And The New Name Is... B.O.T.S.

And The New Name Is... B.O.T.S.

Tuesday, March 18th, 2008 4:40pm CDT

Category: Event News
Posted by: Raymond T.   Views: 12,767

As reported earlier on Seibertron, the Dutch/Belgian Transformers convention that was known as Transformations, was asked earlier this month to change their name by Hasbro US. To determine the new name a competition was created. The new name is B.O.T.S.

The following has been taken directly from their website and translated into English.

"The name for the Transformers Convention is known: B.O.T.S.

We have in one week's time received more that 150 suggestions! The team of the convention have put together a pre-selection last week and presented this to Hasbro The Netherlands and Hasbro USA. After deliberation the name B.O.T.S. was determined as the winner.

We would like to congratulate Marco Reubzaet! His suggestion turned out to be the best one. He will receive free admittance to B.O.T.S. He will also be allowed inside before the doors open and will receive a T-shirt the logo of the convention.

We would like to thank everyone again who submitted their suggestion!!
".

Update:
The convention now has a new website where you can get all the information.

bots-nl.com

Credit(s): www.trypticon.nl

This article was last modified on Thursday, March 20th, 2008 3:41pm CDT

Re: And The New Name Is... B.O.T.S. (658897)
Posted by saberconvoy on March 18th, 2008 @ 4:50pm CDT
I got scared for a second because i thought that they were renaming the hole transformers series bots after the game i use to play

i really got scared but good for them.
Re: And The New Name Is... B.O.T.S. (658915)
Posted by neliz on March 18th, 2008 @ 5:01pm CDT
nothing to do in June? GO BOTS!
Re: And The New Name Is... B.O.T.S. (658920)
Posted by First Gen on March 18th, 2008 @ 5:05pm CDT
Not only was it dumb to have to rename it anyway, but Hasbro okays the name of their number one competition in the 80's.

Life comes full circle again. Time to break out CyKILL!!!! :twisted:
Re: And The New Name Is... B.O.T.S. (659041)
Posted by Calenatarion on March 18th, 2008 @ 6:42pm CDT

I know that you guys did it to keep this cooperation nice and smoothly, Raymond. But don't you think it's a bit too much of Hasbro to ask you gys to change the name?
Re: And The New Name Is... B.O.T.S. (659157)
Posted by Blurrz on March 18th, 2008 @ 10:14pm CDT
For a second there I thought Bid Bad Toy Store changed their name to Big Old Toy Store. Yikes.
Re: And The New Name Is... B.O.T.S. (659269)
Posted by Raymond T. on March 19th, 2008 @ 5:32am CDT
Calenatarion wrote:I liked Transformations better to be honest... And IIRC, Hasbro doesn't own the name Transformations. What are they bitching about anyways?

Well... I wanted to fight for the name. I like Transformations a whole lot better than B.O.T.S. But after a name like OTFCC, I shouldn't have been surprised that that is the name Hasbro US chose. :-(

One of the bigger reasons we decided was that we didn't want to lose more time than needed. If this turned into a drag and pull race over the fact if we could or could not use the name, despite the fact that Hasbro would lose that fight, we'd have to drop everything we are doing until it was resoved. Which would mean no Tra... Erm... B.O.T.S. on June 8th!

When are you on MSN again? We could talk into more detail.
Re: And The New Name Is... B.O.T.S. (659281)
Posted by Calenatarion on March 19th, 2008 @ 6:09am CDT
Raymond T. wrote:

When are you on MSN again? We could talk into more detail.

I see, too bad but I understand your choice.

I'm not sure when I'll be on MSN. Although I'll be home quite a lot (I've got a burn-out..) I'm not alyways on the computer because of headaches and pain in my neck. I'll keep an eye on you online, it'll be nice to talk to you again after such a long time. :)

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers thrilling 30 springer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Deluxe Bluestreak! War for Cybertron Walmart Exclusive Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber & KFC Simba Signature Edition LE 499" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers-  Combiner Wars- Aerialbots (Superion)- Air Raid Skydive Firefly" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Series Action Figure: LG23 Galvatron" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Victory G1 Takara 1989 Complete C-324 STAR SABER Headmasters Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Offroad SEALED CW G1 Generations Menasor Stunticons" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Breakdown SEALED CW G1 Menasor Generations Stunticons" on EBAY