Alex Milne Transformers Sketchbook Reveal

Alex Milne Transformers Sketchbook Reveal

Tuesday, August 11th, 2015 1:10pm CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, People News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 32,041

IDW artist, a fan-favourite working on Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye among many many other titles, Alex Milne has just self-produced his first sketchbook, collecting art from the past number of years he's worked with Transformers - and has shared some shots of it with fans! You can check out the images mirrored below, featuring quite a bit of Megatron, some interiors and some covers shots.

Just wanted to show off the printer proof of my sketchbook that I'm having made for this year

I did one a long time ago, but that was complete crap, so I guess we can say this is my first sketchbook

Very exciting

I have so much work I've done over the years that I wasn't sure what I wanted in the book. In the end I went with Transformers since that's what I'm best known for right now. I will be making other sketchbooks in the future, so I can have other types of work in those

The size for this monster is 8.5 x 8.5 and contains 48 pages. 24 Colour, 24 B&W + an insert page for a possible sketch + cover
It took me a long time to piece this together, and I'm pretty happy with the end results right now

I can't wait to see all of them printed.
At the moment, I'm just doing a very limited run. About 50 copies. I will probably end up making more later, but for right now this is what I can do

Enjoy

Transformers News: Alex Milne Transformers Sketchbook Reveal

Transformers News: Alex Milne Transformers Sketchbook Reveal

Transformers News: Alex Milne Transformers Sketchbook Reveal

Transformers News: Alex Milne Transformers Sketchbook Reveal

Transformers News: Alex Milne Transformers Sketchbook Reveal

Transformers News: Alex Milne Transformers Sketchbook Reveal

Credit(s): Alex Milne

Re: Alex Milne Transformers Sketchbook Reveal (1717340)
Posted by Quinturion on August 11th, 2015 @ 2:59pm CDT
Re: Alex Milne Transformers Sketchbook Reveal (1717344)
Posted by Va'al on August 11th, 2015 @ 3:09pm CDT
Quinturion wrote:Even the pictures of this book look great! Are these for sale anywhere? Because if they are only available at conventions I have a big problem since I live in Europe.

He's coming to Auto Assembly in under two weeks! You coming along to the UK for that? :D
Re: Alex Milne Transformers Sketchbook Reveal (1717347)
Posted by Quinturion on August 11th, 2015 @ 3:23pm CDT
Expensive but indeed possible! :-? ;)
Re: Alex Milne Transformers Sketchbook Reveal (1717359)
Posted by griftimus prime on August 11th, 2015 @ 3:50pm CDT
i was very interested in this then i saw it is only 48 pages thick.
Re: Alex Milne Transformers Sketchbook Reveal (1717375)
Posted by Va'al on August 11th, 2015 @ 4:25pm CDT
griftimus prime wrote:i was very interested in this then i saw it is only 48 pages thick.

Sketchbooks tend to be this size, if not smaller. :D
Re: Alex Milne Transformers Sketchbook Reveal (1717433)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 11th, 2015 @ 9:19pm CDT
I love Milnes art. He is my favorite TF artist, with roche a close second and Griffith a closer third :BOT:
Re: Alex Milne Transformers Sketchbook Reveal (1717446)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on August 11th, 2015 @ 10:06pm CDT
Oh man. I want one!
Re: Alex Milne Transformers Sketchbook Reveal (1717537)
Posted by leokearon on August 12th, 2015 @ 2:39am CDT
Looks interesting any idea how much?
Re: Alex Milne Transformers Sketchbook Reveal (1717561)
Posted by jogunwarrior on August 12th, 2015 @ 8:30am CDT
Not usually a big fan of sketchbooks, but Milne's a true talent and one of my favorite artists. I'd love to see him do a larger print run and get a copy!

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #256 - Netflix and Siege
"Netflix and Siege"
Posted: Tuesday, August 4th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Decepticon SHOCKWAVE  Brand New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Action Attackers: Ultra Class Slipstream Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime & Generations Selects Hot Shot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Botbots Series 1 - Burgertron, Poo Sham & Sticky McGee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Pime Talking BUMBLEBEE Beast Hunters LOOSE Action Figure HTF 2013" on EBAY
Buy "WB Hasbro Collectibles - Transformers Generations Selects Hot Shot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe Lot of 7 DINOBOT HOT SHOT CHEETOR RATCHET Complete! + MORE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Mega Mighties "Hot Shot"  Action Figure" on EBAY