Alternity Megatron - In Color

Alternity Megatron - In Color

Monday, February 2nd, 2009 8:20am CST

Categories: Toy News, Store News
Posted by: Stormrider   Views: 17,251

Japanese online retailer, Mamegyorai, has posted colored pictures of Alternity Megatron. Two versions: Silver & Monterey Blue. The Alternity figures are 1:32 die-cast scale models. Megatron's mold is based on the Nissan Fairlady Z, which will be released in March.

Alternity Megatron In Color
Alternity Megatron In Color

Click here and here to see more.

Credit(s): Mamegyorai

Re: Alternity Megatron - In Color (877610)
Posted by DevastaTTor on February 2nd, 2009 @ 8:29am CST
That blue looks really out of place. The gun metal gray is really nice but in both examples, his head/face just looks really unclear and non-descript. Maybe it's the photos.

Re: Alternity Megatron - In Color (877611)
Posted by Hard Hacker on February 2nd, 2009 @ 8:30am CST
Everybody's blue apart from Bluestreak.
Re: Alternity Megatron - In Color (877617)
Posted by Firebird on February 2nd, 2009 @ 8:45am CST
I like how the silver is darker than the color used on the silver Convoy. This darker shade looks real good.

I'm also surprised how nice the blue looks on the mold as well. Granted it's not my first choice for an alternate color for Megatron, but I am glad I preordered it.
Re: Alternity Megatron - In Color (877622)
Posted by Solrac333 on February 2nd, 2009 @ 8:58am CST
Silver looks awesome!
Re: Alternity Megatron - In Color (877635)
Posted by Ravage XK on February 2nd, 2009 @ 9:30am CST
Yeah, just slap Megatrons head on anything and people will buy it. Dont bother to try and work in his arm cannon or anything, that way you can slap any old head on and get away with it.

The silver version looks awesome, I like it but it no Megatron.
Re: Alternity Megatron - In Color (877636)
Posted by Sid Burn on February 2nd, 2009 @ 9:32am CST
not sure why they made the choice to put these out of scale with the alternators/binaltech.

Would have been nice to have an alt megs
Re: Alternity Megatron - In Color (877637)
Posted by UltraPrimal on February 2nd, 2009 @ 9:34am CST
Re: Alternity Megatron - In Color (877642)
Posted by Baha08 on February 2nd, 2009 @ 9:42am CST
UltraPrimal wrote:I think it's stupid how Megatron comes with 2 swords and wrist mounted blades, but no gun?! Megatron should be synonymous with guns. Megatron=GUN

Wouldn't be no place to put the gun though, Megs has always had his weapon of choice really big. What is he going to do? Mount it to the roof?
Re: Alternity Megatron - In Color (877643)
Posted by Counterpunch on February 2nd, 2009 @ 9:44am CST
What's the point of these things again?

Oh yea...difficult economic times so...we're going to shoot for the niche' collector market.
Re: Alternity Megatron - In Color (877646)
Posted by typh0id on February 2nd, 2009 @ 9:48am CST
DevastaTTor wrote:I just can't get into this line though. IMO, they're just too small for the price, no matter how much diecast they cram into them.

Unfortunately, I have to agree...they are really cool but for that price there's plenty of stuff I'd rather have that is more worth it...I don't think they should be the same general price as Alternators since they are so much smaller...

Re: Alternity Megatron - In Color (877649)
Posted by DevastaTTor on February 2nd, 2009 @ 9:55am CST
Baha08 wrote:

Give the choice of a loose gun/cannon or not having one, I'd take the loose gun any day. I missed the memo where it was written that guns and accessories had to be assimilated in the alt mode. Personally I'm getting sick of getting incomplete looking figures because this seems to be the mentality lately.
Re: Alternity Megatron - In Color (877650)
Posted by King Slick on February 2nd, 2009 @ 10:10am CST
"I am Megatron! If my twin blades don't put your eye out, my extremely dazaling paint job will!"
Re: Alternity Megatron - In Color (877652)
Posted by Ravage XK on February 2nd, 2009 @ 10:15am CST
typh0id wrote:But he's NOT a gun this time...He's a car...Frankly, there are plenty of big-gunned Megatrons to pick from and while that is his "classic" image, I don't see the need to be so rigidly anal that you can't stand the thought of them doing something different with him...

There is a difference between doing something different and not even trying though. Alt Shockwave they did something different but still managed to get his gun hand in place.
Re: Alternity Megatron - In Color (877662)
Posted by shocktrain on February 2nd, 2009 @ 10:29am CST
Wow with a new head mold, that black one could be a Snake Eyes Crossover figure.
Re: Alternity Megatron - In Color (877665)
Posted by Decepticon Spike on February 2nd, 2009 @ 10:39am CST
I'm just not excited about these figures. I really don't now why. I guess they just don't scream "Megatron" to me.
Re: Alternity Megatron - In Color (877671)
Posted by Dead Metal on February 2nd, 2009 @ 10:46am CST
Why didn't they make the mold green, yellow and silver instead of giving us that blue version? I mean that way it would at least be a homage to RID Bludgeon that way the whole Ninja thing would actually have made sense.
Re: Alternity Megatron - In Color (877675)
Posted by UltraPrimal on February 2nd, 2009 @ 10:56am CST
typh0id wrote:

I know they're doing something different with this line. I'm not saying every Megatron has to BE a gun. My favourite Megatrons aren't guns. But every other Megatron has some kind of impressive gun/cannon. Besides, the Optimus in this line has 2 twin wrist mounted guns! Doesn't matter how many of them you have, you never bring a knife to a gun fight. Unless Megatron can pull off some Jedi laser deflecting stuff to get in close enough to be useful in combat.
Re: Alternity Megatron - In Color (877677)
Posted by First-Aid on February 2nd, 2009 @ 11:00am CST
I really like the mold and silver paint job. The blue, not so much. I like the idea of a Megsy with nasty big swords. Gives him the opportunity to destroy his enemies with his bare hands, up close so that he can demonstrate his might over his enemies. Also, did anyone else notice the design of his lower abdominal and waist armor? Very samurai-ish...like a real swordsman.
Re: Alternity Megatron - In Color (877683)
Posted by Rated X on February 2nd, 2009 @ 11:22am CST
Maybe im stuck in the 80's but Im just not feeling Megatron as a car. He is not an autobot. He should transform into an M-16 or an AK-47.
Re: Alternity Megatron - In Color (877687)
Posted by Decepticon Spike on February 2nd, 2009 @ 11:33am CST
My problem isn't that he's not a gun. Heck, one of my favorite Megatron molds is a space ship (Energon Megatron). My problem is that this mold just doesn't have the "Megatron" feel to is, if that makes sense.

Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters cyberverse Predaking" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Generations Select - Voyager - Sandstorm - Loose" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Beetle Bumblebee Spike Volkswagen Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Sandstorm" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2016 Generations Titans Return Deluxe Class SKULLSMASHER & GRAX!" on EBAY
Buy "Takara TOMY Transformers Legends LG32 Chromedome Headmasters Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary SANDSTORM Voyager NEW" on EBAY