Alex Milne Transformers Sketchbook Reveal

Alex Milne Transformers Sketchbook Reveal

Tuesday, August 11th, 2015 1:10pm CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, People News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 32,456

IDW artist, a fan-favourite working on Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye among many many other titles, Alex Milne has just self-produced his first sketchbook, collecting art from the past number of years he's worked with Transformers - and has shared some shots of it with fans! You can check out the images mirrored below, featuring quite a bit of Megatron, some interiors and some covers shots.

Just wanted to show off the printer proof of my sketchbook that I'm having made for this year

I did one a long time ago, but that was complete crap, so I guess we can say this is my first sketchbook

Very exciting

I have so much work I've done over the years that I wasn't sure what I wanted in the book. In the end I went with Transformers since that's what I'm best known for right now. I will be making other sketchbooks in the future, so I can have other types of work in those

The size for this monster is 8.5 x 8.5 and contains 48 pages. 24 Colour, 24 B&W + an insert page for a possible sketch + cover
It took me a long time to piece this together, and I'm pretty happy with the end results right now

I can't wait to see all of them printed.
At the moment, I'm just doing a very limited run. About 50 copies. I will probably end up making more later, but for right now this is what I can do

Enjoy

Transformers News: Alex Milne Transformers Sketchbook Reveal

Transformers News: Alex Milne Transformers Sketchbook Reveal

Transformers News: Alex Milne Transformers Sketchbook Reveal

Transformers News: Alex Milne Transformers Sketchbook Reveal

Transformers News: Alex Milne Transformers Sketchbook Reveal

Transformers News: Alex Milne Transformers Sketchbook Reveal

Credit(s): Alex Milne

Re: Alex Milne Transformers Sketchbook Reveal (1717340)
Posted by Quinturion on August 11th, 2015 @ 2:59pm CDT
Re: Alex Milne Transformers Sketchbook Reveal (1717344)
Posted by Va'al on August 11th, 2015 @ 3:09pm CDT
Quinturion wrote:Even the pictures of this book look great! Are these for sale anywhere? Because if they are only available at conventions I have a big problem since I live in Europe.

He's coming to Auto Assembly in under two weeks! You coming along to the UK for that? :D
Re: Alex Milne Transformers Sketchbook Reveal (1717347)
Posted by Quinturion on August 11th, 2015 @ 3:23pm CDT
Expensive but indeed possible! :-? ;)
Re: Alex Milne Transformers Sketchbook Reveal (1717359)
Posted by griftimus prime on August 11th, 2015 @ 3:50pm CDT
i was very interested in this then i saw it is only 48 pages thick.
Re: Alex Milne Transformers Sketchbook Reveal (1717375)
Posted by Va'al on August 11th, 2015 @ 4:25pm CDT
griftimus prime wrote:i was very interested in this then i saw it is only 48 pages thick.

Sketchbooks tend to be this size, if not smaller. :D
Re: Alex Milne Transformers Sketchbook Reveal (1717433)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 11th, 2015 @ 9:19pm CDT
I love Milnes art. He is my favorite TF artist, with roche a close second and Griffith a closer third :BOT:
Re: Alex Milne Transformers Sketchbook Reveal (1717446)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on August 11th, 2015 @ 10:06pm CDT
Oh man. I want one!
Re: Alex Milne Transformers Sketchbook Reveal (1717537)
Posted by leokearon on August 12th, 2015 @ 2:39am CDT
Looks interesting any idea how much?
Re: Alex Milne Transformers Sketchbook Reveal (1717561)
Posted by jogunwarrior on August 12th, 2015 @ 8:30am CDT
Not usually a big fan of sketchbooks, but Milne's a true talent and one of my favorite artists. I'd love to see him do a larger print run and get a copy!

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #288 - Filler Episode
"Filler Episode"
Posted: Sunday, November 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer 2016 & Snowplow 2017" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots High Tide Rescue Rig Boat Part" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations Fall Of Cybertron Shockwave" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Academy Salvage Converting Toy, 4.5-In" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Power Charge Bumblebee VOLKSWAGEN VW BUG" on EBAY
Buy "The Loyal Subjects - SDCC Exclusive Transformers 8" Dead Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Bumblebee: Cyberverse Adventures - Deluxe Class Grimlock" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Lot Optimus Bumblebee Ironhide Skidz And More" on EBAY