Sunday, July 12th, 2020 5:58am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 14,386

Greetings Seibertronians! For all those fans who live in Australia and New Zealand, we've got some great news for you if you wanted to get your hands on the forthcoming Back to the Future x Transformers crossover figure, Gigawatt!

Ozformers reports that thd figure has been picked up and will be distributed by several speciality stores (The last crossover figure, Ectotron, was distributed by EB Games and Zing in Australia). The names of the stores that will be carrying Gigawatt are still to be announced. The figure will be on sale in October, same time as the non-limited edition version in the USA.

Transformers News: Back to the Future x Transformers Crossover Figure Gigawatt To Be Sold In Australia and New Zealand

Will you be getting this figure? Are you still holding out for the time train? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!

Credit(s): Ozformers Facebook Group

Re: Back to the Future x Transformers Crossover Figure Gigawatt To Be Sold In Australia and New Zealand (2071357)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 12th, 2020 @ 6:29am CDT
Nice looking robot and the vehicle is accurate. However, OOF on that windshield. This bot seriously need the Reprolabels treatment.

BTW, will this be a E.B Games exclusive like Ectotron in Canada?
Re: Back to the Future x Transformers Crossover Figure Gigawatt To Be Sold In Australia and New Zealand (2071417)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on July 12th, 2020 @ 12:34pm CDT
Re: Back to the Future x Transformers Crossover Figure Gigawatt To Be Sold In Australia and New Zealand (2071453)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 12th, 2020 @ 1:47pm CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:How would an out-of-place cel-shaded windshield improve the situation? I think that'd be more of a lateral move :P

I don't think Repros will make a cartoon cel-shaded sticker for a non-cartoon toy. Like, come on.
Re: Back to the Future x Transformers Crossover Figure Gigawatt To Be Sold In Australia and New Zealand (2071459)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on July 12th, 2020 @ 2:44pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:

I dunno, they did them for a couple Studio Series toys... And for WFC toys even when they're out of place because of detail or basis... And it feels like they prioritize them over more useful things sometimes...
-Kanrabat- wrote:If the windshield part can be dismantled and reassembled easily, then a sticker that will give the car tinted windows will do the perfect trick.
Sadly, I think that's a pipe dream. Same for transparent stickers that tint the glazing from outside.... I think the best that can be hoped for is black stickers, slightly shaded to try and look like real tinted windows.
Re: Back to the Future x Transformers Crossover Figure Gigawatt To Be Sold In Australia and New Zealand (2071468)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 12th, 2020 @ 3:05pm CDT
Re: Back to the Future x Transformers Crossover Figure Gigawatt To Be Sold In Australia and New Zealand (2071474)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on July 12th, 2020 @ 3:24pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:Dark transparent tinted stickers would do the trick even if applied over the windows. Because that "ice cube rack" behind that windshield is the most unsightly thing I ever saw on a transformers car.
Oh, they totally would. I'm just saying that hoping for them from Reprolabels is a pipe dream. At best what they'll do is opaque stickers trying to look like tinted glass.
Re: Back to the Future x Transformers Crossover Figure Gigawatt To Be Sold In Australia and New Zealand (2071521)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 12th, 2020 @ 9:41pm CDT
Re: Back to the Future x Transformers Crossover Figure Gigawatt To Be Sold In Australia and New Zealand (2071522)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 12th, 2020 @ 10:04pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:I fully admit that I haven't seen any of the movies straight through but wasn't the windshield reinforced on the DeLorean?

Maybe but even in the MadMax world, they will not go that far.
Re: Back to the Future x Transformers Crossover Figure Gigawatt To Be Sold In Australia and New Zealand (2071524)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on July 12th, 2020 @ 10:29pm CDT

I agree that i wish they had tinted the windows. I don't know if I'd get a Reprolabel to do it, though. Maybe.
Re: Back to the Future x Transformers Crossover Figure Gigawatt To Be Sold In Australia and New Zealand (2071533)
Posted by Burn on July 13th, 2020 @ 1:07am CDT

da fuq? Image
Re: Back to the Future x Transformers Crossover Figure Gigawatt To Be Sold In Australia and New Zealand (2071536)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 13th, 2020 @ 1:37am CDT
Gauntlet101010 wrote:I don't think the DeLorean had a reinforced windshield. Doc used a DeLorean because of it's stainless steel construction.

I'm not sure if I was clear but I meant the windshield was reinforced after the modifications.
Re: Back to the Future x Transformers Crossover Figure Gigawatt To Be Sold In Australia and New Zealand (2071537)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 13th, 2020 @ 1:39am CDT
Burn wrote:

da fuq? Image

Should I mention that I got the complete boxset, a few months ago that also has the cartoon.
Re: Back to the Future x Transformers Crossover Figure Gigawatt To Be Sold In Australia and New Zealand (2071540)
Posted by Burn on July 13th, 2020 @ 1:55am CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Burn wrote:

da fuq? Image

Did you happen to also get a shovel to help dig that whole you're digging there? Image
Re: Back to the Future x Transformers Crossover Figure Gigawatt To Be Sold In Australia and New Zealand (2071612)
Posted by blackeyedprime on July 13th, 2020 @ 12:16pm CDT
Re: Back to the Future x Transformers Crossover Figure Gigawatt To Be Sold In Australia and New Zealand (2071613)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on July 13th, 2020 @ 12:25pm CDT
Maverick is up for pre-order on Hasbro Pulse too, due in October for $49.99.

https://hasbropulse.com/products/transf ... rick-robot
Re: Back to the Future x Transformers Crossover Figure Gigawatt To Be Sold In Australia and New Zealand (2071615)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on July 13th, 2020 @ 12:38pm CDT
Well ... the plane mode is done really well. But I have to admit the robot seems kind of bland. Those shoulders bother me.
Re: Back to the Future x Transformers Crossover Figure Gigawatt To Be Sold In Australia and New Zealand (2071616)
Posted by blackeyedprime on July 13th, 2020 @ 12:39pm CDT
$50 for that....haha, no.

The robot mode is worse than some of the old star wars line. The dirt effect really clashes with the clean parts. Kind of crazy when a cyber battalion jetfire outshines this monstrosity. Hopefully this mold will never get reusues and repaints despite the detailed head and nice jet mode.
Re: Back to the Future x Transformers Crossover Figure Gigawatt To Be Sold In Australia and New Zealand (2071618)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on July 13th, 2020 @ 12:58pm CDT
Oh....oh, no...

I mean, I had no interest/attachment towards this anyway, but that just looks bad. He looks like he's made out of 3d printer resin so he has no real color, he's mistransformed in half the shots which make his shoulders be too low, he comes with a tiny motorcycle that serves no purpose since he doesn't come with a minifigure or anything to ride it....that is not $50 dollars worth of effort.

The head sculpt is probably the best part of the figure.
Re: Back to the Future x Transformers Crossover Figure Gigawatt To Be Sold In Australia and New Zealand (2071621)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on July 13th, 2020 @ 1:04pm CDT
blackeyedprime wrote:$50 for that....haha, no.

I pre-ordered, for now, but I've probably about 1/2 way talked myself into cancelling already. It seems to be a voyager figure, so I'm not sure why the $20 markup instead of the $10 markup Ectotron and Gigawatt got. October is already going to be expensive (SS Blitzwing, Overload and Skipjack, Earthrise Sky Lynx and Scorponok, 2x Centurion Drone and God Neptune, and this is just pre-orders due in October. Sorry wallet)
Re: Back to the Future x Transformers Crossover Figure Gigawatt To Be Sold In Australia and New Zealand (2071624)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 13th, 2020 @ 1:10pm CDT
Just so you all know, you can discuss Maverick over here :
https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... led/44999/

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #256 - Netflix and Siege
"Netflix and Siege"
Posted: Tuesday, August 4th, 2020

Buy "Transformers BATTLE CORE OPTIMUS PRIME Combiner Wars Voyager White 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Voyager Class Autobot Infinitus & Sentinel Prime 100%" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars CW Voyager Class Technobot Scattershot MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars KO Blast Off" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Scattershot Figure Box#1" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers RODIMUS PRIME Generations Titanium Die-cast Series 2006 OPEN" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Trilogy Barricade Takara Tomy Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unite Warriors Grand Scourge" on EBAY