Another Spotlight Announcement... & It's Who We Least Expected!!

Another Spotlight Announcement... & It's Who We Least Expected!!

Friday, October 19th, 2007 4:04am CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Digital Media News
Posted by: i_amtrunks   Views: 20,214

Seibertron member Repugnus has reported another Furman blog update with another Spotlight announcement.

And this should surprise all of you who have been paying attention to all that Furman has said concerning the future of the IDW comics...

Don't know what's going on?

Maybe this will help:
we’ll just say for now that a certain Jhiaxus has been ‘dabbling’ and Arcee is not happy about it one little bit. In fact, she’s pretty darn homicidal!

Click here to find out more, or simply scroll down to have a gander at the line art for the cover...

Credit(s): Repugnus

Re: Another Spotlight Announcement... & It's Who We Least Expected!! (409932)
Posted by i_amtrunks on October 19th, 2007 @ 4:09am CDT
Front Paged and Credited.

This will be interesting to read, Bet this Arcee is nothing like her G1 counterpart, and that can only be a good thing.

Anyone else noticing a trend to have crazy post movie cast... Kup, Arcee, and even Springer to a point...
Re: Another Spotlight Announcement... & It's Who We Least Expected!! (409944)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on October 19th, 2007 @ 4:23am CDT
Re: Another Spotlight Announcement... & It's Who We Least Expected!! (409946)
Posted by Stormrider on October 19th, 2007 @ 4:29am CDT
This is one character that I have wanted to learn a lot about.
Re: Another Spotlight Announcement... & It's Who We Least Expected!! (409998)
Posted by Relic Dinobot on October 19th, 2007 @ 5:20am CDT
Never would have guessed. Nice to see that, judging from the cover, it won't be the mother-hen Arcee but someone who seems to be a tad more unhinged we'll be reading about.
Re: Another Spotlight Announcement... & It's Who We Least Expected!! (410044)
Posted by Big Grim on October 19th, 2007 @ 6:21am CDT
Art looks great and I am liking the idea of Arcee finally being more Warrior than Mother Hen or token Female. Have her stand shoulder to shoulder with the arse kickers!
Re: Another Spotlight Announcement... & It's Who We Least Expected!! (410045)
Posted by Blozor on October 19th, 2007 @ 6:21am CDT
Looks like Furman found a way to justify female Transformers after all.
Re: Another Spotlight Announcement... & It's Who We Least Expected!! (410048)
Posted by Judge Deliberata on October 19th, 2007 @ 6:34am CDT
Re: Another Spotlight Announcement... & It's Who We Least Expected!! (410052)
Posted by Tigertrack on October 19th, 2007 @ 6:45am CDT
Guess we know where Fort Max is coming up, don't we? (Looks at B/W pic on news page...)

Hmmm....fun. I wouldn't say it was unexpected, but it is a good thing, at least, I think it's a good thing.
Re: Another Spotlight Announcement... & It's Who We Least Expected!! (410054)
Posted by Tigertrack on October 19th, 2007 @ 6:47am CDT

Now I keep looking at that picture and wondering if my Fort Max statement was true. The head really reminds me of his (on the left), but the chest and shoulders do not, which is fine, because I would imagine this is a pre-headmasters style.
Re: Another Spotlight Announcement... & It's Who We Least Expected!! (410055)
Posted by Leonardo on October 19th, 2007 @ 6:50am CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:Also, since she is involved with Jhiaxus, it might be that she was on the original ship crew. Or somehow she has found him as part of the lost crew.

If that's true, then maybe that explains why there are feminine robots in Megatron: Origin and none in any of Furman's "present day" work to date. They probably existed once but have been wiped out (or died out) since the age of the Senate.
Re: Another Spotlight Announcement... & It's Who We Least Expected!! (410060)
Posted by Counterpunch on October 19th, 2007 @ 6:57am CDT
Valkyrie

It's about damn time she lived up to that title.
Re: Another Spotlight Announcement... & It's Who We Least Expected!! (410076)
Posted by MaP_Prime on October 19th, 2007 @ 7:20am CDT
You know, I was just wondering about Arcee and other female Transformers in the IDW verse the other day and was even wondering if Arcee was going to get a spotlight. Now, I've always liked Arcee myself, so I'm quite happy to see her in the new universe and I'm very eager to see what is up with her.
Re: Another Spotlight Announcement... & It's Who We Least Expected!! (410090)
Posted by Down_Shift on October 19th, 2007 @ 7:35am CDT
Looks good to me. Can't wait to see it.
Re: Another Spotlight Announcement... & It's Who We Least Expected!! (410142)
Posted by Doctor Reggae on October 19th, 2007 @ 8:36am CDT
And that looks like Nova Prime in the background of the cover, too. Definitely hoping we get some more information about the Ark and its crew...
Re: Another Spotlight Announcement... & It's Who We Least Expected!! (410164)
Posted by Optimutt on October 19th, 2007 @ 8:52am CDT
Is the sextet on the cover the Pretender Monsters?
Re: Another Spotlight Announcement... & It's Who We Least Expected!! (410172)
Posted by Seibertron on October 19th, 2007 @ 8:57am CDT
Judge Deliberata wrote:Whew. I saw the headline and immediately thought "Wheelie". Don't scare me like that!

That's for the next month! ;)

Hm ... I personally like Wheelie. Everyone's animosity towards Wheelie and Daniel makes me think that I ought to draw up a few ideas for a Mosaic page or two. Hmm ...
Re: Another Spotlight Announcement... & It's Who We Least Expected!! (410174)
Posted by Dagon on October 19th, 2007 @ 8:59am CDT
ShGarland_1383 wrote:The second spotlight that I actually want to get! (First was Kup, which I think I picked up on Free Comic Day.)

Wish I got the Kup issue for free......I was not too entertained with it......
Re: Another Spotlight Announcement... & It's Who We Least Expected!! (410184)
Posted by Dagon on October 19th, 2007 @ 9:04am CDT
Optimutt wrote:Is the sextet on the cover the Pretender Monsters?

Yeap, looks like them, at least as they appeared in the Prime Spotlight.
Re: Another Spotlight Announcement... & It's Who We Least Expected!! (410333)
Posted by Dclone Soundwave on October 19th, 2007 @ 10:16am CDT
Wow, she really does look homicidal. I hope she at least damages Jhiaxus a good portion. I really didn't see her coming. At this rate, we'll have a nice collection of Spotlights w/characters we'd probably never see coming in 4 million years. Personally, I'd like to see Blitzwing.
Re: Another Spotlight Announcement... & It's Who We Least Expected!! (410390)
Posted by Tigertrack on October 19th, 2007 @ 11:04am CDT
Dagon wrote:
Optimutt wrote:Is the sextet on the cover the Pretender Monsters?

Yeap, looks like them, at least as they appeared in the Prime Spotlight.

It makes sense since they were created by Jhiaxus, if he's in something, they probably would be too. IS that what is doing that is pissing her off?

I like Counterpunch's ideas on the Valkyrie type thing. However, I don't want them to hate dudes...I would like that Springer/Arcee relationship to be able to be done, somehow, but yes, I know we are not even sure that they exist in the same time frame here.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers RID Windblade - Warrior Class 2016 - NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Pop! Retro Toys G1 Transformers SHOCKWAVE #83 SDCC 2021 Shared Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "2015 Transformers Combiner Wars WHEELJACK Deluxe Class Complete Instructions" on EBAY
Buy "AIR RAID Transformers Combiner Wars Deluxe Aerialbot Superion 2015 Complete" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Robots in Disguise SPRINGLOAD Incomplete Action Figure Frog RID Fig" on EBAY