Another Version of Transformers DOTM Voyager Optimus Prime?

Another Version of Transformers DOTM Voyager Optimus Prime?

Tuesday, March 22nd, 2011 8:55am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Auctions
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 43,387

It looks like you may have multiple options when it comes time to pick your Transformers DOTM Voyager Optimus Prime. An auction has appeared on Yahoo!Japan that features the Voyager Class mold wielding a new MechTech weapon that can be converted from gun to double bladed axe. A possible alternate variation of the upcoming figure, a store exclusive, or perhaps a clever custom? The images are mirrored below.

Credit(s): Yahoo!Japan

This article was last modified on Tuesday, March 22nd, 2011 9:02am CDT

Re: Another Version of Transformers DOTM Voyager Optimus Prime? (1198275)
Posted by griftimus prime on March 22nd, 2011 @ 9:01am CDT
ugly as sin
Re: Another Version of Transformers DOTM Voyager Optimus Prime? (1198280)
Posted by GuyIncognito on March 22nd, 2011 @ 9:04am CDT
Cool weapon, but otherwise: meh.
Re: Another Version of Transformers DOTM Voyager Optimus Prime? (1198282)
Posted by Ironhide516 on March 22nd, 2011 @ 9:11am CDT
I just did some custom paint apps to my first movie voyager Prime to "silver up" the flat gray parts & am happy with that. Haven't seen a new voyager Prime yet to make me wanna up-grade (well maybe the Japanese version, but it's probably too rich for my blood). And agreeing w/ most people this new Hasbro voyager is just awful.
Re: Another Version of Transformers DOTM Voyager Optimus Prime? (1198285)
Posted by Genocide G2.0 on March 22nd, 2011 @ 9:25am CDT
Like the weopon but would of been better if he could hold it in two articulated hands.
Re: Another Version of Transformers DOTM Voyager Optimus Prime? (1198286)
Posted by NatsumeRyu on March 22nd, 2011 @ 9:29am CDT
I, uh.... I like it. Heh. :)
Not sure I'm gonna get it, or any OP's this time around, but I like it better than the others...even though it won't be *as* screen accurate for other folks.

I like the changed colors...the darker blue, the skinny, long flames...and most of all the axe. Love the axe...hmm....
Re: Another Version of Transformers DOTM Voyager Optimus Prime? (1198287)
Posted by Requiem Prime on March 22nd, 2011 @ 9:31am CDT
I really like the weapon, it's like what Chopster tried to do but failed. Don't know about the robot.
Re: Another Version of Transformers DOTM Voyager Optimus Prime? (1198301)
Posted by GetRightRobot on March 22nd, 2011 @ 10:03am CDT
I hope this is some sort of mistake. How many Primes and BBs do we really need to accompany ONE movie? Anyways, I actually like the darker colors. Not big on clear plastic however. Nothing says cheap like clear plastic. IMO
Re: Another Version of Transformers DOTM Voyager Optimus Prime? (1198302)
Posted by Astrofizix on March 22nd, 2011 @ 10:11am CDT
I would buy that. I actually think the dark panels helps to hide the horrendous gaps in the panels. I would stand him next to my nemesis primes. I won't be buying the other voyager prime we have seen though.
Re: Another Version of Transformers DOTM Voyager Optimus Prime? (1198304)
Posted by rpetras on March 22nd, 2011 @ 10:19am CDT
:SICK:
Re: Another Version of Transformers DOTM Voyager Optimus Prime? (1198306)
Posted by xtsaur on March 22nd, 2011 @ 10:25am CDT
Re: Another Version of Transformers DOTM Voyager Optimus Prime? (1198310)
Posted by Megazarak on March 22nd, 2011 @ 10:32am CDT
I like it. The axe looks intense and one of the best MechTech weapons out there. Optimus himself looks alright. Can't think of much else to say about him.
Re: Another Version of Transformers DOTM Voyager Optimus Prime? (1198338)
Posted by OlivusPrime on March 22nd, 2011 @ 11:52am CDT
There's your WFC Prime axe, folks!
Re: Another Version of Transformers DOTM Voyager Optimus Prime? (1198343)
Posted by Mykltron on March 22nd, 2011 @ 11:58am CDT
:roll:
Re: Another Version of Transformers DOTM Voyager Optimus Prime? (1198358)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on March 22nd, 2011 @ 12:18pm CDT
I appreciate the attempt at the dual weapon but the execution could have been better.

I wonder if all of these voyager prime's will be interchangeable with the trailer?
Re: Another Version of Transformers DOTM Voyager Optimus Prime? (1198366)
Posted by Fenrir Prime on March 22nd, 2011 @ 12:31pm CDT
xtsaur wrote:Anyone else annoyed how they faked the chest? like... those arent the actual windows on his chest that they are in truck mode... that really bothers me. i always hate when they do that. like in Revenge of the Fallen the Leader Class Jetfire. The cockpit window visible above his head in robot mode is not the same window in jet mode. Maybe its just me but that stuff really bothers me. =;

They didn't actually fake it. The windows in vehicle mode still end up on the chest they just have a piece of armor that flips up over them that makes it look like that
Re: Another Version of Transformers DOTM Voyager Optimus Prime? (1198367)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on March 22nd, 2011 @ 12:35pm CDT
still a pass, weapons worse than the normal one
Re: Another Version of Transformers DOTM Voyager Optimus Prime? (1198381)
Posted by ArmadaPrime on March 22nd, 2011 @ 1:02pm CDT
this actualy tempts me now...
much better than the other original one.
looks like they are taking a leaf out of takara's book cuz i love the takara gun-sword.
Re: Another Version of Transformers DOTM Voyager Optimus Prime? (1198388)
Posted by Road-hole on March 22nd, 2011 @ 1:25pm CDT
I want the Takara mold of Prime/Trailer with the Hasbro mech tech gun. I wonder where that Ultimate Prime went. We're seeing new stuff of this voyager prime and nary a new pic of Ultimate. I wonder what that says about the toy.
Re: Another Version of Transformers DOTM Voyager Optimus Prime? (1198392)
Posted by Autobot032 on March 22nd, 2011 @ 1:32pm CDT
Wow, they're really phoning it in this time. Geez Hasbro, just admit it.
Re: Another Version of Transformers DOTM Voyager Optimus Prime? (1198398)
Posted by Captziltoid on March 22nd, 2011 @ 1:49pm CDT
ok now i dont believe in god anoymore. why is it that only 5 figures are buyable from DOTM. i like the ax/ gun actually. kinda like a homage to the animated optimus but man does this guy need a new paint job, a new mold. man theres way too much to even put in one post. total garbage...

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #287 - Pulse Con 2021
"Pulse Con 2021"
Posted: Monday, October 25th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers APEFACE War for Cybertron Siege WFC-S50 - Loose Complete" on EBAY
Buy "transformers botbots series 4 disaster master" on EBAY
Buy "New Megatron AND HotLink Transformers War Cybertron Figure Netflix Trilogy" on EBAY
Buy "????Transformers Cyberverse Battle for Cybertron-LaserBeak Blast Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage G2 Transformers Action Figure Road Pig" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Dark Of The Moon 2019 Limited Edition RSD brown vinyl LP NEW/SEALED" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Calendar Dreamwave 2003 2005 Calendar Pat Lee Don Figueroa RARE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bot Shots Action Figures - Powerglide - Leadfoot - Sentinel Prime" on EBAY