Auto Assembly 2010 memories

Transformers News: Auto Assembly 2010 memories

Tuesday, August 17th, 2010 11:45AM CDT

Categories: Event News, People News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 58,965

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

So Auto Assembly 2010 has come to a close on Sunday and we're starting to realize that it is indeed another year until something this awesome hits the UK. Seibertron.com member Dead Metal was just one seibertronian to attend the convention and while the convention didn't contain anything new Transformers news wise it was still great. Among the guests where:

Garry Chalk (voice actor of Beast Wars Optimus Primal and Optimus Prime in the Unicon Trilogy)
Scott McNeil (voice actor of Beast Wars Wazpinator, Silverbolt, Dinobot, Rattrap and Jetfire in the Unicon Trilogy)
Derrik J Wyatt (Designer for Transformers Animated)
Jim Sorenson (AllSpark Almanak)
Bill Forster (AllSpark Almanak)
Nick Roche (Last Stand of the Wreakers)
James "Sexy Man Beast" Roberts (Last Stand of the Wreakers)
Liam Shalloo (Transformers Animated: The Arrival)
Simon "Who may I kill" Furman (Transformers "-ation" series)
Simon "Hollywood" Williams (UK Transformers comic book)
Kris Carter (colourist UK Transformers comic)
Jason Cardy (UK Transformers comic)
Kat Nicholson (UK Transformers comic colourist)

The guests where amazing as was the event you can find two videos and a few photos in this article if you wish to see more or even share your experience of Auto Assembly then do so by clicking here. there you will find a detailed and near complete review of the Saturday activities by seibertronian "Pretender Skywarp"!





Image

Image
Credit(s): Auto Assembly
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Auto Assembly 2010 memories (1114220)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on August 17th, 2010 @ 1:20pm CDT
Dead Metal wrote:
Pretender Skywarp wrote:
Yes some of the cosplay was a bit naff, but everyone looked like they were having fun. I can't stress enough how good that Grimlock was..I wish I had a picure!

There is a whole host of stuff I missed out on today, hopefully another board member can fill us both in!!

I do have pics of Grimlock, who was also Wheeljack, I'll post those later along with the greatest TF character ever - Jim and a few more vids.


Really?? Somehow she looked taller as Grimmy!! Thanks for the front page shout out BTW. I did keep my eye out for you there, but was looking for you as per the picture in your avatar... ;)
Re: Auto Assembly 2010 memories (1114240)
Posted by Counterpunch on August 17th, 2010 @ 1:49pm CDT
Great stuff guys!
Re: Auto Assembly 2010 memories (1114253)
Posted by Dead Metal on August 17th, 2010 @ 2:38pm CDT
Pretender Skywarp wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
Pretender Skywarp wrote:
Yes some of the cosplay was a bit naff, but everyone looked like they were having fun. I can't stress enough how good that Grimlock was..I wish I had a picure!

There is a whole host of stuff I missed out on today, hopefully another board member can fill us both in!!

I do have pics of Grimlock, who was also Wheeljack, I'll post those later along with the greatest TF character ever - Jim and a few more vids.


Really?? Somehow she looked taller as Grimmy!! Thanks for the front page shout out BTW. I did keep my eye out for you there, but was looking for you as per the picture in your avatar... ;)

I think I saw you at one point, thing is that pic you posted of Carly (who is in fact a girl and not a guy, just to clarify) I'm sitting on one of the chairs on the left side of the room, but due to the angle I am hidden behind Denim (the dude with the Cowboy hat talking with Jim Sorenson and Bill Forster), oh well next time we'll talk. ;)

And yes that chick was both Wheeljack and Grimlock, She even ran around with Grimlock's dino head under her arm on Sunday, by the way she's US military and came all the way from South Korea just to make me feel ashamed that I only had to come from Germany.... :oops:

And now some of the photos I took, excluding the crappy ones ruined by the fact that there was no lighting on the stage and those that I haven't uploaded yet. They are all click-able thumbnails!







This was made during the damn fake fire alarm on Friday which ruined all chances of a fan dub. :-x




































Chris McFeely and Jim Sorenson


Pose like you mean it!


Denim






LIAM!

Liam is awesome....

Old Oilhouse crew, well part of it, guess who Darkages is.


Jim and his army of beer cans


Better look at Jim, CrazyDevy Power parts will soon be3 available for 500 dollars.




Never record a podcast while drunk .... oh and see how Jim's army grows!


More tomorrow or so.
Re: Auto Assembly 2010 memories (1114258)
Posted by ArmadaPrime on August 17th, 2010 @ 2:44pm CDT
haven't taken any pics but...
Armada blurr, sideways, cyclonus, reqeium blaster, other minicons...
ROTF sideswipe, mindwipe
and some others...
Re: Auto Assembly 2010 memories (1114301)
Posted by Windsweeper on August 17th, 2010 @ 4:58pm CDT
AA 2010 was my first ever TF convention. Been meaning to go for years. Had an absolute blast.

Picked up Botcon Tap Out and Chromia, Collectors Club Ramjet (Armada Skywarp repaint) among others as well as getting the missing issues of the Wreckers comics.

Spoke to Nick Roche. Very nice fellow. Seems some of my friends were telling the truth when they said they knew him. He even remembered seeing my oversized custom Micromaster Devestator from Build King when one of my friends was customising it for me.

So glad I finally went and if I'm not crippled with a mortgage will definitely go back next year.
Re: Auto Assembly 2010 memories (1114429)
Posted by Trikeboy on August 18th, 2010 @ 3:49am CDT
I wish I could have attended this year but it would have cost alot of cash and I wouldn't have been able to stay long. I am working in South Korea and it is about £1000 for a round trip ticket. I would also have to have left Saturday evening. Oh well, there is always next year.
Re: Auto Assembly 2010 memories (1114489)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on August 18th, 2010 @ 9:04am CDT
Could I trouble people for some feedback on my review? I know there are a few typo's, but in terms of content, strcture etc...

It's the first time I attempted doing something like that (especially something I've put my face to!) and whilst I don't think I'll be giving up my day job any time soon, I did enjoy writing it and may consider doing more.

No need tpull your punches either, I'm a big brave boy...
Re: Auto Assembly 2010 memories (1114501)
Posted by Electron on August 18th, 2010 @ 9:34am CDT
Pretender Skywarp wrote:Could I trouble people for some feedback on my review? I know there are a few typo's, but in terms of content, strcture etc...

It's the first time I attempted doing something like that (especially something I've put my face to!) and whilst I don't think I'll be giving up my day job any time soon, I did enjoy writing it and may consider doing more.

No need tpull your punches either, I'm a big brave boy...


awesome review, and i really enjoyed it, was alot more than i expected when i asked you to give you thorts and feelings on the event.

The contents great, informative, has a very personal conversation type tone to it making it easy to read and also a pleasure at the same time.

structure was gud as the use of images to break up text has been used well, and helps keep interest especially when large articles on the interwebz are very hard to focus on and read

like you sed a few typos, but i really liked it

hope this helps

hope to see you at next years AA if i can make it =D
Re: Auto Assembly 2010 memories (1114564)
Posted by denimcowboy on August 18th, 2010 @ 12:48pm CDT
hi

loved aa2010 so many memories i never feel as much love in a room as when i go to aa(we really need to do it more than once a year. we also had friend who were missing you were missed.

i enjoyed all of it so many memories especially my rendetion of bat out of hell on the karoake (all this hours at work where not sung in vein) it rulled enjoy the pics i cant get them on the page as they are too big apperantly

here are my photos
http://s1010.photobucket.com/albums/af2 ... nimcowboy/

anyone wanting to keep in touch with catch me at
thedenimcowboy@hotmail.com
rodimusprime20_uk@yahoo.co.uk

p.s dead metal that picture of me smiling is hidious i look like the joker on acid hahahahahahaha congrats you are one of the few people who got picture of my smilling.
i love you tthe denim cowboy
Re: Auto Assembly 2010 memories (1114581)
Posted by Dead Metal on August 18th, 2010 @ 1:47pm CDT
denimcowboy wrote:hi

loved aa2010 so many memories i never feel as much love in a room as when i go to aa(we really need to do it more than once a year. we also had friend who were missing you were missed.

i enjoyed all of it so many memories especially my rendetion of bat out of hell on the karoake (all this hours at work where not sung in vein) it rulled enjoy the pics i cant get them on the page as they are too big apperantly

here are my photos
http://s1010.photobucket.com/albums/af2 ... nimcowboy/

anyone wanting to keep in touch with catch me at
thedenimcowboy@hotmail.com
rodimusprime20_uk@yahoo.co.uk

p.s dead metal that picture of me smiling is hidious i look like the joker on acid hahahahahahaha congrats you are one of the few people who got picture of my smilling.
i love you tthe denim cowboy

You shall get the full official seibertron.com welcome, not just the one in the pm.

Welcome to seibertron.com
Warning: Seibertron.com [strike]may[/strike] contains nuts!

And that pic of you is epic awesome, best smile I've seen in a long time. :lol:
Re: Auto Assembly 2010 memories (1114890)
Posted by Elita One on August 19th, 2010 @ 3:55am CDT
Lucky. I wish I could go to AA but the exchange rate means it's cheaper for me to go to Botcon instead *knock wood*.
Re: Auto Assembly 2010 memories (1115804)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on August 21st, 2010 @ 1:58am CDT
Electron wrote:
Pretender Skywarp wrote:Could I trouble people for some feedback on my review? I know there are a few typo's, but in terms of content, strcture etc...

It's the first time I attempted doing something like that (especially something I've put my face to!) and whilst I don't think I'll be giving up my day job any time soon, I did enjoy writing it and may consider doing more.

No need tpull your punches either, I'm a big brave boy...


awesome review, and i really enjoyed it, was alot more than i expected when i asked you to give you thorts and feelings on the event.

The contents great, informative, has a very personal conversation type tone to it making it easy to read and also a pleasure at the same time.

structure was gud as the use of images to break up text has been used well, and helps keep interest especially when large articles on the interwebz are very hard to focus on and read

like you sed a few typos, but i really liked it

hope this helps

hope to see you at next years AA if i can make it =D


Thanks for the kind words m8. The one thing I was srtuggling with was when to include the pics and to amke them "tally" with what I was writing. I'll have to look for some suitable subject matter and see what else I can churn out!

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Generations Goshooter MISB - Time Remaining: 3 days 16 hours 29 minutes 39 seconds
Platinum Optimus Prime Transformers Generations Edition Year of the Goat 2015 - Time Remaining: 1 day 7 hours 32 minutes 45 seconds
Transformers: Age of Extinction - Stinger Pop! Vinyl Figure - Time Remaining: 4 days 1 hour 34 minutes 46 seconds
Transformers Universe Target Exclusive 25th Anniversary Voyager Leo Prime Figure - Time Remaining: 17 days 12 hours 39 minutes 42 seconds
Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise RID Deluxe Class Vehicon - Time Remaining: 2 days 8 hours 42 minutes 55 seconds
Transformers Generations GDO Deluxe Class Swerve - Time Remaining: 18 days 3 hours 44 minutes 22 seconds
Takara Transformers Dark of the Moon DOTM Deluxe Class Decepticon Vortex DD-06 - Time Remaining: 1 day 23 hours 46 minutes 32 seconds
Transformers Generations GDO Deluxe Class Cliffjumper - Time Remaining: 25 days 9 hours 47 minutes 56 seconds
Website Security Test