Another Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Size Comparison Teaser

Transformers News: Another Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Size Comparison Teaser

Tuesday, April 30th, 2013 7:58AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 19,676

A this rate TFYuki is going to have us worked into a frenzy as we eagerly await the release Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex. He's updated his twitter account with yet another teaser image of the figure, this time posed with his G1 forefather.

Re: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Teaser Images
Credit(s): TFYUKI

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Another Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Size Comparison Teaser (1483302)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 30th, 2013 @ 8:00am CDT
Aww, Generations Metroplex is like Generation One Metroplex's daddy!
Re: Another Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Size Comparison Teaser (1483315)
Posted by devlingrey on April 30th, 2013 @ 8:49am CDT
Maybe I missed it but is there an estimated release date for this gigantic piece of plastic awesomeness?

After seeing that pic, I so need to get a G1 Metroplex.
Re: Another Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Size Comparison Teaser (1483324)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on April 30th, 2013 @ 9:26am CDT
this bad ass bot and MP soundwave will be my big purchases of this year,oh and takara FOC bruticus.
Re: Another Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Size Comparison Teaser (1483325)
Posted by gothsaurus on April 30th, 2013 @ 9:32am CDT
Re: Another Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Size Comparison Teaser (1483329)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 30th, 2013 @ 10:00am CDT
gothsaurus wrote:It's odd... but I DO get a real aircraft carrier vibe from this guy now. Strange that I didn't from the original. Maybe it's just the added length? That kind of adds a real third mode to me, instead of a forgettable battle platform robot-sitting-down mode.
Maybe like how the Japanese treated Fort Max, maybe Metroplex's battle station mode could instead be used as a battleship mode. ;)
Re: Another Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Size Comparison Teaser (1483331)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 30th, 2013 @ 10:06am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

I can see it as a land-based mobile airfield, even a spacefaring vessel, but a seafaring aircraft carrier is something that seems unconvincing to me.
Re: Another Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Size Comparison Teaser (1483332)
Posted by gothsaurus on April 30th, 2013 @ 10:19am CDT
Aw come on. It's just about as good as those three boat bits from Tidalwaaaave. ;)

Between those three variations, this, and the various Classics Seaspray variants... we're getting a pretty good fleet o' boats.

Now. Where is our triple changer aircraft carrier, Hasbro?? Another possible Titan class for you? Crossover USS Flagg?
Re: Another Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Size Comparison Teaser (1483336)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 30th, 2013 @ 10:24am CDT
gothsaurus wrote:Aw come on. It's just about as good as those three boat bits from Tidalwaaaave.

That's different: he was intended to be a ship in the first place.
Re: Another Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Size Comparison Teaser (1483340)
Posted by Trikeboy on April 30th, 2013 @ 10:27am CDT
Re: Another Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Size Comparison Teaser (1483343)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 30th, 2013 @ 10:31am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

I meant like a space battleship, like how Fort Max's battle station mode was repurposed into. ;)
Re: Another Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Size Comparison Teaser (1483344)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 30th, 2013 @ 10:34am CDT
Trikeboy wrote:Now we get to see the color differences between the Hasbro and Takara version of Metroplex. Hasbro's is more pearl white and Takara's will be off white. Honestly, I prefer Hasbro's paint job this time round.

Wait, is the figure we're looking at in these teasers the Takara version? I assumed it was a prototype, what with the lack of black and the yellow stripes indicating landing zones that was previously seem on the model at Toy Fair.
Re: Another Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Size Comparison Teaser (1483369)
Posted by Autobot Scum on April 30th, 2013 @ 12:18pm CDT
This piece looks amazing.

I've, more or less, given up on HasTak in general. I wasn't a fan of the changes to their products over the last couple years so I stopped buying them.

However, this can bring me, and others like me, back into giving HasTak another chance...

...Unless, of course, this IS an SDCC exclusive. That would be a fail moment in my eyes.
Re: Another Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Size Comparison Teaser (1483375)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 30th, 2013 @ 12:32pm CDT
Serpent 0r wrote:This piece looks amazing.

We never said that. There will be a general release and a SDCC repaint/repackage. I know, the original announcement was badly worded...
Re: Another Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Size Comparison Teaser (1483381)
Posted by zodconvoy on April 30th, 2013 @ 12:43pm CDT
Big Broticus is going to be replaced by Big Broplex!
Re: Another Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Size Comparison Teaser (1483390)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 30th, 2013 @ 1:57pm CDT
El Duque wrote:

Re: Another Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Size Comparison Teaser (1483393)
Posted by gothsaurus on April 30th, 2013 @ 2:07pm CDT
:APPLAUSE: :lol:
Re: Another Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Size Comparison Teaser (1483401)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 30th, 2013 @ 2:27pm CDT
gothsaurus wrote: :APPLAUSE: :lol:
Proper pic added.
Re: Another Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Size Comparison Teaser (1483551)
Posted by El Duque on May 1st, 2013 @ 6:48am CDT
He's at it again! TFYuki continues with his Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex teasers. Here he's seen with G1 Metroplex in robot mode, who only comes up to the upcoming figure's knees!

Re: Another Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Size Comparison Teaser (1483552)
Posted by Autobot032 on May 1st, 2013 @ 6:56am CDT
I'm gonna love the daylights outta this thing. Doggone.
Re: Another Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Size Comparison Teaser (1483553)
Posted by AutoBorst on May 1st, 2013 @ 7:03am CDT
Good god, this thing is going to be huge. And completely unaffordable for me.

Ending Soon On eBay

Takara Tomy Transformers Cybertron Con 2013 Exclusive Henkei Jetfire Figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 12 hours 4 minutes 8 seconds
Transformers Prime Cyberverse Star Hammer with Wheeljack Action Figure - Time Remaining: 5 days 12 hours 5 minutes 55 seconds
Transformers Prime Cyberverse Energon Driller with Knock Out Action Figure - Time Remaining: 5 days 12 hours 6 minutes 44 seconds
New Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-29 Shockwave Figure Laserwave Japan - Time Remaining: 2 days 10 hours 7 minutes 40 seconds
Transformers Generations Dreadwing Deluxe Comic Series 30th Anniversary MOC - Time Remaining: 4 days 5 hours 9 minutes 31 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Samurai Team : G02 G-02 'JINBU' - Time Remaining: 6 days 16 hours 18 minutes 30 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Samurai Team : G03 G-03 'GANOH' - Time Remaining: 6 days 17 hours 19 minutes 45 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Go! : G17 G-17 Hunter Starscream - Time Remaining: 6 days 16 hours 20 minutes 35 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #186 - NYCC 2017