Another look at the Blue Botcon Dinosaur!

Another look at the Blue Botcon Dinosaur!

Friday, June 11th, 2010 9:53pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Mkall   Views: 31,244

No, it's not G2 Grimlock, but instead homages a Generation 2 Firecon! Or possibly the one that was never produced. Cindersaur is the rumoured name of this figure, who is a repaint of Cybertron Megatron. Member s250 has posted some new images of this figure, including the robot mode!

See the images!

Stay tuned to Seibertron.com and we'll bring you all the Botcon news before, during and after the convention!

Credit(s): s250

Re: Another look at the Blue Botcon Dinosaur! (1085174)
Posted by Name_Violation on June 11th, 2010 @ 9:57pm CDT
Re: Another look at the Blue Botcon Dinosaur! (1085175)
Posted by Mkall on June 11th, 2010 @ 10:01pm CDT
never was a huge fan of this figure, but that won't stop me from getting it!
Re: Another look at the Blue Botcon Dinosaur! (1085179)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on June 11th, 2010 @ 10:09pm CDT
Any pictures of the figure he's based on? TFwiki doesn't seem to have it.

As opposed to most others it seems, I like this mold. It's fun to fiddle with and there's a wide range of poses you can put it in.
Re: Another look at the Blue Botcon Dinosaur! (1085181)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on June 11th, 2010 @ 10:12pm CDT
Doesn't really match Cindersaurs colours, except maybe the purple being the same shade of purple on Cindersaur as well as the green face. Other than that then really there isn't anything there to say weather it might be him other than the rumor. Maybe if there were alot more yellow.
Re: Another look at the Blue Botcon Dinosaur! (1085182)
Posted by Tirade on June 11th, 2010 @ 10:14pm CDT
This is probably one of the weakest offerings from the 2010 set we have seen thus far. I don't dislike the mold, but it's hardly my favorite. I know he fits the G2 them with those colors, but I still don't like the look of him. Ugly. Besides, I only see BW Megatron with that head.
Re: Another look at the Blue Botcon Dinosaur! (1085185)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on June 11th, 2010 @ 10:27pm CDT
Maybe we're supposed to think BW Megs? With 3 leaders from the Euro-exclusive blurry pre-G2 era, maybe he's supposed to symblize the blurry post G2 era, before Beast Wars had a strong enough story to make us not see it as a continuation of Generation 2.

And though this is an appropriately G2-esque repaint...it's SO nutty that it makes me think the character's backstory is that he's a knock-off who kept gaining power until he evolved into an actual TF. Granted, I might feel differently if the jury wasn't still out on exactly who he's supposed to be.

And he's the last one? So many nooks and crannies of G2 explored, and not a single mint-and-white member of the Cybertronian legions. *sigh* But I only care about that because I stuck with everything about G2 though its darkest hours, so I WILL dutifully try to get every last figure from this set.
Re: Another look at the Blue Botcon Dinosaur! (1085193)
Posted by Seibertron on June 11th, 2010 @ 10:54pm CDT
This is a pretty far stretch if he's supposed to be Flamefeather or Sparkstalker. I'm thinking he's got to be someone else.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ther/1028/

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... lker/1030/
Re: Another look at the Blue Botcon Dinosaur! (1085202)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on June 11th, 2010 @ 11:05pm CDT
Just a thought, I might be wrong though. What if they just name him Firecon? As if he were an amalgamation of all three of them so he's not supposed to be any single one? I dunno where the blue is coming from for that, but it's a possibility.
Re: Another look at the Blue Botcon Dinosaur! (1085282)
Posted by Bass X0 on June 12th, 2010 @ 2:41am CDT
It'll be G2 Cindersaur. The missing Firecon. The other two G2 Firecons have green and purple plastic plus a translucent color, as does this toy.

Its a completely new color scheme but one that follows the theme set by the actual G2 Firecons.
Re: Another look at the Blue Botcon Dinosaur! (1085315)
Posted by Prime Riblet on June 12th, 2010 @ 5:52am CDT
Name_Violation wrote:Am i the only one who thinks it looks like that dino is wearin his insides on his outside?

You are totally right, and I think I am disgusted.
Re: Another look at the Blue Botcon Dinosaur! (1085317)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on June 12th, 2010 @ 6:04am CDT
This is just my opinion so please don't be offended as opinions vary but that thing is ugly.
Re: Another look at the Blue Botcon Dinosaur! (1085351)
Posted by GEEWUN on June 12th, 2010 @ 8:48am CDT
I am really digging the NEON!!!
Re: Another look at the Blue Botcon Dinosaur! (1085373)
Posted by Dead Metal on June 12th, 2010 @ 9:46am CDT
Wow that is the worst version of that mold to date and it wasn't cool to start out.
Re: Another look at the Blue Botcon Dinosaur! (1085379)
Posted by Blurrz on June 12th, 2010 @ 10:00am CDT
Damn, that is just funky.
Re: Another look at the Blue Botcon Dinosaur! (1085403)
Posted by Malicron on June 12th, 2010 @ 11:09am CDT
It wasn't a great figure to begin with, and it's not improved by the patented "retina burn" G2 color scheme.
Re: Another look at the Blue Botcon Dinosaur! (1085442)
Posted by JRFitzpatrick7 on June 12th, 2010 @ 12:53pm CDT

Does the reveal of this figure mean that we will not be getting a scorpion type figure?
Re: Another look at the Blue Botcon Dinosaur! (1085447)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on June 12th, 2010 @ 12:59pm CDT
JRFitzpatrick7 wrote:I'll be getting 2 of the whole line at some point including this figure, his gaudy color scheme has a strange appeal to me. In my opinion, the fact that he isn't a real world vehicle makes it ok that he has such a color pallet.

He's still in it, otherwise we wouldn't make the figure quota:

1 Freebee ("Slicer")
1 Troopbuilder model ("Sharkticon")
4 Souvenir figures ("Double Punch", Rapido, Scorch, "Cindersaur")
Re: Another look at the Blue Botcon Dinosaur! (1085467)
Posted by Chaoslock on June 12th, 2010 @ 1:54pm CDT

Seriously, who came up with that colour scheme?
Re: Another look at the Blue Botcon Dinosaur! (1085470)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on June 12th, 2010 @ 2:06pm CDT
Chaoslock wrote:Image

Seriously, who came up with that colour scheme?

Maybe it's an unused one for G2 Cindersaur?
Re: Another look at the Blue Botcon Dinosaur! (1085487)
Posted by HighPrime on June 12th, 2010 @ 2:57pm CDT
Lots of people down on this mold, but not me; one of my favorites. Looks great in those colors and I agree with a few of the other posts in that it looks like he's wearing his guts..awesome. I think this is my favorite behind Spark now.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers thrilling 30 springer" on EBAY
Buy "Action Figure Transformers Unite Warriors UW08 Computron Ver. by.TakaraTomy" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Series Action Figure: LG23 Galvatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Soundblaster with Buzzsaw Figure MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Authentic Transformers Bombshell Combiner Wars" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends series LG20 Skids" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS **KINGDOM WFC-K9 CYCLONUS NEW** VOYAGER CLASS GENERATIONS SIEGE" on EBAY
Buy "transformers combiner wars alpha bravo" on EBAY