Arctic-Camo Ruination Galleries Now Online!

Arctic-Camo Ruination Galleries Now Online!

Thursday, May 31st, 2007 10:26am CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Skowl   Views: 12,649

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Ryan has now updated the Seibertron.com galleries with yet another variation on the Bruticus mold, this time the Arctic Camouflage Ruination from the Robots in Disguise series.

Check out these great galleries of the individual figures:

Armorhide (Brawl mold)
Mega-Octane (Onslaught mold)
Movor (Blastoff mold)
Rollbar (Swindle mold)
Ro-Tor (Vortex mold)
and their combined form, Ruination!

And don't forget to check out all of Ryan's other galleries here.

Credit(s): Seibertron


This article was last modified on Monday, July 9th, 2007 12:18pm CDT

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Arctic-Camo Ruination Galleries Now Online! (143263)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on May 31st, 2007 @ 12:20pm CDT
Was this a stoer exclusive? I never saw this guy. Wish i did i really want him. Thats the best one since the G1 colors.
Re: Arctic-Camo Ruination Galleries Now Online! (143402)
Posted by Roboto750 on May 31st, 2007 @ 2:22pm CDT
I think that the G1 and Arctic camo ones look the best. I saw that Universe one many times, yet I enver managed to pick one up. Now I feel kinda bad for nto doing so.
Re: Arctic-Camo Ruination Galleries Now Online! (143566)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on May 31st, 2007 @ 4:41pm CDT
Thats not artic camo its urban. artic is all white. I use to think that was snow or artic camo to untill i started playing rainbow six vegas.
Re: Arctic-Camo Ruination Galleries Now Online! (143575)
Posted by muswp1 on May 31st, 2007 @ 4:52pm CDT
Megatron_Wolf wrote:Was this a stoer exclusive? I never saw this guy. Wish i did i really want him. Thats the best one since the G1 colors.


Wal-Mart exclusive about four years ago or so.
Re: Arctic-Camo Ruination Galleries Now Online! (143652)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on May 31st, 2007 @ 6:16pm CDT
muswp1 wrote:
Megatron_Wolf wrote:Was this a stoer exclusive? I never saw this guy. Wish i did i really want him. Thats the best one since the G1 colors.


Wal-Mart exclusive about four years ago or so.

The last two were both Wal-Mart exclusive. The newest gallery was after Armada began I think (because it was one of a few figures that were still considered RID, but had Armada packaging because that was the main line when they were released).

Is it really Arctic-Camo though, or urban? I always thought arctic was blues on white, and urban was black and white on gray. I've always considered the RID gift pack Ruination to be urban-camo. Just my opinion though.

I'm still glad I passed on what I consider the Tiger Force Ruination (which was what I was talking about last time). I'm glad I got RID set though. Lost the weapons to it (except for the ramp and double-barreled gun that would be on Mega-Octane's back).
Re: Arctic-Camo Ruination Galleries Now Online! (143682)
Posted by Skowl on May 31st, 2007 @ 6:40pm CDT
ShGarland_1383 wrote:
muswp1 wrote:
Megatron_Wolf wrote:Was this a stoer exclusive? I never saw this guy. Wish i did i really want him. Thats the best one since the G1 colors.


Wal-Mart exclusive about four years ago or so.

The last two were both Wal-Mart exclusive. The newest gallery was after Armada began I think (because it was one of a few figures that were still considered RID, but had Armada packaging because that was the main line when they were released).

Is it really Arctic-Camo though, or urban? I always thought arctic was blues on white, and urban was black and white on gray. I've always considered the RID gift pack Ruination to be urban-camo. Just my opinion though.

I'm still glad I passed on what I consider the Tiger Force Ruination (which was what I was talking about last time). I'm glad I got RID set though. Lost the weapons to it (except for the ramp and double-barreled gun that would be on Mega-Octane's back).


I've read conflicting accounts on whether this set is urban-camo or arctic camo... your guess is as good as mine.

I picked arctic since it seems like it's the one most associated with this site... and it's a cool word to spell, one I don't get a chance to type very often.

EDIT: oh, and also this set kicks ass and is the best repaint of Bruticus. If I was rich and had a house, I would get one of my own.
Re: Arctic-Camo Ruination Galleries Now Online! (143735)
Posted by jgilkinson on May 31st, 2007 @ 7:30pm CDT
man arctic camo looks awesome
Re: Arctic-Camo Ruination Galleries Now Online! (143803)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on May 31st, 2007 @ 8:12pm CDT
Keep pump'n Ryan!
Re: Arctic-Camo Ruination Galleries Now Online! (144074)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on June 1st, 2007 @ 12:28am CDT
Skowl wrote:I've read conflicting accounts on whether this set is urban-camo or arctic camo... your guess is as good as mine.

I picked arctic since it seems like it's the one most associated with this site... and it's a cool word to spell, one I don't get a chance to type very often.

EDIT: oh, and also this set kicks ass and is the best repaint of Bruticus. If I was rich and had a house, I would get one of my own.

I see your point about the camo thing.

I agree about this being the best repaint of Bruticus. I'm disappointed that I'd actually lose the weapons to these figures (the day I first bought it from Wal-Mart, no less), but I'm over it because I can use that double-barreled gun as a weapon and this guy can use the Star Saber/Energon Saber molds as weapons if I felt like setting it up that way.

PS: Keep up the great work, Ryan!
Re: Arctic-Camo Ruination Galleries Now Online! (144844)
Posted by Seibertron on June 1st, 2007 @ 3:25pm CDT
muswp1 wrote:
Megatron_Wolf wrote:Was this a stoer exclusive? I never saw this guy. Wish i did i really want him. Thats the best one since the G1 colors.


Wal-Mart exclusive about four years ago or so.


Arctic camo is a Target exclusive (hence the figure in the Target bag at the beginning of the gallery) and the Urban Camo is a Walmart exclusive (hence the figure in the Walmart bag at the beginning of the gallery).

Sincerely,
Information Overload Ryan
Re: Arctic-Camo Ruination Galleries Now Online! (147105)
Posted by Skowl on June 3rd, 2007 @ 1:39pm CDT
Updated with Ryan's galleries of the bots who started it all, the Generation 1 Combaticons!

Great job with all the photos Ryan, this must have been one tough job, taking the same photos of what is basically the same figure over, and over, and over...

...

... and over...
Re: Arctic-Camo Ruination Galleries Now Online! (147156)
Posted by Darksong on June 3rd, 2007 @ 2:34pm CDT
Ya know what I REALLY love about G1 combiners...? ALL THE LIMBS WERE DIFFERENT!
Re: Arctic-Camo Ruination Galleries Now Online! (147198)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on June 3rd, 2007 @ 3:11pm CDT
Hey Ryan, is this the last of the variants?

Good choice if it is, you know, being the first and all.

By the way, great job keeping these galleries unique.
Re: Arctic-Camo Ruination Galleries Now Online! (147202)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on June 3rd, 2007 @ 3:20pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
shortround wrote:Amazing I didn't know there were that many version of him.


There's actually one more version from the Japanese exclusive "Operation: Combination" series in 1992 (?) called Battle Gaia. The Autobot version was a repainted Defensor called "Guard City". Both sets are pretty expensive nowadays and I haven't decided to invest in them yet. From what I've seen, Battle Gaia and Guard City go anywhere from $700 to $1400 each. I'm not willing to spend that much on repaints just yet, even though I think they both look really cool and love their box artwork!


I know it's sacrelige, but you can score a knock off City Defender and Battle Gaia and most of the discount stores in my area.

I know your going for authentinc Has/Tak product, but for $6, you could get then just to show the collor difference, than have all your real bots kill them.

Why, every war needs casualties, and for $6, I can't even count how many City Defenders, Constructors, Supeerions(I know), and Battle Gaia's have fallen in my battles.

The only set I haven't gotten and offed yet is the Menasaur knock off. A, beacuse it's half Computron, and B, I never had MotorMaster, and I don't want a cheesey set ruining for me a Bot that I've been waiting a long time to get.
Re: Arctic-Camo Ruination Galleries Now Online! (147446)
Posted by Seibertron on June 3rd, 2007 @ 7:23pm CDT
Liege Evilmus wrote:Hey Ryan, is this the last of the variants?

Good choice if it is, you know, being the first and all.

By the way, great job keeping these galleries unique.


That's the last Bruticus gallery. I've still got to launch the G1 Aerialbots later tonight or tomorrow. I've been doing spring cleaning for a while. As you can imagine from all of the galleries I've been doing, I amassed quite a pile of boxes that needed to be compacted and the insides thrown away. Sadly, to make more room I even compacted all of Takara's Beast Wars reissue boxes :( as well as some of the BW Neo and BW2 and all of the Star Wars TF boxes. This is the first time I've ever compacted Japanese packaging before. I generally keep all of their boxes so that I can put the figures back in but since I've been doing the galleries it seems the figures never go pack in their packaging anymore so what's the point when I'm running out of room?
Re: Arctic-Camo Ruination Galleries Now Online! (147535)
Posted by metalformer on June 3rd, 2007 @ 8:48pm CDT
These threads should be called "Operation: Overkill" because of the insane amount of picturs this have! I am barelly going through the first batch of pic from one gallery, when BAM! There six are more galleries to go to, not counting the remaining five of the first one. But I am not complaining because I just LOVE the Combaticons (and "clones") and I am willing to put throught his ordeal! ^^

I love the original set but i do agree that the arctic-camo team is just too great. I love it just because of the color scheme and the uniformity in colors. I don't mind having a shuttle on the mix with what would regularly be "odd colors" because I see it as a "special mini-shuttle designed to be launched from arctic regions". This alone can give meaning to Onslaught's base mode which can be like one of those Patriot missile launchers trucks! ^^
Re: Arctic-Camo Ruination Galleries Now Online! (149344)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on June 5th, 2007 @ 1:37am CDT
Skowl wrote:
ShGarland_1383 wrote:
muswp1 wrote:
Megatron_Wolf wrote:Was this a stoer exclusive? I never saw this guy. Wish i did i really want him. Thats the best one since the G1 colors.


Wal-Mart exclusive about four years ago or so.

The last two were both Wal-Mart exclusive. The newest gallery was after Armada began I think (because it was one of a few figures that were still considered RID, but had Armada packaging because that was the main line when they were released).

Is it really Arctic-Camo though, or urban? I always thought arctic was blues on white, and urban was black and white on gray. I've always considered the RID gift pack Ruination to be urban-camo. Just my opinion though.

I'm still glad I passed on what I consider the Tiger Force Ruination (which was what I was talking about last time). I'm glad I got RID set though. Lost the weapons to it (except for the ramp and double-barreled gun that would be on Mega-Octane's back).


I've read conflicting accounts on whether this set is urban-camo or arctic camo... your guess is as good as mine.

I picked arctic since it seems like it's the one most associated with this site... and it's a cool word to spell, one I don't get a chance to type very often.

EDIT: oh, and also this set kicks ass and is the best repaint of Bruticus. If I was rich and had a house, I would get one of my own.


If you were in the snow would you want all white or gray,white, and black cammo? Thats urban camo. Acroding to all the new swat and military games its urban. If the gray was replaced with white then it would be the old artic camo.
The one you call urban is a desert variant.

Now i know why i never found this one. There was no target by me when this came out. Guess thats why i got the wallmart desert camo one.
Re: Arctic-Camo Ruination Galleries Now Online! (149660)
Posted by Seibertron on June 5th, 2007 @ 10:09am CDT
That's what's confusing about these 2 sets. There's 3 different names and no one can decide which one is which. Someone a couple of years ago corrected me when I called the tan colored one "Desert Camo" and told me that was Urban camo and that the white one, hence "snow", was "arctic" camo. To be honest, I'm really confused now because Megatron_Wolf's logic makes a great deal of sense. So is it Urban camo and Desert camo instead of Arctic Camo and Urban Camo?
Re: Arctic-Camo Ruination Galleries Now Online! (149918)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on June 5th, 2007 @ 1:02pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:That's what's confusing about these 2 sets. There's 3 different names and no one can decide which one is which. Someone a couple of years ago corrected me when I called the tan colored one "Desert Camo" and told me that was Urban camo and that the white one, hence "snow", was "arctic" camo. To be honest, I'm really confused now because Megatron_Wolf's logic makes a great deal of sense. So is it Urban camo and Desert camo instead of Arctic Camo and Urban Camo?


The gray,black,and white one is urban and the tan,orange,black one is Desert.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Stripes" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
Twincast / Podcast #275:
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "HOT Cool FOR Transformers EarthRise Sunstreaker Tail 3D DIY Upgrade Weapon KITS" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS MEGATRON  KINGDOM WAR FOR CYBERTRON TRILOGY WFC-K13 FIGURE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BotBots Cuddle Wuddle Figure Free Shipping" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BotBots Grit Sandwood Figure Free Shipping" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Kingdom War For Cybertron Trilogy Huffer Deluxe Class Figure" on EBAY
Buy "HEADMASTER Skullcruncher TRANSFORMERS G1 Hasbro 1986 Figure Vintage Collectible" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS G1 DECEPTICON DIRGE SEEKER 1985" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS STUDIO 86 CYBERTRON WFC GRIMLOCK FIGURE LOT COMPLETE (NO WHEELIE)" on EBAY