Australian Animated Posters for Transformers: The Last Knight Toys

Australian Animated Posters for Transformers: The Last Knight Toys

Wednesday, May 17th, 2017 1:32pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 20,818

Some Australian news for the toy line for the live action Paramount movie Transformers: The Last Knight comes to use via Ozformers' griffin, who spotted some animated toy promotional posters around Westfield Centre. You can find out more info on the two clips, and their contents, below!

For those with a Westfield shopping centre near them, some people have been seeing this week, two short promo videos on their advertising screens, for the Transformers movie, featuring Deluxe Bumblebee (in one) and Voyager Optimus (in the other).

Both promo clips go for 10 seconds, starting off with the movie logo and its release date in Australia (June 22nd)... then it shows the feature character, morphing from the recent 3D movie promos on facebook into their first wave toy... running and transforming into vehicle mode, then transforming back to take place in a line-up of the six Deluxe and Voyager wave 1 toys.

These promo clips might show up on youtube or facebook by Hasbro or Paramount, but here is a taping of the two clips that I took today at the Garden City Westfield (outside Target)..

Credit(s): Ozformers griffin

Re: Australian Animated Posters for Transformers: The Last Knight Toys (1882378)
Posted by william-james88 on May 17th, 2017 @ 3:04pm CDT

DOTM is shorter and skinnier than I remember. I still love his leg transformation (very unique amongst Optimus toys) but the arms are clunky). When all three are side by side (pics coming later, maybe), the newest one is the beefiest, most imposing and more sparkly. But holding them all, the AOE voyager is easily the better toy for me. He feels so good as a poseable toy and as a transformer. He has less kibble than either and feels far more solid. Nothing unpegs, which is kind of amazing when you realize that his torso is just made up of free floating bits of the truck. Its really miraculous how you get such a solid connection. Him not being a shellformer in any way really makes him stand out and the elbows arent as bad as I remembered. plus the paint on the evolution one I have is plentiful.

I think I like him best followed by the new TLk voyager with DOTM taking a back seat 9but I did still like him back when I got him).
Re: Australian Animated Posters for Transformers: The Last Knight Toys (1882389)
Posted by Autobot N on May 17th, 2017 @ 3:36pm CDT
I've got all 3 of those guys. Never really liked DOTM Prime. TLK Prime is pretty great, but Evasion Prime blows him out of the water.
Re: Australian Animated Posters for Transformers: The Last Knight Toys (1882397)
Posted by Noideaforaname on May 17th, 2017 @ 4:09pm CDT
Anyone else get the Tiny Turbo Changers? $3 and a helpful code is hard to resist. I got Soundwave and Lockdown, who turned out to be fun little surprises though they needed a bit of paint:

Plus they scale rather nicely with the Cyberverse toys:
(obviously this pic was taken before I painted the little guys, heh)
Re: Australian Animated Posters for Transformers: The Last Knight Toys (1882404)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 17th, 2017 @ 4:20pm CDT
I have 7 of those little dudes, and they are loads of fun!

Also, these 3 looks pretty good together:

Re: Australian Animated Posters for Transformers: The Last Knight Toys (1882420)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on May 17th, 2017 @ 4:49pm CDT
Those animated posters really are cool. If only actual posters for my wall could be animated... Have they still not developed such things yet?
Re: Australian Animated Posters for Transformers: The Last Knight Toys (1882429)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 17th, 2017 @ 5:14pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:I was playing with my Voyager Movie Optimus Primes yesterday, the latest three (so DOTM, AOE and TLK). I really enjoy how they are completely different toys and all worth owning in one capacity or another. There were definite diferences and you could feel the improvement. Dollar to value ratio is tough to compare since the new voyagers cost an arm and a leg now in my country, so I will only look at the toys.

I have it TWICE if you wanna trade something. ;)

HFTD and TLK look pretty boss together.
Re: Australian Animated Posters for Transformers: The Last Knight Toys (1882431)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on May 17th, 2017 @ 5:17pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:Do you own the INCREDIBLE HFTD Battle Blades voyager Optimus? It's like a mini ROTF leader with a similar transformation. It even have a hidden Matrix that is removable.

HFTD and TLK look pretty boss together.

I keep getting outbid on that HFTD on eBay. Definitely a great Voyager figure of movie Prime's original robot and truck modes.
Re: Australian Animated Posters for Transformers: The Last Knight Toys (1882435)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on May 17th, 2017 @ 5:23pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:Anyone else get the Tiny Turbo Changers? $3 and a helpful code is hard to resist.

I was tempted by getting a black TTC Grimlock, but without anything to complement that purchase, well...
Re: Australian Animated Posters for Transformers: The Last Knight Toys (1882449)
Posted by .... on May 17th, 2017 @ 6:20pm CDT

If it's the case, that is an awesomely clever way to cheap out on designs! :lol:
Re: Australian Animated Posters for Transformers: The Last Knight Toys (1882463)
Posted by bacem on May 17th, 2017 @ 7:25pm CDT
So, i am browsing on facebook this morning, and came across this
FB_IMG_1495066332021.jpg

is this means we will be getting MPM barricade soon?
(Credit to facebook user Wan Peng for that pic)

EDIT: never mind, didn't saw the news at the front page before, my bad :-P
Re: Australian Animated Posters for Transformers: The Last Knight Toys (1882500)
Posted by WreckerJack on May 17th, 2017 @ 11:35pm CDT
TFW2005 member AutobotMirage has found the second wave of Transformers The Last Knight One Step Changers at a Target in East Amherst, New York. This set contains Grimlock, Megatron, and Berserker. If you'd like a better look at the Megatron or Berserker One Step Changer this article features a video review of both.

Re: Australian Animated Posters for Transformers: The Last Knight Toys (1882520)
Posted by Emerje on May 18th, 2017 @ 4:36am CDT
SillyMcGilly wrote:Could the new trailer give us a clue as to why some of the TLK toys have parts-forming? Maybe Bumblebee has the same un-assembling gimmick in his later toy as in the trailer?

If he has ball joints then he should go to pieces pretty easily. ;)^

Emerje
Re: Australian Animated Posters for Transformers: The Last Knight Toys (1882554)
Posted by IAPETUS_PRIME on May 18th, 2017 @ 10:21am CDT
Can anyone tell me who's the bot beside Barricade??
Re: Australian Animated Posters for Transformers: The Last Knight Toys (1882557)
Posted by Overcracker on May 18th, 2017 @ 10:31am CDT
IAPETUS_PRIME wrote:Can anyone tell me who's the bot beside Barricade??

Where, what picture are you looking at?

Here?

That's Megatron, and Decepticon Berserker.
Re: Australian Animated Posters for Transformers: The Last Knight Toys (1882567)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on May 18th, 2017 @ 11:20am CDT
See i was right, i knew i wasn't imagining it, that there is a TTC packet going about with the letter S on it, mind you i still dunno who the hell it is :-?

Screenshot_2017-05-18-17-16-20-1.png
Re: Australian Animated Posters for Transformers: The Last Knight Toys (1882727)
Posted by ScottyP on May 18th, 2017 @ 10:16pm CDT
I'd heard some rumors about a deluxe Bumblebee variant, so I took a look for myself and yep, there is one. Behold - launch day purchase on the left, today's purchase on the right:

ImageYou can see the black paint not only gets onto the roof, but portions of the rear of the vehicle as well.

ImageIn robot mode there's no difference that's really noticeable. The shades of yellow are my lighting setup being crappy/me being not great at pictures. Trust me on this, the yellows are the same despite what it might look like here!

ImageHowever, when it's in the package, the roof pieces are left flat on the back. I've posed these oddly to show you how you can identify the variant in the store. The easiest way is to look at the rear piece, as the black "leaks through" a bit even when viewed from the front. The roof panel itself can be helpful in this but it isn't as reliable.

Given that the assortment codes are the same, I don't know of any other way to identify them while in the store, outside of being a total prick and opening the package in the aisle (do not do this.)
Re: Australian Animated Posters for Transformers: The Last Knight Toys (1882742)
Posted by IAPETUS_PRIME on May 19th, 2017 @ 12:43am CDT
Overcracker wrote:
IAPETUS_PRIME wrote:Can anyone tell me who's the bot beside Barricade??

Where, what picture are you looking at?

Here?

That's Megatron, and Decepticon Berserker.

:BANG_HEAD: Not in that pic but in the video ending where Optimus' toy joins the other toys standing. :POPCORN:
Re: Australian Animated Posters for Transformers: The Last Knight Toys (1882743)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on May 19th, 2017 @ 12:46am CDT
IAPETUS_PRIME wrote:
Overcracker wrote:
IAPETUS_PRIME wrote:Can anyone tell me who's the bot beside Barricade??

Where, what picture are you looking at?

Here?

That's Megatron, and Decepticon Berserker.

The animated poster?

The toys standing at the end are (in order) Barricade, Slash, Prime, Bumblebee, Grimlock, Berserker. All wave 1 figures. And two of which are in the photo just above too. :P They're angled in a V sorta shape so the ones on the sides Barry and Berserk, again same as the photo above oddly enough but reversed positions) look much smaller than they are.
Re: Australian Animated Posters for Transformers: The Last Knight Toys (1882747)
Posted by IAPETUS_PRIME on May 19th, 2017 @ 1:36am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
IAPETUS_PRIME wrote:
Overcracker wrote:
IAPETUS_PRIME wrote:Can anyone tell me who's the bot beside Barricade??

Where, what picture are you looking at?

Here?

That's Megatron, and Decepticon Berserker.

The animated poster?

thanks i kinda thought slash looked like grimlock.
Re: Australian Animated Posters for Transformers: The Last Knight Toys (1882751)
Posted by bacem on May 19th, 2017 @ 2:05am CDT
Found this on facebook, voyager scorn in packaging.
FB_IMG_1495171649788.jpg

unfortunately there is no picture of the back side yet.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Exclusive Platinum Edition Action Figure Silver Knight Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Bumblebee Hex Bug Nano Micro Robotics Transformers 4 Age of Extinction HexBug" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Age of Extinction  OPTIMUS PRIME  FIRST EDITION Leader Class NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2014 Age of Extinction Deluxe Class Drift Flip & Change." on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Transformers: Rescue Bots Academy - Whirl The Flight-Bot! New!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers:  Age of Extinction Voyager Class Galvatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Electronic Hero Mashers Light Up Weapons Hasbro NEW" on EBAY
Buy "2013 Transformers Construct Bots AOE DinoBot Optimus Prime & Gnaw Dino Brand NEW" on EBAY