Another New Stop Motion Video Featuring MPM-8 Megatron and MPM-9 Jazz

Transformers News: Another New Stop Motion Video Featuring MPM-8 Megatron and MPM-9 Jazz

Saturday, March 9th, 2019 9:21PM CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 32,193

After yesterday's Stop motion video for MPM-8 Megatron, we have yet another Stop Motion to share with you today sponsored by Hasbro, this time advertising both MPM-8 Megatron and MPM-9 Jazz!

The new video does include some overlap to yesterday's video, but features a ton of new Megatron footage, a bunch of new Jazz footage, and some soundbites taken from the 2007 movie and other sources such as the 1986 movie! It showcases some of the articulation, the weapons, the transformation, and even Jazz's split in half to recreate his death moment. This once more comes to us from the 變形金剛同樂會 Facebook page, which you can check out by following this link.

Check out the video below, and let us know what you think of this latest Stop Motion video for the upcoming Masterpiece Movie figures!

Credit(s): 變形金剛同樂會 Facebook page
Re: Another New Stop Motion Video Featuring MPM-8 Megatron and MPM-9 Jazz (2014112)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 9th, 2019 @ 9:25pm CST
From the side it does look big for a backpack. But I've seen much, much worse.

I'm also glad to see that I'm not alone in seeing how "normal" is the price of that Megatron.
Re: Another New Stop Motion Video Featuring MPM-8 Megatron and MPM-9 Jazz (2014115)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on March 10th, 2019 @ 12:02am CST
Whoa, that second video is rather violent for a stop motion ad for a toy.
Re: Another New Stop Motion Video Featuring MPM-8 Megatron and MPM-9 Jazz (2014119)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on March 10th, 2019 @ 1:04am CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:

This is awesome. Also Jazz, is fine, he starts the video by being in two pieces anyways. :)
Re: Another New Stop Motion Video Featuring MPM-8 Megatron and MPM-9 Jazz (2014124)
Posted by DMSL on March 10th, 2019 @ 3:24am CDT
Re: Another New Stop Motion Video Featuring MPM-8 Megatron and MPM-9 Jazz (2014125)
Posted by Emerje on March 10th, 2019 @ 3:43am CDT
DMSL wrote:I see way too much grey in this figure, it should be silver instead. I need to see him next to MPM Prime. I hope he isn't towering over him because if that is the case i won't be getting him. HasTak needs to stop making Megatron bigger than Prime, it is not accurate.

Exactly which movies were you watching?

And I'm pretty sure he's dark silver plastic instead of gray, there's a bit of a sheen to it that doesn't show up great on camera.

Emerje
Re: Another New Stop Motion Video Featuring MPM-8 Megatron and MPM-9 Jazz (2014127)
Posted by Agent 53 on March 10th, 2019 @ 4:04am CDT
Does anyone know where the dialouge came from, sounds like one of the games.
Re: Another New Stop Motion Video Featuring MPM-8 Megatron and MPM-9 Jazz (2014133)
Posted by DMSL on March 10th, 2019 @ 8:34am CDT
Emerje wrote:

Exactly which movies were you watching?

Emerje

In the movie Megatron isn't that big compared to Prime. That scale picture is not accurate. Megatron is bulkier than Prime, but he is not towering over him. Just look at the forest battle in ROTF.
Re: Another New Stop Motion Video Featuring MPM-8 Megatron and MPM-9 Jazz (2014137)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 10th, 2019 @ 9:53am CDT
DMSL wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Exactly which movies were you watching?

Emerje

Overquoting because mobile posting. You said it. ROTF. This here is '07 Megs. A different form.
Re: Another New Stop Motion Video Featuring MPM-8 Megatron and MPM-9 Jazz (2014139)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on March 10th, 2019 @ 10:15am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:

RotF scale chart says Megatron is 35 feet tall in that too. It's really difficult to find suitable pics in the films cos there's no point where Prime and Megatron just peacefully stand next to each other. :P

Closest thing I could find in RotF after Megs has killed Prime on his sword/cannon before Prime flops dead to the ground. Megatron doesn't look hugely bigger.
Transformers 2 - Revenge of the Fallen.mp4_snapshot_01.02.30.426.jpg

Yet in this close up shot from the 2007 film, Megatron's head looks way bigger than Prime's.
Transformers.mp4_snapshot_02.00.48.377.jpg

2007 promo pic shows Megs quite a big bigger though this picture shows slightly earlier character models than the ones used in the film and have some notable differences.
Optimus-versus-Megatron-transformers-72749_800_430.jpg
Re: Another New Stop Motion Video Featuring MPM-8 Megatron and MPM-9 Jazz (2014157)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on March 10th, 2019 @ 2:14pm CDT
Keep in mind though.... that in the first movie Megs isn’t chicken legged like he ends up in the other movies. Like the toys, that height starts to vary based on how extended his legs are.
Re: Another New Stop Motion Video Featuring MPM-8 Megatron and MPM-9 Jazz (2014271)
Posted by Springer1517 on March 11th, 2019 @ 7:53pm CDT
Even though I was never a fan of Megatron's design in the first move, I have to say this figure looks amazing.
Re: Another New Stop Motion Video Featuring MPM-8 Megatron and MPM-9 Jazz (2014343)
Posted by Seibertron on March 12th, 2019 @ 10:07am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:That is MASSIVE!

And i really don't think they could have got him any more perfect. I love him. That right there is exactly what i wanted in an update to my first ever Transformer

I am very happy for you. They updated my first ever Transformer a few years ago and it is such a poor update that I wouldnt call it an update at all and more of an homage.

Transformers Generations Dreadwing Gallery

I 100% agree. G2 Dreadwing and Smokescreen are 2 of my all-time favorites as well (man I really need to do their galleries one day soon). They had a very unique look and were my very first "poseable" Transformers, alongside G2 Hero Optimus Prime, all 3 of which I got for Christmas 1994. The Dreadwing set was my last Transformers toy that my Grandma bought me. I don't even think most action figures were that poseable back then, so it was pretty amazing to me to see Transformers that had that many joints, like they walked off the cartoon screen!
Re: Another New Stop Motion Video Featuring MPM-8 Megatron and MPM-9 Jazz (2014354)
Posted by B.A. Duggins on March 12th, 2019 @ 12:17pm CDT
I would love to have him. So accurate. But if there is a Studio Series of Megatron from 2007, I wouldn’t worry about him being expensive.
Re: Another New Stop Motion Video Featuring MPM-8 Megatron and MPM-9 Jazz (2015273)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 19th, 2019 @ 6:12pm CDT
Thanks to a heads up from Seibertronians Riley Hoffman and What's Crackin', we have word that tonton reviews has uploaded a new video review, this time in the form of Movie Masterpiece MPM-8 Megatron! The video review shows off Megatron in both modes, his transformation both ways, as well as accessory storage and size comparisons.

What is really interesting about the transformation is that it appears as though, despite how complex he was made out to be, most of Megatron's transformation steps appear to be involving his wings and front jet cannon, as well as moving all his soft plastic pointy bits into place.

It is also interesting to note that Megatron has a lot of softer plastic for all his sharp parts. He is also just dang HUGE, towering a full head and then some taller than MPM-4 Optimus Prime and even his 2009 Revenge of the Fallen Leader class toy. Heck, MPM-7 Bumblebee only comes up to his crotch, showing us how big this massive new MPM is going to be.

Check out the video review below, and let us know what you think in the comments section below!

Re: Another New Stop Motion Video Featuring MPM-8 Megatron and MPM-9 Jazz (2015274)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 19th, 2019 @ 6:14pm CDT
Just saying, he is going to be well worth the money. He is huge, and he looks really good. And the quality appears to be good as well, in contrast to the previous larger MPMs
Re: Another New Stop Motion Video Featuring MPM-8 Megatron and MPM-9 Jazz (2015286)
Posted by Ironhidensh on March 19th, 2019 @ 7:02pm CDT
I need some info on Jazz...…..
Re: Another New Stop Motion Video Featuring MPM-8 Megatron and MPM-9 Jazz (2015288)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 19th, 2019 @ 7:07pm CDT
I'm sold.

I must have that Megs! :x
Re: Another New Stop Motion Video Featuring MPM-8 Megatron and MPM-9 Jazz (2015340)
Posted by Emerje on March 20th, 2019 @ 6:21am CDT
Still images really don't do justice to how shiny he is. There have been a lot of complaints about him being gray plastic, but when you see him in motion he appears to be mostly silver plastic with a few gray accent parts. I usually don't like that sort of contrast, but it works on a giant, monstrous alien robot. ;)^

Emerje
Re: Another New Stop Motion Video Featuring MPM-8 Megatron and MPM-9 Jazz (2015343)
Posted by What's Crackin'? on March 20th, 2019 @ 6:56am CDT
That's cool, and all but I need more info on the MPM Jazz. I really want to get that guy.
Re: Another New Stop Motion Video Featuring MPM-8 Megatron and MPM-9 Jazz (2015605)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on March 22nd, 2019 @ 9:35am CDT
Anyone else find it odd that there’s a video review for this Megatron when we still don’t have one for BW Megatron, and he’s the one releasing in about a week?

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #219 - Big Cat Convoy
"Big Cat Convoy"
Posted: Monday, March 18th, 2019

Buy "Transformers AoE Bumblebee VS Lockdown" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Hollywood Rides Metals Die Cast Truck Jada Car Toys" on EBAY
Buy "HIGH OCTANE BUMBLEBEE TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION ACTION FIGURE, UNOPENED" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Thrilling 30 Sky-Byte Generations New" on EBAY
Buy "Age of Extinction Bumblebee 17 Inch Plush Wrestling Buddy by Transformers New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Lockdown Age of Extinction Complete with Promo Poster" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE RID SHARKTICON DELUXE ROBOTS IN DISGUISE NEW SEALED!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SOUNDWAVE & DOOMBOX Bumblebee Movie G1 Leader Class Target Excusive" on EBAY