Amazon.com - Platinum Predaking Reissue Pre-Orders

Amazon.com - Platinum Predaking Reissue Pre-Orders

Monday, July 1st, 2013 9:55am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Company News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 26,706

Following the news from BBTS, we can announce that Amazon.com has also added its pre-orders for the shared exclusive Platinum Edition Predaking, priced at $119.99. The listing reveals that the figure will be available as of September 16 2013.

Amazon.com - Platinum Predaking Reissue Pre-Orders

Credit(s): Amazon.com

Re: Amazon.com - Platinum Predaking Reissue Pre-Orders (1499850)
Posted by HairyDawg on July 1st, 2013 @ 10:33am CDT
Re: Amazon.com - Platinum Predaking Reissue Pre-Orders (1499857)
Posted by necr0blivion on July 1st, 2013 @ 11:24am CDT
Re: Amazon.com - Platinum Predaking Reissue Pre-Orders (1499858)
Posted by TreyTable on July 1st, 2013 @ 11:27am CDT
HairyDawg wrote:I am going to go broke buying Transformers! This, Metroplex, MP Acid Storm, MP Soundwave, plus all the other regular issue figures... Yikes!

Makes me glad I already got Fort Max and MP Soundwave, but I feel it too, with Metroplex, MP Acid Storm, plus Saint's Row IV, Grand Theft Auto 5, Gran Turismo 6, and even then there's the PS4 and Xbox One.. and the inevitable possibility of an 'MP-13b - Soundblaster.'
Re: Amazon.com - Platinum Predaking Reissue Pre-Orders (1499882)
Posted by hinomars19 on July 1st, 2013 @ 1:02pm CDT
necr0blivion wrote:Didn't notice this from the BotCon pictures, but Predaking is wielding a gold version of BH Optimus Prime's sword??? That's a neat bonus, compared to just using Razorclaw's sword.

Indeed.
Although the one time up-scaling something would've actually been cool they miss a trick.
There's no dealing with these people >:oP

Will he have all the stickers? Like the TT reissue did?
Re: Amazon.com - Platinum Predaking Reissue Pre-Orders (1499897)
Posted by Metrosuplex on July 1st, 2013 @ 1:54pm CDT

So then there's a proper sword? That gold DAGGER is hardly a sword... :roll:

$120 is still kind of high, but $24 for each piece of a reprinted, brand new 80s toy? :-B I suppose that's not unreasonable! ;;)
Re: Amazon.com - Platinum Predaking Reissue Pre-Orders (1499947)
Posted by Manterax Prime on July 1st, 2013 @ 5:17pm CDT
Re: Amazon.com - Platinum Predaking Reissue Pre-Orders (1499954)
Posted by Yweggo on July 1st, 2013 @ 6:16pm CDT
Manterax Prime wrote:What I absolutely hate about this is that if Hasbro is doing 30 Platinum releases for the 30th anniversary, WHY THE F*CK ARE THEY ONLINE EXCLUSIVE???!!! WHO'S F*CKING IDEA WAS THAT????

This guy seems mad.

Not that I blame him mind you, I feel the same way.
Re: Amazon.com - Platinum Predaking Reissue Pre-Orders (1499976)
Posted by Stormrider on July 1st, 2013 @ 7:43pm CDT
Looks like they went with the shiny gold paint like the last Takara release.
Re: Amazon.com - Platinum Predaking Reissue Pre-Orders (1500040)
Posted by noctorro on July 2nd, 2013 @ 12:37am CDT
Hopefully he won't be over 195 dollars in The Netherlands.
I really want a nice new Predaking.
Re: Amazon.com - Platinum Predaking Reissue Pre-Orders (1500050)
Posted by alldarker on July 2nd, 2013 @ 2:20am CDT
I'll pass on this one.
I'va already got the first Takara (yellow) re-issue, and I also own the 2010 version, which looks like this one. The Star Saber he's now issued with is still way too small: I upgraded mine with the Crazy Devy (CDMW-14)sword which is the perfect intimidating size.
Re: Amazon.com - Platinum Predaking Reissue Pre-Orders (1500106)
Posted by GuyIncognito on July 2nd, 2013 @ 8:12am CDT
If I already had Predaking, in any previous version, I wouldn't see any reason to buy this, especially at that price.

I don't have one, though, and he'd look great in my display case next to the BBTS exclusive Piranacon. But I only paid $40 for Piranacon, so I'm having trouble swallowing the $120 price tag for Predaking. I wonder if they'll end up putting Predaking on clearance a year from now?

Regarding these Platinum figures being online exclusives: it makes it difficult to get them, but the flip side is that they're more likely to appreciate in value. It makes them Collector's Items.
Re: Amazon.com - Platinum Predaking Reissue Pre-Orders (1500233)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 2nd, 2013 @ 3:04pm CDT
Golden Star Saber? :shock: :???:

Also, Tantrum's new name is "Torox".

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers BLAST OFF and MEGATRONUS Amazon Exclusive Combiner Wars Prime" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Titans Return Wheelie Generations Legends Rare Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Onslaught Combaticons Leader Combiner Wars In Box" on EBAY
Buy "?? Transformers Titans Return Legends COSMOS & SEASPRAY figure Lot Authentic" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return TRYPTICON Factory Sealed MISB HASBRO" on EBAY