Almost Official Greenlight For TF Animated Season 3

Almost Official Greenlight For TF Animated Season 3

Wednesday, October 22nd, 2008 12:04pm CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Company News
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 17,029

c21media.net- While many a member of the Transformers Animated cartoon creative community have basically told us that season 3 is a go, they could never officially state that it will happen, and when it will start.

Well, while there is no press release or any official announcement, C21media.net has an article on their website stating that Entertainment Rights (ER) has secured the rights to distribute the next 13 episodes starting in Spring 2009.

Kids media group Entertainment Rights (ER) has secured distribution rights to the latest 13 episodes of Transformers Animated, bringing the total number available to 42.

The announcement follows Cartoon Network US's commission of an additional 13 episodes of the toon for delivery in spring 2009.

Read more by clicking on the post above!

Credit(s): C21Media.net

Re: Almost Official Greenlight For TF Animated Season 3 (819575)
Posted by Hard Hacker on October 22nd, 2008 @ 12:20pm CDT
Hooray.
Re: Almost Official Greenlight For TF Animated Season 3 (819586)
Posted by xxaMaxx on October 22nd, 2008 @ 12:39pm CDT
I only caught a few episodes on TV, but I purchased the "Transform and Roll Out" Pilot DVD and Season 1. This show is great! It's targeted to a young audience, but I find it to be thoroughly enjoyable. And the G1 references are everywhere.

Glad to hear they're making more episodes!
Re: Almost Official Greenlight For TF Animated Season 3 (819587)
Posted by Tekka on October 22nd, 2008 @ 12:41pm CDT
Was there any ever doubt? :wink: I wish the series many more happy years.
Re: Almost Official Greenlight For TF Animated Season 3 (819639)
Posted by Rodimus2006 on October 22nd, 2008 @ 1:38pm CDT
See I told everyone that they would be no new episodes on until Spring-Summer 2009 which is May, June or July.

I also guessed it right that they would be 13 episodes in the season also.

Predacon Rising to me sounds like the last episode of the season and could be the ending of the season meaning it could be a 3 part episode Part 1, 2 & 3 which will mean they will be 42 episodes altogehter.

Also I think they will indeed be a 4th season but it will have only 10 episodes thus making Animated 52 episodes.

But if they make it 60 episodes like http://www.tv.com has listed it could be drug out to a 5th season.

But me I think it will end after season 4. Cause most TF cartoons since Armada have only been 52 episodes.

I see this continuing through Animated not unless they wanna keep it on for awhile and are in no hurry to Produce the Next TF-Cartoon.
Re: Almost Official Greenlight For TF Animated Season 3 (819648)
Posted by Sledge on October 22nd, 2008 @ 1:46pm CDT
*Sledge suddenly turns away and sits down. He falters,
seems almost faint.*

SLEDGE: I felt a great disturbance in the Force...as if hundreds of
Animated haters suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something excellent has happened.
Re: Almost Official Greenlight For TF Animated Season 3 (819656)
Posted by Solrac333 on October 22nd, 2008 @ 1:54pm CDT
I hope the are G1 references all over the place in season 3. In fact every sentence should be "G1 this, G1 that!"
Re: Almost Official Greenlight For TF Animated Season 3 (819674)
Posted by Nekoman on October 22nd, 2008 @ 2:10pm CDT
Sledge wrote:*Sledge suddenly turns away and sits down. He falters,
seems almost faint.*

SLEDGE: I felt a great disturbance in the Force...as if hundreds of

Silenced? Are you kidding? This is great! Now I have another thirteen episodes to excessively complain about!

Kidding aside, it is good news for those who like it. I just fear Hasbro will keep making Animated after the next movie dies down. At which point I’ll be absolutely sick of the Animated/Movie cycle, and spend most of my time elsewhere.

Give us something else Hasbro. :-(
Re: Almost Official Greenlight For TF Animated Season 3 (819707)
Posted by Dead Metal on October 22nd, 2008 @ 2:37pm CDT
Awesome!
I really hate this 13 episodes seasons thing that's been going on lately.
Re: Almost Official Greenlight For TF Animated Season 3 (819711)
Posted by Skullgrin140 on October 22nd, 2008 @ 2:42pm CDT
Sweet! It's really happening! now if season 4 is greenlighted too then this series is officially brought to a full circle :D
Re: Almost Official Greenlight For TF Animated Season 3 (819778)
Posted by Sledge on October 22nd, 2008 @ 3:56pm CDT
Nekoman wrote:Give us something else Hasbro. :-(

Like what? The Armada trilogy? :SICK: As long as they keep the quality up, they can keep churning Animated out as far as I'm concerned. Gotta have something to keep me going through the next asstastic Movie.
Re: Almost Official Greenlight For TF Animated Season 3 (819879)
Posted by i_amtrunks on October 22nd, 2008 @ 5:59pm CDT
If what Derrick Wyatt has been saying then they have not even started to animate Season 3 yet... that gives them less than 9 months to create the season.

And wouldn't a release during the northern hemisphere's spring/summer period clash heavily with the movie sequel? I'm sure that is something Hasbro would be trying to avoid, to allow the Movie product maximum shelf space and product spotlight...

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers MPM-4 Optimus Prime - Takara Movie Masterpiece" on EBAY
Buy "GI JOE # 142 MARVEL COMICS November 1993 SNAKE EYES TRANSFORMERS LOW PRINT RUN" on EBAY
Buy "GI JOE # 141 MARVEL COMICS October 1993 SNAKE EYES TRANSFORMERS LOW PRINT RUN" on EBAY
Buy "GI JOE # 140 MARVEL COMICS September 1993 SNAKE EYES TRANSFORMERS LOW PRINT RUN" on EBAY
Buy "SDCC 2013 Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Soundwave MP-02 Toys R Us US (Takara)" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Earthrise Decepticon Airwave Deluxe Class War for Cybertron" on EBAY
Buy "New Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series MPM-11 Ratchet" on EBAY
Buy "Super 7 Transformers Reaction 2020 Target Exclusive Gold Armor Bumblebee Figure" on EBAY