Wednesday, February 6th, 2019 2:49pm CST

Categories: Toy News, People News
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 26,420

Transformers Artist and friend to the site, Robby Musso has dropped us a line to let us know that he has shared several of his original line art drawings for the Transformers Titans Returns Box Images that he worked on! He shared the images on his Facebook account and we have mirrored them here in all their glory for you to feast your eyes on:

Broadside

Transformers News: Artist Robby Musso Reveals His Original Line Art For Transformers Titans Returns Box Images

Blitzwing

Brawn

Astrotrain

Bumblebee

Alpha Trion

Chase

Kickback

Megatron

Overlord

Octane

Optimus Prime

Sky Shadow

Gnaw

What do you think of this work? Do you have a favourite piece? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!

Credit(s): Robby Musso

Re: Artist Robby Musso Reveals His Original Line Art For Transformers Titans Returns Box Images (2008484)
Posted by Randomhero on February 6th, 2019 @ 2:57pm CST
Re: Artist Robby Musso Reveals His Original Line Art For Transformers Titans Returns Box Images (2008494)
Posted by Cobotron on February 6th, 2019 @ 3:42pm CST
I love seeing this stuff! I love to see behind the process!

Randomhero wrote:Damn I thought Marcelo did all the art for TR. I’m glad Robby did these. I wish he’d have done more comics. He does solid work

I think Marcelo did all the painting. But don't quote me on that.
Re: Artist Robby Musso Reveals His Original Line Art For Transformers Titans Returns Box Images (2008601)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 6th, 2019 @ 5:40pm CST
Such a great reminder that Alpha Lion is one of the best and favorite figures I own. Amazing stuff
Re: Artist Robby Musso Reveals His Original Line Art For Transformers Titans Returns Box Images (2008699)
Posted by Emerje on February 7th, 2019 @ 2:12am CST
Picked up an Overlord at T.J.Maxx Wednesday. I wasn't very hopeful about finding one since I was just there Friday and there wasn't anything. Not only did I get one, but I had a choice of them.

20190206_180024.jpg

Hard to tell but there was five on the shelf so they got at least three cases worth (pretty sure he came in a solid case). They did not have the Bumblebee set, may have sold out, but I doubt it. They did have something else from TLK that might explain where all these Overlords are coming from.

20190206_180019.jpg

That was $6, but I already have it.

Going to try the other local store Saturday to see if they got anything interesting.

Emerje
Re: Artist Robby Musso Reveals His Original Line Art For Transformers Titans Returns Box Images (2008928)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on February 8th, 2019 @ 7:38am CST
I love Robby's work I have quite a few of his pieces of art on my walls including a sketch he made for me of sinsetro from the sinestro corps!
Re: Artist Robby Musso Reveals His Original Line Art For Transformers Titans Returns Box Images (2008932)
Posted by steve2275 on February 8th, 2019 @ 8:15am CST
look pretty sweet
Re: Artist Robby Musso Reveals His Original Line Art For Transformers Titans Returns Box Images (2011943)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on February 22nd, 2019 @ 12:03am CST
So after 3 years, have any of you regretted getting TR Fort Max?
Re: Artist Robby Musso Reveals His Original Line Art For Transformers Titans Returns Box Images (2011946)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on February 22nd, 2019 @ 12:54am CST
Rodimus Prime wrote:So after 3 years, have any of you regretted getting TR Fort Max?

Not one bit, although, technically, I got the Takara Tomy Transformers Legends version instead of the Hasbro Titans Return version.
Re: Artist Robby Musso Reveals His Original Line Art For Transformers Titans Returns Box Images (2011948)
Posted by Sjeng on February 22nd, 2019 @ 1:47am CST
Nope. I have the SDCC version, got it relatively cheap off of Kapow, bought 2, sold 1, made a little profit, so mine was eaven cheaper. I love that he talks, has the "robots in disguise" guitar riff and the huge sword. He's standing proudly on top of my Detolff.
Re: Artist Robby Musso Reveals His Original Line Art For Transformers Titans Returns Box Images (2011964)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on February 22nd, 2019 @ 6:51am CST

Yes and no. I have all the titans so far and he is probably my least favorite. My biggest regret was paying full price. To me his best feature is as part of the huge city I can build, but that takes up so much space that I don't get enjoy it as often. However with Omega Supreme being TR base compatible, my feelings might grow a bit on him once I have Dai Atlas and OS in hand to make and even bigger city.
Re: Artist Robby Musso Reveals His Original Line Art For Transformers Titans Returns Box Images (2011967)
Posted by Emerje on February 22nd, 2019 @ 7:06am CST

Maybe if I had one, but I jumped in wallet first and got the better looking Legends version instead and I don't regret that. Only thing I wish he had was his regular hand gun and his side guns, but the sword helps make up for it.

Emerje
Re: Artist Robby Musso Reveals His Original Line Art For Transformers Titans Returns Box Images (2012277)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 24th, 2019 @ 8:31pm CST

Not really, since Cerebros is awesome, Cog goes nicely with him, and I 3D Printed him a cool sword too. I think he's my favorite Titan in terms of looks and colors together.
Re: Artist Robby Musso Reveals His Original Line Art For Transformers Titans Returns Box Images (2015710)
Posted by Roxya on March 23rd, 2019 @ 2:22pm CDT
Insurgent wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Insurgent wrote:Would i be able to order this to the uk or is it us only?

It only ships to US but there are plenty of forwarding options where you can buy in the US and have them ship it to you, like borderlinx: http://www.borderlinx.com/US/en/

That will probably be your cheapest option

Oh cool. I didn't know companies like that existed. I'll have to check it's shipping rates. Thanks!

Yes, they're great, to anyone living out of the US! Borderlinx isn't trading anymore, but I recommend https://www.eshopwedrop.co.uk/ for getting the US toys :)
Re: Artist Robby Musso Reveals His Original Line Art For Transformers Titans Returns Box Images (2023150)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on June 1st, 2019 @ 1:33am CDT

Nope! I mean, I only got mine last year, but still. I love him, and made my own Master Sword for him. And I love that Hasbro beat the 3P layabouts to the punch on making Cog to go with him.
Re: Artist Robby Musso Reveals His Original Line Art For Transformers Titans Returns Box Images (2046182)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on December 5th, 2019 @ 6:44pm CST
Wanted to post here again to show off the new Monsterbots with their G1 selves all together

Re: Artist Robby Musso Reveals His Original Line Art For Transformers Titans Returns Box Images (2057115)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on March 19th, 2020 @ 12:32am CDT
They look delightful together. The new toys of the Monsterbots are amazing.

Digging this thread up because of an observation I made while fiddling with Overlord today, one that prompted some speculation on my part.
I noticed open slots in the bottoms of his chest sockets. Now, they could just be mold hollows - I freely acknowledge that. But they could also be slots intended for triggers that would be tripped by inserting Titan Masters, which makes me wonder if TR Overlord was originally supposed to have popout guns like his original toy did rather than them being just molded into his chestpiece.

Apologies if this has come up before.
Re: Artist Robby Musso Reveals His Original Line Art For Transformers Titans Returns Box Images (2057121)
Posted by Emerje on March 19th, 2020 @ 1:53am CDT
The original figure had similar gaps in the exact same space.

On that figure they were used to remove the Godmaster, which I wonder if was originally supposed to be the case on the TR version before filling in the side for some reason? Would be weird if it was just there to be a homage to the original mold. I'm sure that empty space saved them about a quarter of a cent in plastic. :roll:

Emerje
Re: Artist Robby Musso Reveals His Original Line Art For Transformers Titans Returns Box Images (2057125)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on March 19th, 2020 @ 2:51am CDT

EDIT: Circled it to show what I'm talking about
Re: Artist Robby Musso Reveals His Original Line Art For Transformers Titans Returns Box Images (2057129)
Posted by Emerje on March 19th, 2020 @ 3:30am CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:I don't think we're quite on the same page here. I'm saying that on TR Overlord, there's a completely open slot in the bottom of the socket itself running from 2-3mm in all the way to the back.

Ah, I see what you mean now. Pretty sure that's just so the Legends version could clip the engines in the chest without being yanked out.

There's a slight ridge on the bottom of the engine that lines up with the slots. There used to be better pictures, but that's the best I can find.

Emerje
Re: Artist Robby Musso Reveals His Original Line Art For Transformers Titans Returns Box Images (2057148)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on March 19th, 2020 @ 8:40am CDT
I think it's more likely that the slot was done either as a cost-saver or for a dropped gimmick, and the Legends toy just capitalized on it.

Overlord has some funky stuff going on. Like the detail on his inner torso piece being based on the Gigatank's plug-in missile battery even though it serves no use there. Or the absence of a clip to properly carry the Gigatank with, even though the Megajet carrying the tank from below in Masterforce is where that design idea came from. And the Legends version failed to fix that issue.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #291 - Til All Are 2021
"Til All Are 2021"
Posted: Sunday, January 2nd, 2022

Buy "TRANSFORMERS Cyberverse SKY BYTE, Tiny Turbo Changers 2020" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BUMBLEBEE CYBERVERSE ADVENTURES - ENERGON ARMOR SHOCKWAVE" on EBAY
Buy "Loyal Subjects Transformers Frenzy & Buzzsaw 2 Pack 2015 SDCC Exclusive Set" on EBAY
Buy "transformers g1 original Constructicon Hook Part" on EBAY
Buy "transformers g1 original Constructicon Hook Leg Part" on EBAY
Buy "transformers g1 original Constructicon Hook Part" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage G1 Transformers Decepticon Terrorcon Blot Near Mint Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Studio Series Soundwave #83 Bumblebee Movie IN HAND SEALED!!" on EBAY