Bay Admits ROTF Wasn't Very Good

Bay Admits ROTF Wasn't Very Good

Monday, March 7th, 2011 7:27pm CST

Categories: Movie Related News, People News, Interviews
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 47,174

Not a fan of Transformers ROTF? Apparently neither is it's director Michael Bay. MSN recently posted an article in which Director Michael Bay admits Transformers ROTF wasn't very good. The article references Bay's recent interview with EMPIRE magazine. He cites the 2007-2008 writers' strike as a chief contributor to the film's lackluster story. He goes on to say they only had 14 pages worth of story and an idea of what the movie should be when they started prepping the film.

We made some mistakes... When I look back at it, that was c**p.

To read the entire article and see what the film's leading man Shia LaBeouf had to say click here

Credit(s): MSN

This article was last modified on Monday, March 7th, 2011 11:43pm CST

Re: Bay Admits ROTF Wasn't Very Good (1191532)
Posted by Shockwave7 on March 7th, 2011 @ 7:36pm CST
This just in: Bay also admits: Sky is blue! Earth revolves on its axis once every 24 hours! Water is wet!
Re: Bay Admits ROTF Wasn't Very Good (1191533)
Posted by Anonymous on March 7th, 2011 @ 7:36pm CST
no sh!t sherlock
Re: Bay Admits ROTF Wasn't Very Good (1191534)
Posted by Godzillabot Primal on March 7th, 2011 @ 7:40pm CST
Faint………………… Heh just kidding…… Wait! Why am I feeling weird? Heart hammering, muscles twitching, limbs going cold, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

Doctor’s note: patient died of surprise do to amazingly unusual news, hey Nightbeat get the body bag over here.
Re: Bay Admits ROTF Wasn't Very Good (1191535)
Posted by Heavy B on March 7th, 2011 @ 7:43pm CST
i liked ROTF. there, i said it
Re: Bay Admits ROTF Wasn't Very Good (1191543)
Posted by vectorsigma757 on March 7th, 2011 @ 7:52pm CST
Two things.
1. Why are we getting recycled news over and over, we've already heard about this interview.
2. We should have to admit that the 2nd movie was influenced by the strike. Sure it might have still had the juvenile jokes and action over plot, but I think it would have been more coherent with more resources available. It might have been better to delay the movie til after the strike, but there might have been property rights and stuff involved (like losing trademarks on names and stuff).

On another note. I personally enjoyed ROTF when I focus mostly on the Optimus scenes and ignore the twins.
Re: Bay Admits ROTF Wasn't Very Good (1191545)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on March 7th, 2011 @ 7:53pm CST
(sigh) That's great Mike, now mail it back to 2 years ago when it could've mattered...
Re: Bay Admits ROTF Wasn't Very Good (1191547)
Posted by Dagon on March 7th, 2011 @ 7:55pm CST
Dr. Heavy B wrote:i liked ROTF. there, i said it

I still don't find it a very good movie, but I wouldn't mind it even a fraction as much if it weren't for there being so much crybabying about people not liking it that you're almost forced to like it just to shut them up. There's a whole lot in it that I can happily overlook if it weren't for people being babies that they love it and I don't.
I think I dislike the fans more than I dislike the movie..... And that's not a personal thing against anybody who likes it either. I live in Chicago and I hate the Bears because I find their fans tragically obnoxious, and ROTF gets similar hate from me.
Re: Bay Admits ROTF Wasn't Very Good (1191553)
Posted by Pontimax 01 on March 7th, 2011 @ 8:06pm CST
I left the theater happy with both movies. Each left me wanting more. Sure, there's sections I skip watching the dvd. But really I do that with any movie because I can't stand filler, I just want my favorite parts. Maybe that's why I still like ROTF in a world that hates it. There's lots of tidbits that I find great in it, like the opening battle in China, the Forest Battle, or Jetfire's introduction.

Shia -
Then it's just a bunch of robots fighting each other
- Yes please... more robots fighting each other. I don't even care if it makes sense anymore, I love seeing metal mashing. Hell, cameo Jazz walking across the screen waving in the background like nothing ever happened to him for all I care. Robots smaaaaash.

Feels like Bay is just distancing himself from it because he's been told to. I doubt he really feels it was crap, maybe not great or as good as the vision of it was, but probably not crap. Many have said they wouldn't return for the next installment, now he's trying to alleviate fears and win back some that complained. If he wanted to do something humorous ,it'd be great to see a movie critic character get squished in DOTM.
Re: Bay Admits ROTF Wasn't Very Good (1191564)
Posted by SlyTF1 on March 7th, 2011 @ 8:25pm CST
Re: Bay Admits ROTF Wasn't Very Good (1191572)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on March 7th, 2011 @ 8:42pm CST
oolldd news
I bet if i made a cut of both movies joined together to make one movie, the parts worth keeping would be shorter than either of them. Sad part is that he complains about bad writing.... well, there isn't that much dialogue in the end fight scene with the Fallen... am I asking too much for a battle with the infernal Fallen to last a while?... a while longer than the forest scene perhaps? This is Transformers, not... 'lets make the audience wait forever through boring dialogue and no action for itty bits of action'

Then again, tf movies are like most sci-fi cg movies nowadays.... sigh.
:CON:
Re: Bay Admits ROTF Wasn't Very Good (1191573)
Posted by Mindmaster on March 7th, 2011 @ 8:46pm CST
I thought it was the best thing that happened since the Bible! :-(
Re: Bay Admits ROTF Wasn't Very Good (1191575)
Posted by OptiMagnus on March 7th, 2011 @ 8:47pm CST
SlyTF1 wrote:Screw this crap. He's just saying it to get people to see DOTM. He and I both know that ROTF is awesome.

Actually, this is probably somewhat right. He probably figures because of all the negative reactions of ROTF that no one will go see this upcoming film. However, I do believe there is some honesty in his words here. I mean, he did the whole story in three weeks. I'm sure he wasn't satisfied with that amount of time. Michael Bay doesn't seem to like feeling rushed too well. He even wanted DOTM to be released in 2012 initially, so that he wouldn't feel rushed. Maybe he just thinks he could've done more with ROTF than he did. He shouldn't beat himself up over it though.

And ROTF being awesome is still a personal opinion...you can't know if it's awesome or not.
Re: Bay Admits ROTF Wasn't Very Good (1191577)
Posted by SlyTF1 on March 7th, 2011 @ 8:50pm CST
OptiMagnus10 wrote:

Still, I think it's one of the best things ever to be done with Transformers.
Re: Bay Admits ROTF Wasn't Very Good (1191582)
Posted by Burn on March 7th, 2011 @ 8:57pm CST
MINDVVIPE wrote:Sad part is that he complains about bad writing....

What's so sad about it? Orci and Kurtzman couldn't write their way out of a wet paper bag if their lives depended on it.
Re: Bay Admits ROTF Wasn't Very Good (1191584)
Posted by OptiMagnus on March 7th, 2011 @ 8:59pm CST
SlyTF1 wrote:
OptiMagnus10 wrote:

Still, I think it's one of the best things ever to be done with Transformers.

Better statement. And I can agree 100%. But I have no doubt that DOTM will still manage to rock even more.
Re: Bay Admits ROTF Wasn't Very Good (1191585)
Posted by SlyTF1 on March 7th, 2011 @ 9:01pm CST
Burn wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:Sad part is that he complains about bad writing....

This. Not even Prime has the awesome story I thought it would have at first. It kind of does have "human Decepticons" though.

PS: Another sign of their uncreativenes is the harvester in the next episode. It looks just like a piece of Eden from Assassin's Creed and it does the exact same thing. And it's found almost in the same place of the world. Almost.
Re: Bay Admits ROTF Wasn't Very Good (1191590)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on March 7th, 2011 @ 9:08pm CST
Burn wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:Sad part is that he complains about bad writing....

Whatever, I wasn't referring to their writing. I was just making the point that a "fight scene" makes use of a team of storyboarders and so on, and have more freedom to just have battle choreography... in a script, it would just say somthing like:
Fight scene
Megatron and Starscream are wounded, flee
Optimus kills the Fallen

Thats leaves so much room for a lengthy battle. That was my point.
:CON:
Re: Bay Admits ROTF Wasn't Very Good (1191595)
Posted by T-Macksimus on March 7th, 2011 @ 9:18pm CST
Re: Bay Admits ROTF Wasn't Very Good (1191602)
Posted by Capt.Failure on March 7th, 2011 @ 9:25pm CST
*reads the thread*

That's nice. I still thought it was great.

T-Macksimus wrote:Yet another 3 paragraph rant scrapped at the last second because you ignorant jackasses aren't worth getting banned over. :BOOM: :-x :evil:

Not posting your rant is pointless if you still call everyone who liked it "ignorant jackasses." Just some friendly advice. Also quoted for to avoid further edits.
Re: Bay Admits ROTF Wasn't Very Good (1191604)
Posted by The Dude on March 7th, 2011 @ 9:26pm CST
Yes! The more he says it, the more I want to see DOTM. I want to quote that bit from Raising Arizona where those prison psychiatrists ask Nic Cage if he's just telling them what they want to hear, and Cage says he is telling them what they want to hear because he's telling the truth, but seeing as it's not on Wikiquote, I know I'd just butcher it.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Caliburst & Slugslinger Deluxe Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Triggerhappy Deluxe Hasbro Pre-Owned" on EBAY
Buy "Takaratomy Transformers Legends LG30 Wheelie &Go Shooter Action Figure To..." on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-48 Brawn & Repugnus Robot Figure Toy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return, SKY SHADOW, Leader Class, Generations" on EBAY