Artwork for Upcoming Generations Repugnus Teased on Blast Off Packaging

Artwork for Upcoming Generations Repugnus Teased on Blast Off Packaging

Sunday, July 1st, 2018 6:04pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 17,339

Hong Kong got their shipment of Blastoffs and they are both shipping form Robot Kingdom and being found in stores (as you can see in the image below posted on Weibo). And while we already saw lots of images of Blast Off himself, we did not see all the packaging images. Now why would that matter you say, well that packaging gives us our first look at the upcoming Repugnus. One of the sides of the box has an awesome image of artwork that is only completed when you get all three special edition Prime Wars figures: Blast Off, Repugnus and Counterpunch. So on the Blastoff section of the artwork we see some of the Repugnus art. We can see his claw and his knee at the right side. The knee is very telling since it looks like the knee of both Grotusque and Twinferno meaning that Repugnus will indeed be another retool of that mold, making the trio quite uniform.

The image was posted by archieboy on the TFW boards, who just got Blast Off.

Transformers News: Image of Upcoming Generations Repugnas Found on Blast Off Packaging

Credit(s): Archieboy

This article was last modified on Sunday, July 1st, 2018 8:40pm CDT

Re: Artwork for Upcoming Generations Repugnus Teased on Blast Off Packaging (1967998)
Posted by Madeus Prime on July 1st, 2018 @ 6:08pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:That doesnt make any sense, the 175$ they would have paid is not enough for a 3P liokaiser. If thats your budget then your option is the Hasbro one, which is what I went for. Its not bad, the 4 limbs are pretty cool, especially the headsculpts and the tanks surprisingly look different enough due to the different accessories and orientations. That GuyHawk is an amazing update to the original.

Honestly I would've picked up the set if they'd released a retool of PotP Starscream as Leozack. They could have left out Jallguar or also released him separately as a retool of Beachcomber. I mean, let's be honest, the only thing recognizable about him in combined mode was a pair of black briefs. Plus, he never really got much characterization out of all the Breastforce (Hellbat still is my one of my favorite Decepticons)
Re: Artwork for Upcoming Generations Repugnus Teased on Blast Off Packaging (1967999)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on July 1st, 2018 @ 6:09pm CDT
Teases... all of you! [-(

Pretty odd that the robot mode art uses the UW orientation, in colors that aren't possible.
Re: Artwork for Upcoming Generations Repugnus Teased on Blast Off Packaging (1968002)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 1st, 2018 @ 6:34pm CDT
Okay, I was expecting more than that...darn you will!
*shakes fist at whatever direction Canada is in*
Re: Artwork for Upcoming Generations Repugnus Teased on Blast Off Packaging (1968004)
Posted by Randomhero on July 1st, 2018 @ 6:41pm CDT
Black Hat wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
Black Hat wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
YoungPrime wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
william-james88 wrote:I am sure we will get a G2 Blastoff the same day we will get Takara's Unite Warriors Liokaiser

Oh Will, you so crazy

I wonder if those people finally gave up...

I wonder why you care....

As for Takara, that $175+ "those people" would've paid for a REAL Liokaiser set gave up and lined the pockets of another company. That's usually how it works. So if HasTak doesn't care why should we right..? :DANCE:

I have a real Liokaiser. He was released in a box set for combiners wars. Seriously. He has the name and the symbols and is an official release. I don’t need all 6 of the original team to be satisfied. CW Liokaiser is a colorful fun combiner. Wanna spend $500 on a high quality knock off just to please you and only you? Cool. I spent $80 and have the same satisfaction.

I mean, that's cool, but some people want Liokaiser to have his full ensemble and not require upgrade kits to have feet that aren't totally worthless. Heck, I want CW Liokaiser but I'm not going to pretend he's a definitive version and that a good 3P alternative wouldn't be nice.

Technically he is the definitive one becuase he’s the only official one in 30 years. I won’t count a 3rd party. Not gonna compare an IP infringed product that’s $500 aimed at 30+ year olds with expendable income to an official product that’s aimed for everyone.

He's missing a member (two really seeing as he replaced both torso components with a rather odd looking Deszaras), is too small and needs upgrade kits to be able to stand in poses other than straight up. That does't sound very definitive to me. "It's all we have" isn't an excuse.

I have no horse in this race, as cool as he is I have no real attachment to Liokaiser. CW Lio looks good enough for me, but for people who want "The" Liokaiser? They definitely need better, official or otherwise.

Also, given Liokaiser's age and comparative obscurity, wouldn't it make sense that a Liokaiser SHOULD be aimed at 30+ year olds with expendable income?

Absolutely not. The jumpstarters have little to no fiction outside the U.K. marvel and last stand of the wreckers. By that logic the titans return figures shouldn’t be for everyone. Or generations roadbusters.
They’re transformers and if hasbro wants to revive an old combiner for new and old fans they can.
Re: Artwork for Upcoming Generations Repugnus Teased on Blast Off Packaging (1968006)
Posted by Randomhero on July 1st, 2018 @ 6:46pm CDT
God I hope I can get a Repugnus. I am a monster bot fan and am hoping he’s easily available
Re: Artwork for Upcoming Generations Repugnus Teased on Blast Off Packaging (1968008)
Posted by Evil Eye on July 1st, 2018 @ 6:52pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:
Black Hat wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
Black Hat wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
YoungPrime wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

Oh Will, you so crazy

I wonder if those people finally gave up...

I wonder why you care....

Of course they can, but calling a figure meant for a young audience that's been heavily altered from its original concept "definitive" is a bit silly. Doesn't mean it's a bad figure of Liokaiser, but it isn't THE figure of Liokaiser that some people want, and it's perfectly reasonable to bemoan the lack of a decent alternative for people that do want a higher-end Liokaiser.

Re: Artwork for Upcoming Generations Repugnus Teased on Blast Off Packaging (1968013)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 1st, 2018 @ 7:05pm CDT
I think kanra was right anyway, unless tf stops as a franchise, its a bit presumptive to say any figure is definitive as you don't know what's round the corner. There's also the matter of what you are personally looking for in a figure. For example, I'm happy to say that cw superion is a "definitive" choice but I know others don't agree with that as they rather have slingshot over Alpha Bravo. Choice is a good thing, though sometimes it just isn't possible for what ever reason.
Re: Artwork for Upcoming Generations Repugnus Teased on Blast Off Packaging (1968014)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on July 1st, 2018 @ 7:05pm CDT
Well, that image is rather anticlimactic. Looking at the knee...another Twinferno retool?

Black Hat wrote:But I do hope a better Liokaiser comes out, either from HasTak or a 3P. Having choices is almost always a good thing.

Pretty sure there was a 3P one last year.
Re: Artwork for Upcoming Generations Repugnus Teased on Blast Off Packaging (1968020)
Posted by bvzxa on July 1st, 2018 @ 7:33pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Teases... all of you! [-(

Yeah I didnt notice that at first....
Re: Artwork for Upcoming Generations Repugnus Teased on Blast Off Packaging (1968022)
Posted by Cobotron on July 1st, 2018 @ 8:07pm CDT
I can't wait to get Repugnus's knee!!! :KREMZEEK:

:-P

As for the Leo Kaiser convo, wouldn't the "definitive" version of any one character be the 1st one, as it is the toy or design that defined the character?
Anything after it would be redefinitive.

I know. Splitting hairs. I just couldn't resist. :lol:
Re: Artwork for Upcoming Generations Repugnus Teased on Blast Off Packaging (1968044)
Posted by Randomhero on July 1st, 2018 @ 10:15pm CDT
I wonder if the punch/counterpunch mold will be the Jazz mold. Use the body and retool the entire car frame. The hood and canopy. It’s possible. You make it so the hood and top of the car is able to make two robot modes that can switch from front to back and just have to rotate the legs and arms 180. Sure the hands would be odd but come on, TFCC Punch/counterpunch. It’s gotta be something like that or just an entire new mold.
Re: Artwork for Upcoming Generations Repugnus Teased on Blast Off Packaging (1968065)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on July 2nd, 2018 @ 12:52am CDT
Black Hat wrote:Again, I think he looks like a lot of fun (assuming you have good feet for him) and when I'm in a position to, I'll get him. But I do hope a better Liokaiser comes out, either from HasTak or a 3P. Having choices is almost always a good thing.

You may hate the Combiner Wars Hand-Foot-Guns as feet, but they're far better than the G1 alternative:

Those are some teenie weenie tootsies!
Re: Artwork for Upcoming Generations Repugnus Teased on Blast Off Packaging (1968086)
Posted by Va'al on July 2nd, 2018 @ 4:26am CDT
Throne, not munkky! Out of left field entirely, a post on Chinese social media platform Baidu seems to reveal another end of line cap figure for Transformers Power of the Primes and Prime Wars trilogy overall - a version of Optimal Optimus with three accessories: a throne, a crown, a sceptre/mace. The name of the set? Throne of the Primes.

Also worth noting is the redeco of the figure, switching the Optimal Optimus colours for the red, black and white of the Optimus Primal version of the character while still using the bigger body. You can check out the image below for yourselves, and let us know what you think of it in the Energon Pub! Might this be a San Diego Comic Con exclusive, or something else entirely?

Re: Artwork for Upcoming Generations Repugnus Teased on Blast Off Packaging (1968087)
Posted by Evil Eye on July 2nd, 2018 @ 4:30am CDT
Are those Prime Masters in the throne there?

Also I have to give it to them, that looks nice. I'm not so sure I care much for Primal (as cool as the redeco is I just can't get behind that mold) but the throne looks kinda awesome and those accessories rock.
Re: Artwork for Upcoming Generations Repugnus Teased on Blast Off Packaging (1968098)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 2nd, 2018 @ 4:59am CDT
I think they are meant to be prime masters, but not actually prime masters. My worry is what the throne is actually made of but considering the colours on him are more subdued, I actually quite like him! Need to see more pictures though.
Re: Artwork for Upcoming Generations Repugnus Teased on Blast Off Packaging (1968102)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 2nd, 2018 @ 5:24am CDT
I'll hold on for the regular Optimal Optimus then. This Throne version look VERY interesting.
Re: Artwork for Upcoming Generations Repugnus Teased on Blast Off Packaging (1968104)
Posted by Crosscheck on July 2nd, 2018 @ 5:38am CDT
Re: Artwork for Upcoming Generations Repugnus Teased on Blast Off Packaging (1968106)
Posted by Deadput on July 2nd, 2018 @ 5:42am CDT
Crosscheck wrote:It doesn't include a crown. That is the Optimal Optimus head repainted in gold with the face pained black and silver.

Dude the head shape is different, if it's not a crown accessory it's a retool.
Re: Artwork for Upcoming Generations Repugnus Teased on Blast Off Packaging (1968108)
Posted by Crosscheck on July 2nd, 2018 @ 5:53am CDT
Deadput wrote:

Dude the head shape is different, if it's not a crown accessory it's a retool.

Nevermind, I think you are right. I have the images side-by-side now. It does appear to be an accessory.
Re: Artwork for Upcoming Generations Repugnus Teased on Blast Off Packaging (1968109)
Posted by ScottyP on July 2nd, 2018 @ 6:21am CDT
I did wake up, right? About 20 minutes ago? Yes? Because this is out there. Wtf.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Hotrod, Cogman, Stinger lot" on EBAY
Buy "RARE Transformers The Last Knight Cyberfire COGMAN 1-Step Turbo Changer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege Autobot HOUND Earthrise WFC G1 MISB lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hound - Siege War for Cybertron BNIB" on EBAY
Buy "5x Transformers.All In Boxes Sideswipe,Doubledealer,Shockwave, Skipjack,Ironhide" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Battle Masters Firedrive Figure NEW" on EBAY
Buy "New Sparkless Seeker with Minifigures Transformers War for Cybertron Netflix #3" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War For Cybertron Wheeljack & Red Alert NETFLIX Siege" on EBAY