Saturday, January 6th, 2018 4:39am CST

Categories: Toy News, Collectables
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 18,761

If you were into Transformers: Robot in Disguise, you may have come across the tiny collectable items (in blind bags) known as Tiny Titans - non-transformable, but quite dynamically sculpted little bots of the cast from the show. The figures also came with collectable cards, featuring artwork of the accompanying character, such as the one recently posted by artist Emiliano Santalucia on his Facebook art page!

Check out below a rendition of the leader of the Autobots, Optimus Prime, as he dazzles into an action pose, ion cannon and battlemask and all. What do you think of the artist's take on the style of the show's animation? Did you ever collect the cards or figures? Join the discussion in the Energon Pub!

Transformers News: Art of Optimus Prime for Transformers: Robots in Disguise Tiny Titans by Emiliano Santalucia

Credit(s): Emiliano Santalucia

Re: Art of Optimus Prime for Transformers: Robots in Disguise Tiny Titans by Emiliano Santalucia (1930197)
Posted by william-james88 on January 6th, 2018 @ 2:04pm CST
o.supreme wrote:Same for Windblade. Although I've only seen Rid Windblade up close at B&M, its a nice way to compare two versions of the same character. If a fan could only choose one, why would they pick one over the other?

Everything about the RID line is about originality. Design, characters and transformations. So it really shines most when the characters are new. So for characters like Windblade and Twinferno, even though they arent bad they are not the best either. The titans return version for both of those characters is better.

Here is a review for RID Twinferno : https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... ise/38894/

And here is a review for TR windblade which compares her to all windblades in the past: https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... ade/39067/

To truly enjoy the RID line and get the most out of it, you have to check out the new characters.

And only stick with either the Legion class, warrior class or Battle pack class.
Re: Art of Optimus Prime for Transformers: Robots in Disguise Tiny Titans by Emiliano Santalucia (1930222)
Posted by ebo716 on January 6th, 2018 @ 5:40pm CST
There are listings for Thermidor and Bludgeon on Hasbro Toy Shop, but it says they are out of stock.
Re: Art of Optimus Prime for Transformers: Robots in Disguise Tiny Titans by Emiliano Santalucia (1930291)
Posted by Michael Alex Kawa on January 7th, 2018 @ 3:43am CST
As asked above, I did (well still do if I can find them) collect the Tiny Titans blind pack figures. For the most part I really liked the little figures, reminded me of the G1 Decoys, expect that they were individually colored and painted (kind of) /:) . I also like that they had more then just RID characters in the line-up, that was pretty cool. And yes since I collected the figures I also collected the cards that came with them. For the price I think they were worth it and the art on the cards was pretty nice considering. ;)^
Re: Art of Optimus Prime for Transformers: Robots in Disguise Tiny Titans by Emiliano Santalucia (1936369)
Posted by WreckerJack on February 6th, 2018 @ 8:15pm CST
So a friend of mine is having surgery and I wanted to get her a gift for when she's recovering. Her favorite TF is Jazz. I found this god awful example of price gouging. Amazon aught to have a rule about this, its absolute garbage.

Oh look toywiz scalped it, what a fragging surprise. >:oP

I don't even know who would pay 70$ for a warrior class figure anyways. People have more money than brains evidently. I mean I am a fan of the character but with the lack of paint apps on this figure it's not worth more than retail imho. It's got a very fun transformation but there is no way it's worth 70 bucks. :HEADHURTS:
Re: Art of Optimus Prime for Transformers: Robots in Disguise Tiny Titans by Emiliano Santalucia (1936378)
Posted by william-james88 on February 6th, 2018 @ 8:29pm CST
Re: Art of Optimus Prime for Transformers: Robots in Disguise Tiny Titans by Emiliano Santalucia (1936380)
Posted by WreckerJack on February 6th, 2018 @ 8:38pm CST
william-james88 wrote:Its been like this since the beginning of amazon market place, I dont find any of this surprising.

I'm well aware of scalping and I am used to it but it still makes me livid.
Re: Art of Optimus Prime for Transformers: Robots in Disguise Tiny Titans by Emiliano Santalucia (1936384)
Posted by Emerje on February 6th, 2018 @ 8:57pm CST

Emerje
Re: Art of Optimus Prime for Transformers: Robots in Disguise Tiny Titans by Emiliano Santalucia (1936386)
Posted by WreckerJack on February 6th, 2018 @ 9:16pm CST
Emerje wrote:Besides, if you want a nice RID Jazz go for the Japanese TAV23 release, it's far superior. You can find a few on eBay for $36 or get one out of Hong Kong for $20 (and probably high fairly reasonable shipping).

Emerje

This is genius! I never would have thought to look there!
Re: Art of Optimus Prime for Transformers: Robots in Disguise Tiny Titans by Emiliano Santalucia (1938178)
Posted by WreckerJack on February 13th, 2018 @ 4:21am CST
Thanks to our very own chuckdawg1999 we now have a video review of Saberhorn aka Saberclaw & Bisk. While there have not been any reported sightings other than in Singapore, you may remember seeing some stock images of them a few months ago. It is also interesting to note that this is also the only figure of Saberhorn currently available. As chuckdawg1999 mentions in the video this figure may be hard to come by so if you would like one it may be a good idea to start looking. Saberclaw was shown at SDCC so there is a chance that they may show up in the US. As always, we will keep a vigilant optic out for any information to let our readers know the latest.

If you happen to spot these figures please let us know!

Re: Art of Optimus Prime for Transformers: Robots in Disguise Tiny Titans by Emiliano Santalucia (1938243)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 13th, 2018 @ 10:34am CST
Re: Art of Optimus Prime for Transformers: Robots in Disguise Tiny Titans by Emiliano Santalucia (1938412)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on February 13th, 2018 @ 6:49pm CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Sweet! I still stay the Crash Combiners were pretty cool and had some good ideas. Still keeping my eye open for Saberclaw and Primelock, they may be the most interesting of the class. Dragbreak and Skyhammer were cool, and Primestrong wasn't bad either, so I'm happy with my 3.

With a few tweaks, the Crash Combiners could've been the Duocons.
Re: Art of Optimus Prime for Transformers: Robots in Disguise Tiny Titans by Emiliano Santalucia (1938434)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on February 13th, 2018 @ 7:44pm CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

With a few tweaks, the Crash Combiners could've been the Duocons.

... meaning completely removing the individual robot modes?
Re: Art of Optimus Prime for Transformers: Robots in Disguise Tiny Titans by Emiliano Santalucia (1938459)
Posted by kurthy on February 13th, 2018 @ 9:20pm CST
Re: Art of Optimus Prime for Transformers: Robots in Disguise Tiny Titans by Emiliano Santalucia (1938461)
Posted by william-james88 on February 13th, 2018 @ 9:23pm CST
kurthy wrote:I'm just getting tired of Hasbro's weird AF distribution model. It seems like later waves are impossible to find, but they stuff a figure that all the collectors want into or, in this case, is actually a fun toy. Sky Lynx, Windblade, Bludgeon, Cogman, etc. I can't wait to see what happens with Optimus Primal and the fembots.

There is definite concern for Novastar since she is the only new figure. But Primal will be fine, he comes paced 50/50.
Re: Art of Optimus Prime for Transformers: Robots in Disguise Tiny Titans by Emiliano Santalucia (1938464)
Posted by kurthy on February 13th, 2018 @ 9:28pm CST
william-james88 wrote:

So was Sky Lynx.
Re: Art of Optimus Prime for Transformers: Robots in Disguise Tiny Titans by Emiliano Santalucia (1939036)
Posted by Va'al on February 15th, 2018 @ 2:59pm CST
We've been notified via email of the first sighting of one of the last toys to come out of the Transformers: Robots in Disguise line, Combiner Force Crash Combiners sub-line, at US retail: Saberhorn and Bisk, who combine into Saberclaw!

While Bisk has received a couple of toys in the various branches of the line, this is the only Saberhorn figure due out from the show's plastic rendition. The two-pack was spotted at the Brown Deer Road Walmart in Wisconsin for $15.57 (with tax), by user Slagwave who first posted over on TFW2005. If you come across your own sighting, make sure to use the Database right here, join the discussion, and happy hunting!

Re: Art of Optimus Prime for Transformers: Robots in Disguise Tiny Titans by Emiliano Santalucia (1939056)
Posted by Rysquad on February 15th, 2018 @ 3:29pm CST
Va'al wrote:We've been notified via email of the first sighting of the last toys to come out of the Transformers: Robots in Disguise line, Combiner Force Crash Combiners sub-line, at US retail: Saberhorn and Bisk, who combine into Saberclaw!

Does it have a SKU separate from the rest of the Two-Pack Crash Combiners?
Re: Art of Optimus Prime for Transformers: Robots in Disguise Tiny Titans by Emiliano Santalucia (1939146)
Posted by WreckerJack on February 15th, 2018 @ 6:40pm CST
Rysquad wrote:Does it have a SKU separate from the rest of the Two-Pack Crash Combiners?

I don't know about SKU but I have these codes for it. I wish I knew more about how these codes work to be honest. Upon doing some reasearch I learned that an SKU can be different for each retailer so perhaps UPC/EAN is the thing we are looking for to answer your question. I'm going to spend some time learning about this but so far I have this for you-

Saberhorn & Bisk (Saberclaw): Hasbro product code # E1114, UPC # 630509628568 or 630509659432, EAN # 5010993468874

They seem to be all different from the other crash combiners.

Strongarm & Optimus Prime (Primestrong): Hasbro product code # C0629, UPC # 630509506583, EAN # 5010993350582

Sideswipe & Bumblebee (Beeside): Hasbro product code # C0630, UPC # 630509506613, EAN # 5010993350575

Skysledge & Stormhammer (Skyhammer): Hasbro product code # C0631, UPC # 630509509973, EAN # 5010993353354

Lunar Force Strongarm & Optimus Prime (Primestrong): Hasbro product code # C2344, UPC # 630509558421, EAN # 5010993389117

Shockdrive & Warnado (Shocknado): Hasbro product code # C2343, UPC # 630509558414, EAN # 5010993389100

Dragstrip & Wildbreak (Dragbreak): Hasbro product code # C2342, UPC # 630509558438, EAN # 5010993389094

Grimlock & Optimus Prime (Primelock): Hasbro product code # E1111, UPC # 630509628575 or 630509671847, EAN # 5010993468881

Also here is how I learned more about what SKU means, I know I found it very helpful
https://www.thebalance.com/what-is-a-sk ... ms-2890158
Re: Art of Optimus Prime for Transformers: Robots in Disguise Tiny Titans by Emiliano Santalucia (1939149)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on February 15th, 2018 @ 6:48pm CST
So that's where some of the PotP product codes went:

E1110: Micronus with Autobot Cloudburst
E1111: Primelock: Optimus Prime & Grimlock
E1112: Liege Maximo with Skullgrin
E1113: Vector Prime with Metalhawk
E1114: Saberclaw: Saberhorn & Bisk
E1115: Alchemist Prime with Submarauder
E1116: Alpha Trion with Landmine

No wonder that they're coinciding with PotP Prime Master Wave 2...
Re: Art of Optimus Prime for Transformers: Robots in Disguise Tiny Titans by Emiliano Santalucia (1939193)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on February 15th, 2018 @ 9:42pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

With a few tweaks, the Crash Combiners could've been the Duocons.

... meaning completely removing the individual robot modes?

That, or tweak the molds to include knees and elbows but keep the spring loaded part.

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "TRANSFORMERS BUMBLEBEE AGE OF EXTINCTION ACTION FIGURE 2014" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION VOYAGER CLASS EVASION MODE OPTIMUS PRIME NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Hollywood Rides Diecast 1:32 Scale Flame Design Jada" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION AUTOBOT QUICK DRAW HOUND Power battler 2014." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 41 Constructicon Scrapmetal - Devastator Arm. MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Predaking - 30th Anniversary New Amazon Exclusive Platinum" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AOE Autobot SLUG - TRU Evolution 2-Pack Exclusive Deluxe New Slag" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Cyberverse Warrior Class Lightning Slash Thundercracker" on EBAY