Amazon.com Listing for Transformers Power of the Primes Blast Off

Amazon.com Listing for Transformers Power of the Primes Blast Off

Wednesday, January 24th, 2018 3:58pm CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 20,560

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

This is perhaps the least newsworthy listing that could've appeared on online retailer Amazon.com, but it does bring us further confirmation of the release of the Generations Power of the Primes (but really Combiner Wars) Blast Off figures that was initially seen with Weibo (here) and later on ACD Distribution (here).

The listing, which has no description, no price, no images, no dates, does confirm the latter coverage linked above, and comes with an ASIN (the Amazon equivalent of an ISBN) and item number, and is called 'Special Edition'. Make of that what you will, as you join the discussion in the Energon Pub!

ASIN B077YYP738
Item model number E1796


Transformers News: Amazon.com Listing for Transformers Power of the Primes Blast Off

Credit(s): Amazon.com


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Amazon.com Listing for Transformers Power of the Primes Blast Off (1933539)
Posted by Lore Keeper on January 24th, 2018 @ 4:38pm CST
Wish we didn't have to wait until May. I need this in my life now!
Re: Amazon.com Listing for Transformers Power of the Primes Blast Off (1933549)
Posted by RustedCross on January 24th, 2018 @ 5:35pm CST
It weighs 10 pounds???
The whole thing is die cast???

;)
Re: Amazon.com Listing for Transformers Power of the Primes Blast Off (1933551)
Posted by fenrir72 on January 24th, 2018 @ 5:36pm CST
Sabrewing wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Pteranodon and Triceratops are my two favorite dinos,


Pteranodon is not a dinosaur.



I call this the second stage of early childhood development in Freud's theories! :lol:
Re: Amazon.com Listing for Transformers Power of the Primes Blast Off (1933557)
Posted by ZeroWolf on January 24th, 2018 @ 6:11pm CST
So have we confrimed that this is just a straight issue of the takara blast off?
Re: Amazon.com Listing for Transformers Power of the Primes Blast Off (1933561)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on January 24th, 2018 @ 6:35pm CST
ZeroWolf wrote:So have we confrimed that this is just a straight issue of the takara blast off?


If the art is accurate, it's a redeco. Here's a stock photo of the UW figure:

Image

We do have a likely confirmation that he'll come with his original HFG piece and gun, not the PotP Armor Hand.
Re: Amazon.com Listing for Transformers Power of the Primes Blast Off (1933563)
Posted by Albatross250 on January 24th, 2018 @ 6:52pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Lunatic Prime wrote:
Sabrewing wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Pteranodon and Triceratops are my two favorite dinos,


Pteranodon is not a dinosaur.

I saw that review from TFormers ENI I think where he said that like 20 times but why isn't it one?

Its just classification, like where books go in a library. It often gets revised as well. As of right now, scientists say that pteranodons do not belong in the same group called Dinosaurs (and neither do others like the plesiosaur).


To clarify, I aiming at the pop culture definition, which is always a lot broader than the scientific one (I mean, Power Rangers called the Mastodont and Saber Tooth Tiger dinosaurus, while they're mammals and came way after their extinction)

The clade Dinosauria is land-based for the most part, with the included current birds and some ancient Maniraptorians capable of powered flight. Flying reptiles are in the separate, but on the same level, Pterosauria, while marine reptiles are either part of Ichtyosauria or Plesiosauria.

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming.


Is Pteranodon called a flying Dinosaur? :lol: :HEADHURTS:
Re: Amazon.com Listing for Transformers Power of the Primes Blast Off (1933565)
Posted by Albatross250 on January 24th, 2018 @ 6:58pm CST
Looks like i'm satisfied getting the Ducons soon, i mean... building an army of these isn't bad right? :lol:
Re: Amazon.com Listing for Transformers Power of the Primes Blast Off (1933566)
Posted by Albatross250 on January 24th, 2018 @ 7:08pm CST
I never realized that Blot was an Ogre after all. :HEADHURTS:

Image
Re: Amazon.com Listing for Transformers Power of the Primes Blast Off (1933569)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on January 24th, 2018 @ 7:17pm CST
HINT: Edit button next to your Quote one ;)

Albatross250 wrote:Is Pteranodon called a flying Dinosaur? :lol: :HEADHURTS:


No, but birds are ;)

Albatross250 wrote:I never realized that Blot was an Ogre after all. :HEADHURTS:


We can possibly blame Shattered Glass Blot's bio for that, or maybe Prime Beast Hunters. G1 Blot didn't look like anything (even an ambulatory nose would be a good guess), and his instructions just call him "Monster".
Re: Amazon.com Listing for Transformers Power of the Primes Blast Off (1933570)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on January 24th, 2018 @ 7:20pm CST
Seems as if the listing has been updated since this post:

Transformers Special Edition Blast Off Action Figure

Product description
Welcome to the incredible world of Transformers robots. It is a world of high technology, ancient history, and a battle that has spanned the entire galaxy and millions of years. Optimus Prime, leader of the heroic Autobots, battles the tyrant Megatron and his evil Decepticons for the fate of freedom across the universe. There's a Transformers figure for every kid or collector. From big converting action figures to miniature battling robots to figures that change between modes in 1 step, you can team up with Transformers toys to create your own incredible adventures. Whether you're defending earth with the Autobots, or conquering space with the Decepticons, the action is up to you. Transformers is a world-famous entertainment brand with 30 years of history, blockbuster movies, hit television shows and countless novels and comic books. With Transformers robot toys, you can create your own chapters in this epic, ongoing story. Transformers and all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro. This copy is intended as placeholder text only and is not representative of individual items in the line.

Still says it weighs 10 pounds though lol
Re: Amazon.com Listing for Transformers Power of the Primes Blast Off (1933572)
Posted by bvzxa on January 24th, 2018 @ 7:43pm CST
Thanks Hasbro for being jerks and nerfing Takara as far as getting a Hydra/Buster repaint of Darkwing/Dreadwing
Re: Amazon.com Listing for Transformers Power of the Primes Blast Off (1933573)
Posted by Albatross250 on January 24th, 2018 @ 7:46pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:HINT: Edit button next to your Quote one ;)

Albatross250 wrote:I never realized that Blot was an Ogre after all. :HEADHURTS:


We can possibly blame Shattered Glass Blot's bio for that, or maybe Prime Beast Hunters. G1 Blot didn't look like anything (even an ambulatory nose would be a good guess), and his instructions just call him "Monster".

I'ts all Ogre now. :lol: :HEADHURTS:
Re: Amazon.com Listing for Transformers Power of the Primes Blast Off (1933574)
Posted by steals_your_goats on January 24th, 2018 @ 7:54pm CST
bvzxa wrote:Thanks Hasbro for being jerks and nerfing Takara as far as getting a Hydra/Buster repaint of Darkwing/Dreadwing

Hasbro hasn't done anything. They don't own Takara, they don't completely own Transformers these decisions are Takara's and Takara's alone.
Re: Amazon.com Listing for Transformers Power of the Primes Blast Off (1933579)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on January 24th, 2018 @ 8:33pm CST
Albatross250 wrote:I never realized that Blot was an Ogre after all. :HEADHURTS:

Image


So if he got into a skirmish would that be an Ogre Battle?
Re: Amazon.com Listing for Transformers Power of the Primes Blast Off (1933583)
Posted by bvzxa on January 24th, 2018 @ 9:09pm CST
steals_your_goats wrote:
bvzxa wrote:Thanks Hasbro for being jerks and nerfing Takara as far as getting a Hydra/Buster repaint of Darkwing/Dreadwing

Hasbro hasn't done anything. They don't own Takara, they don't completely own Transformers these decisions are Takara's and Takara's alone.


Hasbro owns the Transformer brand, and yes they can tell Takara what to do when it comes to the licence of the brand. With the release of Power of the Primes it has been stated Hasbro told Takara they cannot make any changes to this line. With the fandom for the Japanese G1 Continuity Im sure we would have gotten Hydra and Buster repaints. We probably would have gotten better decos for the PotP line as well.
Re: Amazon.com Listing for Transformers Power of the Primes Blast Off (1933586)
Posted by william-james88 on January 24th, 2018 @ 9:18pm CST
bvzxa wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:
bvzxa wrote:Thanks Hasbro for being jerks and nerfing Takara as far as getting a Hydra/Buster repaint of Darkwing/Dreadwing

Hasbro hasn't done anything. They don't own Takara, they don't completely own Transformers these decisions are Takara's and Takara's alone.


Hasbro owns the Transformer brand, and yes they can tell Takara what to do when it comes to the licence of the brand. With the release of Power of the Primes it has been stated Hasbro told Takara they cannot make any changes to this line.


100% BS. Please provide links to evidence when stating outlandish things like that.
Re: Amazon.com Listing for Transformers Power of the Primes Blast Off (1933589)
Posted by bvzxa on January 24th, 2018 @ 9:47pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
bvzxa wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:
bvzxa wrote:Thanks Hasbro for being jerks and nerfing Takara as far as getting a Hydra/Buster repaint of Darkwing/Dreadwing

Hasbro hasn't done anything. They don't own Takara, they don't completely own Transformers these decisions are Takara's and Takara's alone.


Hasbro owns the Transformer brand, and yes they can tell Takara what to do when it comes to the licence of the brand. With the release of Power of the Primes it has been stated Hasbro told Takara they cannot make any changes to this line.


100% BS. Please provide links to evidence when stating outlandish things like that.

How is it not? Its been talked about since the release of the line for Japan, there will be no more Takara redecos. So how is it BS if the toys have already been revealed from Takara. You go find the links but the proof is in the pudding .
Re: Amazon.com Listing for Transformers Power of the Primes Blast Off (1933590)
Posted by william-james88 on January 24th, 2018 @ 9:51pm CST
bvzxa wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
bvzxa wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:
bvzxa wrote:Thanks Hasbro for being jerks and nerfing Takara as far as getting a Hydra/Buster repaint of Darkwing/Dreadwing

Hasbro hasn't done anything. They don't own Takara, they don't completely own Transformers these decisions are Takara's and Takara's alone.


Hasbro owns the Transformer brand, and yes they can tell Takara what to do when it comes to the licence of the brand. With the release of Power of the Primes it has been stated Hasbro told Takara they cannot make any changes to this line.


100% BS. Please provide links to evidence when stating outlandish things like that.

How is it not? Its been talked about since the release of the line for Japan, there will be no more Takara redecos. So how is it BS if the toys have already been revealed from Takara. You go find the links but the proof is in the pudding .

Thanks for confirming that there is no proof whatsoever.
Re: Amazon.com Listing for Transformers Power of the Primes Blast Off (1933591)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on January 24th, 2018 @ 9:55pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
bvzxa wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
bvzxa wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:
bvzxa wrote:Thanks Hasbro for being jerks and nerfing Takara as far as getting a Hydra/Buster repaint of Darkwing/Dreadwing

Hasbro hasn't done anything. They don't own Takara, they don't completely own Transformers these decisions are Takara's and Takara's alone.


Hasbro owns the Transformer brand, and yes they can tell Takara what to do when it comes to the licence of the brand. With the release of Power of the Primes it has been stated Hasbro told Takara they cannot make any changes to this line.


100% BS. Please provide links to evidence when stating outlandish things like that.

How is it not? Its been talked about since the release of the line for Japan, there will be no more Takara redecos. So how is it BS if the toys have already been revealed from Takara. You go find the links but the proof is in the pudding .

Thanks for confirming that there is no proof whatsoever.


*grabs a random Hasbro Transformers box*

"Manufactured under license from TOMY Company Ltd."

What's that mean?
Re: Amazon.com Listing for Transformers Power of the Primes Blast Off (1933592)
Posted by bvzxa on January 24th, 2018 @ 10:10pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
bvzxa wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
bvzxa wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:
bvzxa wrote:Thanks Hasbro for being jerks and nerfing Takara as far as getting a Hydra/Buster repaint of Darkwing/Dreadwing

Hasbro hasn't done anything. They don't own Takara, they don't completely own Transformers these decisions are Takara's and Takara's alone.


Hasbro owns the Transformer brand, and yes they can tell Takara what to do when it comes to the licence of the brand. With the release of Power of the Primes it has been stated Hasbro told Takara they cannot make any changes to this line.


100% BS. Please provide links to evidence when stating outlandish things like that.

How is it not? Its been talked about since the release of the line for Japan, there will be no more Takara redecos. So how is it BS if the toys have already been revealed from Takara. You go find the links but the proof is in the pudding .

Thanks for confirming that there is no proof whatsoever.


*grabs a random Hasbro Transformers box*

"Manufactured under license from TOMY Company Ltd."

What's that mean?

Even if its under licence, Hasbro owns the brand and IP. That's been established since 1984. All its means is licencee but the IP is Hasbro. If it were Takara's actual brand why did they get the TF line 1 year after the US if they owned it in the first place? Answer that and I'll wait... The toys may have originated form various Takara brands (remember Tomy had it's own brand and was competition for Takara until there merger in 2006) but the actual IP is Hasbro and they have more sway...thus why we are not going to get anymore Takara redecos going forward.

But you guys are the experts so... :BOWDOWN:

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Mirage Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
Twincast / Podcast #278:
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Toys Studio Series 59 Deluxe Class Bumblebee Movie Shatter Action" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Generations - Combiner Wars-AUTOBOT HOUND Figure - Sky Reign Piece" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Studio Series 42 - Construction Long Haul Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 38 Optimus Prime Bumblebee Movie Hasbro 2018 MISP!" on EBAY
Buy "SILVERBOLT AERIALBOT TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE GENERATIONS ULTRA CLASS 2008 MISB" on EBAY
Buy "2016 Hasbro Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Laserbeak + Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "AUTOBOT JAZZ figure TRANSFORMERS tiny titans TOY (no card) robots in disguise" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS ER EX-18 IRONHIDE & PROWL Figure MIB by Takara Tomy" on EBAY