Apparent Running Change of Transformers Siege Starscream Movie Decepticon Insignia to G1 Insignia

Apparent Running Change of Transformers Siege Starscream Movie Decepticon Insignia to G1 Insignia

Tuesday, August 6th, 2019 2:38pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Stargrave   Views: 14,489

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Thanks to Seibertronian DecepticonFinishline we've learned of an apparent running change to the Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Starscream Decepticon insignia. In his initial release Starscream was deco'd with the version of the insignia that was depicted in the live action movie series. Upon the release of Thundercracker, Redwing, and the Rainmakers comparisons were made to the newest wave of Siege Voyagers which includes an additional release of Starscream.

As reflected in the images below it appears Starscream's insignia has now been changed to the original G1 version.

From DecepticonFinishline:
"Though there were rumors floating around that Wave 3 Starscream would have a pin in his chest assembly, as the toys started to appear it seemed that was not the case (at least in my area). So I let those Wave 3 Starscreams lie.

After early shots of Siege Thundercracker surfaced, it seemed that he would join Siege Starscream in having the Movie Decepticon-symbol.


Enhance. Zoom. Enhance.

Yes. I.... I do believe that is the movie version of the Decepticon Symbol that was also present on Starscream.

Unexpected consistency...

Something that happened to a number of other toys - most enjoyably, Power of the Primes Slash. (Fun because it was a G1-Version of a character-concept introduced in the movies.) I don't prefer this symbol, but if ALL the Seekers were to have it, then that's no biggie to me.

HOWEVER. As Redwing and the Rainmakers started to appear, I noticed that they had the G1 Decepticon symbol as opposed to the Movie-Decepticon symbol that Starscream had. I was worried that the whole Seeker line would be a mismatched set, and I place a VERY high value on matching sets (much to some peoples' annoyance.)

When one of my Twitter-Friends got Thundercracker early, I asked if it had the G1- or Movie-Insignia, and the photos showed that he, in fact, ended up with G1-symbols seen below:

Transformers News: Apparent Running Change of Transformers Siege Starscream Movie Decepticon Insignia to G1 Insignia
Transformers News: Apparent Running Change of Transformers Siege Starscream Movie Decepticon Insignia to G1 Insignia
Transformers News: Apparent Running Change of Transformers Siege Starscream Movie Decepticon Insignia to G1 Insignia

Though hard to see in most of the video review I've seen, it DOES seem that Skywarp also features the G1-insignia as well.

This had me wondering if maybe the Wave 3 Starscream DID have a running change afterall, but for the insignia rather than the rumored pin. Lo and behold, Wave 3 Starscream DOES include the G1-insignia!"


Transformers News: Apparent Running Change of Transformers Siege Starscream Movie Decepticon Insignia to G1 Insignia
Transformers News: Apparent Running Change of Transformers Siege Starscream Movie Decepticon Insignia to G1 Insignia
Transformers News: Apparent Running Change of Transformers Siege Starscream Movie Decepticon Insignia to G1 Insignia

Transformers fans tend to be detail oriented. That's why we like that every Transformer has such fashionably color matched arsenals. This could be just the kind of detail that steered some away from the purchase of this amazing figure.

Does this mean you're ready to jump into the cockpit and soar with the king of the Seekers? Share your views with the Seibertron crew in the forums and as always stay tuned to Seibertron for the ultimate in Transformers news!

Credit(s): DecepticonFinishline at Seibertron


This article was last modified on Tuesday, August 6th, 2019 6:13pm CDT

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Apparent Running Change of Transformers Siege Starscream Movie Decepticon Insignia to G1 Insignia (2033481)
Posted by Quantum Surge on August 6th, 2019 @ 2:44pm CDT
We get a running change Starscream while Soundwave is hard to find.
Re: Apparent Running Change of Transformers Siege Starscream Movie Decepticon Insignia to G1 Insignia (2033483)
Posted by SgtNateV on August 6th, 2019 @ 2:50pm CDT
I've heard the running change also has a better chest hinge like the other Siege Seekers
Re: Apparent Running Change of Transformers Siege Starscream Movie Decepticon Insignia to G1 Insignia (2033485)
Posted by Stargrave on August 6th, 2019 @ 2:57pm CDT
Just in from Snakas.blog are some great new in hand images of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Bluestreak! Here we get some great views of him in and out of package along with close ups of the new paint job. We also get excellent up close views of his weaponry which any Prowl owners are no doubt envious of. Fully armed his vehicle mode is certainly something to behold. Bluestreak will complete the Datsun Autobot-Seekers set along with Smokescreen and Prowl. Will this be your first foray into this mold or are you completing your own set? Be sure to let us know in the forums and as always stay tuned to Seibertron for the ultimate in Transformers news!

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: Apparent Running Change of Transformers Siege Starscream Movie Decepticon Insignia to G1 Insignia (2033487)
Posted by william-james88 on August 6th, 2019 @ 3:14pm CDT
Nathaniel Prime wrote:
I took him out from the shelf for a clearer picture. I have a picture of him with the price, but it's not on my phone right now, so I'll get it later.

For reference, it was in front of where Rampage is sitting right now.
JPEG_20190805_163522.jpg


Thanks, makes sense. If the 80$ price tag wasnt there,then I guess thats fair game, especially if you are comfortable with it. Congrats on the deal!
Re: Apparent Running Change of Transformers Siege Starscream Movie Decepticon Insignia to G1 Insignia (2033488)
Posted by TulioDude on August 6th, 2019 @ 3:14pm CDT
He looks good.A solid version to have of him.Of the autobots that share this mold,this look one of the better ones.
Re: Apparent Running Change of Transformers Siege Starscream Movie Decepticon Insignia to G1 Insignia (2033491)
Posted by Cobotron on August 6th, 2019 @ 3:40pm CDT
It's funny how different Datsun Bros wear different molds better than others. All 3 are my most fav bots, for sure, but I definitely thought Prowl wore the Combiner Wars mold the best. I think Bluestreak here wears this mold the best. And since Streak is my fav of the 3, I can't wait to get my hands on this one even more now.
Re: Apparent Running Change of Transformers Siege Starscream Movie Decepticon Insignia to G1 Insignia (2033492)
Posted by Stargrave on August 6th, 2019 @ 3:40pm CDT
Just in from In Demand Toys on Facebook are in package images of the upcoming Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Battlemaster and Micromaster assortment including Rung, Singe, and Direct Hit with his Micromaster combiner partner Power Punch!

With this assortment you can torch your enemies with Singe, quadra-rocket blast your opponents to pieces with Direct Hit and Power Punch, and seriously de-escalate any intense conflict through conversation and understanding with the help of Rung. It's his eyebrows, so disarming. That should cover you in just about any scenario a Cybertronian battlefield could present.

Will these be helping you round out the first chapter of the War for Cybertron Battlemaster saga or will you pass on them? Be sure to share your views with the Seibertron crew in the forums and as always stay tuned to Seibertron for the ultimate in Transformers news!
Image
Image
Image
Re: Apparent Running Change of Transformers Siege Starscream Movie Decepticon Insignia to G1 Insignia (2033493)
Posted by sol magnus on August 6th, 2019 @ 3:53pm CDT
Definitely getting Rung and Singe. Probably will partner Rung with Red Alert.
Re: Apparent Running Change of Transformers Siege Starscream Movie Decepticon Insignia to G1 Insignia (2033496)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on August 6th, 2019 @ 4:19pm CDT
SgtNateV wrote:I've heard the running change also has a better chest hinge like the other Siege Seekers


That would make double-dipping a little more tempting. I noticed that the chest hinge on Red Wing was definitely a tighter, more secure fit, and it only popped off when I had something aligned incorrectly and tried to force the chest flush. I guess that's the reason Takara and Hasbro didn't design it with a pin.

Anyone know the magic lot number to look for on latter wave Starscreams?
Re: Apparent Running Change of Transformers Siege Starscream Movie Decepticon Insignia to G1 Insignia (2033497)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on August 6th, 2019 @ 4:21pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:
SgtNateV wrote:I've heard the running change also has a better chest hinge like the other Siege Seekers


That would make double-dipping a little more tempting. I noticed that the chest hinge on Red Wing was definitely a tighter, more secure fit, and it only popped off when I had something aligned incorrectly and tried to force the chest flush. I guess that's the reason Takara and Hasbro didn't design it with a pin.


Supposedly they initially did, but with the prospect of ill-applied force breaking that part they removed the pin, without adjusting the tolerances (metal on plastic vs. plastic on plastic).
Re: Apparent Running Change of Transformers Siege Starscream Movie Decepticon Insignia to G1 Insignia (2033498)
Posted by Flashwave on August 6th, 2019 @ 4:22pm CDT
sol magnus wrote:Definitely getting Rung and Singe. Probably will partner Rung with Red Alert.

That is... Soo fitting and soo wrong.

"This is my gun, he's my Psychological Counseler..."
Re: Apparent Running Change of Transformers Siege Starscream Movie Decepticon Insignia to G1 Insignia (2033499)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on August 6th, 2019 @ 4:24pm CDT
Vic Zanzibar wrote:Found the Rainmakers. At the Sunset Boulevard store in Columbia, SC if anyone is in my area. They now have one left.


Still nothing in the Twin Cities area of Minnesota, but some of the Targets have reset their Transformers sections at least. The tag for the Seeker 3-Pack is on said shelves, but no product is available. The listing online keeps going in and out of stock so fast that, even with email notifications from Target, I can't get one ordered even two minutes later.

Oddly enough, I did just spot the Micromaster 10-Pack at a Target earlier today. They had at least two or three of them. No Rainmakers, though. It's like they haven't even been delivered to the Midwest yet.
Re: Apparent Running Change of Transformers Siege Starscream Movie Decepticon Insignia to G1 Insignia (2033500)
Posted by sol magnus on August 6th, 2019 @ 4:24pm CDT
Flashwave wrote:
sol magnus wrote:Definitely getting Rung and Singe. Probably will partner Rung with Red Alert.

That is... Soo fitting and soo wrong.

"This is my gun, he's my Psychological Counseler..."

Sort of my thought. Red Alert now has "24 cycle care" on deck.
Re: Apparent Running Change of Transformers Siege Starscream Movie Decepticon Insignia to G1 Insignia (2033501)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on August 6th, 2019 @ 4:26pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:
SgtNateV wrote:I've heard the running change also has a better chest hinge like the other Siege Seekers


That would make double-dipping a little more tempting. I noticed that the chest hinge on Red Wing was definitely a tighter, more secure fit, and it only popped off when I had something aligned incorrectly and tried to force the chest flush. I guess that's the reason Takara and Hasbro didn't design it with a pin.


Supposedly they initially did, but with the prospect of ill-applied force breaking that part they removed the pin, without adjusting the tolerances (metal on plastic vs. plastic on plastic).


So, brutes like me breaking their toys are why we can't have nice things? :lol:
Re: Apparent Running Change of Transformers Siege Starscream Movie Decepticon Insignia to G1 Insignia (2033504)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on August 6th, 2019 @ 4:40pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:
Vic Zanzibar wrote:Found the Rainmakers. At the Sunset Boulevard store in Columbia, SC if anyone is in my area. They now have one left.


Still nothing in the Twin Cities area of Minnesota, but some of the Targets have reset their Transformers sections at least. The tag for the Seeker 3-Pack is on said shelves, but no product is available. The listing online keeps going in and out of stock so fast that, even with email notifications from Target, I can't get one ordered even two minutes later.

Oddly enough, I did just spot the Micromaster 10-Pack at a Target earlier today. They had at least two or three of them. No Rainmakers, though. It's like they haven't even been delivered to the Midwest yet.

Near as I can tell, they're putting out shelf labels at every target, but only a couple of stores are gonna stock it, no, I don't understand the logic :HEADHURTS:
Re: Apparent Running Change of Transformers Siege Starscream Movie Decepticon Insignia to G1 Insignia (2033509)
Posted by Skritz on August 6th, 2019 @ 5:16pm CDT
I got the impression IDW fanboys will hate what I plan to do with a few Rungs. :twisted:
Re: Apparent Running Change of Transformers Siege Starscream Movie Decepticon Insignia to G1 Insignia (2033511)
Posted by Randomhero on August 6th, 2019 @ 5:37pm CDT
The first two Seacons went up for preorder but bbts took them down now. I managed to order them. They’re still in my orders made
Re: Apparent Running Change of Transformers Siege Starscream Movie Decepticon Insignia to G1 Insignia (2033515)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on August 6th, 2019 @ 6:03pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:
Vic Zanzibar wrote:Found the Rainmakers. At the Sunset Boulevard store in Columbia, SC if anyone is in my area. They now have one left.


Still nothing in the Twin Cities area of Minnesota, but some of the Targets have reset their Transformers sections at least. The tag for the Seeker 3-Pack is on said shelves, but no product is available. The listing online keeps going in and out of stock so fast that, even with email notifications from Target, I can't get one ordered even two minutes later.

Oddly enough, I did just spot the Micromaster 10-Pack at a Target earlier today. They had at least two or three of them. No Rainmakers, though. It's like they haven't even been delivered to the Midwest yet.

Near as I can tell, they're putting out shelf labels at every target, but only a couple of stores are gonna stock it, no, I don't understand the logic :HEADHURTS:


I have the opposite problem here (Nebraska). Each of my Targets have had ONE Rainmaker set each, but no sign of Micromasters other than the price tag.

I'm curious, though, do you get Battlemasters properly stocked where you are in the Midwest? We just keep getting Wave 1 Battlemasters over and over and over again. And then again after that.
Re: Apparent Running Change of Transformers Siege Starscream Movie Decepticon Insignia to G1 Insignia (2033525)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 6th, 2019 @ 6:19pm CDT
Brickseek still tells me there are no seeker sets at any of my local targets. And online they come in stock at 3am and are gone by 6am, ugh!
Re: Apparent Running Change of Transformers Siege Starscream Movie Decepticon Insignia to G1 Insignia (2033526)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on August 6th, 2019 @ 6:20pm CDT
I did go by a local Target and did see the tag for the sought after seekers set but obviously no seekers.

I will have to pick up 2 of that ol' boy Bluestreak! I need the other so he can share those proper looking wheels with his brother Prowl...ahhhh yeah! 8-) :VEHI:

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Potato Head Transformers Mixable Mashable Heroes as Optimus Prime and Grimlock Figures" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Protectobot Groove Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
Twincast / Podcast #278:
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Kingdom: War For Cybertron Trilogy - Megatron (Beast) WFC-K10" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars CW Bruticus Brand New In Sealed Packing 5 Figures" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG29 Wheelie & Go-Shooter Headmasters *B1#2" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Mindwipe + Headmaster Vorath deluxe class New" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW08 Computron Action Figure Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unite Warriors UW06 Grand Galvatron Takara Tomy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG29 Wheelie & Go-Shooter Figure Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY