Awesome new Images of Transformers Generations Select Red Wing

Transformers News: Awesome new Images of Transformers Generations Select Red Wing

Friday, June 7th, 2019 8:47AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 20,286

We have some incredible new images of the exclusive Transformers Generations Selects Redwing. Iamnofire has the toy in hand and has gone all out on taking images of it in both modes. This gives us our best look yet at the deco in alt mode. The gallery was posted on the Transfans Facebook page.
The standard price will be $29.99 but it is not certain exactly who will be carrying him at that price. Hasbro Pulse is the most likely bet.

Are you excited for another obscure Seeker release, or will you be passing this altogether? Tell us in the discussion below.[/quote]
Credit(s): iamonfire
Re: Awesome new Images of Transformers Generations Select Red Wing (2023719)
Posted by mentre83 on June 7th, 2019 @ 9:11am CDT
I kind of hate its smirking face.
Re: Awesome new Images of Transformers Generations Select Red Wing (2023723)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on June 7th, 2019 @ 9:18am CDT

Lovely pictures btw, and if this guy retails for $30, that would be awesome. If only they did that with Skywarp... :-(
Re: Awesome new Images of Transformers Generations Select Red Wing (2023724)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 7th, 2019 @ 9:19am CDT
mentre83 wrote:I kind of hate its smirking face.

I like it, it makes me think that he's the Decepticon version of tracks, totally in love with himself (more so then screamer), the slick paint job enforces it
Re: Awesome new Images of Transformers Generations Select Red Wing (2023725)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 7th, 2019 @ 9:21am CDT
mentre83 wrote:I kind of hate its smirking face.
But it fits his "devil may care" attitude so much better than the blank face Starscream got.

If anything, both Starscream and Red Wing should have the smirking face while Thundercracker should have gotten the blank face.
Re: Awesome new Images of Transformers Generations Select Red Wing (2023727)
Posted by WiseMan on June 7th, 2019 @ 9:45am CDT
I was interested. I don't have this character or mold.

But after seeing these pics, the tetrajet mode looks about as aerodynamic as my car keys. It's a jet with a giant block of legs tacked on underneath it.

Easy pass.
Re: Awesome new Images of Transformers Generations Select Red Wing (2023729)
Posted by sol magnus on June 7th, 2019 @ 9:58am CDT
Not sure if I'm getting him or not, but he looks cool.
Re: Awesome new Images of Transformers Generations Select Red Wing (2023730)
Posted by sol magnus on June 7th, 2019 @ 9:59am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
mentre83 wrote:I kind of hate its smirking face.

I've considered swapping the heads. So far it looks to be more trouble than it's worth but maybe someone will reverse engineer and share how they do it when the time comes.
Re: Awesome new Images of Transformers Generations Select Red Wing (2023734)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 7th, 2019 @ 10:30am CDT
Man, he looks great, I love the sharp color scheme on him and have no problem thinking of him as a reincarnation of armada 'scream
Re: Awesome new Images of Transformers Generations Select Red Wing (2023735)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 7th, 2019 @ 10:42am CDT
WiseMan wrote:I was interested. I don't have this character or mold.

Easy pass.

Do you need to be aerodynamic in space?
Re: Awesome new Images of Transformers Generations Select Red Wing (2023746)
Posted by carytheone on June 7th, 2019 @ 11:32am CDT
william-james88 wrote:Image
That's some mighty fine pics of a mighty fine bot. Not making saying no any easier.

ZeroWolf wrote:
WiseMan wrote:I was interested. I don't have this character or mold.

Easy pass.
Do you need to be aerodynamic in space?
In space no one can hear your drag, but they can sure as shit see your knees.

Nathaniel Prime wrote:My main question is what stand is that in the pictures? It looks great for Decepticons.
Bumb. Anyone?

Looks a lot like this, only purple.

Sabrblade wrote:
mentre83 wrote:I kind of hate its smirking face.

I actually prefer Screamer to have the blank face for serious poses. One of the drawbacks to bots with facial expressions is you're stuck with that expression and it may not fit all situations. So in my case I rather Starscream look all business with his thugs (that actually do the dirty work) having the mischievous looks.
Re: Awesome new Images of Transformers Generations Select Red Wing (2023766)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on June 7th, 2019 @ 2:04pm CDT
The thing is, G1 Starscream has an ego big enough to bludgeon Fort Max with, so he usually is smirking. That or making an "Oh slag I'm gonna die" face. So the smirk head suits him a LOT more than it does the much more dour and usually neutral/frowning Thundercracker.

Sabrblade wrote:
mentre83 wrote:I kind of hate its smirking face.

Agreed. I've said it at least twice before, I think HasTak accidentally swapped Screamer and Thundercracker's headsculpts. I had originally been pondering just getting TC since I already had PotP Screamer, but now I want to get Screamer too.

carytheone wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Are you excited for another obscure Seeker release, or will you be passing this altogether? Tell us in the discussion below.
Hard pass as I'm already going be $90 $110 in on Siege Seekers.

I will say that is one sharp ass deco though and would jump if it happens to sell poorly and hits the e-discount bins (which is where all the select figures have fallen on my radar so far).

EDIT: oops, forgot about Smokescreen - that dude's on lock down ;)^

Smokescreen isn't a Seeker :P
Re: Awesome new Images of Transformers Generations Select Red Wing (2023773)
Posted by carytheone on June 7th, 2019 @ 2:44pm CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
carytheone wrote:...would jump if it happens to sell poorly and hits the e-discount bins (which is where all the select figures have fallen on my radar so far).

EDIT: oops, forgot about Smokescreen - that dude's on lock down ;)^
Smokescreen isn't a Seeker :P
Sure isn't, point? :-?
Re: Awesome new Images of Transformers Generations Select Red Wing (2023778)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on June 7th, 2019 @ 3:00pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
mentre83 wrote:I kind of hate its smirking face.

Hence why a lot of fans are just planning to do a head swap between Starscream and Thundercracker. A few people are theorizing that the faces were originally supposed to be distributed like that, but something (as it often does) got confused during production.
Re: Awesome new Images of Transformers Generations Select Red Wing (2023783)
Posted by carytheone on June 7th, 2019 @ 3:16pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:...a lot of fans are just planning to do a head swap between Starscream and Thundercracker. A few people are theorizing that the faces were originally supposed to be distributed like that, but something (as it often does) got confused during production.
I doubt it was a mix up, wouldn't the first renders have had swapped faces?

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... ycc/42170/

I just took a look at the back of Starscream's head. Looks like it's going be a bear to swap though. The ball looks pretty big with the possibility of breaking the stem or part of the head. Well good luck and may the plastic gods be on whomever's side ;)^
Re: Awesome new Images of Transformers Generations Select Red Wing (2023785)
Posted by sol magnus on June 7th, 2019 @ 3:31pm CDT
carytheone wrote:
I doubt it was a mix up, wouldn't the first renders have had swapped faces?

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... ycc/42170/

After examining my Starscream, I abandoned the idea. Unless somebody does a thread on how they do/did it.
Re: Awesome new Images of Transformers Generations Select Red Wing (2023788)
Posted by carytheone on June 7th, 2019 @ 3:44pm CDT
sol magnus wrote:
carytheone wrote:
I doubt it was a mix up, wouldn't the first renders have had swapped faces?

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... ycc/42170/

It's not on my radar, but the only safe option seems to be taking the torso apart (if that is even possible). I'm too lazy to transform mine to check for screws. He does have screws in his "butt flaps" though.
Re: Awesome new Images of Transformers Generations Select Red Wing (2023790)
Posted by sol magnus on June 7th, 2019 @ 3:47pm CDT
carytheone wrote:
sol magnus wrote:
carytheone wrote:
I doubt it was a mix up, wouldn't the first renders have had swapped faces?

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... ycc/42170/

I used to reassemble G1 Megatrons from parts. I don't want any parts of this Starscream.
Re: Awesome new Images of Transformers Generations Select Red Wing (2023791)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on June 7th, 2019 @ 3:50pm CDT

It's definitely possible for renders to use the wrong head - just look at PotP Hun-Gurrr and how two of his on-package renders have the head blanked out because they used the Snaptrap/Turtler headsculpt instead (I mean, what else could it be?).

carytheone wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:

EDIT: oops, forgot about Smokescreen - that dude's on lock down ;)^
Smokescreen isn't a Seeker :P
Sure isn't, point? :-?

I was looking more at this part:
carytheone wrote:Hard pass as I'm already going be $90 $110 in on Siege Seekers.

The strikethrough and the edit to add Smokescreen made it look to me like you were adding his price to the total. I guess I was wrong :oops:

EDIT: Regarding swapping the heads: What about carefully prying the front of the head away from the back?
Re: Awesome new Images of Transformers Generations Select Red Wing (2023793)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on June 7th, 2019 @ 4:40pm CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:The render having the neutral head doesn't rule out wires getting crossed, IMO. To me, it suggests that the assembled figure the render was modeled off of used the wrong head and/or the render used the wrong head and the production toys followed suit because they used the render as a reference. Or maybe both were going off the same faulty note as to which head was whose.

carytheone wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:

EDIT: oops, forgot about Smokescreen - that dude's on lock down ;)^
Smokescreen isn't a Seeker :P
Sure isn't, point? :-?

I was looking more at this part:

I thought he meant $110 for the Seeker trio, since Skywarp will be $50 ($30+$30+$50=$110)

About swapping the head, so far only one guy has posted a picture on Reddit about how he succeeded in removing Screamer's head, but knowing Reddit, I will just have to keep digging to find that >:oP

If you can't swap it, I don't really care honestly. I didn't care about my ROTF Leader Prime's eyes being green, and I am not about to care about who has the smirk. The mold is great, fun, and has way too many positives for me to care about one feature on its face.
Re: Awesome new Images of Transformers Generations Select Red Wing (2023794)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on June 7th, 2019 @ 4:46pm CDT
Damnation HasTak enough with the visual teasing already. I think you have made your point on what an awesome figure this is! :BANG_HEAD: :VEHI:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #236 - Tangled Web
"Tangled Web"
Posted: Monday, December 9th, 2019

Buy "TRANSFORMERS - BISK Robots in Disguise Legion Toy HASBRO Figure Legend Bot NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Ultra Class Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "transformers robots in disguise grimlock near complete" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Transformers Age of Extinction Generations Deluxe Class Strafe Figure" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Generations Power of the Primes Legends Tailgate ACTION FIGURE NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations SDCC 2015 Exclusive Devastator Brand NEW, MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Siege Deluxe Class Autobot Hound" on EBAY
Buy "used Hasbro Transformers combiner wars Skylynx Sky Lynx Reign voyager" on EBAY