29th, 2014 5:48am CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, People News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 31,715

IDW fan-favourite artist Alex Milne has recently tweeted a couple of sketches for characters in Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye, including one who has yet to show up, and a punk-esque re-imagining of a previous one: check out below his concepts for Highbrow and Whirl's holomatter avatar!

Transformers News: Alex Milne IDW Transformers Character Models: Highbrow, Holomatter Avatar Whirl

Credit(s): Alex Milne

Re: Alex Milne IDW Transformers Character Models: Highbrow, Holomatter Avatar Whirl (1586641)
Posted by Fuhzimota on June 29th, 2014 @ 2:24pm CDT
Re: Alex Milne IDW Transformers Character Models: Highbrow, Holomatter Avatar Whirl (1586752)
Posted by fenrir72 on June 29th, 2014 @ 11:06pm CDT
Whirl's holomatter avatar is a cyber punk psycho girl? WTF! Bring her on! :APPLAUSE:
Re: Alex Milne IDW Transformers Character Models: Highbrow, Holomatter Avatar Whirl (1586844)
Posted by Stormrider on June 30th, 2014 @ 8:04am CDT
MegaDump wrote:I can't help but think "tranny-bot" whenever I see Arcee now. Damn you Furman!

That doesn't bother me. I think it adds to the mystery of what exactly are Fembots?

Fuhzimota wrote:WOW... I can totally see a Highbrow Custom/retool of the Springer/Sandstorm mold! Whirl's avatar is completely, udderly ridiculous, over the top, UNVINCIBLE!!!!! Great work, Mr. Milne. :APPLAUSE:

I kind of wish Highbrow was not a retool of the triple changer mold, since he never was a triple changer.
Re: Alex Milne IDW Transformers Character Models: Highbrow, Holomatter Avatar Whirl (1586893)
Posted by Dead Metal on June 30th, 2014 @ 12:47pm CDT

That's kinda stupid, she had no gender before she was given one by Jiaxus.

That Whirl is awesome, can't wait to see it in action! :D They could do a one shot featureing Whirl having an entire adventure with his holomatter avatar.
Re: Alex Milne IDW Transformers Character Models: Highbrow, Holomatter Avatar Whirl (1586957)
Posted by Fuhzimota on June 30th, 2014 @ 4:31pm CDT
Stormrider wrote:

I agree with Highbrow not being a triple-changer, I just noticed that the rear half of the alt-mode is nearly identical to the triple-changer, so I'm sure somebody's gonna do a custom at some point...Same thing with Cloud Screamer and Rodimus... The bot modes look cool to me, but not sure about them being Triple-changers either.

As far as Whirl's avatar, I think he was as surprised by it as everyone else in the comics...

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON WFC-S32 BLACKJACK & HYPERDRIVE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Powertrain & Highjump Siege War for Cybertron Micromaster" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG37 Ravage & Bullhorn Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Battle Core Optimus Prime Action Figure Incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers WFC: Earthrise Micromasters Battle Squad DIRECT-HIT / POWER PUNCH" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations - Starscream, Optimus Prime, Rodimus Prime - NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Transformers Masterpiece Convoy Mode Eva MP-10 Optimus Prime Brand" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Titans Return Roadburn (aka Chase) Sealed!" on EBAY