Friday, May 4th, 2012 4:54pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 56,031

Courtesy of the Thai website Toys2mail Station we have images of a Spring 2012 solicitation that reveals what appears to be an Asian release of the 2007 Transformers movie line Leaders Optimus Prime and Megatron in a two-pack. The solicitation has August 2012 listed as the release date. They have also posted a mock-up of the set in the DOTM Optimus Prime/Jetfire two-pack packaging. The price works out to around $210.00. We will attempt to find out more information about this somewhat unusual listing. Images mirrored below.

Credit(s): Toys2mail Station

This article was last modified on Friday, May 4th, 2012 5:51pm CDT

Re: Asian Release 2007 Transformers Movie Leaders Optimus Prime and Megatron Two-Pack (1376986)
Posted by Diem on May 4th, 2012 @ 5:05pm CDT
Reminds me of the Cybertron Prime + Crumplezone pack. I would expect a wacky redeco but it doesn't look like it.
Re: Asian Release 2007 Transformers Movie Leaders Optimus Prime and Megatron Two-Pack (1376993)
Posted by BeastProwl on May 4th, 2012 @ 5:47pm CDT
accept the box says Jetfire.
:lol:
Re: Asian Release 2007 Transformers Movie Leaders Optimus Prime and Megatron Two-Pack (1376997)
Posted by El Duque on May 4th, 2012 @ 5:57pm CDT
BeastProwl wrote:accept the box says Jetfire.
:lol:

This is common practice for mock-ups.
Re: Asian Release 2007 Transformers Movie Leaders Optimus Prime and Megatron Two-Pack (1377000)
Posted by Forgotten on May 4th, 2012 @ 6:04pm CDT
This is reaching on a grand scale. Wow, just wow.
Re: Asian Release 2007 Transformers Movie Leaders Optimus Prime and Megatron Two-Pack (1377003)
Posted by Diem on May 4th, 2012 @ 6:09pm CDT
Forgotten wrote:This is reaching on a grand scale. Wow, just wow.
Repaint them as Ultra Magnus and Galvatron, done.
Re: Asian Release 2007 Transformers Movie Leaders Optimus Prime and Megatron Two-Pack (1377004)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on May 4th, 2012 @ 6:10pm CDT
well at least its 2 molds that havent been around since 07-08, still odd though
Re: Asian Release 2007 Transformers Movie Leaders Optimus Prime and Megatron Two-Pack (1377015)
Posted by Autobot032 on May 4th, 2012 @ 6:50pm CDT

The price? Terrible. They aren't worth $210.00, even together.
Re: Asian Release 2007 Transformers Movie Leaders Optimus Prime and Megatron Two-Pack (1377020)
Posted by RAcast on May 4th, 2012 @ 7:07pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:What an odd choice. I have that Megatron, I love it, really. I replaced that Optimus with the ROTF version, which is far superior. Just a really odd choice.

The price? Terrible. They aren't worth $210.00, especially together.

^ fixed with my opinion.
In general, I expect to pay *less* for a box set than I would for the individual figures.

Moreover, these molds are, in my opinion at least, pretty awful. I guess Leader Megatron is alright, but the first movie Leader Prime is nowhere near as nice as the Rotf and onward version.
Re: Asian Release 2007 Transformers Movie Leaders Optimus Prime and Megatron Two-Pack (1377022)
Posted by Autobot032 on May 4th, 2012 @ 7:15pm CDT
RAcast wrote:

The price? Terrible. They aren't worth $210.00, especially together.

^ fixed with my opinion.

Exactly. I'll give Megatron more credit, this time. Megatron's design in the movie wasn't exactly toy friendly. Making it work, plus retaining his gun gimmick, transformation, plus Automorph, is nothing short of a miracle. Is it perfect? No. But I'd be hard pressed to do a better job, really.

Optimus, on the other hand, his truck mode wasn't great (what with all of that weaponry junk sticking out), his robot mode was even worse. His design was more pleasing to the eye, so why didn't he receive more detail work?
Re: Asian Release 2007 Transformers Movie Leaders Optimus Prime and Megatron Two-Pack (1377041)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on May 4th, 2012 @ 9:09pm CDT
Odd choice of molds... They should have gone with ROTF megs and prime instead, I own the 2007 prime, he was great.. but the ROTF one is better. Megatron still looks great.

But again, I highly doubt this will sell, just because of the high pricetag. Not many parents would fork out $200 for a kid's toy at one shot. Besides, this seem like a Takara release, or were they too lazy to shop out Takara's logo? Last time a few departmental stores here imported the Buster/Jetfire 2 pack, did not sell at all.
Re: Asian Release 2007 Transformers Movie Leaders Optimus Prime and Megatron Two-Pack (1377088)
Posted by DMSL on May 5th, 2012 @ 3:28am CDT
Two outdated figures that weren't too great to begin with for 210 bucks? Are they nuts? If they want us to buy movie Leader Class figures give us a DOTM Leader Class Megatron, Shockwave or that Blackout we've been asking for since the first movie came out.
Re: Asian Release 2007 Transformers Movie Leaders Optimus Prime and Megatron Two-Pack (1377320)
Posted by BATTOUSAIXD on May 6th, 2012 @ 12:48am CDT
Interesting. I wonder why they would keep the original paint instead of going with "Premium" series paint. I already have two "Premium" Megatrons and a regular and buster prime, so this is a pass unless Megatron got completely chrome/metallic paint which doesn't seem to be the case.

At any rate I would also rather have leader DOTM Megatron, or more accurate ROTF Megatron, Shockwave, or even Blackout. They already have good molds for Prime and movie 1 Megs and have already sold plenty, so it's time to get to something new.
Re: Asian Release 2007 Transformers Movie Leaders Optimus Prime and Megatron Two-Pack (1377330)
Posted by Transformers Hoarder on May 6th, 2012 @ 2:00am CDT
I'm sure the final product will be repaints with chrome galore, and I'll bite with that being said.
Re: Asian Release 2007 Transformers Movie Leaders Optimus Prime and Megatron Two-Pack (1377340)
Posted by RhA on May 6th, 2012 @ 4:06am CDT
I expect there to be some changes form the orginal products. Given the age of the molds and that price...

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #256 - Netflix and Siege
"Netflix and Siege"
Posted: Tuesday, August 4th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Decepticon SHOCKWAVE  Brand New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Action Attackers: Ultra Class Slipstream Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime & Generations Selects Hot Shot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Botbots Series 1 - Burgertron, Poo Sham & Sticky McGee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Pime Talking BUMBLEBEE Beast Hunters LOOSE Action Figure HTF 2013" on EBAY
Buy "WB Hasbro Collectibles - Transformers Generations Selects Hot Shot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe Lot of 7 DINOBOT HOT SHOT CHEETOR RATCHET Complete! + MORE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Mega Mighties "Hot Shot"  Action Figure" on EBAY