Alternators Rodimus Makes A Stop 'Down Under'

Alternators Rodimus Makes A Stop 'Down Under'

Saturday, September 22nd, 2007 4:34pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors, Collectables
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 30,724

It appears some of our Australian brethren will get another shot at nabbing this highly desirable piece.

According to the Allspark, SDCC Alternator Rodimus will magically be appearing on shelves at select "Mr Toys Toyworlds" in the very near future.

This is very similar to what happened with Alternator Nemesis Prime last year as well.

So let's all start showing our Australian members all sorts of kindness, and maybe, if they can find some, they might pick us up one for a trade.

I'm sure the Australian Sightings Thread will be quite a popular place in the weeks to come!

Good day Mates!

Credit(s): Optimus Prowl @ the Allspark

Re: Alternators Rodimus Makes A Stop 'Down Under' (357404)
Posted by the purifyer on September 22nd, 2007 @ 4:47pm CDT
AW YES!
That's freakin awesome!!!
I was hoping this would happen again! :D
Re: Alternators Rodimus Makes A Stop 'Down Under' (357435)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on September 22nd, 2007 @ 5:03pm CDT
lucky! This is one of the few repaints I regret missing out on.
Re: Alternators Rodimus Makes A Stop 'Down Under' (357456)
Posted by Burn on September 22nd, 2007 @ 5:23pm CDT
Re: Alternators Rodimus Makes A Stop 'Down Under' (357581)
Posted by i_amtrunks on September 22nd, 2007 @ 7:32pm CDT
Dammit, must find a Toyworld somewhere close to Sydney.

This guy is worth the $50 or so they will probably charge for him.
Re: Alternators Rodimus Makes A Stop 'Down Under' (357629)
Posted by Bhaalistik on September 22nd, 2007 @ 8:18pm CDT
Hi all...newbie here :grin:
Just thought I would chime in here for my 1st post to say that SDCC Rodimus is a GREAT piece. I jumped through MANY hoops at the con to get mine (what a nightmare that was!)
Also to say that as much as a lot of people don't like EPay...and not to gloat here folks...but I just found another SDCC Rodimus, and won it, for a mere 26.00 (believe it or don't). I stumbled on it just by chance in the final minutes of it's listing. I think a lot of people missed it because the auction title was for
"SDCC HOTROD" :P
...no complaints from my end though 8)

Cheers all!

-B
Re: Alternators Rodimus Makes A Stop 'Down Under' (357641)
Posted by nintendofreakgcn on September 22nd, 2007 @ 8:27pm CDT
Well, last time I checked, there was a Toyworld in Fremantle, which I can get to on the train, so I'll have to check that out if and when I get the money. I would like to own an Alternator of some description, and the fact that it's a rare one would just make the deal all the sweeter.
Re: Alternators Rodimus Makes A Stop 'Down Under' (357722)
Posted by the_pie1986 on September 22nd, 2007 @ 9:38pm CDT
Does this Toyworld have a branch anywhere in Sydney by any chance? If not I wonder do you guys know the number so i can ask if they would ship one out? I would love to own an alternator. Cheers :)
Re: Alternators Rodimus Makes A Stop 'Down Under' (357748)
Posted by Gutsman Heavy on September 22nd, 2007 @ 9:50pm CDT
yay, now to find one...
Re: Alternators Rodimus Makes A Stop 'Down Under' (357895)
Posted by tom brokaw on September 23rd, 2007 @ 12:05am CDT
luckies!
Re: Alternators Rodimus Makes A Stop 'Down Under' (357919)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on September 23rd, 2007 @ 12:26am CDT
Burn wrote:*sigh* Typical. I shell out heaps to get an "exclusive" and he gets general release, mean while we're yet to see any sign of Frenzy, Ravage or Mirage.

Figures you would get screwed like that, guess we should call you BURNED from now on.
Re: Alternators Rodimus Makes A Stop 'Down Under' (357957)
Posted by bobpiecheese on September 23rd, 2007 @ 1:11am CDT
That would be awesome...if I could care about that particular toy. It's mirage for me, all the way.

Either way, if I happen to see one...i shall severely shit my pants.
Re: Alternators Rodimus Makes A Stop 'Down Under' (358045)
Posted by Fang Wolf on September 23rd, 2007 @ 2:55am CDT
Re: Alternators Rodimus Makes A Stop 'Down Under' (358060)
Posted by City Commander on September 23rd, 2007 @ 3:21am CDT

Go f*** yourselves Hasblo.
Re: Alternators Rodimus Makes A Stop 'Down Under' (358066)
Posted by Burn on September 23rd, 2007 @ 3:45am CDT
Fang Wolf wrote:Didn't Casefresh get Nemesis Prime too? :/ Hope they get Roddy if memory serves correctly.

Unfortunately CaseFresh's website has had the last three Alternators set to arrive in the first two quarters of 2007.

They're a little late. :?
Re: Alternators Rodimus Makes A Stop 'Down Under' (358082)
Posted by TazD on September 23rd, 2007 @ 4:14am CDT

I asked Case Fresh about two months ago about whether they will be getting ALT Rodimus and they said they wouldn't. So I bought mine off Ebay.
Re: Alternators Rodimus Makes A Stop 'Down Under' (358133)
Posted by i_amtrunks on September 23rd, 2007 @ 5:35am CDT
The Master Blaster wrote:Yet Hasbro don't deem it necessary to put ANY alternators on the shelves of UK toy stores?

The last 3 Alts we got were Roddy, Nemesis Prime and Optimus Prime. The last ones before Prime that actually were available on shelves were Dead End, Swindle and Silverstreak, so we deserve to get a new Alt! :P

the_pie1986 wrote:Does this Toyworld have a branch anywhere in Sydney by any chance? If not I wonder do you guys know the number so i can ask if they would ship one out? I would love to own an alternator. Cheers Smile

Not a single proper Toyworld within 50 clicks of Sydney. :-(
Toyworld NSW locations. Camden and Erina about as close as there is.
Hopefully Uncle Pete's get it too.

-EDIT-
Checked out the actual Mr Toys Toyworld site, and its the Brisbane/QLD version of Toyworld. And I'd assume they are owned by the same mother company, as they have the same Purple bear logo/mascot.

Otherwise I'm gonna have to be real nice to some Queenslanders.
Have I mentioned that I actually support QLD in State of Origin? :grin: (I truly do, and I cop crap for it every year)
Re: Alternators Rodimus Makes A Stop 'Down Under' (358145)
Posted by City Commander on September 23rd, 2007 @ 5:44am CDT
i_amtrunks wrote:

Not a single proper Toyworld within 50 clicks of Sydney. :-(
Toyworld NSW locations. Camden and Erina about as close as there is.
Hopefully Uncle Pete's get it too.

I suppose we're kinda in the same sinking boat then.

We got:

Smokescreen (hardly. I could never find him)
Bluestreak
Windcharger
Wheeljack
Swindle
Dead End
Optimus Prime
Ravage V2
Shockblast

That's it.
We were supposed to get Prowl as well, but as always Hasblo pulled out at the last minute. Asses.
Re: Alternators Rodimus Makes A Stop 'Down Under' (358156)
Posted by i_amtrunks on September 23rd, 2007 @ 5:54am CDT
The Master Blaster wrote:I suppose we're kinda in the same sinking boat then.

We got:

Smokescreen (hardly. I could never find him)
Bluestreak
Windcharger
Wheeljack
Swindle
Dead End
Optimus Prime
Ravage V2
Shockblast

That's it.

Sounds like we got mostly the same stuff. I dont remember Wheeljack ever being on shelves, but I think we got Decepticharge (not sure). Other than the ones on the list we had to rely on 1 (occasionally 2) online stores...
Re: Alternators Rodimus Makes A Stop 'Down Under' (358160)
Posted by Dead Metal on September 23rd, 2007 @ 5:57am CDT
The Master Blaster wrote:
i_amtrunks wrote:

Not a single proper Toyworld within 50 clicks of Sydney. :-(
Toyworld NSW locations. Camden and Erina about as close as there is.
Hopefully Uncle Pete's get it too.

I suppose we're kinda in the same sinking boat then.

We got:

Smokescreen (hardly. I could never find him)
Bluestreak
Windcharger
Wheeljack
Swindle
Dead End
Optimus Prime
Ravage V2
Shockblast

That's it.

In Germany we have:

Ravage
Swindle
Shockblast

All just avalible true Overpriced import with asking Hasbro first!
F Hasblo!
Re: Alternators Rodimus Makes A Stop 'Down Under' (359271)
Posted by Mulla on September 23rd, 2007 @ 7:26pm CDT
Burn wrote:

They're a little late. :?

Don't forget, Camshaft is in that group too. So that's four Alternators we're waiting on. If I recall correctly, Camshaft and Mirage were originally meant to ship in November last year, then changed to December, then changed again to Q1. Oh, Casefresh are on the ball. :P

Looking forward to Rodimus. I got Nemesis Orime off Ebayh then found him in stores, so wasn't too happy. Different this time though. And I know the people who run the local Mr Toys around the corner from mine, so they'll keep an eye out for me. Everything's coming up Milhouse!

Trunksie, if you need a hand getting one, I'm sure I can help out. :grin:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "transformers tfcc tfss 1.0 Breakdown" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Blackout Cyberverse Legends" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Reveal the Shield 'G2' Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G2 Reveal the Shield Deluxe Optimus Prime MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "2009 Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen Deluxe Bludgeon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TLK Skullitron NEW MISB - TRU Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Skywarp Phantomstrike  Squadron WFC-S27 War For Cybertron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SIEGE War For Cybertron,FIREDRIVE,TOPSHOT&FLAK,BLACKJACK&HYPERDRIVE" on EBAY