Alternator Rodimus Confirmed SDCC Exclusive.

Alternator Rodimus Confirmed SDCC Exclusive.

Wednesday, May 23rd, 2007 4:27pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Air Commander Starscream   Views: 12,059

We recently have shown some images for the upcoming Alternator form of Kiss Player Hot Rodimus. It is now confirmed that Alternator Rodimus will be infact a San Diego Comic Con Exclusive, just like last years Nemesis Prime. There is no word yet if Alternator Rodimus will be sold online through the Hasbro Toy Shop, or if it will just be at the convention. Stay tuned to Seibertron.com for more updates!

You can also view the magazine update here.

Credit(s): Exodiatron

Re: Alternator Rodimus Confirmed SDCC Exclusive. (133212)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on May 23rd, 2007 @ 4:45pm CDT
i sooooooo totaly called this one. lol look at the other threads about it. still as cool as it is as an exclusive, ide still rather see a general release, just like they should have done with classics thundercracker.
Re: Alternator Rodimus Confirmed SDCC Exclusive. (133213)
Posted by Sunstar on May 23rd, 2007 @ 4:46pm CDT
Not that I want this... but I am entirely tired of these Exclusives...

I had hoped this was going to be availablet o most people.
Re: Alternator Rodimus Confirmed SDCC Exclusive. (133216)
Posted by MaikeruSama on May 23rd, 2007 @ 4:48pm CDT
Vile MK III wrote:
skywarp-2 wrote:NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

STUPID PUNKAS$ %$%#@%#^ %$%^&%& ^%&*%*&^% &^$% ^$%&* $%*^*&^ MOTHER^&%*^%$$ %#$%^#$^ %#$#%$&% Hasbro ^%&^$ Greedy &*&*^% *&$%^ Isn't there enough stuff at the cons this year!!! what a F^&$$%% &$%$&%$!!! ARRGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

hhhhhuuuhhhhuuuuuhhhhuuuu... Breathe....HUHHUUUAHUAUUHHhhhhhh.........

Thud!....................

(passes out from anger exhaustion)

:shock: ....(does the same) lol

I third that.
Re: Alternator Rodimus Confirmed SDCC Exclusive. (133222)
Posted by tech348 on May 23rd, 2007 @ 4:55pm CDT
Thanks for screwing the fans again Hasbro. Just like with the other classic seekers you screwed the fans yet again.
Re: Alternator Rodimus Confirmed SDCC Exclusive. (133240)
Posted by emeraldbeacon on May 23rd, 2007 @ 5:09pm CDT
Comic-Con's website: http://www.comic-con.org/cci

This happens to be in my backyard, and I'm a full-time attendee every year. This SO makes up for that pathetic "Menasor" they're also trying to pawn off on us. ;)

I do really sympathize with the folks who were looking forward to this, though. It's unfortunate that Hasbro seems to love putting figures that are highly-sought-after by the fans out of said fans' reach.

My opinion... at least they MADE it. If Hasbro didn't make any more 'exclusives', then they wouldn't be able to make all of the cool repaints and resculpts and such that people want. They couldn't justify releasing a new Alternator at this time, and probably couldn't do it in the foreseeable future. It just wouldn't sell enough, this close to the movie. BUT, as an exclusive, they can get closer to their target market (the hardcore collectors that've been fans for years), and still offer the product at a decent price.
Re: Alternator Rodimus Confirmed SDCC Exclusive. (133243)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on May 23rd, 2007 @ 5:11pm CDT
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! God damn it! Hasbro better put it on hasbrotoyshop.com.this frakin blows. theres enough crap at the damn convention. Give us people who cant go something good. Im starting to hate hasbro again. CAN YOU HEAR ME HASBRO! YOU CAN KISS MY SHINY METAL ASS!!!!!

emeraldbeacon wrote:Comic-Con's website: http://www.comic-con.org/cci

if i were to send you some cash would you pick one up and ship it to me?
Re: Alternator Rodimus Confirmed SDCC Exclusive. (133254)
Posted by Roboto750 on May 23rd, 2007 @ 5:20pm CDT
:-x Crap in a hat!!! :-x

What's the deal with the Rodimus theme this year? First, a repaint of 6 inch Titanium Rodimus as Menasaur (or however you spell it), and now this! Well, here goes another bunch of $$$, just like I had to spend for Alt. Nemesis Prime last year. I'm out to own every Alternator release, so this is a must have for me. I don't see why Hasbro only makes this available to SDCC. Why not a bunch of cons in a bunch of states, like WizKids does with their game exclusives (i.e. Heroclix)? :???:
Re: Alternator Rodimus Confirmed SDCC Exclusive. (133261)
Posted by Robinson on May 23rd, 2007 @ 5:29pm CDT
I will also be going to the con so I would be willing to help out with people that are interested, also I work for ups so I can get it shipped to you with a quickness as well. I want one too so hopefully not to expensive.

Anyone interested pm and we'll work something out when we know how much it will be and I can get shipping info for you.

Hopefully there isnt a 1 per person limit or something.
Re: Alternator Rodimus Confirmed SDCC Exclusive. (133291)
Posted by GetterDragun on May 23rd, 2007 @ 5:53pm CDT
I called it!
Re: Alternator Rodimus Confirmed SDCC Exclusive. (133295)
Posted by Redimus on May 23rd, 2007 @ 6:00pm CDT
Exulted Unicron wrote:that meansd a limited run and sky high prices

Nah.
Including postage, I got Nem Prime (their 'exclusive' last year) for £25-27ish. Thats hardly much more than the regular price of alts in this country.
Re: Alternator Rodimus Confirmed SDCC Exclusive. (133320)
Posted by Counterpunch on May 23rd, 2007 @ 6:37pm CDT
GetterDragun wrote:I called it!

Co-sign!
Re: Alternator Rodimus Confirmed SDCC Exclusive. (133322)
Posted by Jedi Kermit on May 23rd, 2007 @ 6:39pm CDT
Well, I'm very unhappy about this. I hope It will be easier to grab one this time around.
Re: Alternator Rodimus Confirmed SDCC Exclusive. (133352)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on May 23rd, 2007 @ 6:57pm CDT
Dam you San Diego!
Re: Alternator Rodimus Confirmed SDCC Exclusive. (133356)
Posted by i_amtrunks on May 23rd, 2007 @ 6:59pm CDT
I hope that he gets a general release in Australia, like last years SDCC figure Nemisis Prime did.
He is a whole lot nicer looking than NP too.

And the SDCC Titanium Menasor is a repaint of Titanium Rodimus too.. interesting, its almost a theme...
Re: Alternator Rodimus Confirmed SDCC Exclusive. (133399)
Posted by Sonray on May 23rd, 2007 @ 7:28pm CDT
Redimus' Ego +1 wrote:
Exulted Unicron wrote:that meansd a limited run and sky high prices

Nah.

Yeah ive seen plenty on ebay for around the same price range. Shame i have no real interest in a Nemesis prime toy though. I woudlnt mind getting a reguler alt prime on the cheap for a re-spray idea i have.
Re: Alternator Rodimus Confirmed SDCC Exclusive. (133430)
Posted by Ninja Sixshot on May 23rd, 2007 @ 7:43pm CDT
if only i could go. and this also kind of destroys our hopes of the alternators after the movie.
Re: Alternator Rodimus Confirmed SDCC Exclusive. (133431)
Posted by dabattousai on May 23rd, 2007 @ 7:43pm CDT
Re: Alternator Rodimus Confirmed SDCC Exclusive. (133434)
Posted by Sonray on May 23rd, 2007 @ 7:47pm CDT
dabattousai wrote:It's time to convince Japan to become apart of the United States, so we don't have to keep buying overpriced TFs that become convention exclusives in the US...

Yes i am sure, amongst all the other politics, that is the number one reason why Japan would give up their independance and become a part of the united states.... :roll: :P
Re: Alternator Rodimus Confirmed SDCC Exclusive. (133448)
Posted by --B-- on May 23rd, 2007 @ 7:51pm CDT
!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&** ^%#@^%%@#%&*&^$ #@#%&&**&^%#@$%^&***!!!!!

Yeah, I said @#$^%%$#%!!
Re: Alternator Rodimus Confirmed SDCC Exclusive. (133452)
Posted by Geekee1 on May 23rd, 2007 @ 7:53pm CDT
Liege Evilmus wrote:Dam you San Diego!

I believe that's "Go f#@! yourself San Diego!"

-Ron Burgundy

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Armada set DUNE RUNNER / ICEBERG / RANSACK Adventure Minicon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Seige War For Cybertron Trilogy Hasbro Chromia Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Kingdom War For Cybertron Trilogy Leader Class Optimus Prime New" on EBAY
Buy "Optimus Prime Transformers Cyberverse Adventures Battle Call Officer Class FIGUR" on EBAY
Buy "TAKARA TOMY Transformers Adventure TAV56 Nemesis Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Expanded Universe Botcon 2002 Glyph Keychain New Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Botcon Europe 2002 Rook Keychain New Sealed" on EBAY