Transformers News: All Transformers Titans Return and Legends Kup Toys Are Revealed to be Misassembled

Tuesday, October 3rd, 2017 3:24PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 34,299

I apologize in advance for you not being able to look at your Kup toys the same way again but b_croco on Twitter has revealed something that slipped under our collective radar for months: Kup is misassembled. The panels on his legs that cover his wheels are on the wrong sides where the panel covering the right wheel should be on the left and vice versa. How do we know? Well look at your Kup and check how the central line between the two decorative boxes does not line up with the line extending beyond it. In truth, by switching those panels, those lines would line up, and the images below that show a fixed Legends Kup, show that. In reality the smaller box should always be closer to the back end of the vehicle, which is not the case of any Kup assembled at the factory.

We have images below showing the problem on both versions along with what a fixed version looks like. The fixing looks very tedious though.

Transformers News: All Titans Return and Legends Kup Toys Are Revealed to be Misassembled

Credit(s): b_croco on Twitter

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: All Transformers Titans Return and Legends Kup Toys Are Revealed to be Misassembled (1914311)
Posted by Sodan-1 on October 3rd, 2017 @ 4:04pm CDT
Re: All Transformers Titans Return and Legends Kup Toys Are Revealed to be Misassembled (1914312)
Posted by DeathReviews on October 3rd, 2017 @ 4:08pm CDT
Sodan-1 wrote:The Kup fix just looks like pop off the panels and swap them. I take it it isn't that simple???

One of the photos clearly shows the use of some kind of SAW. That's where I draw the line ;) If I have to saw up a figure to fix it, then I'll just keep it the way it is, thanks :)
Re: All Transformers Titans Return and Legends Kup Toys Are Revealed to be Misassembled (1914313)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on October 3rd, 2017 @ 4:09pm CDT

Nope, as the panels in question also accommodates the rivets the wheels are connected with. That explains the saw used. Also, Tribute Orion Pax has the same problem.
Re: All Transformers Titans Return and Legends Kup Toys Are Revealed to be Misassembled (1914315)
Posted by primalxconvoy on October 3rd, 2017 @ 4:33pm CDT

As for Hotrod's comic, it's typical "Sikomofo" up to his usual, purile tricks again. He's not exactly the best thing to happen to Japan, or transformers, is he...
Re: All Transformers Titans Return and Legends Kup Toys Are Revealed to be Misassembled (1914316)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on October 3rd, 2017 @ 4:35pm CDT
primalxconvoy wrote:I still can't see or understand what's going on with Kup's supposed parts problems. The photos look like a jumbled mess.

It's purely looks, but the space between the two compartments in question does not line up with the notch above them, creating a jagged effect.
Re: All Transformers Titans Return and Legends Kup Toys Are Revealed to be Misassembled (1914317)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on October 3rd, 2017 @ 4:45pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Yeah, it took me about 5 minutes just to see what the issue was. I'm normally pretty OCD about my figures being as perfect as possible, but this is such a small detail, it doesn't even show up on my OCDometer.
Re: All Transformers Titans Return and Legends Kup Toys Are Revealed to be Misassembled (1914320)
Posted by Kurona on October 3rd, 2017 @ 4:58pm CDT
Hey guys, can we not do this again? Thanks.
Re: All Transformers Titans Return and Legends Kup Toys Are Revealed to be Misassembled (1914336)
Posted by Flashwave on October 3rd, 2017 @ 5:47pm CDT
Hey, not sure if this is "newsworthy", it as a follow up to the Facebook article, it might be worth noting that BBTS has pre-orders up for Lione Seasrpay etc. as well as GodFireConvoy.

Seaspray and Lione @ BBTS 19.99
Top Spin
Twin Twist
Re: All Transformers Titans Return and Legends Kup Toys Are Revealed to be Misassembled (1914345)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on October 3rd, 2017 @ 6:42pm CDT

Big fat NOPE here.
Re: All Transformers Titans Return and Legends Kup Toys Are Revealed to be Misassembled (1914346)
Posted by Qwan on October 3rd, 2017 @ 6:47pm CDT
TF-fan kev777 wrote:So on Kup, is anyone really bothered enough about knowing the leg panels were mis-assembled to actually cut into them and swap them?

Big fat NOPE here.

Not even close. My Tribute Orion Pax doesn't like to cooperate with the leg-panels lining up in vehicle mode so this was originally a ray of hope for me - maybe it's a misassembly that can be fixed, however bad? thought my naive self. Nope, just an aesthetic misassembly that doesn't affect the figure; I guess I'm still just doing it wrong. Still good to know about though, I suppose ;)^
Re: All Transformers Titans Return and Legends Kup Toys Are Revealed to be Misassembled (1914347)
Posted by Sodan-1 on October 3rd, 2017 @ 7:00pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

I see. Sod that, then.
Re: All Transformers Titans Return and Legends Kup Toys Are Revealed to be Misassembled (1914348)
Posted by Kurona on October 3rd, 2017 @ 7:06pm CDT
Re: All Transformers Titans Return and Legends Kup Toys Are Revealed to be Misassembled (1914350)
Posted by Black Hat on October 3rd, 2017 @ 7:08pm CDT
If the product images are anything to go by, Orion Pax also suffers from the misassembly.
Re: All Transformers Titans Return and Legends Kup Toys Are Revealed to be Misassembled (1914351)
Posted by RiddlerJ on October 3rd, 2017 @ 7:20pm CDT

I had to replace my Blitzwing because he came with two left feet, My Octone has the problem with the cab section not closing properly because one side is crooked. Then there was Trypicon.

I've had other figures I've had to return or replace parts for because they came mis-assembled. I don't remember having the problem as much as I see it now, but maybe it's just me.
Re: All Transformers Titans Return and Legends Kup Toys Are Revealed to be Misassembled (1914352)
Posted by Flashwave on October 3rd, 2017 @ 7:23pm CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:The Kup panels alone don't really bug me that much, but I do feel like an overall sloppiness has crept in when it comes to assembling the figures.

I wonder if anyone would have pegged an assembly issue with Kup if there hadnt been so many more obvious QC issues? And if so, I wonder how many asthetic QC issues have gotten past us as a fandom, particularly before the internet allowed us to keep such a vocal record
Re: All Transformers Titans Return and Legends Kup Toys Are Revealed to be Misassembled (1914353)
Posted by primalxconvoy on October 3rd, 2017 @ 7:26pm CDT
Usually this is something that (Takara fans?) people would say was mainly a Hasbro problem, however, IMO, I've noticed more QA problems with products and customer service at Takara since Tomy bought them out/merged with them.
Re: All Transformers Titans Return and Legends Kup Toys Are Revealed to be Misassembled (1914354)
Posted by Qwan on October 3rd, 2017 @ 7:33pm CDT
Kurona wrote:Talking of Tribute Orion Pax, can anyone with both him and a version of Kup check to see if the mis-assembly applies to him as well?

Can confirm looking at mine. I think Jelze also noted the same problem with hers a few posts back? So on top of the stock images featuring the misassembly, I think it's safe to say that every iteration of this mold so far has had the "problem".
Re: All Transformers Titans Return and Legends Kup Toys Are Revealed to be Misassembled (1914358)
Posted by Randomhero on October 3rd, 2017 @ 8:31pm CDT

Big fat NOPE here.

Yeah I’ve owned Kup since January and he looks fine he transforms fine and holds together perfectly fine.

This is the biggest nitpick I’ve ever seen.
Re: All Transformers Titans Return and Legends Kup Toys Are Revealed to be Misassembled (1914359)
Posted by the_neptrix on October 3rd, 2017 @ 8:36pm CDT
Black Hat wrote:Man, it's good to see Shaoshao in fiction that isn't blatantly horrific. I do so love anime Chinese girls. Let's hope poor old Atari gets her time to shine again.

I'd have to agree, though there aren't a lot of them. Some people seem slightly offended, though. Japanese media is just sorta like that.
Re: All Transformers Titans Return and Legends Kup Toys Are Revealed to be Misassembled (1914361)
Posted by thedistinctroom on October 3rd, 2017 @ 8:43pm CDT
Dude, everything is misassembled these days. MPM Prime, my SDCC Metroplex, Trypticon, MP Ramjet, man... tons of stuff. It's like a new trademark.

Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #216 - Prime Galaxy
"Prime Galaxy"
Posted: Sunday, January 27th, 2019

Buy "Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME Battle Base Trailer Cyberverse Energon Axe Attack NEW" on EBAY
Buy "NEW 2018 Transformers Cyberverse Warrior Bumblebee Prime Shockwave Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of The Moon CROWBAR legion hasbro 2010 New cyberverse" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Nightwatch Optimus Prime Bumblebee Brawl Legends" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME Battle Base Trailer cyberverse Energon Axe Attack NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Red Car Sideswipe 4" Easy 1 Step and 7" Transforming" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Arms Micron Ultra Magnus Am-27 Voyager" on EBAY