Bayverse Grimlock Toy Appeared in one of the Worst Films of 2019

Bayverse Grimlock Toy Appeared in one of the Worst Films of 2019

Wednesday, March 25th, 2020 9:54pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 21,553

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Have any of you heard of 2019 film The Fanatic, a film starring John Travolta and directed by Limp Bizkit? While Travolta aimed for a Rain Man type performance, it was more of an embarrassment for everyone involved and has a 16% rating on Rotten Tomatoes, which is a little better than the rating for The Last Knight (15%) but worse than the rating for Age of Extinction (18%). I bring these three films up because they have something in common: Bayverse Grimlock.

In a scene where John Travolta is hiding in his idol's house, under the child's bed, he sees a Transformers Age of Extinction Grimlock toy on the floor (looks like Flip and Change Grimlock), reaches out and brings it close to him. Why Limp Bizkit felt the need to put such a spotlight on this specific toy is unclear, as it does not come back in the film.

By all means this is not an endorsement for the film, and I do not recommend anyone to watch it. All you need are the screenshots below. Enjoy.

Transformers News: Bayverse Grimlock Toy Appeared in one of the Worst Films of 2019

Transformers News: Bayverse Grimlock Toy Appeared in one of the Worst Films of 2019

Transformers News: Bayverse Grimlock Toy Appeared in one of the Worst Films of 2019


This article was last modified on Wednesday, March 25th, 2020 9:57pm CDT

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Bayverse Grimlock Toy Appeared in one of the Worst Films of 2019 (2057800)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 25th, 2020 @ 9:59pm CDT
That was one HELL of a random (but epic) thread necro! :lol:
Re: Bayverse Grimlock Toy Appeared in one of the Worst Films of 2019 (2057801)
Posted by Quantum Surge on March 25th, 2020 @ 10:00pm CDT
Honestly, this bit of news seems more like it belongs in a bit of trivia from TFWiki than it does a news article. Feels as pointless as using Rotten Tomatoes these days.
Re: Bayverse Grimlock Toy Appeared in one of the Worst Films of 2019 (2057803)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on March 25th, 2020 @ 10:06pm CDT
Slow news week huh?
Re: Bayverse Grimlock Toy Appeared in one of the Worst Films of 2019 (2057805)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 25th, 2020 @ 10:14pm CDT
Wireless_Phantom wrote:Slow news week huh?



Well, with all that sh!t hitting the fan lately, everyone is grasping at straws to keep our minds off the grim reality...
Re: Bayverse Grimlock Toy Appeared in one of the Worst Films of 2019 (2057806)
Posted by william-james88 on March 25th, 2020 @ 10:20pm CDT
Wireless_Phantom wrote:Slow news week huh?


These comments are rather insulting. I take my time to write articles for all of us to enjoy.
Re: Bayverse Grimlock Toy Appeared in one of the Worst Films of 2019 (2057810)
Posted by Randomhero on March 25th, 2020 @ 10:47pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Wireless_Phantom wrote:Slow news week huh?


These comments are rather insulting. I take my time to write articles for all of us to enjoy.



Well there is news about concept art from bumblebee, the card game, burning convoy happening...buuuuuuuut I’m sure those will get covered 2 weeks after every other site has covered them like the standard seibertorn news lately. Let’s focus on this obscurity. Should we talk about Nautilator being in The Disaster Artist or was that an already obscure article when that happened?
Re: Bayverse Grimlock Toy Appeared in one of the Worst Films of 2019 (2057812)
Posted by william-james88 on March 25th, 2020 @ 10:58pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Wireless_Phantom wrote:Slow news week huh?


These comments are rather insulting. I take my time to write articles for all of us to enjoy.



Well there is news about concept art from bumblebee, the card game, burning convoy happening...buuuuuuuut I’m sure those will get covered 2 weeks after every other site has covered them like the standard seibertorn news lately. Let’s focus on this obscurity. Should we talk about Nautilator being in The Disaster Artist or was that an already obscure article when that happened?


If you have time to help us write those articles, Randomhero, please write me a PM and I can show you the ropes. Would be glad to have you on our team.

And yes, if someone had sent in about Nautilator, we would have newsed it. We usually news such things.
Re: Bayverse Grimlock Toy Appeared in one of the Worst Films of 2019 (2057814)
Posted by TulioDude on March 25th, 2020 @ 11:07pm CDT
Age of Extinction toys are pretty cool.The gimmicks are simple,but they really add to the playability of these figures.






Day 86 of waiting for Transformers Armada Masterpiece news.
Re: Bayverse Grimlock Toy Appeared in one of the Worst Films of 2019 (2057816)
Posted by Flashwave on March 25th, 2020 @ 11:21pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Wireless_Phantom wrote:Slow news week huh?



Well, with all that sh!t hitting the fan lately, everyone is grasping at straws to keep our minds off the grim reality...

I see what you did there...
Re: Bayverse Grimlock Toy Appeared in one of the Worst Films of 2019 (2057820)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 26th, 2020 @ 12:53am CDT
It's like how the G1 Starscream toy appeared in Top Gun.

Or how Son of the Mask had a scene where the baby watches an episode of Transformers: Armada.
Re: Bayverse Grimlock Toy Appeared in one of the Worst Films of 2019 (2057821)
Posted by LE0KING on March 26th, 2020 @ 1:29am CDT
Randomhero wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Wireless_Phantom wrote:Slow news week huh?


These comments are rather insulting. I take my time to write articles for all of us to enjoy.



Well there is news about concept art from bumblebee, the card game, burning convoy happening...buuuuuuuut I’m sure those will get covered 2 weeks after every other site has covered them like the standard seibertorn news lately. Let’s focus on this obscurity. Should we talk about Nautilator being in The Disaster Artist or was that an already obscure article when that happened?

Do you know why I prefer this website over all the other ones? Because unlike most of the other sites, people here generally maintain positive attitudes, treat each other civilly and aren't rude. Very seldom does a thread breakdown into insults and whining.
Re: Bayverse Grimlock Toy Appeared in one of the Worst Films of 2019 (2057823)
Posted by Deadput on March 26th, 2020 @ 2:51am CDT
LE0KING wrote:Do you know why I prefer this website over all the other ones? Because unlike most of the other sites, people here generally maintain positive attitudes, treat each other civilly and aren't rude. Very seldom does a thread breakdown into insults and whining.

This, I despise the current trend of the majority of fandom sites being populated with negativity.

This was a great article Will, I did not know about this guest star appearance from our orange Dinosaur, it's always neat seeing things you recognize in movies regardless of the quality of the actual movie/show.
Re: Bayverse Grimlock Toy Appeared in one of the Worst Films of 2019 (2057825)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 26th, 2020 @ 4:00am CDT
Flashwave wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Wireless_Phantom wrote:Slow news week huh?



Well, with all that sh!t hitting the fan lately, everyone is grasping at straws to keep our minds off the grim reality...

I see what you did there...


I didn't. :shock:

But now I do! :lol:

On a side note, is this article "irrelevant"?
Basically, yes, but it did put a big wide smile on my face and that count for a lot.
Re: Bayverse Grimlock Toy Appeared in one of the Worst Films of 2019 (2057828)
Posted by Black Hat on March 26th, 2020 @ 5:48am CDT
Oh crikey, a movie directed by Limp Bizkit. I can see no way that can possibly have been a colossal trainwreck. :lol:

In any event, thanks for still keeping us entertained with TF trivia even in these dark times. Lord knows we need some laughs at the moment. Stay safe.
Re: Bayverse Grimlock Toy Appeared in one of the Worst Films of 2019 (2057835)
Posted by Randomhero on March 26th, 2020 @ 7:23am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Wireless_Phantom wrote:Slow news week huh?


These comments are rather insulting. I take my time to write articles for all of us to enjoy.



Well there is news about concept art from bumblebee, the card game, burning convoy happening...buuuuuuuut I’m sure those will get covered 2 weeks after every other site has covered them like the standard seibertorn news lately. Let’s focus on this obscurity. Should we talk about Nautilator being in The Disaster Artist or was that an already obscure article when that happened?


If you have time to help us write those articles, Randomhero, please write me a PM and I can show you the ropes. Would be glad to have you on our team.

And yes, if someone had sent in about Nautilator, we would have newsed it. We usually news such things.


Honestly a year ago maybe but now? No way. Not after seeing three $@&?ing articles in a week theorizing the WFC Quintesson after it was listed in the rumors. Three articles in a week span. That’s a joke.

Been going here for over a decade and the last couple years have really shown how muddled and inconsistent the staff in here is where once or twice a year a call for staff is asked. That raises eyebrows especially with some staff memebers that shouldn’t be staff. Only thing that ever made me come here was the comics but the reviews for the comics the past year have been the most toxic thing I’ve read. From the get go constantly comparing them to Roberts comics in the past iterations to blatantly not giving the stories a chance. Last good damn reviewer was Va’al because that person actually reviewed the comics in an unbiased honest view then followed by a year of “don’t care if it’s not good it’s by James Roberts. 5/5 call me biased I don’t care.” Such trash. I was done contributing to comic discussion after seeing that for months on end

I appreciate the no 3rd party news because that garbage ends up taking over sites but that’s literally the only positive I can say anymore.
Re: Bayverse Grimlock Toy Appeared in one of the Worst Films of 2019 (2057854)
Posted by william-james88 on March 26th, 2020 @ 11:58am CDT
Deadput wrote:
LE0KING wrote:Do you know why I prefer this website over all the other ones? Because unlike most of the other sites, people here generally maintain positive attitudes, treat each other civilly and aren't rude. Very seldom does a thread breakdown into insults and whining.

This, I despise the current trend of the majority of fandom sites being populated with negativity.

This was a great article Will, I did not know about this guest star appearance from our orange Dinosaur, it's always neat seeing things you recognize in movies regardless of the quality of the actual movie/show.


Thanks, much appreciated. Just wanted to have some fun with you all. The discussion on Facebook took a fun turn when people started remembering all the other times TF toys appeared randomly in shows, like when a Beast Wars toy appeared in the Fresh Prince or G1 Shockwave being used as a machine prop in Aliens.

Also, initially I wanted to write it in a tongue and cheek manner and say Bayverse Grimlock appeared in a worse film than The Last Knight. But then I saw that this terrible Limp Biskit film actually scored higher :shock:

@Blackhat, Limp Biskit actually puts a scene where a Limp Biskit song comes on the radio and a character goes "man, this music is the best". I could not believe such a moment happened.
Re: Bayverse Grimlock Toy Appeared in one of the Worst Films of 2019 (2057858)
Posted by LE0KING on March 26th, 2020 @ 12:47pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Thanks, much appreciated. Just wanted to have some fun with you all. The discussion on Facebook took a fun turn when people started remembering all the other times TF toys appeared randomly in shows, like when a Beast Wars toy appeared in the Fresh Prince or G1 Shockwave being used as a machine prop in Aliens.

Also, initially I wanted to write it in a tongue and cheek manner and say Bayverse Grimlock appeared in a worse film than The Last Knight. But then I saw that this terrible Limp Biskit film actually scored higher :shock:

@Blackhat, Limp Biskit actually puts a scene where a Limp Biskit song comes on the radio and a character goes "man, this music is the best". I could not believe such a moment happened.

You do good work Will, keep it up.
Re: Bayverse Grimlock Toy Appeared in one of the Worst Films of 2019 (2057861)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on March 26th, 2020 @ 12:59pm CDT
Thanks for the article, Will! It's really cool to see stuff like this. The only other example of things like this I remember is G1 Optimus on the cover of Spaceballs: the coloring book. I also could've sworn I saw some sort of Optimus figure in Tomorrowland but I've never verified that.
Re: Bayverse Grimlock Toy Appeared in one of the Worst Films of 2019 (2057865)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on March 26th, 2020 @ 1:49pm CDT
I for one don't usually bother with other TF fansites, so better late than never.

The earliest example of a random movie appearance by a TF toy that I can remember is The Great Outdoors (1988): one of John Candy's sons is playing with Six Shot on the couch.

But my second recollection is another Travolta movie: Look Who's Talking Now! There's a scene in a mall where you can see the G2 Constructions in the background. Add in the scene in Look Who's Talking Too where the babies comment on TV commercials for Wrestling Buddies and the Hammerhead ("I want the Cobra Camerahead!") and Kirstie Alley's presence in all 3, and the film series feels like a co-production of Hasbro and Scientology!

Getting a movie made can produce strange bedfellows, and spotting the subtext can make even the sh!tt!est movie genuinely entertaining. I'll probably watch Fanatic if I come across it now.

And if I ever acquire the Hammerhead, I'll have my ReAction Pulp Fiction Vincent figure pilot it next to a custom Kirstie Alley Viper!
Re: Bayverse Grimlock Toy Appeared in one of the Worst Films of 2019 (2057909)
Posted by william-james88 on March 26th, 2020 @ 6:12pm CDT
LE0KING wrote:You do good work Will, keep it up.


Thank you so much Leo

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Ironhide Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Slugslinger and Caliburst" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #251 - Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill
Twincast / Podcast #251:
"Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, May 24th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Inferno Maximus, Ultra RID Optimus Prime, Light Saber" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Thundercracker - Brand New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Sunstreaker   2015 Optimus Maximus" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS COMBINER WARS SKYWARP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars SKYWARP Leader Jet" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS COMBINER WARS VICTORION, NEW IN BOX" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Skywarp Legends Series (bot, card, weapon)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Leader Class Ultra Magnus" on EBAY